Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Docdar
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2015-12-26_15_33_11-Pinside_Marketplace_-_Pinball_ads___Pinside_Market_(resized).jpg
    #1 8 years ago

Anyone else notice this with the newer format ?You see a few Pinside ads, then tons of "Spotted on Ebay " ads start appearing in droves.
    Maybe the Ebay stuff can be slowed down somewhat so Pinsiders ads are more prominent without having to buy a Feature ad.
    What are your thoughts?

#2 8 years ago

I agree. The eBay ads are definitely annoying. Either get rid of them or add an option to make them vanish.

#3 8 years ago

Yes I have noticed this as well. I am assuming these are ads for eBay by which pinside receives some click credits when we go look?

I am fine with that as long as pinside is getting some income to support the site as a result. If not then I agree they should be slowed down or have a filter to eliminate all together if the user chooses to do so.

#4 8 years ago

I think you can remove these under advanced search options in marketplace

#5 8 years ago

They're listed last on some pages, so I don't see them as an issue. If they were listed *first*, then I might find them a little intrusive.

Also keep in mind that the search feature has an option where you can check or uncheck ebay results.

2015-12-26_15_33_11-Pinside_Marketplace_-_Pinball_ads___Pinside_Market_(resized).jpg2015-12-26_15_33_11-Pinside_Marketplace_-_Pinball_ads___Pinside_Market_(resized).jpg

#6 8 years ago

Unclick E-bay under source on the front page of the marketplace and that garbage will disappear.

Edit-
    Superman beat me to it.

#7 8 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

They're listed last on some pages, so I don't see them as an issue. If they were listed *first*, then I might find them a little intrusive.
    Also keep in mind that the search feature has an option where you can check or uncheck ebay results.
    2015-12-26_15_33_11-Pinside_Marketplace_-_Pinball_ads___Pinside_Market_(resized).jpg

Cool thanks. Didn't know that.

#8 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

Cool thanks. Didn't know that.

I didn't either.And it works ! Yea!

#9 8 years ago

Thanks for info

#10 8 years ago

I have them checked to be off and have my defaults saved like that. Haven't seen them in months, totally forgot that the feature even exists.

#12 8 years ago

Oh thank God. Odin I owe you one for that. Now we need pinside prices to become more realistic not like ebay.

#13 8 years ago

Question though? Does pinside receive funding through the eBay ads when they are clicked on? Does anybody know? I would like to know because I will leave them active if it benefits pinside only.

#14 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinchamp:

Question though? Does pinside receive funding through the eBay ads when they are clicked on? Does anybody know? I would like to know because I will leave them active if it benefits pinside only.

As far as I know, pinside gets a little bit back of you click on an ad and buy it.

#15 8 years ago

I hope Pinside is getting some money from Ebay because it's really not right for a Pinsider to pay a fee (voluntary) to Pinside when they sell a Pin from a posted ad if Ebayers are getting exposure on Pinside for free.

#16 8 years ago

Is there less for sale also on Pinside since they started charging fees?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-marketplace-starting-to-look-more-like-ebay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.