Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 years ago by jrrdw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 14 years ago

I noticed the majority of people do not have this enabled in their profile. That means you can't receive private messages from staff, moderators, or members.

It's totally your choice but like myself I didn't even know it was there when I first joined up. Any member is welcome to send me a private message here especially if I screw something up on the trivia like forgetting to credit your points (I never do that though ;p).
    But like once before awhile back if you don't have it enabled I might not be able to reply to your message.

#2 14 years ago

OK, when I want to send a Pinside message, I go to that members profile by clicking on their member name, then when I get to that page there is sapossed to be a contact tab, click on that, then a from will come up, fill it in and click send, correct?

Well, when I go that route there is only 1 contact button/link and that leads to a from to send a message to administration, not the member I wish to contact.

Merlin from the Pinside mail tab in "My Pinside" page told me to do it that way, he's got it wrong.

#3 14 years ago

I find the same frustration. Perhaps robin can look into this and find what is going on. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Robin please help .. Pinside mail should be working or easier to use. Maybe it's not members don't have it enabled but a glitch in the forum software. I'm SURE he will look into it. I've tried everything to send jrrdw a message but can't.

#4 14 years ago

I have noticed the pinside mail to be a little confusing as well. I think you have to modify your settings in your 'my pinside' and change 'what others see', in order to send someone a message. You should be able to click on someones avatar and then it goes into their profile and you can send them a message, but you CAN'T!? so yes, I think there is definately a problem with that.

#5 14 years ago

My pinside mail works,works good
    I've talked with a few members so far
    I have noticed 80-90% of the members are in 'Stealth mode'
    -those who wish to remain anonymous for some odd reason.

#6 14 years ago

Could you post some tips Autumnfade .. I can't even send you a pinmail message after clicking on your profile or avatar. There is no tab or anything to click on to send a message. If I go into pinside mail itself there is also nothing to click on to send a message to someone. All I can do is read the ones I've been sent and reply to them or view my sent messages.

I have found a workaround and it's using this URL directly:

http://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/"place members name here"

#7 14 years ago

My mail is enabled and still no luck. But I used your work around link and sent you a message Brokedad.

#8 14 years ago

I just sent you a message Jrrdw, let me know if it works, it said that it was sent successfully.

#9 14 years ago

Well thats odd,
    do you see a yellow bar across the top of my profile page?
    I see it every time I log on,
    most of the time all I see on others home page is just a list of comments they made
    descending vertically on the left side like yours.
    I know Jbscar's page comes up fine with the yellow bar running across

#10 14 years ago

Wow, thanks for bringing this up guys. I will definately look in to making this a bit easier

#11 14 years ago

I have added a direct link to the users Pinside profile page and to their Pinsidemail. Just click on a user's avatar here in the forum and you'll see it. Is that helpful? Do you guys have any other ideas to enhance this?

#12 14 years ago

I have added a direct link to the users Pinside profile page and to their Pinsidemail. Just click on a user's avatar here in the forum and you'll see it. Is that helpful? Do you guys have any other ideas to enhance this?

#13 14 years ago

Thanks so much for that modification Robin. It makes sending a pinmail message a lot easier than going through the community page (which Autumnfade messaged me about).

Pinmail is nice and especially useful like when I need to trade personal info with a member for something such as sending a ROM or part.

#14 14 years ago

Perfect Robin, that saves a lot of time not having to go through the community section.

#15 14 years ago

"Do you guys have any other ideas to enhance this?"

Smileys, there's no smileys in this forum. I really like the 1 where the 1 smiley walks over to the other 1 and kicks him in the nuts. It was on Airbrush Tricks but they took it out and replaced it with a "beer me". There should be 1 playing pinball and other games.

Smiley Central has them but you have to download the tool bar and it really slows down your browser, IE that is.

#16 14 years ago

That sound like a great idea!
    In fact, I'm adding it right away
    If anyone knows some cool smileys to add (pinball smileys?), do let me know

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-mail and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.