Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 125 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by MrWizzo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8e7c97f93fdf.gif
    rain.jpg
    facepalm2.gif
    SheldonSarcasm.jpg
    Image401.jpg
    There are 125 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 11 years ago

oh......brother! lets all smoke some dope and hold hands and sing some camp fire cheer. I'll start

When are we gonna get a crew pin huh?

#52 11 years ago

Its all the the threads. Not anyone in particular. Turning into mini RGP.

Anyway going to see Xmen LE today! I will get video. HD not crap.

#53 11 years ago
    Quoted from Av8:

WOOT! THANK YOU

#54 11 years ago
    Quoted from Av8:

Whuuuuttt? Ferrealz? Seriously awesome deal man, video or you went to play Shrek

#55 11 years ago
    Quoted from Av8:

Its all the the threads. Not anyone in particular. Turning into mini RGP.

It really started to change when ACDC came out and everyone started blowing it and hating anyone that didn't like it. I blame ACDC owners the most

#56 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinCrush:

I see a far more disturbing trend where people try to squash all opinions that differ from their own.
    I love pinball and I have opinions. This site (or any other) would be terribly boring if we all agreed on everything.

I agree with you

#57 11 years ago

I'm not positive it's negative.

#58 11 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

We need the ablity to change our font and then we could use a specific font to denote sarcasm...

You can always use [/sarcasm] at the end of your post.

#59 11 years ago

Seems like a normal "FORUM"

Quoted from TheLaw:

and gluing toys on them

I usually just sniff the glue

#60 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I blame ACDC owners the most

I am still not an owner. But look at that, BAM, update on their FB page. I am so in for a premium once everything works. I have no illusions about getting to the wizard mode, but color changing lamps are way cool. I will have to play Dirty Deeds on a stereo though for full effect . Looks like I will have to sell a pin or two...the horror. Space is the demon. I wonder if something spurred them on to make that announcement? or just coincidence with the threads here?

#61 11 years ago

Its official...you go to a bar...no more talk of religion, politics, and pinball.

#62 11 years ago

I think any social site is only as good or friendly as it's members
    99% of the members are here for the same reason like you and I.
    also I feel the 'core' members ,
    those who post real good topics or answer technical questions over the years or of recent are part of the reason why the site is attracting more and more members.
    the other reason is most people you meet that play pinball are generally cool to begin with.

#63 11 years ago

Can we go back to the Pinside from 2009 please.

#64 11 years ago
    Quoted from fusion301:

Haha, that would be cool. Then every topic would be on the front page for 4 months!

http://web.archive.org/web/20090304222610/http://pinside.com/pinball/forum

Imagine that!

#65 11 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Haha, that would be cool. Then every topic would be on the front page for 4 months!

http://web.archive.org/web/20090304222610/http://pinside.com/pinball/forum

Imagine that!

Wow. Interesting read. I did not find Autumnfade or LorenZ, or anyone still here from a few of those threads. 4 months showing on page one...how things have changed

edit: Robin, out of curiosity, where are AutumnFade and maldoror now? do they still lurk here or did they leave the hobby ?

#66 11 years ago

I think the differing of opinions is great for the community. I do think people get overly protective when someone slams the game they pre ordered cause the bash toy looks wonky. I think is with most ppl they find the need to reassure the purchase they made will be a good one. Also if the game gets terrible reviews the value tends to go down Avatar, TF, that stern soccer game that no one including their grandmother talks about, but with good reviews the market tends to be more favorable for that game (from a seller stand point)

Now for me I love all pinball, but some way more than others, now would I buy the stern soccer game no, but someone else may think its worth 5k sorry for them lol

I would like to thank everybody who gets on here and posts you have helped me to understand pinball machines more fully and the value of individual games as the market dictates.

Oh and btw the free fantasy football league on espn is short one guy. PM for a invite. Its a bunch of guys from here playing
    Thanks Rob

#67 11 years ago

i'm claiming rpg or rag or dipshitg site or whatever overflow to pinside as a result. i remember when it was more mellow to.

#68 11 years ago

Wow Robin,
    You took us back to 2009 rather quickly. Excellent reply to fusion301's post.

It's amazing to me that this thread got as much activity as it did.
    The whole thing is a non-issue that has been beat to death recently imho.
    Pinside forum is going great. It's not too negative.
    Actually it almost seems like sometimes it gets a bit gay w/ some guys acting like we need to hold hands, ....and don't say any opinion that could slightly offend anyone.
    I think it's ok when the experienced Pinsiders slam someone who is being a jerk.
    The few guys that have been banned were practically begging to get banned from what I've seen.

I do like how a negative thread and/or negative comments in an otherwise positive/informative thread can rather quickly get headed back in the right direction by some creative/funny/light-hearted posts (w/ attractive girls, jokes, music videos, pictures, etc.) by other Pinsiders or by just getting back on op's original topic.

#69 11 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

No it isn't ...

I disagree.

Disclaimer: this was a joke.

#70 11 years ago

It's still better than RGP.

#71 11 years ago

How many more RGP mentions can we get in on this whiny thread?

#72 11 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

How many more RGP mentions can we get in on this whiny thread?

RGP!!

(Sorry, just had to... )

#73 11 years ago

Yeah I don't wanna hear aboot RGP.

#74 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah I don't wanna hear aboot RGP.

Aboot? Didn't realize Ann Arbor was that close to Canada, eh.

Dan

#75 11 years ago
    Quoted from MrWizzo:

Dan

About 5 hours, less if you Really Goose the Pedal.

#76 11 years ago

Thanks Robin I needed that - the days of Brokedad, Maldoror, and autumnfade. Now I would have to spend hours to catch up on threads - back then it was like you and 10 of your friends you never met. I guess thats a sign that pinball is alive and well!!!! I just wish I had more time to keep in touch with everything, oh the old times....

#77 11 years ago

Truth to many of these posts here. Let's not confuse "debate" with "negativity" . CAn't always read someones tone online. Might be quite friendly

#78 11 years ago
    Quoted from rommy:

Robin, out of curiosity, where are AutumnFade and maldoror now? Do they still lurk here or did they leave the hobby ?

Autumnfade = HELLODEADCITY

I have no idea what happened to maldoror. He's been MIA for quite a while.

#79 11 years ago

Someone should check into it. I had a internet friend that stopped posting on RGP long ago and didn't hear from him for over a year. When I finally tracked him down, I found out he'd died. (sigh) Nobody in his family let anyone know .

Quoted from gweempose:

Autumnfade = HELLODEADCITY
    I have no idea what happened to maldoror. He's been MIA for quite a while.

#80 11 years ago
    Quoted from blownfuse:

Someone should check into it. I had a internet friend that stopped posting on RGP long ago and didn't hear from him for over a year. When I finally tracked him down, I found out he'd died. (sigh) Nobody in his family let anyone know .

Who was it?
    I have seen a few people just disappear.

On another note there is someone posting on another thread that is asking about a Spirit, wants to know if anyone on the group knows anything about sys. 80's.

#81 11 years ago
    Quoted from MrWizzo:

Dan

It's 45 minutes away...32 the way i drive.

#82 11 years ago

I changed my mind about posting in here.
    (For those of you in Rio Linda, this post was edited.)

#83 11 years ago
    Quoted from rommy:

Wow. Interesting read. I did not find Autumnfade or LorenZ, or anyone still here from a few of those threads. 4 months showing on page one...how things have changed []

edit: Robin, out of curiosity, where are AutumnFade and maldoror now? do they still lurk here or did they leave the hobby ?

Yeah, I was also reading back with a big grin - those were good days!

FYI:
    Autumnfade = Hellodeadcity (changed username a long time ago)
    Maldoror last seen on the Pinside on March 22 (http://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/maldoror) - I think he's pretty busy, but still in pinball
    Lorenz: Coincidence you bring him up - Awesome guy, I just visited him a couple of weeks ago in Grenoble, France and it was great finally meeting face to face with one of the early forum members

#84 11 years ago
    Quoted from Chudmeat:

Everyone has an opinion and like to share it with others to find out who's with them and who's against them. Critics like to criticize. Its just human nature. Not everyone can get along.

+1 and moderating disagreements is silly....

in the end i think that most of us will get along just fine after a little tussle now and then..
    we are all big boys and should agree to disagree, at the end of the day....

Like you said it's just human nature....

lets all priase individuality.....

#85 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinballHelp:

I see a basic pattern to the negativity:
    1. Person A starts a thread on a subject2. People talk about the subject3. Person B posts an opinion other people don't like4. People attack person B (as opposed to debating his opinion)5. People declare the thread a disaster
    My problem is with #4. That's where the trouble starts.
    There are some online that can't seem to peacefully coexist with others who have different opinions, and rather than respectfully disagree, they attack and try to drive off people they don't like.

That happens here, ALOT....not just on RGPee...

#87 11 years ago
    Quoted from Gerry:

+1 and moderating disagreements is silly....
    in the end i think that most of us will get along just fine after a little tussle now and then..
    we are all big boys and should agree to disagree, at the end of the day....
    Like you said it's just human nature....
    lets all priase individuality.....

This is a moderated site like it or not. And sometimes people are not alright after a tussle and refuse to ever let it go. Differing opinions are more then welcome here. What is not is trolling to start bs or verbally attacking someone over and over for having a different opinion. Pinside has handled the growth very well IMO. It is a place that has a sense of community and most of us have mutual respect for each other even upon disagreeing.

#88 11 years ago

Honestly on this site or any other forum there is too many personalities to completely agree on everything

If you lock a 100 guys in a room together and discuss a topic that all of them have some level of knowledge in, there are bound to be some differences in opinion.....

and sometimes it can get a bit heated....

that is just human nature, and its not a bad thing.....it just matters that nobody gets their eye blackend over it or their teeth knocked out....

I learned over at RGP how silly internet bickering can be....

I got into it pretty hard with somebody there..to the point where i wanted to go to the Ohio pinball show just to knock him the F out !....

Internet arguments are just stupid, all the way around.......they do happen but they should be dealt with in a positive way shortly there after.... probably by far the dumbest thing 2 grown adults can do on a computer to date....

i still find myself getting fired up occasionally, and i have to catch myself an remind myself about what i learned on RGP...

In the end we both realized how F'in stupid we were both being, and we have become freinds...

I much prefer it that way...

we talk semi frequently on the phone, and he has been a help in more ways than one...

its ok to disagree, and even get your apnties in a bunch once in a while, but straighten it out in the end, and agree to like the same shit....

PINBALL

#89 11 years ago

rain.jpgrain.jpg

#90 11 years ago
    Quoted from fusion301:

thats never gonna happen...the more people that join here , the more opinions, and diasagreements are gonna happen....

it is what it is...

its getting past that, that will keep things leveled out....

#91 11 years ago
    Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

i'm claiming rpg or rag or dipshitg site or whatever overflow to pinside as a result. i remember when it was more mellow to.

I call BS on that, its just more people on here, ( no matter where they came from), and more opinions...thats it !

It has absolutely NOTHIN to do with RGP !

#92 11 years ago
    Quoted from fusion301:

Can't go back.

#93 11 years ago
    Quoted from tracelifter:

Can't go back.
    » YouTube video

Nice clip.....

#95 11 years ago

Absolutly brilliant. Thanks Dan. No better way to wake up than a good laugh. Lmao.

#96 11 years ago

Is your hobby Pinball or Pinside? If pinball this shit doesn't matter.

#98 11 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Pinside has handled the growth very well IMO

agree

With the newb explosion of the last year or so I didn't think so at first but now I think the site
    has recovered pretty well. There was a period of time I couldn't even log on without
    rolling my eyes all day long. & trolls are a fact of life on internet forums but this site does
    a top notch job toeing the line with bans/blocks/etc. and IMO not going overboard.

Kudos to the mods. Sh!tty job, someone's gotta do it, better them than me. Thanks guys

in before lock j/k

#99 11 years ago

trace, that was a BITCHIN' video, thanx for that...makes you think about when video games and Pinballs were a source of major entertainment for the masses who were intrigued by their inner workings.

#100 11 years ago

Ed Burton, went by Edloco on RGP. Ed was quite a charactor. We've lost quite a few good people from that group, they are missed. Didn't see that Spirit thread, where is it?

Quoted from tracelifter:

Who was it?I have seen a few people just disappear.
    On another note there is someone posting on another thread that is asking about a Spirit, wants to know if anyone on the group knows anything about sys. 80's.

There are 125 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-is-getting-very-negative-lately/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.