(Topic ID: 19351)

Pinside iPhone app?

By ChadH

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

33957218.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

I thought I read somewhere that there was a Pinside iPhone/iPad app in the works?

Dream?

#2 11 years ago

I think it has been mentioned in the past, at least...

#3 11 years ago

anyway to Tapatalk?

#4 11 years ago

That would be awesome. On iPhone the site looks pretty spiffy but there is some broken functionality. Especially with regards to uploading images. Doing some mobile QA and bug fixes would be a great step.

#5 11 years ago

I find mobile versions of the sites annoying. Pinside works very well in safari. If you want to be able to upload images there as well, jailbreak and install the safari uploaded tweak.

#6 11 years ago

The iframes are all messed up too. Nearly impossible to add or update a location on the go. I think the map should be a major part of the functionality if there was ever an app.

#7 11 years ago

Chrome for ios seems to work a little better the safari. I remembers the unread count correctly after returning the the post list after reading a post. And the iframe handling seems better.

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from ChadH:

I thought I read somewhere that there was a Pinside iPhone/iPad app in the works?

Dream?

No, no dream. We are seriously looking into it. However, as it will take a lot of time to create such an app, we're not sure yet if we can fit it into our schedule and if it will be worth investing all this time in. And if we're going to do an app, we want it to add some unique features to the table and not just be a translation of the current site. So we're looking into ways to make use of the unique features of smart phones with regards to Pinside and pinball in general. To be continued (I hope).

#9 11 years ago

ROOOBBBIIINNN!!!

#10 11 years ago

I have been using my phone only for Pinside for the last few days traveling. The map is the only thing that has given me trouble. I was wanting to see who I was traveling near.

#11 11 years ago

I use my phone and iPad all the time, but can't upload photos

#12 11 years ago

Tapatalk compatibility would be awesome for browsing the forum.

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from ovfdfireman:

I use my phone and iPad all the time, but can't upload photos

See Below

Quoted from markmon:

If you want to be able to upload images there as well, jailbreak and install the safari uploaded tweak.

#14 11 years ago

I'm all for it!!

11 months later
    #15 10 years ago

I can't get the map to work at all on my iPhone. This would be nice while out searching while traveling. Any solutions?

#16 10 years ago

OMG another year old thread resurrected

3 months later
    #17 10 years ago
    Quoted from zippypinhead:

I can't get the map to work at all on my iPhone.

Quoted from Pinchroma:

OMG another year old thread resurrected

Dont blame me, was another Zippy

33957218.jpg33957218.jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-iphone-app and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.