pasted_image (resized).png
portion-white-mint-general-3_1 (resized).jpg
giphy f.gif
E909FFD0-F7D9-410C-B8D2-7DC7032248C2 (resized).png
39E25C0C-BA6C-45D3-B163-86B8392E78DB (resized).jpeg
49D20EE5-5E6A-4895-980F-E83E9F7C5B2C (resized).jpeg
Normal-Brain-Mri-ePzT (resized).jpg
fattie (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jhanley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#103 5 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

In terms of side effects, I had almost all of them on Chantix to quit smoking.
That drug, exercise extreme caution. It should be a last resort to quit.

I was gonna take that stuff when I quit. Decided to not because I get weird side affects from drugs.Quit cold turkey. I haven't had a cigarette in 20 years.

#134 5 years ago
Quoted from Radius118:

I tried that stuff.. Turned me into a zombie for like a month and it didn't work..
I still haven't been able to get off nicotine. Even though I was using the patch, the withdrawals seriously impacted my ability to concentrate and think. The last time I tried to quit I couldn't figure out why a caliper wouldn't go back on until I realized I had installed the brake pads backwards! :O And this was on one of my customer's vehicles. Bad stuff there.
Need to, want to, but haven't figured out how to without seriously jeopardizing my ability to make a living.

Quoted from Radius118:

I tried that stuff.. Turned me into a zombie for like a month and it didn't work..
I still haven't been able to get off nicotine. Even though I was using the patch, the withdrawals seriously impacted my ability to concentrate and think. The last time I tried to quit I couldn't figure out why a caliper wouldn't go back on until I realized I had installed the brake pads backwards! :O And this was on one of my customer's vehicles. Bad stuff there.
Need to, want to, but haven't figured out how to without seriously jeopardizing my ability to make a living.

Think of the alternative. You could die a lingering slow death. I saw this happen to my wifes uncle. He had oxygen bottles at his house to breathe and STILL SMOKED. I smoked on and off for 16 years . Before my second son was born I had to decide to quit. I was tired of getting up in the morning and feeling good then going outside to smoke and feeling like shit . I wanted to see my kids grow up. Quit cold turkey as I didn't want the side affects of Chantix. It takes 3 weeks generally to break the habit and I was a real asshole but I did it. I haven't smoked in 20 years. Can't believe I ever did. . Best thing I ever did for myself and my family. You can do it.

1 week later
#145 5 years ago

My wife does. She swears by it.

9 months later
#200 5 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

I had the ablation, successfully! Six hour surgery and I am sore as hell and had some major bleeding in my arm, but I'm doing OK now. Hopefully it helps the heart arrhythmia. Thanks for the well wishes.

Wishing you good luck on your recovery.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jhanley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-medical-support-thread?tu=jhanley and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.