Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by TheLaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

I know it only the beginning of February, but I want to know that I will try to start up the Pinside March Madness again this year. Will MM go for a repeat or will another pin take it all?

More info coming soon.

#2 11 years ago

I'm currently thinking that MM, AFM, TZ, and MB are going to be the number 1 seeds in the bracket.
    What's a good bracket tourney site that allows competitors to advance?

#3 11 years ago

I would work with the pinball podcast guys.. they had this locked in last year.

#4 11 years ago
    Quoted from Spudgunman:

I would work with the pinball podcast guys.. they had this locked in last year.

Not a bad idea....

#5 11 years ago

i have so much fun with this pin march madness, but there is never a cinderella story like a DE star wars or something.

#6 11 years ago

Just contacted the Pinball Podcast guys about doing it for this year.

#7 11 years ago

kwiKi- I like the new avatar- its cutting edge!

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

kwiKi- I like the new Avatar- its cutting edge!

Thought it would be more accurate.

#9 11 years ago

SW will do better this year imho due to the surprise code update that became available recently.

#10 11 years ago

Picking 64 out of the top 100 and then some that aren't, it's not going to be easy.

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from mojozone:

i have so much fun with this pin march madness, but there is never a cinderella story like a DE Star Wars or something.

I predict this year's Cinderella story will be MSF. At the very least it will find a way into the Sweet 16.

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

I predict this year's Cinderella story will be MSF. At the very least it will find a way into the Sweet 16.

i hope something fresh finds its way

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from mojozone:

Like the Avengers or X-men?

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from mojozone:

I'm a little biased as MSF is the game that got me hooked on pinball in the first place (for some reason I still don't own one...). That said, I think it is a pretty excellent game that is overlooked merely because it says Sega on it. If it had Williams stamped on it, it would be a Top 25 pin for sure.

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

Like the Avengers or X-men?

sure, I think though..acdc is a top seed, when talking about new sterns

#16 11 years ago

I am so in this year. I think it will be different what with all the new people in the hobby over the last year.

#17 11 years ago

The way people circle jerk to acdc I can't imagine it not winning.

#18 11 years ago

While looking at some pins to put into the tourney, I can think of some pretty good sleeper pins:

DE SW
    MSF
    Goldeneye
    TFTC
    FT
    JM

I don't know if any of the above mentioned will all get in, but who knows.

#19 11 years ago

Pinball Podcast might be DOA. Nothing out of those guys since December.

Gameroom Junikies have gone dark, too.

#20 11 years ago

JM def got some love in the last year. FT I feel was always well liked.

#21 11 years ago

I'm starting a "vote for the worst" campaign. Heads will explode when GI knocks off TZ!

#22 11 years ago

I know Gladiators is an underdog longshot, but I smell sweet 16!

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from jitneystand1:

I'm starting a "vote for the worst" campaign. Heads will explode when GI knocks off TZ!

Quoted from o-din:

Voting for the worst is a GREAT idea; love it!

You want a serious underdog? Raven. I feel this years is gunna get "William Hunged."

#24 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

You want a serious underdog? Raven. I feel this years is gunna get "William Hunged."

ha! now that is fresh

#25 11 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Pinball Podcast might be DOA. Nothing out of those guys since December.

Gameroom Junikies have gone dark, too.

Pinball podcast just posted on facebook yesterday that they were recording the new episode last night. Don't know about GRJ, but they have skipped months before.

#26 11 years ago

Pinball Podcast is alive and well.. And I think this is a cool idea. Definitely should get it set up

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

jitneystand1 said:

o-din said:

TheLaw said:
    Voting for the worst is a GREAT idea; love it!

Uhhhhhhhhhh......................................

#28 11 years ago

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh.................what?

#29 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh.................what?

uhhhhhhhhhhh.....................I put gladiators out there before I knew we were talking about the losers bracket...................uhhhhhhhhh..................

#30 11 years ago

Naw naw...Gladiators and Raven are gunna sneak in the good side. What's the Sweet 16 without the weirdos?

#31 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Naw naw...Gladiators and Raven are gunna sneak in the good side. What's the Sweet 16 without the weirdos?

phewwww............................

#32 11 years ago

Don and I will be getting it going for the Pinball Podcast. kiwi, if you want to participate in some way, hit me up and we'll figure it out.

This year should be way more interesting, because I can see X-Men, Avengers, AC/DC, and Tron have a much bigger impact than we might think they will. I'm about to post a poll about seeding, actually. I'm glad I caught this thread.

#33 11 years ago

You always could put the Pinside Top 100 list to the ultimate test and use it for seeding... but that seems silly.

#35 11 years ago

Stern get update on xmen, should make top 16 then,,,,

#36 11 years ago
    Quoted from justonemore:

Stern get update on xmen, should make top 16 then,,,,

They'll get right on that.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-march-madness-2013 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.