Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 46 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by PinWiz17
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

AFMFIN_001.jpg
    Lit_led_chains.jpg
    rgp-lanyards-pagg.jpg
    Tags_001.jpg
    LANYARD_PIC.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

Pinside should have a lanyard so Pinsiders will recognize their fellows at shows and such. RGP has it's own bright yellow lanyard with bright red RGP lettering. Why not Pinside!?

#2 11 years ago

I always wear a Pinside t-shirt to shows ...

http://www.printfection.com/pinside

#3 11 years ago

Looks relatively cheap to do. Just need some commitments.

http://www.lanyardstore.com/

#4 11 years ago

Wish I had one for Allentown this weekend. I'm sure I'm going to meet lots of pinside people and not realize it

#5 11 years ago

Yeah but doesn't that ruin the fun?
    playing who's who or I spy with an ID system is a cheat

#6 11 years ago

If there were a show within 400 miles of me I might consider buying something like that.

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from Cliffy:

Why not Pinside!?

Rob Anthony hasn't moved over yet.

#8 11 years ago

I would buy one or two

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from badbilly27:

Rob Anthony hasn't moved over yet.

Yet he seems to know what goes on over here . He just helped me with the blue display for Whirlwind...AND guess what he mentioned? my frikkin lotr dropped out of a pickup...

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from rommy:

my frikkin lotr dropped out of a pickup...

Man, I tried to forget about that. My stomach hurts every time I think of your story.

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from rommy:

badbilly27 said:Rob Anthony hasn't moved over yet.
    Yet he seems to know what goes on over here . He just helped me with the blue display for Whirlwind...AND guess what he mentioned? my frikkin lotr dropped out of a pickup...

Everyone knows that story. I think my wife saw it on Pinterest.

#12 11 years ago

I took a break at Pinfest and went over to that farmers market to find something to eat and what do I see? Some tall thin guy with a lanyard round his neck and an I.D. card, think it read -
    " team em Don "

#13 11 years ago

I'd be on board for $5...

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from HELLODEADCITY:

Some tall thin guy with a lanyard round his neck and an I.D. card, think it read -
    " team em Don "

Ah yes. One of my Team EM brethren. We all have tee shirts too to spot fellow members at shows

#15 11 years ago

Make them cheap I will buy a few. I work in a cleanroom I can wear one daily with my badge =-) And get some for others.

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from Cliffy:

HELLODEADCITY said:Some tall thin guy with a lanyard round his neck and an I.D. card, think it read -
    " team em Don "
    Ah yes. One of my Team EM brethren. We all have tee shirts too to spot fellow members at shows

Yup. That was Mr. Don Owen, out of our Team-EM east coast office. Nice guy. Good tech. You should have introduced yourself. That's part of the fun...meeting other pinheads.
    --
    Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
    http://www.Team-EM.com
    http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball.htm
    http://www.PinWiki.com - The new place for pinball repair info

#17 11 years ago

I could laser engrave and cut out the tags with the slot on my laser. If given permission I could use the Pinside logo for them and even add a beveled edge around the outside of the tag. I would just need the to know color of yanlard, color of tag. Here are 2 pics, the yanlard sample and what the tag could look like, I use this material for electrical panel box tags. It is very durable and scatch resistent. I have a vendor for yanlards and the plastic. I would be able to do these for $4.75 + shipping. If interested let me know your ideas.

Joe

LANYARD_PIC.jpgLANYARD_PIC.jpg Tags_001.jpgTags_001.jpg

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisHibler:

Cliffy said:HELLODEADCITY said:Some tall thin guy with a lanyard round his neck and an I.D. card, think it read -
    " team em Don "
    Yup. That was Mr. Don Owen, out of our Team-EM east coast office. Nice guy. Good tech. You should have introduced yourself. That's part of the fun...meeting other pinheads.
    --
    Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
    http://www.Team-EM.com
    http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball.htm
    http://www.PinWiki.com - The new place for pinball repair info

Hibs is on here also!! Clippy you didn't tell me that the Hibler elf was here too!!!

Sad thing is...I have somehow mis-placed my RGP lanyard...I must've left it on one of my pins at a show or somethin' cause I have looked all over here for it, and cain't find it!! I guess I need to get ahold of Swanson (Is he on here also?) and get another one from him.

Phoebe

#19 11 years ago

Seems that most of the CARGPB are here Phoebe.

Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

Hibs is on here also!! Clippy you didn't tell me that the Hibler elf was here too!!!
    Sad thing is...I have somehow mis-placed my RGP lanyard...I must've left it on one of my pins at a show or somethin' cause I have looked all over here for it, and cain't find it!! I guess I need to get ahold of Swanson (Is he on here also?) and get another one from him.
    Phoebe

#20 11 years ago

I'll take 2 if they can be manufactured for $10 or less shipped.

#21 11 years ago

for < $10, I'm in.

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from Cliffy:

RGP has it's own bright yellow lanyard with bright red RGP lettering. Why not Pinside!?

Cliffy usually has a Protector hanging around his neck at shows...that's how I usually spot him; and the crowd of autograph seekers that surround him is a giveaway too.

Robert

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Cliffy usually has a Protector hanging around his neck at shows...that's how I usually spot him; and the crowd of autograph seekers that surround him is a giveaway too.

Don't forget the paparazzi!

#24 11 years ago

I would buy a couple at that price. I would think tthe best bet is to send an idea to Robin and let him OK and run with it. I am thinking Blue. That is the color I think of when I think pinside. Blue lanyard and similar tag.

#25 11 years ago
    Quoted from tonymiddendorf:

for < $10, I'm in.

I want the LE version for $299...LMAO

#26 11 years ago

I'd definitely be in for one of the lanyards. I'd also love to see a Piniside mug available. I drink coffee every morning.

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from rommy:

tonymiddendorf said:for < $10, I'm in.
    I want the LE version for $299...LMAO

$399 gets you a numbered certificate of authenticity signed by Robin, your choice of color, and a matching mini-lanyard.

#28 11 years ago

I could laser engrave and cut out the tags with the slot on my laser.

That's cool and most excellent but what we need is an easy to read and PRINT Pinside lettering or logo for the lanyard itself. Here's a pic of three country bumpkins wearing rgp lanyards at the Pin-A-Go-Go 2009 show. And I do mean bumpkins

rgp-lanyards-pagg.jpgrgp-lanyards-pagg.jpg

#29 11 years ago

I can also get customized lanyards with Pinside on them, it just raises the price a little but I can inquire with my vendor what that would be. I'll post when I find out. What will the color combination of the Lanyard and name be, this would help me out a bit.

#30 11 years ago
    Quoted from Laseriffic:

What will the color combination of the Lanyard and name be, this would help me out a bit.

I would think it should either be white on blue or blue on white.

#31 11 years ago

I hate lanyards but I also hate wearing anything like a chain, braclet, etc.... Might just go ahead a get the pinside tat if were gonna copy RGP

#32 11 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Laseriffic said:What will the color combination of the Lanyard and name be, this would help me out a bit.
    I would think it should either be white on blue or blue on white.

I vote for white on blue base. A white base would get too dirty.

#33 11 years ago

Joe, how about a dog tag to hang from this lanyard that's lit up by those LEDs of yours. Now that would be cool! For the $299 LE version of course.

#34 11 years ago

How about something like these.. ?? You asked Goonie. These are led lit and run off a battery.

Lit_led_chains.jpgLit_led_chains.jpg

#35 11 years ago

Oh yeah, you know how I ride!

#36 11 years ago

only if I get the chains.. I'll take Blakesell in the Busta font!

I think I'd rather just get a personalized shirt.. then I can wear it anywhere on the off chance that someone randomly sees me on the street at a pizza place or something and says hi.

#37 11 years ago

LOL.. It was just a thought. My friend makes these and they sell like hotcakes in the New England Patriots parking lot.

#38 11 years ago

That's cool and most excellent but what we need is an easy to read and PRINT Pinside lettering or logo for the lanyard itself. Here's a pic of three country bumpkins wearing rgp lanyards at the Pin-A-Go-Go 2009 show. And I do mean bumpkins

Attachments rgp-lanyards-pagg.jpg (77.3 KB, 0 downloads) 1 day old

Here is the Cheap Ba$t@rd conversion.

AFMFIN_001.jpgAFMFIN_001.jpg

#39 11 years ago
    Quoted from tracelifter:

Attachments rgp-lanyards-pagg.jpg (77.3 KB, 0 downloads) 1 day old

Here is the Cheap Ba$t@rd conversion.

Attachments AFMFIN_001.jpg (132.8 KB, 0 downloads) 2 hours old

Now that is funny.

#40 11 years ago

The little TM next to Pinside wound indicate you have to ask Robin for permission for any t-shirt, lanyard, etc.

#41 11 years ago

The TPF lanyards this year were dark blue with white lettering. Just sayin'.... Very readable.

#42 11 years ago

I'd be in on the Pinside lanyard militia if it comes to be,with Robins blessing and reasonably priced-
    ( 5 to 8 bucks,maybe )

#43 11 years ago

Ehhh....... I'd rather wear a cap

#44 11 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I'd definitely be in for one of the lanyards. I'd also love to see a Piniside mug available. I drink coffee every morning.

I'd buy 6 mugs!!!

#45 11 years ago

Some of those battery powered thingies remind me of Flava Flave's clock around his neck

#46 11 years ago

I would like this with your Pinside name and picture next to it would be cool

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-lanyards-ala-rgp-lanyards and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.