Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 339 posts
  • 95 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by o-din
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mccoy2.jpg
    alien_predator016.gif
    cavender_s.jpg
    chocolate-covered-bacon.jpg
    2982735249_e8da3a16e5_o.jpg
    th-2.jpeg
    559229_3294213327603_1838136708_n.jpg
    th-11.jpeg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    th-9.jpeg
    Malt_machine.jpg
    Vanillla_Malt_Shake.JPG
    redson.jpg
    th.jpeg
    th_5-Star.jpg
    There are 339 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.
    #251 10 years ago

I should also mention I am very excited to see what you come up with.

#252 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I would trade all my karma points for a cheeseburger.

with bacon?

#253 10 years ago

Please

#254 10 years ago

Sorry I had to do that.

#255 10 years ago
    Quoted from fiberdude120:

Sorry I had to do that.

Don't be, I like a bacon, avocado, swiss/cheddar burger with red onions, lettuce, vine ripe tomatoes, and sauteed mushrooms and chiles. Ketchup,mustard, and A-1. No 1000 island please.
    Onion bun if you've got one.

#256 10 years ago

We need someone to make an LE table that includes one of these:

http://mdbiznews.choosemaryland.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/push-button-receive-bacon.png

#257 10 years ago

How about fries???

#258 10 years ago

Oh yeah! Some rings too, please.

#259 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Oh yeah! Some rings too, please.

Half and half combo!!!

#260 10 years ago

Half and half combo!!!

Frings!!! And don't forget the "Topper"!

Vanillla_Malt_Shake.JPGVanillla_Malt_Shake.JPG

#261 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Frings!!! And don't forget the "Topper"!

I was gonna say Mexican Coke or Pepsi Throwback, but a milkshake will do just fine.

#262 10 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

but a milkshake will do just fine.

Not just a milkshake. A malt! Vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup. Mmmmm.....

#263 10 years ago

Make mine a 57 Chevy with a thick chocolate peanut butter malted.

http://www.menuism.com/restaurants/cedar-glen-malt-shop-lake-arrowhead-574940

#264 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Not just a milkshake. A malt! Vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup. Mmmmm.....

That sounds good right now.

#265 10 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

That sounds good right now.

Yes it does! When I had a paper route, the first thing I would do on payday was go to Baskin Robbins and get one of those.

#266 10 years ago

Malt maker from The Happy Face Malt shop made in the '50's Henry gave this to me when he sold the shop 20 years ago.
    I had to make a set of brushes for the motor this thing makes some bad ass fraps.

Malt_machine.jpgMalt_machine.jpg

#267 10 years ago

Now we're talkin' karma!

#268 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Yes it does! When I had a paper route, the first thing I would do on payday was go to Baskin Robbins and get one of those.

I had a huge route when I was 12, I would build it to 300 customers then sell half the route and do it again.
    OC Register Buena Park Anaheim area.

#269 10 years ago
    Quoted from tracelifter:

I had a huge route when I was 12,

First job I ever got fired from. I was always on time, and delivered all my papers, but there was this girl at the delivery point, she was a couple years older, and the paper lady got pissed when I sat there folding papers and would look up at this hotties daisy dukes.

#270 10 years ago

Too bad that there weren't any paper boys back in the late 90's or early 00's.

#271 10 years ago

But, I know I wasn't alone!

th-9.jpegth-9.jpeg

#272 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

But, I know I wasn't alone!

Yeah, I've been looking to play one on route, but it seems like they're aren't any left.

#273 10 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

Yeah, I've been looking to play one on route, but it seems like they're aren't any left.

You need to go to CAX if you want to play this game.

#274 10 years ago

All this food talk has not only made me hungry but it has also diverged off topic pretty badly. Robin is looking for solid input here and not bumps (since the thread is stikied anyway) . . . please stay on topic.

Make Robin's life easier, stay on topic when he stickies a thread to the forum home page.

#275 10 years ago

Sorry.

#276 10 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

All this food talk has not only made me hungry but it has also diverged off topic pretty badly. Robin is looking for solid input here and not bumps (since the thread is stikied anyway) . . . please stay on topic.
    Make Robin's life easier, stay on topic when he stickies a thread to the forum home page.

Will do.
    Back on topic it doesn't matter to me if karma stays or goes I don't think people post just to raise it or will change their posting habits if it goes away.

#277 10 years ago
    Quoted from tracelifter:

or will change their posting habits if it goes away.

Or eating habits.

#278 10 years ago
    Quoted from tracelifter:

Will do.
    Back on topic it doesn't matter to me if karma stays or goes I don't think people post just to raise it or will change their posting habits if it goes away.

I agree that people won't change their posting habits whether there is karma or a mere post counter (as most web forums have).

I like the karma system. I generally feel a lot better doing business (ie. buying or selling something) to someone who has a high karma rating and I know on pinside . . . the pinball community is small so if someone has high karma and made a lot of posts I think they are less likely to misbehaive in buying or selling something. It adds credibility (a little anyway).

I think bans or ban votes should have a karma penalty of some kind (maybe 1,000 karma point penalty or something).

#279 10 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I agree that people won't change their posting habits whether there is karma or a mere post counter (as most web forums have).
    I like the karma system. I generally feel a lot better doing business (ie. buying or selling something) to someone who has a high karma rating and I know on pinside . . . the pinball community is small so if someone has high karma and made a lot of posts I think they are less likely to misbehaive in buying or selling something. It adds credibility (a little anyway).
    I think bans or ban votes should have a karma penalty of some kind (maybe 1,000 karma point penalty or something).

I agree and personally I wouldn't change it if it ain't broke don't fix it.
    People who constantly post negative attack posts or troll or spam the group should booted the rest really doesn't matter.

#280 10 years ago

I liked when we were talking about how great my wrench idea is!

Oh...and bacon. Bacon too.

#281 10 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Being banned is a 20% loss of karma points. Didnt you read the moderator handbook?

I do really like the wrench icon idea. I also like bacon.

#282 10 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

I also like bacon.

I think we need to ban anyone who doesn't like bacon

#283 10 years ago

So now we need icons for thumbs up, thumbs down, tilt, wrench, and bacon. Wrench means you are helpful with information, and bacon is the ultimate award because everything is better with bacon. Kinda like "I love your post so much, I would totally give you bacon." image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#284 10 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

I think we need to ban anyone who doesn't like bacon

Send them to Redemption Island ASAP!!!!

#285 10 years ago

Bacon sandwich.

th-11.jpegth-11.jpeg

#286 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Bacon sandwich.

That looks good after working for 19 hours straight so far today/yesterday. Just the pick me up I need!

On topic => I really hope Robin doesn't do away with Karma. Yeah, it is a mostly meaningless number but to me it is one of the unique things about the site that makes Pinside "Pinside".

#287 10 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

On topic => I really hope Robin doesn't do away with Karma. Yeah, it is a mostly meaningless number but to me it is one of the unique things about the site that makes Pinside "Pinside".

Agree it is unique to Pinside, still think a thumbs up to post/karma percentage would be a good first cab off the rank and I reckon the first person to post a pic of a topless chic eating and Bacon sarnie (dripping with HP sauce) while playing a WoZ is going to crash the thumbs up limit and sit at a 1000% ratio for a year.

#288 10 years ago

Can only be shipped to Californians best bacon on the planet.
    http://www.smokedmeats.com/

559229_3294213327603_1838136708_n.jpg559229_3294213327603_1838136708_n.jpg

#289 10 years ago

Great feedback, I'm absorbing it all and working hard on a new system. Thanks to all for your ideas!

#290 10 years ago

These bacon posts have nothing to do with pinball, therefore you must be karma padding.

#291 10 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

therefore you must be karma padding.

Did somebody say caramel pudding? No, oh darn.
    I guess bacon would be ok instead.

#292 10 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Did somebody say caramel pudding? No, oh darn.
    I guess bacon would be ok instead.

Bacon pudding ?

Okay.

LTG : )

#293 10 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

These bacon posts have nothing to do with pinball, therefore you must be karma padding.

Disagree.

Bacon is *never* off topic!

#294 10 years ago

And why is it that Canadians always have to be different?

th-2.jpegth-2.jpeg

#295 10 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Disagree.

I am completely, and 100% with you. Just making a point that not all off-topic discussions or comments are bad things.

Quoted from o-din:

Canadian bacon is what you feed to your enemies. "Hey, I made you bacon.... CANADIAN bacon.. MUHUHUHAHAHAHAHAAH".

#296 10 years ago

I'd ditch the points thing completely. I think it adds nothing to the site or forum. If you feel the need to have some sort of number just have a post count by people's name. If you want to give people the ability to like/dislike a post just have thumbs up and down but not have them score anything or mean anything other than people decided to click to show they liked/disliked it.

When I come to message boards it is for something to read and to interact with like minded folks (though judging by how many people here are into LED's on their games I wonder how many like minded folks are here! ), I don't come here looking to outscore someone on virtual points on an internet message board.

#297 10 years ago

We have a Meat and Greet Baconfest up here every year and the Scotsman that puts it on wears a bacon kilt.
    If you get drunk and want to dance with a lampshade on your head that is covered... with bacon of course.

2982735249_e8da3a16e5_o.jpg2982735249_e8da3a16e5_o.jpg

#298 10 years ago

My favorite is chocolate covered.

chocolate-covered-bacon.jpgchocolate-covered-bacon.jpg

#299 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

In a great kind of way !

LTG : )

#300 10 years ago

Can we shut down this thread yet? I'm gaining weight just READING it!!

There are 339 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-karma-points-refresh/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.