pasted_image (resized).png
portion-white-mint-general-3_1 (resized).jpg
giphy f.gif
E909FFD0-F7D9-410C-B8D2-7DC7032248C2 (resized).png
39E25C0C-BA6C-45D3-B163-86B8392E78DB (resized).jpeg
49D20EE5-5E6A-4895-980F-E83E9F7C5B2C (resized).jpeg
Normal-Brain-Mri-ePzT (resized).jpg
fattie (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider methos.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#49 6 years ago

I"ve had some issues of late, but not as bad as of the ones you guys are sharing. My sincere thoughts are with you all.

Been to Mayo twice now and one thing that they turned me on to and has helped immensely is changing my diet to all plant based. The research and science that surrounds it is without question, but the big food/dairy/meat and Pharma try to bury it due to no profit.

Start here.

https://nutritionfacts.org/

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

I went vegetarian after my first open heart surgery but stopped a few months later. I need to try something with my diet again. I gained a bunch of weight after I was put on the anti-seizure drug Lyrica. I put on 50 pounds from that drug, doctor switched me to Topamax and I leveled off.

I made the decision a few years ago, although my diet is about 90% vegan due to my issues and my family's cancer history. No dairy, no flour, and up to 18oz of beef per week, no more and nothing else. The result in my labs and scans have been amazing. My father was diagnosed last year with stage 4 colon. I put him on the same diet, and the results of his first post chemo round has been much better than we anticipated.

Drugs/opiates/pot only relieve the symptom, not the cause. And for those that are curious, Doctors are 7th on the list for causing deaths.

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Ok I had this little gem removed from my brain last month and lived to tell about it, so I gues I’m in the Pinside Medical club

Oh My! My thoughts and prayers to you on your recovery.

#68 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If your father's colon cancer gets worse, talk the doctor into prescribing Antabuse off-label. It's made for drunks to keep them from drinking, but it has the side effect of preventing cancer cells (and only cancer cells) from getting rid of their waste, so they self destruct by exploding. That mechanism was just recently discovered, although there were reports back to the 1970s of alcoholics with cancer mysteriously being cured when taking Antabuse. They just didn't know how or why it worked back then. They're just now doing studies on exactly which cancers it works for in humans, but initial reports are it's most of them. Obviously you can't have any alcohol if you're on it, but for people with serious cancers, that's a small inconvenience for a potential complete cure if you stay on it long enough.

Thanks. For now, the treatment is working very well with one organ cancer free and the other with a 75% reduction. We have him eating spinach, broccoli sprouts, and kale every day, so the amount of sulforaphane his body is creating is very high. I'm sure it is making a difference as well as helping with the side effects.

Sulforaphane is shown to slow down cell degeneration and assist in other treatments including autism.

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/news/media/releases/chemical_derived_from_broccoli_sprouts_shows_promise_in_treating_autism
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4432495/

#70 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I just go word today that my good friend of over 30 years died sometime this morning before he left for work, they think a heart attack. He was only 57 and was in good health according to the check up a year ago.

Sorry to hear that Paul. I lost one of my best friends recently. He was an alcoholic and his organs literally shut down at 47 years old.

#75 6 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

It's funny. I quit drinking a few years ago. Once I developed bad A-fib symptoms I started drinking a little bit because heart rhythm problems cause anxiety. It's definitely not recommended but it's nerve racking constantly worrying about your heart rate with nothing to take your mind off it.

Good for you for quitting it. The damaging effects of alcohol are much more worse than the public believes. Were you able to get your heart back to it's regular rhythm?

#79 6 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Have you tried lorazepam? .5MG seems to help with my anxiety, my wife will take 1 to help her sleep.

Careful with this shit. Look at anybody who has passed from "prescribed overdoses" and you'll see this always in the mix. It's Xanax. This stuff does NOT play nice with others. I would not be taking this daily, I've had to use it in the past to help with my fear of flying and I hated using it.

Remember, medical "mix ups" make up the 3rd (increased from the 7th spot), highest reason for deaths each year. Prescriptions are included in that.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2016/05/03/476636183/death-certificates-undercount-toll-of-medical-errors

#97 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmike:

Agreed!! Weight plays a huge role in staying healthy

Weight and diet. Eating healthy and exercising plays a larger role than you think. Get 30 mins of exercise every day, reduce your meat, eliminate processed meat, eliminate dairy (one of the most cancer causing foods out there), and load up on plant based food.

BTW - every drug has a side effect. If you knew how dangerous Advil was, you might not take it as much as you do. NSAIDS are more dangerous that we have been told.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/fda-strengthens-warning-that-nsaids-increase-heart-attack-and-stroke-risk-201507138138

#125 6 years ago

For light pain and inflammation relief, sweet bing cherries might act as a selective COX-2 inhibitor, reducing inflammation without the damage to the stomach and gut lining caused by NSAID drugs. It also has shown pain relief in double blind studies. COX-2 is an enzyme in our stomach lining that is responsible for pain and inflammation. That is why NSAIDs are dangerous and cause our stomachs to bleed and thousands of deaths each year.

I eat them for muscle tissue repair.

https://nutritionfacts.org/video/anti-inflammatory-life-is-a-bowl-of-cherries/

9 months later
#198 5 years ago

Sorry to hear of your experience.

All drugs are poisons and they all have some side effects one way or the other.

1 week later
#203 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

The habits of life and food do a lot, both to cause health problems, and to cure them.
In my case, it is a mixture of a problem that I discovered only 5 years ago, after many years of rare symptoms that the doctors did not solve.
In short, intolerance to gluten (celiac). In addition diabetes due to having abused for years of sweets and fats, glycemia and high triglycerides. That also ends up affecting the functioning of the kidneys and almost everything you eat starts to feel bad, because the body is filled with toxins that should filter and eliminate the kidneys (ammonia, uric acid, phosphorus).
Everything is resolved with a diet, basically vegetarian, is what works best for me with difference, without any drug. Control of glycemia and triglycerides, avoid all foods high in carbohydrates and high in fat. It is a diet based on vegetables, at first it is somewhat monotonous, but it is a matter of looking and trying, vegetable creams (I really like the asparagus), sautéed vegetables, mushrooms, artichoke, etc ...

I did the same. Am pre-diabetic and had gall bladder removed due to a polyp. I ate poorly for a long while, beef stew from a can, dairy, etc. Been eating well for a few years and with exercise, my body has come fully around. I eat plants, grains, fruit, plenty of nuts, and a range of spices. Turmeric has shown to have a better effect on inflammation in the body than drugs.

I continue to be shocked at how the average person eats, but I was in their place for years.

#206 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

I, of supposed miraculous remedies, have practically tested them all, the turmeric also and many more. I have never noticed any beneficial effect with any, except with vitamin C, this one is really miraculous, although its effects are not permanent or seem random, but some beneficial effect is noticed.
Now I know that the only thing that works is a proper diet, food is the most important, intermittent fasting also helps a lot. Nuts (I like pistachios very much), unfortunately I can not eat, because they are very high in protein and phosphorus, and that does not go well with damaged kidneys, because many toxins accumulate in the body.
The accumulation of phosphorus in blood, produces many itching in the skin, is very annoying. Simply reduce the consumption of protein foods and those discomforts disappear. I can not drink Cola either, even without sugar or caffeine, because they have Phosphoric Acid, again the phosphorus that causes so many problems when the kidneys do not work well.
My gallbladder is loaded with stones, but it does not give any symptoms, and that's why the doctor said there was nothing to do for now. Some diverticula detected in the intestine, but without symptoms, there is nothing to do about it.
My problems have been basically, gluten intolerance, glycemia and high triglycerides, a poor diet for years, or probably for decades. I found out about gluten after trying many things, and by chance. Gluten intolerance also caused me atrophic gastritis, with permanent stomach pains, 24 hours a day, for 13 years, until I stopped eating gluten foods and the pains disappeared in 3 days.
I also developed insulin resistance, derived from a diet high in carbohydrates, which is the precursor of type 2 diabetes.

I would get your gall blader removed like yesterday. They are the most common risk factor for gall blader cancer, and like pancreatic cancer, that is one you do not want to get.

4 out of 5 people who are diagnosed with gall blader cancer have stones. That is why I had mine removed...I asked my surgeon what he would do. He said he would make the appointment, and I did. If you get bladder cancer, your doctor still goes home healthy.

https://www.cancer.org/cancer/gallbladder-cancer/causes-risks-prevention/risk-factors.html

7 months later
#261 4 years ago
Quoted from bssbllr:

Hello all , as some may know already I have been battling stage 4 colon cancer for the past 5 years. In 2014 had pain when I shit so went to er. They gave a ct-scan and said I had spots on my liver which was most likely cancer that had spread from colon. Next got a scope to get clogged up and get a colostomy bag. Not very fun when you are 40 and very active in all areas. I eventually ended up at Roswell in buffalo for the tumor removal in my colon and bag reversal.
The next surgery was the liver 65% removal and it was second because other surgery was in the way. All went well as far as we knew everything was cut out.
Well went back 1 year later to find out the cancer was back on my liver and lung. Not what the family wanted to hear.
So for the last 4 years just continuing to take chemo, cbd, marijuana and plant based diet. Lucky for me the cancer seems to be growing slow last pic of lungs and liver showed stable but my tumor marker numbers still continue to rise.
I have been positive through it all so my family isn’t affected as much by this whirlwind of life we have been delt.
I have been to Boston’s Dana Farber for a clinical trial because I have exhausted all chemo a radiation treatments which means I am out of options. My platelet count would not rise enough for the trial.
I feel like it’s the family I worry about not me. I have three kids 26,21and 19. I have been with my wife since she was 14 and we had our first kid when she was 16. We have defied most of the odds on staying together for over 25 years married. I also had to put all the financial affairs in order Titles ,loans and bills to make it easier for my wife.
CANCER SUCKS and the sad thing is , it is hard to tell your story because most have been delt with some kind of similar situation.

Really sorry to hear that, my prayers and thoughts are with you. My father was diagnosed with stage 4 colon 2 years ago, we switched him to a plant based diet (spinach, kale, fruit, berries, turmeric, etc) and it has helped. His CSA count is way down and his body is taking the Chemo very well. We all know it's going to get him, but he's pushing it back as far as he can. Needless to say, we all got our first GI scan shortly thereafter.

Keep fighting.

2 months later
#297 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Hi Chris,
I am getting a little better everyday, the swelling in my head and face are nearly gone which is a huge relief! I still have no feeling on the top of my head after the radiation treatment, they told me I may lose feeling in my face before my treatment so if I only lose feeling in my scalp I feel very lucky! Mostly what I am dealing with now is constant very intense headaches, I am starting new medication today to try to get them under control. I go back in 10 weeks for an MRI to see if the brain tumor has hopefully gotten smaller, if it has grown more I will have another round of radiation...
Incase anyone is wondering, having a halo screwed into your skull for 14 hours sucks.. bad! (See pic) I wish I could of been asleep for the radiation procedure as it was a bad experience for me and I hope to never have to go thru it again.
The gift in all of this for me is that I take nothing for granted anymore, I am present in every moment with my family and friends. Everything is different for me now, when I watch a sunset or hear my daughter laugh.. it’s hard to explain, it’s beautiful![quoted image]

Keep being positive! It goes a long way.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider methos.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-medical-support-thread?tu=methos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.