pasted_image (resized).png
portion-white-mint-general-3_1 (resized).jpg
giphy f.gif
E909FFD0-F7D9-410C-B8D2-7DC7032248C2 (resized).png
39E25C0C-BA6C-45D3-B163-86B8392E78DB (resized).jpeg
49D20EE5-5E6A-4895-980F-E83E9F7C5B2C (resized).jpeg
Normal-Brain-Mri-ePzT (resized).jpg
fattie (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinDoctor82.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#213 5 years ago

I find this thread somewhat difficult to read in that I don't take enough time to be thankful that, for the most part, I seem to be healthy. If anyone here ever needs any medical advice, please don't hesitate to PM me and I'll help if I can.

1 week later
#227 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

You have a wound that is oozing a lot of mucus/puss. Do you dress it in gauze that allows the fluid to pass through or that holds it in? I think you want the fluid to pass through, but the Home Health Care nurses disagree.

You need the "pus" to drain through and you also very likely need prescription antibiotics if the wound continues to drain that after initial cleaning. If I was seeing you in the hospital or an office (if I had one), you'd be getting a script from me.

#228 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I am not a doctor but I think it depends on the wound. When I have dealt with deep wounds that leave a cavity they have to be packed twice a day with packing material. Until they close from the inside out, kinda like filling a hole with dirt, it fills from the bottom.
Having lost my mom to sepsis, watch that wound.
I’m at the hospital today with my wife, it is her 6th and final surgery (hopefully) in her breast cancer journey.

Best wishes to your wife!

#236 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Temp now at 101.5 and skin redness around the wound. Hospital wants him to take Tylenol and come up on Thursday. Tylenol isn't doing dick for an infection. You just know where this is going and can you really afford to wait 2 days? I really wonder if the professional answering the questions is looking at the case history?
Home Health nurse told us if it hits 102 to take him to the hospital immediately.

I'm so sorry you are in this position. I survived a life-threatening blood infection and hence that is why I'm doing what I do. I was kind of brushed off when I was deathly ill and almost died after I was sent home from the ER during my first visit. I can't critique the care you receive from others, but I can't understand why the situation is being brushed off.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinDoctor82.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-medical-support-thread?tu=PinDoctor82 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.