(Topic ID: 232901)

Pinside Marketplace: Can we add Dealer/Distributor v.s Private seller?

By pinmister

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Methos
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmister.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Hey all I tried to find a topic about this but looks like it does not exist.

Are you tired of seeing dealers/distributors spam the marketplace? I know I am. I would like to see an option added under search options. Is it possible to add Dealer/Distributor vs. Private seller in search criteria? Craigslist does it and it helps lessen the spam from dealers. I have no interest in viewing ads from dealers/distributors and would appreciate it if we had an option to click on for allowing only private party ads. Any suggestions?

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

The dealers whos ads you don't want to see, pay a premium for advertising on this site

I have no problem with Dealers/Distributors paying a fee to advertise. They can have a banner or whatever at top of page. What upsets me is when I see a dealer post 30 machines at once. This is simply spamming the marketplace. We as Pinsiders should have the option to turn off or on. Let them advertise on banners but not spam the marketplace listing area-imo.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Can you place them on ignore and fix the issue?

I do not believe in the ignore feature, and do not use it. I want to hear everyone's opinions-even if I agree to disagree. Certain distributors actually have valuable information when posting on forum topics. I do not see this as a viable option. I really would like to see an additional search criteria added. It would allow Dealers/Distributors to continue to try and sell to noobies and it would allow me to ignore them. Win Win

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Fair. But at the same time they paid good money for you to see their ads

I believe they pay money for ads that appear on top page or side margins, has nothing to do with marketplace ads?

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

I can just skip thru the ads, its not that hard. The amount of time spent on this thread, is more then the time it would take to pass over the ads you don't wish to read.

Yes it is not that hard-just flippin annoying!

We have an option for Ebay vs. Pinside ads, so why not Dealers/Disributors vs. Private Party. Not rocket science here

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from xfassa:

Coz said it best, just scroll on by.

I am not the type of person to just let things go, it annoys me and so I am going to say something. I am sure I am not the only one who is annoyed by it. Would love to hear any reasons of why we should not add an additional search option. Like I said Craigslist uses it, and it does help filter the junk you don't want to see.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmister.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-marketplace-can-we-add-dealer-distributor-vs-private-seller?tu=pinmister and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.