Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by nasco62
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

Today I have added a cool new view for the Pinside Market Place: Pinball Market - Map View!

Give it a try and lemme know what you think or if you see any bugs!

There's always room for improvement, so I'm open for suggestions regarding this new feature.

Check it out here:
    http://pinside.com/pinball/market/map

#3 12 years ago

very nice!

#4 12 years ago

Great idea. That's slick!

#5 12 years ago

Robin you rock! Now get us the "who is coming" to events working, 'whip crack' ... thanks for your hard work, it is truly appreciated. I spend more time here than work!

#6 12 years ago

Very nice to get a geogrphic view of where they are located. Excellent

#7 12 years ago

This is fantastic. A great tool.

Unfortunately, it makes me depressed to see that there's nothing for sale around me. :p

But, hopefully this will encourage more owners to use the marketplace tool!

#8 12 years ago

Here's a question, what happens when seller location undefined? Does it not show up on map, or does it drop you in the ocean?

#9 12 years ago

Thanks all!

Ads without a location were dropping in the ocean under Africa.
    This was fixed two hours ago.

The map view now only shows ad with a location. Ads with no location are still viewable under the market find page: http://pinside.com/pinball/market

#10 12 years ago

I think the ads without location should somehow be incorporated into the map view in order to drawn in more use of it.

Maybe the best thing would be to require all ads to at least have a general geograpic location in order to be placed? I am not sure why someone would not want at minimum the city posted?

#11 12 years ago

That kicks ass! Just wish there was more for sale around here.

#12 12 years ago

oh yeah very nice robin

#13 12 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I am not sure why someone would not want at minimum the city posted?

I agree,If your selling something listing the location plays a huge factor...Doesn't make sense to me.
    If I see an AD with no location I don't even bother looking at it.

AD's with no location should be all the way at the bottom of the marketplace and should be in the middle of the Atlantic ocean on the map.

#14 12 years ago

Very useful feature. Thanks Robin!

#15 12 years ago

Wow Robin! AWESOME!

I agree with Whysnow on the NO Location Ads. I'd say force the use of a STATE/COUNTRY at least so they show up on this map AND potential buyers know where it is before they waste time contacting them.

-j

#16 12 years ago

That is a cool feature. Thanks, Robin.

#17 12 years ago
    Quoted from jonogo:

I agree with Whysnow on the NO Location Ads. I'd say force the use of a STATE/COUNTRY at least so they show up on this map AND potential buyers know where it is before they waste time contacting them.

Yep sounds like a good idea to make at least the country (and in case the USA country and state) mandatory.

#18 12 years ago

Duh. I just found that city and country are already mandatory since the big 2.5 update.

#19 12 years ago

It could easily just be an oversite on the sellers part.

Or could be a scammer as well. Either way, mandatory makes it better for all!

Thanks!

-j

#21 12 years ago

Love it! ...amazing to me that there's not one pin for sale in the entire state of Texas.

#22 12 years ago

Great job Robin!

#23 12 years ago

I was was just thinking the other day wish you could sort by location, but this is even better.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-market-place-map-view and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.