10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by PEN
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Would you like a Pinside Live feed message board?”

• YES 8 votes
      36%
    • NO 14 votes
      64%

(22 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 10 years ago

This seems like it could be cool. What says you?..... Robin?

#2 10 years ago

Are you referring to a chat box? That's been suggested in the past a couple of times but is not something I am particularly excited about - Chat rooms are hard to monitor and I don't want to be held responsible if illegal things take place on a Pinside hosted chat room. Hope that makes sense.

#3 10 years ago

That makes sense robin. I did not think you would be responsible for others behavior though. The reason I think it would be good, is that we often end up chatting back and forth anyway. This would eliminate the need to refresh, and the need to stay on topic. But, no big deal... I just think it would be cool.

#4 10 years ago

No way. The Chat box in the forums I know are often hijacked by nasty people. I prefer when someone leaves a trace...

#5 10 years ago

Why don't the "chatters" just PM each other or swap phone numbers or something? A chat area would be good if it reduced the number of back-and-forth pointless posts bumping real topics off the page or forcing folks to read 5 pages of banter to see what's really happening in the industry.

While we're at it, why not eliminate karma points? Some people seem to post continuously with nothing to say....how's that worth "karma"?

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from DrJoe:

A chat area would be good if it reduced the number of back-and-forth pointless posts bumping real topics off the page or forcing folks to read 5 pages of banter to see what's really happening in the industry.

Thats the idea.

Quoted from jlm33:

No way. The Chat box in the forums I know are often hijacked by nasty people. I prefer when someone leaves a trace...

In addition to what we already have. If you did not like it, you simply do not use it.

No matter anyway.... Robin has spoken.

#7 10 years ago

A chat room? Oh dear god, no.

Let's just leave that in the 90s.

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from Fatsquatch:

A chat room? Oh dear god, no.
    Let's just leave that in the 90s.

.....As I type in a message thread. ?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-live-feed-message-board and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.