Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 117 posts
  • 69 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by zh2oson
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1 (resized).JPG
    Screenshot_2017-07-23-19-15-14 (resized).png
    181661358_cf6ea7ef73_m (resized).jpg
    IMG_3229 (resized).JPG
    Bearded-Dragon-Eating-Cricket-600x450-1-v1 (resized).jpg
    fight_682x400_909273a (resized).jpg
    playskull_small_smaller_images (resized).jpg
    Fort Asshole (resized).jpg
    47b225d58e10d3bd06295da0dc1365ed.jpgBuddy (resized).jpg
    2013-02-20 11.03.04 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-07-21 at 10.47.09 AM (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    brisket chili (resized).jpg
    brisket (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    snow (resized).jpg
    There are 117 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 6 years ago

Is it true? So much negativity drove everyone away? It's been dead here for a while now

#2 6 years ago

I've been brain dead for a while so I'm still here.

#3 6 years ago

Seems active to me but I sometimes step away for weeks at a time. Usually I'm less active on here in the summer because the weather is nice and I'm busy with outdoor hobbies.

#4 6 years ago

It's the middle of the summer. A busy time. Also, pinball. As Star Wars and AFMr and dialed in hit, everyone's busy. Having fun.

I got California extreme In a few weeks trying to get ready. It's is true there is little to discuss, but a lot to play.

And it's summer and the girls are wearing less clothes... It should be a busy fall here.

#5 6 years ago

I think what's happened around here is there has been a large influx of know it all noobies that think the whole world of pinball is sunshine and roses and have done everything in their power to drive away the older and wiser members of the hobby that realize that is not the way it is.

#6 6 years ago

Oh don't be a cranky old guy blaming the youth of today.

#7 6 years ago

Not the youth of today, the noobies from the day before yesterday.

#8 6 years ago

Well maybe the hype from SW and dialed died down.

Also it seems like once in a while you get some "pinsider going off the rails thread" about how he bought someones broken game or something and it was supposed to be huo. Need one of those to liven this place up

#9 6 years ago

They're regrouping and coming back for the second surge. Winter is coming.

#10 6 years ago

My opinion too that a few personal jesus, self appointed gods who only buy the best and the rest is crap made a lot of people leave. It's a society problem now with all the communication tools and needs. Everyone wants to talk but nobody wants to listen no more. Like supper with the in laws hehehe. Somehow people forgot that having the tools and social medias doesnt make you interesting. Such is life some are made to lead and others to follow. Now everyone wants to be the boss. Arghhhhh Maybe I'm turning grumpy with age hehehe. Shame, I for myself spend less and less time here. I read but don't comment as I use to.

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

It's summer and the girls are wearing less clothes...

Yes they certainly are

[image removed]

#12 6 years ago

I think a few colorful pinsiders are on Hiatus!

#13 6 years ago

Everybody got their games all fixed 100%!

#14 6 years ago

What's pinside?

#15 6 years ago

Nah its summer time more important things to do than haggle with the Pinside crew.

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Better buy a Lottery Ticket.

#17 6 years ago

I think the Stern bashing has driven some Stern owners away. Lets face it all manufacturers have the same sort of issues. Chipping playfields, splitting cabinets and delivery damage. The negativity is a definite turn off.

My solution is ignore user. Stops me from seeing the negative BS that people can come up with. Hopefully there are lots of you Americans at Comic con!

#18 6 years ago

I think it's the stern appollogists always giving stern a free pass even though they are the biggest pinball company out there and they should be setting an example of excellence for other manufactures to follow rather than setting the bar as low as they can get away with

#19 6 years ago

Come to the Popcorn Machine thread.

We have been building a wall of xenophobia there (and it smells like warm butter).

#20 6 years ago

I really enjoy the popcorn thread!! Vid, before I smoke a brisket I trim the fat off and render it down. Is it suitable for popcorn?

#21 6 years ago

Bezelboob put us into an existential crisis

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from tbanthony:

Oh don't be a cranky old guy blaming the youth of today.

Get off my lawn!

#23 6 years ago

Well don't leave, I'm not certain who I should be offending yet!

How long do you watch a TV series? We've been bread to lose interest and attention rapidly so as to move on to the next thing and spend our money and time there. The grass is greener there you know. Same applies here I would guess.

I'm happy and fortunate that you are all still here offering help.

Thanks, I'll get off your lawn now

#24 6 years ago

Maybe reconsider lifetime ban on Kaneda? His viewing figures are on the up.

'Keep your friends close and your enemies closer'.....

Must be time for me to get some downvotes

#25 6 years ago

Starting to avoid this forum since the highjacked homepin topic. Sick of people who start crying, trolling and discussing about all kind of stupid things except the spinetopic.

I already posted this in the homepin thread, got a ton of upvotes, people starting again to ask info ontopic, but after a couple of days, the tards start discussing again about shit.

#26 6 years ago

Many of us just do more reading/skimming than typing...

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit

#27 6 years ago

I'm avoiding specific topics. I kind of share some of Darth Chris comments .

#28 6 years ago

Stay tuned!!!

#29 6 years ago

Pinside has let a handful of inmates run the asylum for the better part of 2 years... and this is the result. Oddly, the one guy they actually took a stand against and banned for life has had a decent run of insightful and interesting things to say about the hobby (quite remarkable when compared to the 30 or so that have been allowed to continue operating under their own rules).

Sure, you can ignore the hyper-posters and drain threads. But that leaves you with Ignored User tags and disjointed conversation.

It's a shame, because a little house cleaning and enforcement of house rules would certainly make folks think twice before acting like an idiot... and probably would have kept so many of the industry/hobby good guys from deciding to straight-up leave.

I took a self-imposed break recently and really only re-activated to have access to some tech help and a local selling thread. My participation in threads is severely throttled back - too bad, because the friendly love of the hobby days for this site were a lot of fun

#30 6 years ago

To many personal attacks and posts going off-topic . We know who it is and what to do about it but do nothing.

27dnast hit nail on head for me

#31 6 years ago

Yeah no one is posting. The crash is coming. Get out while you still can. I will take your MM off your hands for 4k and be doing you a favor. Hurry, do not delay!

#32 6 years ago
    Quoted from RonSS:

We've been bread

Well, I've been toast...

#33 6 years ago

I think most people, myself included, get tired of the drama.

#34 6 years ago

it is middle of the summer. If I wasnt a desk Jockey I would not be here at all...

Spending my time on better things and outdoor stuff before this comes.

snow (resized).jpgsnow (resized).jpg

#35 6 years ago

In the past 24 hours, we've seen 66 new topics, 1,536 posts and 4,015 of 41,504 Pinsiders logging on.

Crickets eh...

#36 6 years ago
    Quoted from Maken:

In the past 24 hours, we've seen 66 new topics, 1,536 posts and 4,015 of 41,504 Pinsiders logging on.
    Crickets eh...

Anyone who thinks that equates to crickets is spending way too much time on here.

#37 6 years ago
    Quoted from emkay:

Well, I've been toast...

Doh! Bred.

Back to topic.

#38 6 years ago

Great!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#39 6 years ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

Bezelboob put us into an existential crisis

Go bake me a cake, bitch.

#40 6 years ago
    Quoted from BigT:

I really enjoy the popcorn thread!! Vid, before I smoke a brisket I trim the fat off and render it down. Is it suitable for popcorn?

I hope you are leaving a 1/4" thickness of fat on that brisket. That's what gives it moistness through the smoking process!

Then I take the burnt ends and the rest of the scraps and make BBQ Brisket Chili!

brisket (resized).jpgbrisket (resized).jpg

brisket chili (resized).jpgbrisket chili (resized).jpg

#41 6 years ago

Can we blame it on the "Great Purge" ?

#42 6 years ago

The most interesting guy in pinball is banned and asshats like Gorf are allowed to screw over fellow pinsiders and get welcomed back with open arms...

#43 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Crap...I missed that memo. Explains why I'm still here, I guess

#44 6 years ago

I guess my only other question. What happened last summer here on Pinside or the one before that? I was gone. What does summer look like normally on Pinside?

I am pretty busy in my life. And trying to have fun. That's what I'm up to. Lots of rehab. and writing.

#45 6 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

The most interesting guy in pinball is banned and asshats like Gorf are allowed to screw over fellow pinsiders and get welcomed back with open arms...

I wasn't banned, dude. No worries!

#46 6 years ago

Pezpunk doesn't like Kaneda

#47 6 years ago

This hardly seems like "crickets".

Unless you're lamenting the loss of tire fire threads.

Screen Shot 2017-07-21 at 10.47.09 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-07-21 at 10.47.09 AM (resized).png

#48 6 years ago

Who was banned?

2013-02-20 11.03.04 (resized).jpg2013-02-20 11.03.04 (resized).jpg

#49 6 years ago

It was the "why do we need pop bumpers" thread. People read that thread drivel and quit pinball and pinside altogether.

#50 6 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

Is it true? So much negativity drove everyone away? It's been dead here for a while now

Quoted from Azmodeus:

I guess my only other question. What happened last summer here on Pinside or the one before that? I was gone. What dies summer look like normally on Pinside?

Frankly, my stats do not show any kind of slow down other than what is usual for this time of year (summer). In fact, we're showing around 25% higher than last year.

Sessions, last 6 monthsSessions, last 6 months

Quoted from 27dnast:

Pinside has let a handful of inmates run the asylum for the better part of 2 years...

Quoted from ZenTron:

To many personal attacks and posts going off-topic . We know who it is and what to do about it but do nothing.

I hear this sometimes, but to be honest, I don't know who you're referring to as "running the asylum". I know this: if I asked you all to send me your top 10 list of users who you feel are ruining Pinside, I'm sure plenty of people would be listing each other. Look, we're 40,000 people from different states, countries, backgrounds. It's a small miracle we're all getting along the way we are. Internet forums, in general, are a source of unfiltered and raw opinion. As soon as you start mingling with that too much, I think ruins the whole basic concept of a forum. Of course, there should be some rules - but controlling the character of someone's post is not something I believe we can (or should) control.

As for negativity. I believe it's in large part a reflection of the recent state of this hobby. The last few years have not exactly been the best for pinball collecting and especially for pre-ordering collectors. There was a high volume of failed projects and an above-average amount of bad news or quality control issues from various manufacturers (boutique and established companies alike). And there's still lots of money either lost or tied up in seemingly endless projects. Plus, as prices rise: so do expectations. People are frustrated, disappointed or angry and Pinside is an outlet.

All of that said, I do recognize a growing "need" for a smaller scale environment with more user-control. Over the past few years, people have continuously approached me with their ideas of how Pinside should be run. Some want it much stricter and on-topic, some want it largely unmoderated and an "everything goes" mentality. This is obviously a huge difference of opinion and there is no pleasing everyone. So I have been working on a concept of a new Pinside section, where people can gather in smaller (optionally private) groups of like-minded individuals. The idea is to let people create a space where they can create their own "scaled down" Pinside with their own rules. This won't be as much about discussion, but more about sharing ideas/mods/news or talking with just your friends or fans of a specific topic (i.e. the existing "clubs" section in the forums). This is all still in the brainstorming phase, feel free to PM me if you want to brainstorm along or have interesting thoughts in favor or against such a new section.

There are 117 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-is-crickets and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.