1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by RabanzZ28
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

Over the years I have found Pinside to be my go to site for all things pinball. The tech help here is absolutely great. Buying and selling is always a good experience as well. The ads are seen by thousands of owners. There is no better place to sell a pin.

It is very self evident that most people do not pay the very reasonable seller fee on Pinside. When I look into the archives and see machine after machine removed after 1 day with the reasons “didn’t sell to a pinsider” or “decided to keep the game” I have to laugh.

Very few people decide after one day to keep a game and even fewer sell it somewhere else, especially after one day.

To me, a better format would be to charge a fee $10-$30? for any pin you want to list. If you decide not to sell you still pay the fee. Save buyers the time from having their time wasted. Eliminate the final sale fee. Fair to everyone. I have always paid my final sale fee. We would all benefit if everyone paid to sell their games here.

#2 1 year ago

I like it.

I see the same names listing everything way over MSRP and have never successfully sold in their ratings. They are taking advantage of a very liberal policy. I refuse to pay over MSRP anyway but after I see peoples profiles, I eliminate doing business with them anyway.

#3 1 year ago

I agree. I just think the fee could be lower for everyone if everyone was honest about the sale.

#4 1 year ago

It's easy to be dishonest when it's an honor system. I've seen the same things with some members also. Over 50 ads but non of them sold, right!

I don't think this holds true of course for a lot of sales. For example, the two machines I've sold since entering the hobby were both sold using fb marketplace. They were also listed here as well. (The buyers never hear of pinside).

Out of the 5 games I bought, only one was bought off pinside. In my area I see a lot of games posted to fb marketplace or craigslist that aren't ever posted to pinside. It's probably a regional thing depending on where you live, but in my area there is most likely far less people who use/view pinside versus other sites (just based on the ads I see and the amount of views my for sale ads got on each site).

If pinside started charging to even list machines I think you will have far less ads posted. Maybe a better solution would to be only allow people to sell on pinside that have donated (red heart)?

#5 1 year ago

I dunno. I take games off the market all the time after 5 days or so if i dont get much traction. Wait a few weeks and put it back on. So wouldnt be able to do that anymore.

I can say i personally pay the fee on every sale. Its a small price to pay to get your ad in the perfect place in front of the perfect audience.

#6 1 year ago

I just sold a game and paid the $40 fee. I do feel like I should have received Pinside+ for a month or something however. Like "congrats and take this free trial of Pinside+ and if you like it enough maybe you will keep subscribing".

#7 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbrave77:

Its a small price to pay to get your ad in the perfect place in front of the perfect audience.

Agreed

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-marketplace-fees and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.