7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by TigerLaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

It would be really nice if the Pinside Market search could include an option to search for games on Craigslist.

I have no idea if this is possible.

With Pinside, Ebay and Craigslist options, you'd be pretty close to having a comprehensive source to search for games for sale.

#2 7 years ago

Duly noted....

#3 7 years ago

Craigslist does not like like stuff like that, trust me

#4 7 years ago

That's an interesting suggesting. I wonder how hard that would be to Code for.

#5 7 years ago

The code isn't bad. Craigslist considers themselves to own the content on their website though. A nationwide search would get shutdown probably in less than 15 mins by blocking the IP scraping their site. You might be able to get away with running a nationwide search once a day but it still violates their TOS. They have successfully sued over this and they've really upped their detection of this stuff in the last year or so.

#6 7 years ago

I wonder how those aggregator apps do it. There are lots of secondary sites that don't appear to be made directly by the CL people.

Obviously, eBay is OK with people linking to their auctions, and I'm sure it routes more people to their customers. I wonder why CL would feel differently.

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from herbertbsharp:

The code isn't bad. Craigslist considers themselves to own the content on their website though. A nationwide search would get shutdown probably in less than 15 mins by blocking the IP scraping their site. You might be able to get away with running a nationwide search once a day but it still violates their TOS. They have successfully sued over this and they've really upped their detection of this stuff in the last year or so.

Ah, I had no idea. I have zero experience with Craiglist. Sounds reasonable for them to feel that way though.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-market-feature-request and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.