Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Rick471
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

Perhaps limiting the number of wanted or for sale one person can have outstanding at one time may be better. Looks like there are some retailers now listing machines at retail prices and some potential customers that have over a dozen machines listed. Limiting the number of entries would reduce that.

Anyway, since the other thread was closed I thought I'd put that here. I agree with the other poster who says the market should also have a map. That would be very convienant.

#2 11 years ago

I say just take the wanted ads out completely.

If someone wants a game, they can look at what is for sale.

Or they can list wanted pins in their profile and can be notified when one is posted as for sale.

#3 11 years ago
    Quoted from btrip:

I say just take the wanted ads out completely.

If someone wants a game, they can look at what is for sale.

Or they can list wanted pins in their profile and can be notified when one is posted as for sale.

Not a bad idea. Of course, it is easy enough to search the sellers only. But I agree fully with your point . . . perhaps if someone posts a pin for sale they are auto linked to the people within a certain radius that have that pin in their wish list.

#4 11 years ago

I respectfully disagree. Leave the wanted ads in. I know I am more willing to contact someone looking for a game than I am to post a fs ad. I may not have had a big interest in selling it, but after seeing a wanted ad, I may think about it and go, ok I can part with it. I'm guessing I'm not the only out there like that either. Just ignore the ads you're not interested in.

#5 11 years ago

Another idea that someone suggested was to add a "quick button" to mark an item in your collection as being for trade or for sale without the hassle of creating an add and having to think about a price and such. That might be an idea?

Quoted from TigerLaw:

I agree with the other poster who says the market should also have a map. That would be very convienant.

Have you checked this: http://pinside.com/pinball/market/map

#6 11 years ago

Current system seems fairly good.
    Of course, someone beat me to the pin I wanted to buy
    But that's my fault.

#7 11 years ago

I think my suggestion would be to automatically eliminate ads, both FS & WTB, every 30 days.

I think that if it isn't sold in 30 days it probably won't be at that price, or it's been sold already.

Robert

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I think my suggestion would be to automatically eliminate ads, both FS & WTB, every 30 days.
    I think that if it isn't sold in 30 days it probably won't be at that price, or it's been sold already.
    Robert

+1

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Robert

Agreed. And the seller gets a message it has been deleted and they can decide to lower the price, or just repost etc etc,

#10 11 years ago

Good feature!

The current system seems to work well (at least when I have used it). I also think the 30 day limit and quick button ideas would enhance the marketplace. I wouldn't get rid of the WTB ads though because its just another way to find a potential buyer.

#11 11 years ago

I just went to the map for my first time. The first two "For Sale" hands I clicked were WTT ads.

#13 11 years ago

I found a bug with the map it feature. If there are multiple listings with the same city, then it will only show 1 at a time and this seems to change based on relative level of zooming (i.e. go the Madison WI and if zoomed out a bit then you will see the WTB by someone for a slugfest. but zoom in one level and then you will see the RCT I just added FS).

#14 11 years ago

Shouldn't there be a "Machines For Trade" item type for the drop-down box? That way people searching for "Machines For Sale" won't be disappointed when all they find are ones for trade. Just a suggestion as I see more and more listings for trade instead of for sale.

#15 11 years ago

Look at the southwest, now you see why there is a premium on pins down here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-market-place and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.