2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 90 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Gexchange
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_7897 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4958 (resized).JPG
    20170324_152435 (resized).jpg
    texas_pinball_festival_201495 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2224 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0128 (resized).JPG

There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 2 years ago

Hey guys! We are going to be hosting another meet and greet party at Wild Pitch again this year at TPF!

As Always I will be buying the first round of drinks! so Have a Big old Beer on ME! Just tell them to put it on JJ's Tab. Reservation will be made Under Pinside.

3:30 PM Friday at Wild Pitch 2390 Parkwood Blvd, Frisco, TX 75034

This is Caddy corner across the street from the Hotel! An easy walk, and well worth the stop I promise!

For Name Badges and Lanyards Go to this thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tpf-pinbside-badge-and-lanyard

JJ

#2 2 years ago

Nice, these are always great! Thanks JJ

#3 2 years ago

Awesome! Last year's meet and greet was a blast! Count me in!

#4 2 years ago

Bleh.

Would like to meet people but very much doubt (as in prior years...) I'll be arsed to take valuable time away from the show to do it. I dunno. I'll talk to Quiddity and see if she's interested. If not...I'll be in the place I'm spending 600 bucks and valuable vacation days to be at. =\

#5 2 years ago

Would like to meet folks but can't step away from the action at VECTOR booth once 5pm kicks off. Also... manager's happy hour is a mandatory beer refuel.

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

Also... manager's happy hour is a mandatory beer refuel.

I had that thought too but wasn't gonna say anything... like, hey we have free alcohol let's go across the street....NOPE.

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Bleh.
    Would like to meet people but very much doubt (as in prior years...) I'll be arsed to take valuable time away from the show to do it. I dunno. I'll talk to Quiddity and see if she's interested. If not...I'll be in the place I'm spending 600 bucks and valuable vacation days to be at. =\

Love to have you if I you can come. If not another time. Part of TPF for me is the meet and greet party! This is its 3rd or 4th year now

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

Love to have you if I you can come. If not another time. Part of TPF for me is the meet and greet party! This is its 3rd or 4th year now

Yeah, I was too busy in tourney 2 years ago, and was at Nationals instead of TPF last year... =\

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

Would like to meet folks but can't step away from the action at VECTOR booth once 5pm kicks off. Also... manager's happy hour is a mandatory beer refuel.

What time is the free drinks at the hotel? I'm trying to make it before the dennis Nordman speech, Saturday night looks even worse

#10 2 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

What time is the free drinks at the hotel? I'm trying to make it before the dennis Nordman speech, Saturday night looks even worse

5-7pm per my wife.

#11 2 years ago

Looking forward to this, JJ, and TPF in general. Maybe what I expect out of the pinball hobby is a bit misguided, but part of the interest for me is more social interaction. If all there is is a group of closed-off nerds, I can get that anywhere (I'm from the alcohol-is-okay part of Utah, if that makes any difference).

#12 2 years ago

I suggest doing the meet and greet outside of manager happy hour, Elvira, popular talks... might be good to do late brunch Saturday after the swap meet but before everything kicks into high gear?

Whew. Wish TPF was Thu-Sun! Need another day!

#13 2 years ago

I'd vote for three, maybe three thirty or four. Show officially starts at five, and I don't know about you guys, but I love the excitement of making sure all our machines are up and ready to go, and hearing everything come alive while watching the huge line at the door enter.

Kids allowed? I expect ours will still be around that early in the afternoon.

#15 2 years ago

JJ,
    One possible time slot is Fri from 4 to 5 pm.
    TPF starts at 5pm, and all exhibitors & vendors are supposed to have their machines and booths set up and ready by 4 pm.
    This would also avoid hotel happy hr conflict.
    Those that want to head back to TPF around 5 pm can do so, and others that are having fun at Meet n Greet can hang out some more.
    Win-win!

#16 2 years ago

No Centerflank, no attendance for me.

I'm going to try and make it.

#17 2 years ago

I'm with the 4 to whenever idea. My machines will be ready well before then and I am not a fan of the mad rush as the show opens. The wife, my brother and I always have a good time at the M&G. Looking forward to it and thanks for putting it on!

PS, The food is good and reasonably priced.

Shawn

#18 2 years ago

Never made it yet to Meet and Greet.
    Started walking that way
    Then......FREE BEER!
    Managers Happy Hour(s) gets me everytime

IMG_0128 (resized).JPG

IMG_2224 (resized).JPG

#19 2 years ago

I land at 1pm, so as long as nothing goes wrong 3pm would work, how many of us pinsiders will be in town? Do say 3 or 3:30 work for everyone?

#20 2 years ago

Jeff and I will be there. We land at 1:30.

#21 2 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

I land at 1pm, so as long as nothing goes wrong 3pm would work, how many of us pinsiders will be in town? Do say 3 or 3:30 work for everyone?

Works for Frax and I, and since nobody has said no to kids, the kids. I figure it's not any worse than Hooters or Twin Peaks, and since the older one is already scoping the dregs of the internet, I'm not worried about much.

I like 3pm better, larger window before the show starts.

#22 2 years ago

I enjoyed the meet and greet last year. It was fun and pretty well attended.

#23 2 years ago
    Quoted from chadderack:

Looking forward to this, JJ, and TPF in general. Maybe what I expect out of the pinball hobby is a bit misguided, but part of the interest for me is more social interaction. If all there is is a group of closed-off nerds, I can get that anywhere (I'm from the alcohol-is-okay part of Utah, if that makes any difference).

Nah, it's not misguided at all. What you seek from pinball is one of the most basic parts of humanity. Pinball, sports, dogs, cats, gyms, etc... objects and places are just objects and places, not people. Sure, it seeeeems like people just absolutely love football and beyonce and whatnot, but... People doing all these things really just do them to feel more comfortable and connected when seeking genuine human friendship and companionship. That's part of what makes people so great... no matter what people are doing or how they are doing it, they all really just want the same basic thing: each other.

Yes, I am prone to tangents lol.

#24 2 years ago
    Quoted from chadderack:

Our league is so on point with this stuff. I'm really happy with the social scene we're building up in SLC.

#25 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jeremy8419:

Nah, it's not misguided at all. What you seek from pinball is one of the most basic parts of humanity.

Quoted from jar155:

Our league is so on point with this stuff. I'm really happy with the social scene we're building up in SLC.

Thanks guys. I agree, Jeff. Really liking the league so far.

#26 2 years ago

Wish I could make it this year, but reality says otherwise.

My wallet is safe from you this time, muhahahaha. Damnit.

#27 2 years ago

I'm sure me and the wife could make it.

#28 2 years ago
    Quoted from jfesler:

Wish I could make it this year, but reality says otherwise.
    My wallet is safe from you this time, muhahahaha. Damnit.

BOOOO!!!!!

JJ

#29 2 years ago

Would love to meet a bunch of you! I'll be working our booth, so not sure how all that works but if I can I'll try to drop by.

#30 2 years ago

will there be "hello my name is" tags?

#31 2 years ago

Good times. Count me in. My wallet is NOT safe from you JJ.

#32 2 years ago

I will be there, it will be a good warm up for my 50th birthday on Saturday.

#33 2 years ago

First year at TPF and would like to make it to the meet and greet, where Is wild pitch located?

#34 2 years ago
    Quoted from PunkPin:

First year at TPF and would like to make it to the meet and greet, where Is wild pitch located?

Caddy-corner across the street from the Embassy Suites.

#35 2 years ago

Ok Lets do it at 3:30 PM at Wild Pitch

#36 2 years ago
    Quoted from sc93cobra:

Would love to meet a bunch of you! I'll be working our booth, so not sure how all that works but if I can I'll try to drop by.

yea, I'll be in the same boat - working hard to have the booth ready for the 5:00 PM opening of the show. My plane doesn't land until 1:00 PM or so, so it's going to be a race!

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync adapter kit

#37 2 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

yea, I'll be in the same boat - working hard to have the booth ready for the 5:00 PM opening of the show. My plane doesn't land until 1:00 PM or so, so it's going to be a race!
    -Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync adapter kit

Ouch I know the feeling! Hope to see you around the show!

JJ

#38 2 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

-Rob

we are in the same boat as well, flight lands at 12:50. Need to stop at lowes for a few things we can't take on the plane, check in at a hotel a few miles from the show, then head to the show and set up...a race for sure. Looking forward to seeing everyone...we will be sharing a booth with Mezel.

#39 2 years ago

Thanks Gexchange, I'll try to swing by, I would like to meet some fellow pinsiders as well.

#40 2 years ago

Pencil in 4x Kiwis, as long as we can get away from the TPF tournament.

rd

#42 2 years ago

Dajavu and I will try to make it this time.

#43 2 years ago
    #44 2 years ago

Wild Pitch briefly describes their restaurant business as: "The Premier Sports Bar & Grill Located In Beautiful Frisco, TX."

#45 2 years ago

Their pics show it being like a Twin Peaks or Tight Ends: girls in skimpy uniforms and occasionally straight lingerie or latex lol

#46 2 years ago

Yep. We'll be there as well and hope to meet many of y'all.

Shawn

#47 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jeremy8419:

This is a breastaurant?

My wife and I have considered going to the meet and greet in years past, but the theme of the venue has kept us away.

#48 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jeremy8419:

This is a breastaurant?

Its more of an assturant IMHO but same kinda thing

--Jeff

#49 2 years ago

Wish I could make it, as I really enjoyed it last year. Unfortunately, I won't be getting into Dallas until later Friday. Y'all have a cold one for me. Regarding the venue, yeah, it's a little skanky, not that there's anything wrong with that.

#50 2 years ago
    Quoted from GoodToBeDad:

My wife and I have considered going to the meet and greet in years past, but the theme of the venue has kept us away.

Sorry I put up a poll last year and everyone overwhelmingly picked Wild Pitch again.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 1,099.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 224.99
    $ 999.00
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 218.00
    $ 149.99
    Lighting - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 15.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 279.95
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    € 12.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Multigame
    $ 29.95
    $ 279.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 12.99
    Cabinet - Decals
    Bent Mods
    $ 7,300.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 109.95
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Pinball Pro
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 279.95
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside