pasted_image (resized).png
portion-white-mint-general-3_1 (resized).jpg
giphy f.gif
E909FFD0-F7D9-410C-B8D2-7DC7032248C2 (resized).png
39E25C0C-BA6C-45D3-B163-86B8392E78DB (resized).jpeg
49D20EE5-5E6A-4895-980F-E83E9F7C5B2C (resized).jpeg
Normal-Brain-Mri-ePzT (resized).jpg
fattie (resized).jpg
There are 305 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.
#101 6 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

fevers yes, but pain, not so much

Yes and taking too much makes me lightheaded,I wish they would give me something that doesn't have tylenol.

#102 6 years ago

In terms of side effects, I had almost all of them on Chantix to quit smoking.

That drug, exercise extreme caution. It should be a last resort to quit.

#103 6 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I was gonna take that stuff when I quit. Decided to not because I get weird side affects from drugs.Quit cold turkey. I haven't had a cigarette in 20 years.

#104 6 years ago

I tried that chewing gum stuff nic-o-derm and man that was like sticking a ashtray in your mouth...YUCK!!!

#105 6 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

NO ONE should risk taking Chantix. I personally know of two suicides from it. People that were not suicidal before taking it. Money settlement for the "loss." The company knows it's a problem, but the sales money's too good and settlements too small, so net profit.

#106 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

NO ONE should risk taking Chantix. I personally know of two suicides from it. People that were not suicidal before taking it. Money settlement for the "loss." The company knows it's a problem, but the sales money's too good and settlements too small, so net profit.

Sorry to hear that,What the heck is that stuff made from?I've heard some very bad things about that crap..

#107 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I would agree, chantix is a last resort. And also now should be highly monitored while using If at all.

I experienced all of the negative side effects including depression and bad dreams.

Chantix rewired my desire to smoke upon taking.

It was something unusual.

But the side effects, I started not caring about pinball. I knew something was wrong.

The bad dreams?

I like bad dreams. Bad dreams are inspiration for my writing.

But the bad dreams on chantix were different. I love books.

Now in my dreams I am in the library. I reach for a book.

The book falls away and maggots and worms have eaten everything.

Again the next night.

I would like to understand the way it rewired my smoking urge. It did that.

Too dangerous.

I stopped taking the drug, but have not smoked again. I do smoke pot.

#108 6 years ago

The Swedes make a heat cured tobacco product called snus. It's kind of like dip tobacco in pouches and is salty instead of sweet. It also doesn't require any spitting. It helped me quit smoking. If you research it, it's made in a way where the vast majority of carcinogens are removed, unlike American chewing tobacco, which is fermented. Sweden also has the lowest rate of cancer in Europe and many people use this product. I'm not saying it's completely safe just safer than American tobacco.

#109 6 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I would agree, chantix is a last resort. And also now should be highly monitored while using If at all.
I experienced all of the negative side effects including depression and bad dreams.
Chantix rewired my desire to smoke upon taking.
It was something unusual.
But the side effects, I started not caring about pinball. I knew something was wrong.
The bad dreams?
I like bad dreams. Bad dreams are inspiration for my writing.
But the bad dreams on chantix were different. I love books.
Now in my dreams I am in the library. I reach for a book.
The book falls away and maggots and worms have eaten everything.
Again the next night.
I would like to understand the way it rewired my smoking urge. It did that.
Too dangerous.
I stopped taking the drug, but have not smoked again. I do smoke pot.

That's very scary!!!

#110 6 years ago

So theoretically chantix destroyed my dreams or atleast altered them.

It make me wonder how they tie the urge to smoke and neutralize it so heavily. Even with the side effects, what if it could be used to eliminate criminal behavior?

I wouldn't even be discussing this if I had not witnessed how it crushed my urge to smoke. What about just like heroin withdrawals. Or other drug addictions perhaps.

The bad dreams though. Also interesting. What if they made a pill to make you have nightmares? (Technically, they have)

Brave new world...

#111 6 years ago

Wow, never knew Chantix was so risky. You’d be better off smoking Camels for 30 years

https://www.healthnewsreview.org/2017/01/chantix-black-box-warning/

#112 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmike:

They gave that Lyrica stuff one time and boy did it have some side effects..I woke up with swollen lips!!! in the garbage can it went...

I’m on Levetira (Keppra) for siezure control right now, the stuff makes me tired and dull. I am going to see my neurologist to see about switching seizure meds, I will make sure to avoid Lyrica! I am 6’1” and 200 pounds and have no intrest in gaining 70 pounds and feeling like shit for the next 3 months that I have to be on this stuff.

#113 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I’m on Levetira (Keppra) for siezure control right now, the stuff makes me tired and dull. I am going to see my neurologist to see about switching seizure meds, I will make sure to avoid Lyrica! I am 6’1” and 200 pounds and have no intrest in gaining 70 pounds and feeling like shit for the next 3 months that I have to be on this stuff.

Don't touch Lyrica. You are better off with Neurontin, I think it's called gabapentin scientifically or Topamax/Topiramate which is what I am on now and seems to work quite well without any glaring side effects.

#114 6 years ago

Have you tried Klonopin? It helps with anxiety and seizures..

#115 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmike:

Have you tried Klonopin? It helps with anxiety and seizures..

I will ask my neurologist about it, I am really hoping to never have another siezure in this lifetime... scary/unpleasant stuff to put it mildly!

#116 6 years ago

I will ask my neurologist about it, I am really hoping to never have another siezure in this lifetime... scary/unpleasant stuff to put it mildly!

Yes do that,I take it and it really calms you down

#117 6 years ago

If you use it, be careful the first few weeks when you try it - tell your family to keep an eye on you for changes because it has a risk of psychological side effects (depression, mood changes, hallucinations, etc).

#118 6 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

I need to try that kratom stuff. Is there a best online place to buy it?

Quoted from woody76:

Does Kratom work for back pain? I have a blown out disc that has bothered me for years. I have been taking Curamed since Allentown last year and it has helped a lot. I have also developed plantar fasciitis in both feet and it sucks. Just wondering how Kratom could help and it what dosage.

What exactly is this stuff??

#119 6 years ago

Apparently it is an herbal pain reliever. A non narcotic but works like one. It's interesting. Give it some research, I'm gonna check it out this week. Anything I can do to get off Suboxone will be greatly appreciated.

#120 6 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

Apparently it is an herbal pain reliever. A non narcotic but works like one. It's interesting. Give it some research, I'm gonna check it out this week. Anything I can do to get off Suboxone will be greatly appreciated.

Is that even possible??

#121 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmike:

Is that even possible??

I hope so. Don't be a Debbie Downer, I need something to work out in my favor for once.

#122 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you use it, be careful the first few weeks when you try it - tell your family to keep an eye on you for changes because it has a risk of psychological side effects (depression, mood changes, hallucinations, etc).

Yeah that's right,They might start you on the lowest dose..0.5MG to see how well it works.I was on 2mg 4 times a day at that time i really didn't know much about it but that was way too much.I cut back and now i take 2...1MG a day.It was for severe panic attacks that i was having

#123 6 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

I hope so. Don't be a Debbie Downer, I need something to work out in my favor for once.

Same here,That's why im really interested about hearing more about..I hope someone chimes in and tells us more about it.

#124 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmike:

Same here,That's why im really interested about hearing more about..I hope someone chimes in and tells us more about it.

Reading the Wikipedia page, I wouldn't mess with it. I suspect just a matter of time before it is prohibited in the US.

#125 6 years ago

For light pain and inflammation relief, sweet bing cherries might act as a selective COX-2 inhibitor, reducing inflammation without the damage to the stomach and gut lining caused by NSAID drugs. It also has shown pain relief in double blind studies. COX-2 is an enzyme in our stomach lining that is responsible for pain and inflammation. That is why NSAIDs are dangerous and cause our stomachs to bleed and thousands of deaths each year.

I eat them for muscle tissue repair.

https://nutritionfacts.org/video/anti-inflammatory-life-is-a-bowl-of-cherries/

#126 6 years ago

Kratom is the real deal

#127 6 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Reading the Wikipedia page, I wouldn't mess with it. I suspect just a matter of time before it is prohibited in the US.

Quoted from Puffdanny:

Kratom is the real deal

I just read about it and this is the part that scares me.
Kratom contains almost as many alkaloids as opium and hallucinogenic .

#128 6 years ago

I wish it was hallucinagin then I wouldn't have to try and hunt down some LSD

#129 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmike:

I just read about it and this is the part that scares me.
Kratom contains almost as many alkaloids as opium and hallucinogenic .

I wouldn't worry. You would be using it to substitute an opiate in your system anyway. The Kratom will activate certain opiate receptors in the brain, reducing pain and the need to take opiate based pain medication. I've been doing research and it seems much safer than the alternative.

#130 6 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

I wish it was hallucinagin then I wouldn't have to try and hunt down some LSD

Hehehe!!!

#131 6 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I tried that stuff.. Turned me into a zombie for like a month and it didn't work..

I still haven't been able to get off nicotine. Even though I was using the patch, the withdrawals seriously impacted my ability to concentrate and think. The last time I tried to quit I couldn't figure out why a caliper wouldn't go back on until I realized I had installed the brake pads backwards! :O And this was on one of my customer's vehicles. Bad stuff there.

Need to, want to, but haven't figured out how to without seriously jeopardizing my ability to make a living.

#132 6 years ago
Quoted from Radius118:

I tried that stuff.. Turned me into a zombie for like a month and it didn't work..
I still haven't been able to get off nicotine. Even though I was using the patch, the withdrawals seriously impacted my ability to concentrate and think. The last time I tried to quit I couldn't figure out why a caliper wouldn't go back on until I realized I had installed the brake pads backwards! :O And this was on one of my customer's vehicles. Bad stuff there.
Need to, want to, but haven't figured out how to without seriously jeopardizing my ability to make a living.

Accupuncture? Hypnosis?

#133 6 years ago
Quoted from Radius118:

I spent a night in a shared room at the hospital with a guy who had really bad COPD. They say it's like breathing through a straw. Well, it sure as hell sounded like it. And that guy still couldn't quit.

#134 6 years ago
Quoted from Radius118:

Quoted from Radius118:

Think of the alternative. You could die a lingering slow death. I saw this happen to my wifes uncle. He had oxygen bottles at his house to breathe and STILL SMOKED. I smoked on and off for 16 years . Before my second son was born I had to decide to quit. I was tired of getting up in the morning and feeling good then going outside to smoke and feeling like shit . I wanted to see my kids grow up. Quit cold turkey as I didn't want the side affects of Chantix. It takes 3 weeks generally to break the habit and I was a real asshole but I did it. I haven't smoked in 20 years. Can't believe I ever did. . Best thing I ever did for myself and my family. You can do it.

#135 6 years ago
Quoted from jhanley:

Think of the alternative. You could die a lingering slow death. I saw this happen to my wifes uncle. He had oxygen bottles at his house to breathe and STILL SMOKED. I smoked on and off for 16 years . Before my second son was born I had to decide to quit. I was tired of getting up in the morning and feeling good then going outside to smoke and feeling like shit . I wanted to see my kids grow up. Quit cold turkey as I didn't want the side affects of Chantix. It takes 3 weeks generally to break the habit and I was a real asshole. I haven't smoked in 20 years. Can't believe I ever did. . Best thing I ever did for myself and my family. You can do it.

My Mom died a slow death with COPD/Emphysema due to smoking. She was on oxygen 100% of the time and on high doses of steroids to open her lungs up. She smoked on and off even on oxygen. It complicated things because she had severe asthma attacks. She couldn't lay down in a bed because of her breathing issues so she sat in a chair to sleep. She took Lasik's (spelling) for fluid build up in her legs because her body couldn't get rid of it. If she bumped her leg it would ooz fluid everywhere. Basically house bound the last several years of her life taking in less and less air. Not fun to watch your parent die struggling like this.

Do what you have to do but stop smoking. It will F*%^! you up in more ways than one.

giphy f.gifgiphy f.gif

#136 6 years ago
Quoted from Radius118:

Try this stuff. No spitting required. It's helped me big time.

portion-white-mint-general-3_1 (resized).jpgportion-white-mint-general-3_1 (resized).jpg

#137 6 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

Try this stuff. No spitting required. It's helped me big time.

You were able to quit smoking by using this to transition? Everyone I know that tried that ended up addicted to the chew.

#138 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You were able to quit smoking by using this to transition? Everyone I know that tried that ended up addicted to the chew.

Yes. I'm not gonna lie, it took me a long time. I was on the Snus instead of smoking a pack a day and felt better physically almost immediately. I got down to 1 or 2 of those pouches per day eventually then quit. I bought some nicotine gum and only used it a few times over the next several days, then I was good. You can do it and this stuff can really help. The good thing about this Swedish Snus is that it has only a fraction of the carcinogens of American tobacco

#139 6 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

Hi, I'm Jeff. I have had a stroke, multiple mini strokes, open heart surgery, serious spinal problems, and sepsis.I wanted to start a thread for Pinsiders who are sick or have family members who are, as a means of support. Please post any medical problems or comments you would like to make. This community is awesome and we should comfort those with cancer or about to have surgery/ other ailments. I'm aiming for a supportive group here to help your fellow pinheads in their time of need.

Hi Jeff,How's it going buddy..

1 week later
#140 6 years ago

We'll back into the hospital again. To get some neurologist tests. Then back for 4 more IV's

Had a bit of an episode brewing over the last few days. Saw my family dr and he set up the hospital visits. Numbness came back a bit from my elbow to my fingertips. Accompanied by neck pain. And a constant headache. Then today...Vertigo. Not extreme, but dizzy everytime I turned my head or moved my eyes quickly.

So no pinball for me for a few days.
Glad it happened now and I'm on the IV though. Because I really want to get out to Allentown. And I should be semi normal in a week or so. So perfect timing.

The dizziness is better over the last couple hours. And I'm wired on steroids in the meds. So I can't sleep, that's why I'm on pinside at 4:00 am.

#141 6 years ago

Get better, only 2 weeks till Allentown...

#142 6 years ago

Saw this thread today, and wanted to reshare my experience for the Op, and others.

I have had cardiovascular disease for the last 17 years. 3 Surgeries, specialists, Best surgeons, consults with heads of Mt Sinai cardio, to National
Organizations. I have clogging arteries, and there is NO answer, or reversal to be found.
Yes, Vegan, diet and light exercise, but that wont significantly reverse.
I was in debilitating agony of Angina, munching opiates, with the only answer Risky surgery.

I spent 2 years researching anything and everything in Genetic treatment. I applied to trials in Turkey, South Korea, and Japan,
to learn there was no way I was getting into any overseas trials....not in their interest...$$.

But Enzyme therapy popped up frequently in my reading, and initial searches dismissed this.
They were wrong.

I went on a medication, proteolytic enzyme Therapy. I read and Read and read.
This stuff is Prescription therapy in Europe and Asia for but over the counter here.

Serrapeptase, an enzyme from a Japanese Silkworm and Nattokinase, an Enzyme from a Fungus found in Dirt.
Both are like Drano to the arteries. They clean Mucus and Pathogens out.

After 5 days, my Angina pain permanently dropped 80%, my Blood flow has increased over 32%, today.
My Cardio Docs, call me a Miracle.

They cant prescribe this, because its not in their "Pharm book", and having a whole family of Doctors, many the next generation,
they are not even taught about this.

Its been found essentially harmless, and if one reads, you will find it called "The miracle enzyme"
Search any illness, and add "Serrapeptase" to the search.

Now, in preaching about this, I have found it works around 30%-40% of the people.
The Key is its Enteric and must be taken 3 hours after eating, and not to eat for another 3 hours.

In the 2 years Im taking, Ive watched the US internet results grow more positive, although their is still some backtalk trash...."We dont know"
(Read 60 years of data from Europe, is what I shout)

In fact, in the last year, half a dozen medical therapies are coming from enzyme production, some found in dirt, that we use to eat before we sterilized our
Legumes.

In short, its a miracle cure for me, and friends with Arthritis, MS, Breathing issues, Cardio, scarring, and on.

Its under $20 from Amazon or Walmart, and nothing to lose.

I take 3 days a week at night, and am overall. 75% better.
My GP as a DO, has been recommending it with mixed, but very satisfying results.

To the Op, bring it up to your doc. Other than him saying you are already on enough blood thiners, it could be the $20 miracle for the Op, or anyone else.

I firmly believe I would not be here today, without this bottle....so do my docs.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#143 6 years ago

Ill have to look into Kratom I take tramadol for pain from r.a. There are days I get migraines from it that are worse than the ra pain. Of course if I don’t take any then I’m crawling to the tub in the morning. The darn methotrexate is no fun either, it was developed as a result of mustard gas in ww1. Makes we wanna puke every time. Sometimes I think the opiates are safer than the frontline drugs they give ya. Cannabis is still illegal here, so no options there.

#145 5 years ago

My wife does. She swears by it.

#146 5 years ago

Reports of continuous heart palpitations and elevated creatine levels in some people who took it. Dose with care if you take it.

#147 5 years ago

This is going to sound wierd, but...
Is anyone here with a cannibis perscription going to Allentown?
I contacted the nearest dispensary but they won't take Canadian cards. And I can't bring my perscription across the border.
I am only staying over Friday night and leaving sat afternoon. So I only need like 1-2 gm to tide me over Friday afternoon and night. To help ease the MS pain and later help me sleep.

Any help would be appreciated. If not no worries. Maybe I can figure something out.
Just don't want to risk bringing any across the border. Possibly getting turned away would suck. And it's my first time really getting out since getting diognosed.

So looking forward to going. Every other year I just bought parts. This year it's pin buying time.
Excited!

#148 5 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Possibly getting turned away would suck.

you wont be turned away they will take you to jail

#149 5 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Is anyone here with a cannibis perscription going to Allentown?
I contacted the nearest dispensary but they won't take Canadian cards. And I can't bring my perscription across the border.

NAFTA Fail.

#150 5 years ago
Quoted from jhanley:

My wife does. She swears by it.

Cool!

Quoted from PinMonk:

Reports of continuous heart palpitations and elevated creatine levels in some people who took it. Dose with care if you take it.

I don't think I'm old enough yet. Kinda surprised they didn't report those negatives in the article.

There are 305 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-medical-support-thread/page/3?hl=erak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.