pasted_image (resized).png
portion-white-mint-general-3_1 (resized).jpg
giphy f.gif
E909FFD0-F7D9-410C-B8D2-7DC7032248C2 (resized).png
39E25C0C-BA6C-45D3-B163-86B8392E78DB (resized).jpeg
49D20EE5-5E6A-4895-980F-E83E9F7C5B2C (resized).jpeg
Normal-Brain-Mri-ePzT (resized).jpg
fattie (resized).jpg
There are 305 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.
#151 6 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Cool!

I don't think I'm old enough yet. Kinda surprised they didn't report those negatives in the article.

The study was funded, at least in part, by the manufacturer. So not a huge surprise, but important to get the potential negatives out there.

#152 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The study was funded, at least in part, by the manufacturer. So not a huge surprise, but important to get the potential negatives out there.

Then it all makes sense. Ha! A very small study group as well, for that matter.

#153 5 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

Look into kratom as it greatly helped me get off of a nightly too much vodka habit. Apparently works well / better for people with opiate dependencies.

Kratom is a very effective alternative to opiates, I've been using it for years to help cope with anxiety. I'd recommend using it with caution thou, it can be addictive just like anything else. I made the mistake of getting in the habit of everyday usage. The good news is that it's legal and inexpensive, I'd also say that compared to opiates the withdrawal is not a very severe one....More like having a cold for 4 or 5 days and not being able to sleep much. Still... use good judgment and it can be very effective. Perhaps a good way to curb an opiate addiction. I wish you all the very best of luck, seems like a very good natured group of people here

#154 5 years ago

I had a stroke and three brain surgeries.

Anyways, I use marijuana. It is the only thing that helps.

I hope to improve enough to be a casual recreational user again someday.

This is good though.

The marijuana allows me to not get heavily into the pain killers that do not work anyways.

I would have to take a lot of these.

I think what I'm trying to say is if you have any need for pain killers. Any need.

Maybe try the marijuana instead.

The marijuana alleviates so many pains. I am in a place physically where it becomes a miracle.

I'm not sure how much better I will ever get now.

Remember that the pain killers only hide the pain. Not cure it. We all must pursue our cures, or potential cures.

But being able to tolerate how I feel, is survival now.

Take care my friends.

#155 5 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I had a stroke and three brain surgeries.
Anyways, I use marijuana. It is the only thing that helps.
I hope to improve enough to be a casual recreational user again someday.
This is good though.
The marijuana allows me to not get heavily into the pain killers that do not work anyways.
I would have to take a lot of these.
I think what I'm trying to say is if you have any need for pain killers. Any need.
Maybe try the marijuana instead.
The marijuana alleviates so many pains. I am in a place physically where it becomes a miracle.
I'm not sure how much better I will ever get now.
Remember that the pain killers only hide the pain. Not cure it. We all must pursue our cures, or potential cures.
But being able to tolerate how I feel, is survival now.
Take care my friends.

The sad thing for guys like me is that my Dr will prescribe pain pills but I am subject to random UA’s at work and pain pills are ok if you have a prescription. If I were to have marijuana in my system it’s automatic termination (and they wonder why there is an opioid crisis) I am pretty much sticking to 800 mg ibuprofen and over the counter migraine meds to deal with the headaches and pain I am getting after my brain surgery as I don’t want to get whacked out on the pain pills they give me.

#156 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

The sad thing for guys like me is that my Dr will prescribe pain pills but I am subject to random UA’s at work and pain pills are ok if you have a prescription. If I were to have marijuana in my system it’s automatic termination (and they wonder why there is an opioid crisis) I am pretty much sticking to 800 mg ibuprofen and over the counter migraine meds to deal with the headaches and pain I am getting after my brain surgery as I don’t want to get whacked out on the pain pills they give me.

I hope this changes in the future for you. I don't think marijuana should be regulated any differently than alcohol. Myself.

Age 21 seems appropriate and go forward.

I myself faced a weird predicament before my stroke and three brain surgeries.

My company did not do random tests only hiring tests.

But I was asked to take a drug test for access to an Intel facility.

I took it after 30 days of testing negative and no marijuana.

It came back positive for mj.

Now they had to decide what to do with me. This was a couple years ago.

The decision was I was a great employee and they needed me back on my job asap.

It could have gone another way.

I think it should all be handled like liquer is. In terms of age and governance.

I think we just need to make sure minors don't have access, which is nothing new.

Also even though I have a limited license to drive I never do. Anymore.

So even though I am medicated. It would never affect my driving.

Anyways. I hope you get some relief. Nothing else works for me.

I have unique issues, unfortunately.

#157 5 years ago

Don't know how big or reasonable your company is, but maybe talk to them about your situation and pain management. Stress that you don't want to become a heroin user because your only choice now is opiods. If your doctor will prescribe MMJ and your work uses a little common sense (by also looking at the giant scar on your head), maybe you can affect change in their rules for specific circumstances like yours so others after you will have an easier time, too.

1 month later
#159 5 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

I have a history of pain pill prescriptions, if I lost my hand in a wood shop accident, I doubt I would get anything for the pain but I haven't had a script in over 5 years. Such is the life of the abuser. I wanted to let you guys know I have to go back into the operating room for open heart surgery again. Apparently I have too much scar tissue and want too make people around me proud, so I must endure! This stuff scares the hell out of me though.

#160 5 years ago

Sorry about double post, thought I just edited it.

#161 5 years ago

Well good news! My EEG went well so I finally get to come off of my siezure medication. I have to taper the dose down over the next two weeks but I’m already feeling much better!
I have played more pinball in the last 3 days that I have in the last 3 months.

4241D978-B53C-45D4-BCD7-A63FD962DEE8 (resized).jpeg4241D978-B53C-45D4-BCD7-A63FD962DEE8 (resized).jpeg
#162 5 years ago

Good for you! What meds where you taking, if you don't mind me asking? I've never had a seizure and have been taking anti seizure meds for years now.

#163 5 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

Good for you! What meds where you taking, if you don't mind me asking? I've never had a seizure and have been taking anti seizure meds for years now.

Its called Vimpat and it is a very powerful drug, I am so happy to be getting off of it!

#164 5 years ago

Its called Vimpat and it is a very powerful drug, I am so happy to be getting off of it!

Good for you man. I take Topamax. It's not strong once your body gets used to it, but I gotta get another open heart surgery and I'm bummed. I honestly don't know how much of this stuff a body can take. Actor Bill Paxton went for routine open heart and died and this will be my third time rolling the dice.

#165 5 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

Good for you man. I take Topamax. It's not strong once your body gets used to it, but I gotta get another open heart surgery and I'm bummed. I honestly don't know how much of this stuff a body can take. Actor Bill Paxton went for routine open heart and died and this will be my third time rolling the dice.

Oh man sorry you have to go thru that! I know how scary it is to lay down for a major surgery, when do you have to have the operation?

#166 5 years ago

Two weeks

#167 5 years ago

It's scar tissue from my previous surgeries which is causing the problem. It's not a dire emergency but I can't wait on it either.

#168 5 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

It's scar tissue from my previous surgeries which is causing the problem. It's not a dire emergency but I can't wait on it either.

Hey, we're all pulling for you. Makes my issues really trivial.

#169 5 years ago

MRI tomorrow for abdominal pains I have been having. Lymphnode mapping next week for routine follow up. I really think that the worst part is the paranoia whenever I don feel right.

Chris

#170 5 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

MRI tomorrow for abdominal pains I have been having. Lymphnode mapping next week for routine follow up. I really think that the worst part is the paranoia whenever I don feel right.
Chris

Completely agree about the anxiety and paranoia. Before my first open heart surgery I was literally having nightmares where someone was sawing me in half. The anticipation is the worst of it and coughing, try to cough or sneeze with a sternum that has recently been sawed in half, fun times!

#171 5 years ago

I feel for all you guys!

To give you something positive to think about I think you are all doing better than the guy I saw in the emergency room when I went to visit my mom there a couple nights ago. I walked around the corner to get the nurse and they were all gathered around him and one Dr. was beating on his chest just like on TV. Didn't seem to work.

Keep the faith brothers!

#172 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I feel for all you guys!
To give you something positive to think about I think you are all doing better than the guy I saw in the emergency room when I went to visit my mom there a couple nights ago. I walked around the corner to get the nurse and they were all gathered around him and one Dr. was beating on his chest just like on TV. Didn't seem to work.
Keep the faith brothers!

Code Blue man. It happens every day in hospitals. I don't know how you can ever get numb to that. I personally do not do well with death, even complete strangers, it's just not something I'm naturally equipped to deal with

#173 5 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

Code Blue man. It happens every day in hospitals. I don't know how you can ever get numb to that. I personally do not do well with death, even complete strangers, it's just not something I'm naturally equipped to deal with

Believe me, it took me by surprise!

#174 5 years ago

When I was in hospital last year, the guy in the bed next to me received a terminal diagnosis
he was told he had 6 months to live
it made me realize that while I was doing things hard, many are doing worse

#175 5 years ago

I'll admit seeing my 95 year old mother suffering with a UTI strapped to a hospital bed tonite because she was fighting them was a little unsettling.

3 weeks later
#176 5 years ago

Did your recovery take a detour? I see you're selling the NIB Maiden LE you were waiting to unbox until you felt better...

#177 5 years ago

No my recovery is going well but I’m still not full time back at work. I have 2 games listed here and 1 listed on Facebook, I just need to sell 1 game to raise some cash.. between time off work and medical deductibles I just wanna pay some bills off.

#178 5 years ago

Bills suck! I have 400K in bills from my hospitalization and heart surgery. Over 3 months in the hospital. Just had another surgery.

#179 5 years ago

No my recovery is going well but I’m still not full time back at work. I have 2 games listed here and 1 listed on Facebook, I just need to sell 1 game to raise some cash.. between time off work and medical deductibles I just wanna pay some bills off.

Good to hear. I was a bit concerned when I saw those go up. Thought you had a relapse or something.

1 month later
#180 5 years ago

I have a real question, and I am not trying to be dramatic at all. Does anyone have survivor's guilt?

I have had cancer surgeries 3 times. I never felt like I had issues, and have not had to have chemotherapy for any of the diagnoses. I know people much better than I who are no longer with us because of cancer. It seems unfair. I don't know how to explain it. I try to use my eperiences to help others who are going through similar things, but an still trying to figure out my "purpose".

If I am being melodramatic please tell me. Tell me to suck it up and enjoy the fact that I am still around and make the best of every day. I try to do that, but this is always in the back of my mind. It may just be me, but I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else.

I get mailings for "Cancer Survivor" events and honestly don't feel like I deserve to be at those. So many more people have it so so much worse off and are true survivors.

Thanks for listening
Chris

#181 5 years ago

Man, that’s very real. I have seen that first hand on different circumstances with someone that survived a bad accident all alone. It can get to you for sure. Go talk to someone if you find yourself fixating on it. Spin it into a positive and pay your good fortune forward.

#182 5 years ago

I have a real question, and I am not trying to be dramatic at all. Does anyone have survivor's guilt?
I have had cancer surgeries 3 times. I never felt like I had issues, and have not had to have chemotherapy for any of the diagnoses. I know people much better than I who are no longer with us because of cancer. It seems unfair. I don't know how to explain it. I try to use my eperiences to help others who are going through similar things, but an still trying to figure out my "purpose".
If I am being melodramatic please tell me. Tell me to suck it up and enjoy the fact that I am still around and make the best of every day. I try to do that, but this is always in the back of my mind. It may just be me, but I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else.
I get mailings for "Cancer Survivor" events and honestly don't feel like I deserve to be at those. So many more people have it so so much worse off and are true survivors.
Thanks for listening
Chris

Genetics are a bitch. So many variables in each person's makeup and diet that can help or hurt and cause or protect when it comes to disease. You sound like you've been graced with powerful genetics. You ARE a survivor - THREE TIMES no less. I'd say talking this out in a survivor support group would help. I'd give that a shot.

#183 5 years ago

Thanks for listening
Chris

I am going to respond to this in detail. Having the stroke and three brain surgeries I can relate and share my experiences. I will ASAP.

#184 5 years ago

Thanks for listening
Chris

You should actually count your blessings, especially if you have a wife and children who depend on you & love you.
I suffered from a near fatal accident about 10 yrs ago but luckily survived and have since been able to walk my older daughter down the aisle, have an amazing grandson, and this fall will walk my younger daughter down the aisle.
Life is too short & precious. You are probably still here for a reason.
My .02

#185 5 years ago

I cant encourage enough anyone who is ill, to put some of their own time into medical research.
From Govt Clinical trials, to using overseas search engines and friends overseas, to see how ones condition is
treated around Europe, Israel, Thailand, Japan, South Korea, even China.

For me, I met 100% resistance by doctors here to my 6 years of effort.

At this time, I am not only a "miracle" from my doctors view, but it was nothing more than going on medicine
used in Europe and Asia for 60 years.

So much so, that it is now a "hot" area in medical research, and I am aware of 2 drugs clearing FDA using OTC with patented
"extras".
I went to Proteolytic Enzyme Therapy, which started as Natto....Breakfast fermented Soy beans from Japan....to my current regime.
For 12 years, I couldnt run, swim long distance underwater, or tackle more than a couple flights of stairs at best.
I started light running, more swimming this year for the first time....even good Sex returned!

Total cost of Medications.....under $50 per year.

#186 5 years ago

I had a stroke and three brain surgeries in the last four years. I wanted to share my answers.

I have experienced it.

I have found new wisdom after my surgeries and facing death.

It is not unfair you survived. Perhaps way more unfair it happened at all.

Thanks for listening
Chris

I lived through a 95 percent chance of fatal failure brain surgery. That was just one of the three.

Survivors guilt should not exist. The only true survivors guilt in my opinion should be when you caused have caused your own demise.

I was facing death daily a few years ago. I could not remember much of anything.

My good friend Andrew came to see me in a nursing home. I barely remember this.

We sat at a table. I was close to death. I was trying to eat, but I would throw up every meal. I had a feeding tube.

I was afraid, because I could die any day. My future was very uncertain. It was my brain, among other things.

He said to me.

Your God doesn't want you.

He meant it as encouragement...

So, why did I live?

I will make a difference now, regardless of why.

#187 5 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

You should actually count your blessings, especially if you have a wife and children who depend on you & love you.
I suffered from a near fatal accident about 10 yrs ago but luckily survived and have since been able to walk my older daughter down the aisle, have an amazing grandson, and this fall will walk my younger daughter down the aisle.
Life is too short & precious. You are probably still here for a reason.
My .02

Oh, I count my blessings every day. I am glad you came through your situation as well. My wife of 18 years has been the best supporter anyone could ask for. No kids but I am sure there is a reason I am still here. Would just loce to get a clear idea of what that is. Life doesn't happen on our timing though.

Chris

1 month later
#188 5 years ago

I hope everyone is doing ok. I have the chronic nasea ten out of ten and dizziness, ten out of ten.

As a result of the stroke and three brain surgeries, I am at baseline now. It might get better. At one point I was looking for light at the end of the tunnel, that light will not actually arrive.

I remain positive but I had to face the facts.

The good news is I look good, and can play pinball. Both are subjective.

I just wanted to put a shout out here to the group!

#189 5 years ago

you are being realistic, thats good

#190 5 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I hope everyone is doing ok. I have the chronic nasea ten out of ten and dizziness, ten out of ten.
As a result of the stroke and three brain surgeries, I am at baseline now. It might get better. At one point I was looking for light at the end of the tunnel, that light will not actually arrive.

And pot doesn't help the nausea? Some strains are supposed to be very effective for that.

#191 5 years ago

Please tell me more about this Kratom? I see different varieties, is there one that works better on pain?

#192 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

And pot doesn't help the nausea? Some strains are supposed to be very effective for that.

The pot helps my nasea better than any other medicine. But my nasea is hard wired due to my cerebellum being half dead. So it can barely be contained, so to speak.

I had to learn to live with this day in day out. It still is a challenge right now this second.

Medical marijuana helped me continue to live. I will join the public fight for marijuana in a heartbeat if I need to, but America seems to be with me.

I think the fight is almost over relatively.

But yes every day the marijuana. If it wasn't that I would be taking prescribed opioids that are addicting and really do not help. (Me)

#193 5 years ago

a couple of days after I was admitted to hospital last year, the guy in the bed next to me received a terminal diagnosis.
I heard all the the things he said (it could not happen, he had responsibilities, etc)
I had an idea of where he was coming from, as I had been saying the same things the day before
but at least I knew I was going to survive and go home

I did not know what to say then, I still dont know what to say now
but I do know the importance of sitting with someone and just listening

3 months later
#194 5 years ago

Has anyone had an ablation procedure? I'm scheduled for one on Wednesday to hopefully correct my Afib after Cardioversion and medications didn't work. Just getting nervous going into heart surgery again, i guess.

#195 5 years ago

Good luck. A long time ago I was going in for hurnea surgery. I was pretty scared I remember. My doctor told me " it's not brain surgery." Little did he know years later I would have 3 of those.

But the oblation is very established now, if you are heading in I am sure they took all of the precautions.

Best of luck, please keep us posted.

#196 5 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

Good luck. A long time ago I was going in for hurnea surgery. I was pretty scared I remember. My doctor told me " it's not brain surgery." Little did he know years later I would have 3 of those.
But the oblation is very established now, if you are heading in I am sure they took all of the precautions.
Best of luck, please keep us posted.

Thanks. I hate the IV and going under the most. I don't have any good veins from a blood infection a few years ago, so they are probably gonna have to do a PIC line in my bicep. I take the blood thinner Eliquis, so I'm a major bleeding risk too. I'm thinking too much.

#197 5 years ago

Hope everybody here is doing good. Just wanted to share my experience.

I have high cholesterol. Docs put me on simvastatin which I took for about 4 years, then my primary physician retired and I went without a doctor for over two years. When my simvastatin ran out, I never got any more of it.

Got a minor case of pneumonia while on vacation in Mexico. Went to my wife's doctor who took care of the problem. I liked the guy and made him my primary care doctor, however I didn't need anything and never went back until my employer started a wellness initiative for open enrollment. Basically, you had to get a physical or you would be denied health insurance.

Knowing about the cholesterol issue, I had done lots of reading and research. While I was on simvastatin, I became diabetic and could not remember hardly anything. After quitting the statin, my blood sugar went back to normal, and my memory improved a lot. I was not going to take any more statins.

After the work ordered physical results came back, this doctor told me if I didn't take statins he would fire me from the practice.
I reluctantly took 10mg Lipitor for 4 weeks until I could no longer stand the joint pain. I also monitored my blood sugar daily during this trial period. After one 10mg dose, I developed flu like sinus symptoms and fasting blood sugar jumped 20%. The doctor told me I had to keep taking them. Regarding the blood sugar, he told me he would give me Metformin for that. This guy was nuts.

After stopping Lipitor, it took 4 months for the clicking sound in my knees and elbows to stop, and the pain was horrendous. Basically, it affected my hips, knees, elbows shoulders and ankles. I was fired from the practice for refusing to take statins and no longer have a doctor. That was two years ago. I still have one clicking ankle, shoulder bursitis and bicep tendonitis which are permanent. Also my near vision ability went to shit immediately after I stopped taking Lipitor, so I think its related.

Don't let your doctor put you on statins. That shit is poison.

#198 5 years ago

Sorry to hear of your experience.

All drugs are poisons and they all have some side effects one way or the other.

#199 5 years ago

I had the ablation, successfully! Six hour surgery and I am sore as hell and had some major bleeding in my arm, but I'm doing OK now. Hopefully it helps the heart arrhythmia. Thanks for the well wishes.

#200 5 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

I had the ablation, successfully! Six hour surgery and I am sore as hell and had some major bleeding in my arm, but I'm doing OK now. Hopefully it helps the heart arrhythmia. Thanks for the well wishes.

Wishing you good luck on your recovery.

There are 305 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-medical-support-thread/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.