pasted_image (resized).png
portion-white-mint-general-3_1 (resized).jpg
giphy f.gif
E909FFD0-F7D9-410C-B8D2-7DC7032248C2 (resized).png
39E25C0C-BA6C-45D3-B163-86B8392E78DB (resized).jpeg
49D20EE5-5E6A-4895-980F-E83E9F7C5B2C (resized).jpeg
Normal-Brain-Mri-ePzT (resized).jpg
fattie (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dr-pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#246 4 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Just an update if anyone else has this issue - Through some research I learned that celery juice and Black Cherry juice were good for the treatment of gout (and general inflammatory issues). I immediately got some of each of those, and the remaining pain I had was gone within 24 hours. Had a follow up with my primary care Dr. and my Dr. Did not want to put me on a daily medication for something that may happen maybe once or twice a year. She suggested 3 supplements since my diet was pretty in line with what is suggested.
Those supplements were : Black Cherry extract, celery seed extract, and Bromelain.
I have been taking those with no other pain issues at this time. Just thought this might help someone else.
Chris

Keep the lower joints warm and yourself Well hydrated if your heart can cope with the extra pumping.

#247 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmike:

My father suffered a major stroke years ago and he is still paralzied from it on his right side,They had him on blood thinners for awhile but they took him off of them.From what i understand your only supposed to be them for a little while.

You shouldn't remove the antikoagulantia, if there arent other high risk problems, such as bleedings.
This is especially true for the patients that doesn't feel When the fibrillation starts.

1 week later
#251 4 years ago
Quoted from bssbllr:

Hello all , as some may know already I have been battling stage 4 colon cancer for the past 5 years. In 2014 had pain when I shit so went to er. They gave a ct-scan and said I had spots on my liver which was most likely cancer that had spread from colon. Next got a scope to get clogged up and get a colostomy bag. Not very fun when you are 40 and very active in all areas. I eventually ended up at Roswell in buffalo for the tumor removal in my colon and bag reversal.
The next surgery was the liver 65% removal and it was second because other surgery was in the way. All went well as far as we knew everything was cut out.
Well went back 1 year later to find out the cancer was back on my liver and lung. Not what the family wanted to hear.
So for the last 4 years just continuing to take chemo, cbd, marijuana and plant based diet. Lucky for me the cancer seems to be growing slow last pic of lungs and liver showed stable but my tumor marker numbers still continue to rise.
I have been positive through it all so my family isn’t affected as much by this whirlwind of life we have been delt.
I have been to Boston’s Dana Farber for a clinical trial because I have exhausted all chemo a radiation treatments which means I am out of options. My platelet count would not rise enough for the trial.
I feel like it’s the family I worry about not me. I have three kids 26,21and 19. I have been with my wife since she was 14 and we had our first kid when she was 16. We have defied most of the odds on staying together for over 25 years married. I also had to put all the financial affairs in order Titles ,loans and bills to make it easier for my wife.
CANCER SUCKS and the sad thing is , it is hard to tell your story because most have been delt with some kind of similar situation.

I dont know what to say.
Cancer is a terrible thing.

2 months later
#288 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

There is chance of brain swelling and seizure after the treatment. My neurosurgeon just came in and told me that the tumor is very close to a “sensory area” in my brain (not really sure what that means) but he says that it makes the procedure more complicated as it could cause some issues like my face could become permanently numb.. pretty freaky! he says they have to keep the margins very tight around the tumor. On a lighter note I may have some permanent hair loss.

I hope you do ok.

I was hospitalized three months last year and over christmas.

Hang in there.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dr-pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-medical-support-thread?tu=Dr-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.