2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by SUPERBEE
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

seal-of-approval (resized).jpg
    have-a-nice-day-smiley-face- (resized).jpeg

#1 2 years ago

Given the focus on negativity and long never ending discussions about such... I wanted to add this.

THANK YOU PINSIDE

I have been on this forum for some years- hardly an old timer compared to some but no longer close to new. Just wanted to say thank you Pinside.

Much of what I know about pinball I started to learn here.

I have had incredible support and generosity offered to me whenever I have needed help, looked for a part, or even shared a few sketchy ideas that are still marinating and kicking around.

You know who I am talking about- to all the true pinball people- thanks.

#2 2 years ago

This is something we don't hear often enough. Thanks for sharing

#3 2 years ago
    Quoted from rufessor:

Given the focus on negativity and long never ending discussions about such... I wanted to add this.
    THANK YOU PINSIDE
    I have been on this forum for some years- hardly an old timer compared to some but no longer close to new. Just wanted to say thank you Pinside.
    I have had incredible support and generosity offered to me whenever I have needed help, looked for a part, or even shared a few sketchy ideas that are still marinating and kicking around.

+1 to this!!
    It seems some people need a definition of how to act on pinside. It doesnt seem hard to figure out. Its just common sense. Treat everyone how you would like to be treated. Heated debates are fine and it seem like most people can do it without much of a problem, but if you have to start personally attacking someone to win your debate then dont even post in the first place.

This is the only social media i use and i dont want to see it turned into a group of bickering highschoolers like other social media seems to be.

Thanks pinside! You help me get through my day at work!!!

#4 2 years ago

This thread reminded me I needed to donate!

#5 2 years ago

The longer that I've been in pinball, the more I realize how small this community is and how great most people are here.

Pinside has been so great to me, I've learned so much, I've met many interesting people, and the moderators are always top notch.

Everyday this site gets better.

Thank you all.

#6 2 years ago

I agree with this post.

I like good news and Pinside is really good news for pinball.

Moderators, keep up the good work !

Bud

#7 2 years ago

+1,000,000

I keep coming here because of the positive and HELPFUL people who realize we are all in this together. I don't have time for the negativity and fear mongering.

...Couldn't help but think of this when I saw the title... lol:

#8 2 years ago

Absolutely - pinside has been an invaluable resource for me as I've begun collecting pins. Whether it's looking for cool mods, reading up on rumors for upcoming machines, getting advice for tech problems, sharing alt sound packages, or buying and selling machines and parts, pinside has it all. I'm not even sure I would have been able to get into pinball without pinside there to help.

#9 2 years ago

Ass kisser.

#10 2 years ago

I love Beelzeboob! Always good for a little help or a chuckle. He needs to stop talking about his festool and making me jealous-- I want one now and its putting my marriage at risk.

He will however have to accept a meager smooch No ass kissing here!

#11 2 years ago

Agreed! I have learned so much from pinside members.

Especially from the STTNG group of folks. Geniuses, I tell ya.

#12 2 years ago

Thank you pinball and pinballers

#13 2 years ago

A positive thread....Nice!

My only complaint about Pinside is that I spend far more time on it than actually playing pinball.

A big to Robin & the mods.

#14 2 years ago

Got me out of a jam more than once.

Thanks, and keep up the good work!

#15 2 years ago

I've got to add my two cents. This place rocks.

#16 2 years ago

Pinside is a great forum so thank you to all who make it possible.

have-a-nice-day-smiley-face- (resized).jpeg

#17 2 years ago
    Quoted from rufessor:

THANK YOU PINSIDE

You're SO getting purged

#18 2 years ago

It has its moments.

I do miss the balance RGP provided - the fights, the trolling, and the anal collector types, but you also had very experienced and enthusiastic tech discussion which really is missing here.

#19 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It has its moments.
    I do miss the balance RGP provided - the fights, the trolling, and the anal collector types, but you also had very experienced and enthusiastic tech discussion which really is missing here.

RGP used to be awesome. Now you go over there and it's mostly a handful of old guys ripping on Pinside. That and some random person asking if "X" game that was listed for sale 4 years ago is still available. Still enough good content there that I check in now and then.

#20 2 years ago

Pinside is awesome because it enables me to be around many like minded people who share my love, addiction, sickness, obsession with pinball and all things related to it. I think most all of us here must share some brain anomaly or something that makes us think about pinball 24/7
    Thanks for this awesome place Robin!

#21 2 years ago
    Quoted from rufessor:

THANK YOU PINSIDE

Love the thread, but if you feel this way you should donate! I noticed you don't have a red heart. It's the best way to support this awesome forum!

#22 2 years ago

I was thinking that. I took a look at the other recent threads, but just moved on from that. I have seen some strange stuff here and there, but I ignore it and move on, just like on other internet forums, I leave all the arguing to others.

I just got my first pinball machine not long ago, and joined Pinside. And this is what I have experienced:

- Right away, my first machine broke! And a number of people posted and did all they could to help me fix it. And I did fix it, thanks to their help.

- After I got to know one specific type of machine really well by playing around with it, I was able to jump in and help some others with similar machines who were having problems, and they got their problems fixed, and were happy, and thanked everyone for helping them. How cool is that???

- I got another machine that had a broken relay piece that wasn't available anywhere, and a Pinsider had one in their stash and sent it to me for the cost of postage! And it fixed the problem.

- I didn't know jack squat about working on pinball machines and asked all sorts of dumbass questions, and everyone replied politely and with encouragement and helped me out.

- I explored more and read countless how-to threads by Vid and others and learned so much about pinball machines and how to work on them and restore them that I can hardly believe it. The efforts to post all of the information with pictures takes a lot of work, and I appreciate it.

- I connected with a local Pinsider and bought an entire frickin pinball machine for $150. Granted it was a bit beat up and needed work, but that is why I wanted it! So I can have fun learning how to fix it up.

- I connected with a local Pinsider and bought from him a really nice example of one of my dream machines at a good price.

- I read threads about things other than pinball and realized this place is filled with people who like the same stuff I do.

- I like good clean jokes and have found so many people here that have a good sense of humor. I like dirty jokes too, but I prefer to steer clear of posting them on public places. But I am ok with others who post such even if it might be inappropriate for some.

- I have met some really nice people offline via private messaging and such.

- I have seen time and again an amazing commitment by so many of the people here to do whatever it takes to keep a single pinball machine alive and working. I appreciate this because yes I like pinball too, but I also think that the machines stand on their own as artwork from the past.

OK that's it, carry on, nothing to see here....

#23 2 years ago

I love pinside also - some of the threads are hilarious -
    My wife thinks I've got some sort of weird addiction to Pinside!

Good work guys!
    Neil

#24 2 years ago

What I love about pinside:

-The restoration threads from the noob and the pros. It is fun to see what and how people do things
    -The Minions thread. Nothing better than 3 obviously good friends having lots of fun making their own game and sharing with us all.
    -The "dont be a dick" threads. Honestly they can be entertaining, teach us to not be a dick, and also remind you that even if things get heated online we can all still hang out in real life and have some fun with pinball.
    -The club threads. I enjoy both the regional threads and the game specific threads. A great thing that kind of organically happened and I find very useful.
    -The fun buy/sell threads. There will always be some controversay on price, pricing, etc. They can be damn entertaining and even when they get heated it is still a stinking pinball machine we are all talking about.

There are more, but these are what make Pinside cool and a fun place to waste my time.

#25 2 years ago

My favorite place to visit and I come here multiple times a day. I've learned most of what I know about pinball from here, and I really enjoy helping folks fix their games and watching others restore their games. It's amazing to see the passion and collective intelligence.

Marc

#26 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZenTron:

This thread reminded me I needed to donate!

Amen. Turned my gray heart back to red earlier today.

#27 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I wonder if that has to do with the "new breed" of collectors...back in the RGP days we bought all the junk and fixed it ourselves...the new collectors are buying our fixed games and NIB...so their tech issues are minor, or they pay a tech to come do it for them rather than tinkering themselves. For those who do their own repairs, there are so many resources and guides out there - sometimes you don't have to ask...the answers are there.

#28 2 years ago

Just donated because pinside is awesome....

#29 2 years ago

seal-of-approval (resized).jpg

#30 2 years ago

Yup, Pinside is chock full of heady goodness !! ...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Magical Productions
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 49.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 44.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 129.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 16.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    € 339.00
    Displays
    GermanGamingSupplies.com
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 9.90
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside