Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 117 posts
  • 69 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by zh2oson
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1 (resized).JPG
    Screenshot_2017-07-23-19-15-14 (resized).png
    181661358_cf6ea7ef73_m (resized).jpg
    IMG_3229 (resized).JPG
    Bearded-Dragon-Eating-Cricket-600x450-1-v1 (resized).jpg
    fight_682x400_909273a (resized).jpg
    playskull_small_smaller_images (resized).jpg
    Fort Asshole (resized).jpg
    47b225d58e10d3bd06295da0dc1365ed.jpgBuddy (resized).jpg
    2013-02-20 11.03.04 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-07-21 at 10.47.09 AM (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    brisket chili (resized).jpg
    brisket (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    snow (resized).jpg
    There are 117 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 6 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

The most interesting guy in pinball is banned

Best thing that ever happened to him. No one was calling him the most interesting guy in pinball while he was posting here.

#52 6 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

The most interesting guy in pinball is banned and asshats like Gorf are allowed to screw over fellow pinsiders and get welcomed back with open arms...

Wait Who was banned? Crazy Levi is still here and I'm pretty sure he's arguably the most interesting person on pinside.

#53 6 years ago

Maybe everything that can be said about Jpop, SkitB and DP has been said already.

#54 6 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

The most interesting guy in pinball is banned and asshats like Gorf are allowed to screw over fellow pinsiders and get welcomed back with open arms...

At this point, I have to agree. It seems like Special K has made good will towards the powers that be here on Pinside. It's been long enough, give him another go. (Like he isn't already on here ).

They guy did raise all sorts of havoc, which he openly admits he loves doing, but he sure as hell didn't pull anything like Gorf did. I walked away after the podcast I did with Special K with a changed opinion of him. The guy is a self promotional marketing whore, and he is proud of it. Good for him, because there could certainly be worse.

#55 6 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

So I have been working on a concept of a new Pinside section, where people can gather in smaller (optionally private) groups of like-minded individuals. The idea is to let people create a space where they can create their own "scaled down" Pinside with their own rules. This won't be as much about discussion, but more about sharing ideas/mods/news or talking with just your friends or fans of a specific topic (i.e. the existing "clubs" section in the forums). This is all still in the brainstorming phase, feel free to PM me if you want to brainstorm along or have interesting thoughts in favor or against such a new section.

#56 6 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

Maybe everything that can be said about Jpop, SkitB and DP has been said already.

That's why we mostly try to keep it contained to the existing threads. That way you can drain them and never hear about it again while others can continue discussing the topic. Well, that's the idea anyways.

Quoted from vdojaq:

At this point, I have to agree. It seems like Special K has made good will towards the powers that be here on Pinside. It's been long enough, give him another go. (Like he isn't already on here ).

Sadly, you have only seen the tip of the iceberg. Those who know what happened (the Pinside mod team) unanimously decided it's not a good idea to allow him back on. So I'm afraid that's that. Please stop asking about this.

Besides, I think Chris and his podcast are much better off not posting on Pinside. It allows him to focus 100% on his podcast and direct all his time and energy there. I've listened to some of the recent interviews and they're really quite interesting podcasts.

#57 6 years ago

I'm on here *every* day lately, and it doesn't seem slow to me. I have noticed that since there's no new pin announcement, there's not very much discussion on those topics. Wait until Houdini comes out, and we blow the doors off the place!

#58 6 years ago

Thanks for the input robin.

I like idea of a place where I can discuss a little bit of anything. And pinball.

I live off topic.

Of everything I've seen on Pinside, the only thing that has jumped out to me is self moderation of threads. I guess just be really careful. If I were you.

If I were a pinball manufacturer. And I can moderate my own threads. That is dangerous.

If a manufacturer does not want to participate in a thread here,

Now in its current state. Why do I want to hear from them at all?

But it's just pinball. And just my 2 cents.

#59 6 years ago

I guess kind of what I am trying to say is thread control. I don't like it.

To me it leads to censorship. And also could make the information here unimportant or uneven.

I can see where it is both good and bad. But, please be very selective. On rights given and thread types. Please.

#60 6 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Besides, I think Chris and his podcast are much better off not posting on Pinside. It allows him to focus 100% on his podcast and direct all his time and energy there. I've listened to some of the recent interviews and they're really quite interesting podcasts.

Robin, appreciate everything that you do for the community and the awesome site that you run. I fully respect your decision to not allow Chris back on the site (don't know him, never met him). With that being said, he is covering relevant topics in the industry. Is there a way that they members here can talk about the content of his podcasts (not him) without being moderated since he is banned? Perhaps the new groups that you are brainstorming?

#61 6 years ago

Robin, thank you for Pinside. I think it would be a shame if people started disappearing into "rooms", or whatever the new paradigm would be. I think Pinside is hitting on all cylinders, and we are already a group of "like-minded individuals" - we all love pinball! People just need to be more tolerant and a bit less uptight when things don't go exactly the way they want. As Bowen has said at Pinburgh, we should "be excellent to each other."

Quoted from robin:

All of that said, I do recognize a growing "need" for a smaller scale environment with more user-control. Over the past few years, people have continuously approached me with their ideas of how Pinside should be run. Some want it much stricter and on-topic, some want it largely unmoderated and an "everything goes" mentality. This is obviously a huge difference of opinion and there is no pleasing everyone. So I have been working on a concept of a new Pinside section, where people can gather in smaller (optionally private) groups of like-minded individuals. The idea is to let people create a space where they can create their own "scaled down" Pinside with their own rules. This won't be as much about discussion, but more about sharing ideas/mods/news or talking with just your friends or fans of a specific topic (i.e. the existing "clubs" section in the forums). This is all still in the brainstorming phase, feel free to PM me if you want to brainstorm along or have interesting thoughts in favor or against such a new section.

#62 6 years ago

When reading 'Crickets', thoughts turned to these guys...
    47b225d58e10d3bd06295da0dc1365ed.jpgBuddy (resized).jpg47b225d58e10d3bd06295da0dc1365ed.jpgBuddy (resized).jpg

Joe Mauldin, Jerry Alison, Niki Sullivan, and their Buddy.

#63 6 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

So I have been working on a concept of a new Pinside section, where people can gather in smaller (optionally private) groups of like-minded individuals. The idea is to let people create a space where they can create their own "scaled down" Pinside with their own rules.

Safe spaces?

#64 6 years ago

Ya we can call it the bubble wrap section where everything is happy happy

#65 6 years ago

I'd love an unsafe space where you can brawl with people, with no moderation besides simple rules like no posting of personal information, or threats or what have you.

I know, unlikely but it would nice have a place to joke around with people or have an all out flamefest without getting banned, and if people went with the program it could keep all of the petty sniping and other nonsense out of the regular threads.

#66 6 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I think a few colorful pinsiders are on Hiatus!

Some of us are on vacation and aren't spending as much time on Pinside ... it's a Summer thing.

#67 6 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

The idea is to let people create a space where they can create their own "scaled down" Pinside with their own rules. This won't be as much about discussion, but more about sharing ideas/mods/news or talking with just your friends or fans of a specific topic (i.e. the existing "clubs" section in the forums). This is all still in the brainstorming phase, feel free to PM me if you want to brainstorm along or have interesting thoughts in favor or against such a new section.

Wasn't the Basement Section created for this?

#68 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'd love an unsafe space where you can brawl with people, with no moderation besides simple rules like no posting of personal information, or threats or what have you.
    I know, unlikely but it would nice have a place to joke around with people or have an all out flamefest without getting banned, and if people went with the program it could keep all of the petty sniping and other nonsense out of the regular threads.

Fort Asshole (resized).jpgFort Asshole (resized).jpg

#69 6 years ago

I am pleased to say the growing population of lizards around my property has whittled down the noisy crickets so now I can sleep at night.

#70 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I am pleased to say the growing population of lizards around my property has whittled down the noisy crickets so now I can sleep at night.

I've got a big population of both in my back yard but the Crickets still seem to be outnumbering the Lizards still.

#71 6 years ago

Become one with the lizards and you will persevere.

#72 6 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

When reading Crickets thoughts turned to these guys...

Joe Mauldin, Jerry Alison, Niki Sullivan, and their Buddy.

I thought of Bally Frontier's background music

#73 6 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Robin, thank you for Pinside. I think it would be a shame if people started disappearing into "rooms", or whatever the new paradigm would be. I think Pinside is hitting on all cylinders, and we are already a group of "like-minded individuals" - we all love pinball! People just need to be more tolerant and a bit less uptight when things don't go exactly the way they want. As Bowen has said at Pinburgh, we should "be excellent to each other."

Agreed 100%! Don't we already have the basement???? No need to have the private closed chat rooms, just make the basement lest restrictive with less rules. I thought this was what the basement was for to begin with.

#74 6 years ago

Playskool - no sharp edges to prevent puncturing overinflated egos.

#75 6 years ago

Remember it was a guy named Wacky that started this thread.

playskull_small_smaller_images (resized).jpgplayskull_small_smaller_images (resized).jpg

#76 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Oh and boobies (no nipples). Bring back boobies.

#77 6 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

Oh and boobies (no nipples). Bring back boobies.

Did somebody say boobies?!

(Oh, and PS - we get enough boobies with the pics you post of your significant other.)

#78 6 years ago

IN the words of the great Eric Cartman

In My Safe Space
    South Park

Everyone likes me and thinks I'm great in my safe space (my safe space)
    People don't judge me and haters don't hate in my safe space (your safe space)
    Bully-proof windows, troll-safe doors, nothing but kindness in here
    You might call me a pussy, but I won't hear you in my safe space (my safe space)
    Bully-proof windows

If you do not like me, you are not allowed in my safe space (my safe space)
    Look and you'll see there's a very select crowd in your safe space (my safe space)
    People that support me mixed in with more people that support me and say nice things
    Rainbows all around me, there is no shame in my safe space (my safe space)
    Bully-proof windows

I am going to tear down your safe space, brick by brick I shall smash it with glee
    What? Who is that?
    You cannot stop me from getting inside, I am cold and I am hard and my name... Is reality.
    Oh no not reality, somebody stop him!
    I'll take care of him demi

You can't ruin our lives reality
    Our safe space will keep you out
    Rat!

We can face almost anything
    But reality we can do without
    Noooooooo!

Bully-proof windows, troll safe doors
    My safe space
    "That was nice"
    Tracker

All lyrics are property and copyright of their owners. All lyrics provided for educational purposes only.

#79 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'd love an unsafe space where you can brawl with people, with no moderation besides simple rules like no posting of personal information, or threats or what have you..

fight_682x400_909273a (resized).jpgfight_682x400_909273a (resized).jpg

#80 6 years ago

Isn't there a basement already, with allowance to just "go nuts" on each other for a period of time?

Is the problem that people would rather derail normal threads with their fights, and doing it out of sight somewhere isn't fun?

#81 6 years ago
    Quoted from radium:

What's pinside?

It's some adult site that waves firearms around I heard.

I read Robin's mini pinside idea and I instantly heard Bill Murray in my head. "Cats and Dogs living together mass hysteria!!"

Your site is just fine Robin don't fix what ain't broke.

#82 6 years ago

Pinside seems as busy as ever. The atmosphere is better than before the threatened purge, but still way too much noise.

#83 6 years ago

I think the op of this thread just has a thing for crickets.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-pinball-production-update/page/15#post-3873431

Bearded-Dragon-Eating-Cricket-600x450-1-v1 (resized).jpgBearded-Dragon-Eating-Cricket-600x450-1-v1 (resized).jpg

#84 6 years ago
    Quoted from Darth_Chris:

My opinion too that a few personal jesus, self appointed gods who only buy the best and the rest is crap made a lot of people leave. It's a society problem now with all the communication tools and needs. Everyone wants to talk but nobody wants to listen no more.

Dead on.

Just because you have a massive checkbook and buy nothing but games from 1992 to present day in large quantities does NOT make you some kind of expert. Some people here have $50k+ collections and prolly don't even know how to solder, use a DMM, or know how to change a ROM chip. And don't get me wrong, I'm not judging; I am saying just because you spend big money sure as heck does not earn instantaneous respect.

I get tired of all the "blow hard" topics - you know the ones - the ones where it does not take any kind of technical knowledge to have an input, or they exist solely to start trouble/trolling. They start something like:

"Well, I played SW today, and boy did that shit suck..."

or

"You know, while playing my $12k Dialed In, I realized how much better it is than anything before it..."

or

"See my 10+ game collection of nothing but the top 20 of B/W games? Boy, man, am I awesome..."

I'm glad that junk seems to be simmering down. Maybe it's because my thread drain button is crazy strong.

Quoted from vdojaq:

They guy did raise all sorts of havoc, which he openly admits he loves doing, but he sure as hell didn't pull anything like Gorf did.

No. Absolutely not. NO. This place is WAY better off without him. I'd almost feel like the victim of "lust" from the movie Seven if he was allowed back here (NSFW so don't Google search that at your 9-5).

He has his place, and it isn't here.

Overall, I miss when I first showed up. We weren't paying $8000 for a STANDARD edition of any pinball game, Stern didn't increase prices while diminishing ALL aspects of their games, and Chris Bucci made regular videos. This place seemed way more encouraging and inviting. Now, I have to dig to find technical threads, and the "game room" thread is a handful of "good, fun" threads left.

:/. It is what it is.

#85 6 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

"See my 10+ game collection of nothing but the top 20 of B/W games? Boy, man, am I awesome..."

Like this?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-machines-to-finish-off-my-collection

#87 6 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Did somebody say boobies?!
    (Oh, and PS - we get enough boobies with the pics you post of your significant other.)

She is a good sport. Unlike a few here with no sense of humor at all.

#88 6 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

Looks like she took away your phone charger though.

#89 6 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

Hope I didn't hurt your feelings! Had to give you another one though for bitching about getting a thumbs down.

#90 6 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Hope I didn't hurt your feelings! Had to give you another one though for bitching about getting a thumbs down.

You didn't hurt my feelings. I was actually talking about pez. Probably half of my downvotes are from him. I expect it now.

#91 6 years ago

if thumbs down bother you so much, then stop posting things i disagree with. *shrug*

feedback is part of the deal of expressing an opinion.

#92 6 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

Unlike a few here with no sense of humor at all.

People posting pics of people downvoting them are currently the lowest form of scum around here.

Quoted from vdojaq:

It seems like Special K has made good...

wait wait..i guess Special K fans are under that.

Nevermind, people that use the *shrug* thing will always be the worst.

But seriously guys, and i mean this honestly, I can't till the purge™ takes you assholes out of here.

#93 6 years ago

Scum? There's no call for that.

#94 6 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

Scum? There's no call for that.

Post a picture it'll last longer

#95 6 years ago

How about this one?

IMG_3229 (resized).JPGIMG_3229 (resized).JPG

#96 6 years ago

It takes me longer to start a campfire in the backyard than it does for these dumpsters to get going. S'mores anyone?

#97 6 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

How about this one?

Is that from the Predator thread?

#98 6 years ago

This thread reminds me of growing up with six siblings at the dinner table. Eventually somebody's knee is gonna knock someone else's, and then the knives come out. My poor parents.

#99 6 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Internet forums, in general, are a source of unfiltered and raw opinion. As soon as you start mingling with that too much, I think ruins the whole basic concept of a forum.

I'm guessing you can't see the forest for the trees.

#100 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

People posting pics of people downvoting them are currently the lowest form of scum around here.

wait wait..i guess Special K fans are under that.

Nevermind, people that use the *shrug* thing will always be the worst.
    But seriously guys, and i mean this honestly, I can't till the purge™ takes you assholes out of here.

How dare you group me with such assholes! I am a much better asshole than that!

There are 117 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-is-crickets/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.