Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 117 posts
  • 69 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by zh2oson
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1 (resized).JPG
    Screenshot_2017-07-23-19-15-14 (resized).png
    181661358_cf6ea7ef73_m (resized).jpg
    IMG_3229 (resized).JPG
    Bearded-Dragon-Eating-Cricket-600x450-1-v1 (resized).jpg
    fight_682x400_909273a (resized).jpg
    playskull_small_smaller_images (resized).jpg
    Fort Asshole (resized).jpg
    47b225d58e10d3bd06295da0dc1365ed.jpgBuddy (resized).jpg
    2013-02-20 11.03.04 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-07-21 at 10.47.09 AM (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    brisket chili (resized).jpg
    brisket (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    snow (resized).jpg
    There are 117 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 6 years ago

When I open my first account on here nearly 10 years ago, there might have been a hundred posts in a day. That can happen in an hour these days. Crickets?? I think not and I'm rarely on here anymore. I can't believe how popular this site has become. It's pretty cool to see how far things have come in the last 10 years.

#102 6 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

Dead on.
    Just because you have a massive checkbook and buy nothing but games from 1992 to present day in large quantities does NOT make you some kind of expert. Some people here have $50k+ collections and prolly don't even know how to solder, use a DMM, or know how to change a ROM chip. And don't get me wrong, I'm not judging; I am saying just because you spend big money sure as heck does not earn instantaneous respect.
    I get tired of all the "blow hard" topics - you know the ones - the ones where it does not take any kind of technical knowledge to have an input, or they exist solely to start trouble/trolling. They start something like:
    "Well, I played SW today, and boy did that shit suck..."
    or
    "You know, while playing my $12k Dialed In, I realized how much better it is than anything before it..."
    or
    "See my 10+ game collection of nothing but the top 20 of B/W games? Boy, man, am I awesome..."
    I'm glad that junk seems to be simmering down. Maybe it's because my thread drain button is crazy strong.

No. Absolutely not. NO. This place is WAY better off without him. I'd almost feel like the victim of "lust" from the movie Seven if he was allowed back here (NSFW so don't Google search that at your 9-5).
    He has his place, and it isn't here.
    Overall, I miss when I first showed up. We weren't paying $8000 for a STANDARD edition of any pinball game, Stern didn't increase prices while diminishing ALL aspects of their games, and Chris Bucci made regular videos. This place seemed way more encouraging and inviting. Now, I have to dig to find technical threads, and the "game room" thread is a handful of "good, fun" threads left.
    :/. It is what it is.

Hobbit Club,: Members only. LOL

How about Bally Happy Tour Club; Members only..

#103 6 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

How dare you group me with such assholes! I am a much better asshole than that!

I'm not.

#104 6 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

How about Bally Happy Tour Club; Members only..

Members only....

181661358_cf6ea7ef73_m (resized).jpg181661358_cf6ea7ef73_m (resized).jpg

#105 6 years ago
    Quoted from Marvin:

I'm guessing you can't see the forest for the trees.

He IS the trees ya noob.

#106 6 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

He IS the trees ya noob.

I'm well aware of who he is, the fact I finally signed up here does not mean I have not looked here for a long time. I've watched this place going back way before tracelifter left several years ago. His comment reeked of cognitive dissonance.

#107 6 years ago

A lot of opinionated threads and know it all attitudes who crap on everyone else's opinion but their own kind of drive me away. Everyone has an opinion and it just seems the threads that revolve around opinions turn out to be bitch fests for people with way too much time on their hands. Other than that I think it's a great site! I have learned a great deal about repair here

#108 6 years ago

I took a break from Pinside about 2 years ago. I'm glad people still use it, but even then, it still has changed since I started my break.

#109 6 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

I'm glad people still use it, but even then, it still has changed since I started my break.

Uff you're telling us...it's like Saved By the Bell "The New Class" compared to the original....sad.

#110 6 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

Is it true? So much negativity drove everyone away? It's been dead here for a while now

No it's not true. People who have been around Pinside for years will tell you the same thing happens every year-Summer. It is a time where people are outside and busy, and so the usual number of posters is less and the number of games for sale is also significantly less.

Robin Pinside is a great forum and I enjoy the format and all of the features. As for a the idea of having a separate sub forum for people to talk I am not sure if it would be feasible. I may recommend just adding a thread topic that reads "Pinside Chat Room-On Topic" and "Pinside Chat Room-Off Topic". People can go and just talk about anything without moderation or being "off topic from thread title". Just an idea but it seems like we already have the basement and nobody seems to use it. Thanks for all that you do Robin, Pinside is great and I agree with you on why people have shown negativity towards all of the new titles and the manufactures defects(lots to talk about). A forum is a public place to discuss all aspects of a hobby. I actually have received very valuable information by reading and listening to people's opinions whether negative or positive. The new game release threads seem to be very popular and the technical help threads tend to get lost. In the new game threads peoples opinions get very passionate and can escalate a conversation really quickly. People can view these comments as negative but in reality it just comes down to differences in opinions. Instead of perceiving a comment as negative, maybe just take it as a difference in opinions, agree to disagree. Everything can become a positive if you make it positive. My .02

#111 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Uff you're telling us...it's like Saved By the Bell "The New Class" compared to the original....sad.

Fair point. I just needed to get away from the cancerous side of the hobby. I never had intentions of leaving the hobby.

#112 6 years ago

Everyone who you think is not on pinside, taking a break or whatever else they claim is right here all day every day but just logged off as one of those 149 visitors seen below...trying to prove some silly point or just being self concious about being seen online so much i suppose...folks who have 5, 10 or 20 thousand posts aren't even capable of "taking a break"

Ain't no Flippin way that on a Sunday evening we have almost 150 unregistered users who just happen to be lurking on a pinball forum.

Screenshot_2017-07-23-19-15-14 (resized).pngScreenshot_2017-07-23-19-15-14 (resized).png

#113 6 years ago

100+ posts in 2 days to a relatively non-interesting topic. Yeah, crickets here on PinSide.

#114 6 years ago
    Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Everyone who you think is not on pinside, taking a break or whatever else they claim is right here all day every day but just logged off as one of those 149 visitors seen below...trying to prove some silly point or just being self concious about being seen online so much i suppose...folks who have 5, 10 or 20 thousand posts aren't even capable of "taking a break"
    Ain't no Flippin way that on a Sunday evening we have almost 150 unregistered users who just happen to be lurking on a pinball forum.

How are those even calculated? How long ago did those 149 people look at Pinside to still be considered online? How about the 511 users? Was I one of them while I was out hiking today? Some specifics of how they are derived would help.

#115 6 years ago

1 (resized).JPG1 (resized).JPG

#116 6 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

How are those even calculated? How long ago did those 149 people look at Pinside to still be considered online? How about the 511 users? Was I one of them while I was out hiking today? Some specifics of how they are derived would help.

True. Am I counted as logged in when pinside is on my browser but I haven't even used my phone in hours?

7 months later
    #117 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I think what's happened around here is there has been a large influx of know it all noobies that think the whole world of pinball is sunshine and roses and have done everything in their power to drive away the older and wiser members of the hobby that realize that is not the way it is.

Wait, what? As far as I know, everything is sunshine and roses.

There are 117 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-is-crickets/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.