(Topic ID: 330925)

Pinside Marketplace New Look- 18% OFF!!!

By Vino

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Vino
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“When a 20k Funhouse is 18% off is that a good deal? ”

• That is just crazy talk! 2 votes
      20%
    • Pending sold.. or still available? 0 votes
    • Marketplace is getting a tad confusing 8 votes
      80%

(10 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DC678564-F5E9-4249-8F3F-6E25F4212ED8 (resized).jpeg
    F1F9E936-1C78-4AA0-A4B1-2674A9964196 (resized).jpeg

#1 1 year ago

What do you think about the new look to ad pricing in Pinside marketplace listings?
    The line across a previous price and “% off” fools me into thinking a game is already sold.
    Slightly confusing and not clear as to the benefits.
    Thoughts?

F1F9E936-1C78-4AA0-A4B1-2674A9964196 (resized).jpegF1F9E936-1C78-4AA0-A4B1-2674A9964196 (resized).jpegDC678564-F5E9-4249-8F3F-6E25F4212ED8 (resized).jpegDC678564-F5E9-4249-8F3F-6E25F4212ED8 (resized).jpeg
    #2 1 year ago

I thought the same thing. Maybe if they did a different color on the price.

#3 1 year ago
    Quoted from freeplay3:

I thought the same thing. Maybe if they did a different color on the price.

Not a bad idea.

#4 1 year ago

I also thought the strikethrough meant sale pending or sold.

#5 1 year ago

So, it doesn't mean sold/quit looking?

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from jackd104:

I also thought the strikethrough meant sale pending or sold.

I thought so as well.
    It appears to be a new feature that helps me as a buyer.

#7 1 year ago
    Quoted from gandamack:

So, it doesn't mean sold/quit looking?

Not anymore!

#8 1 year ago

The striked out price in your screenshot is due to the ad being marked as “sold pending”. This has been part of the design since we introduced pending sales a few years ago.

The green % off bar is new and indicates a seller has lowered their price by more than 3% in the past 48 hours.

Hope this helps you find the bargains

#9 1 year ago
    Quoted from robin:

The striked out price in your screenshot is due to the ad being marked as “sold pending”. This has been part of the design since we introduced pending sales a few years ago.
    The green % off bar is new and indicates a seller has lowered their price by more than 3% in the past 48 hours.
    Hope this helps you find the bargains

Thanks Robin, but unfortunately with the strike through an active listing price as well it makes scanning marketplace a bit more confusing is all.

#10 1 year ago

Ah, I see what you mean and agree. I have removed the striked out price prefixing the current price. That was indeed a bit too much.

#11 1 year ago
    Quoted from robin:

Ah, I see what you mean and agree. I have removed the striked out price prefixing the current price. That was indeed a bit too much.

So much better!
    Thank you for the help !

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-marketplace-new-look-now-20-off- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.