"Pinside Immortals and Moderators" bring down Predator?

By Barron

3 years ago

Stats

• 34 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by robin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 8 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

886.gif
in_before_the_lock_4.jpg
tumblr_mrpeprCayg1rxkblho7_250.gif
rUumI0j.gif
image.jpg
image.jpg
lock.gif
image.jpg

This topic is closed.

#1 3 years ago

https://predatorpinball.wordpress.com/

I'm just catching up on all of this but this is truly disheartening to me as a guy who frequents this forum. Pinside had a hand in bringing down a once "stickied" Predator project? Can someone tell me who these people were? It seemed like Kevin had the best intentions with his project, licensed or not.

#2 3 years ago

This should go well....
image.jpg

#3 3 years ago

Yes, bring on the thumbs down. I just want more info. You can't just "anonymously" post and mention a highly-frequented forum without any questions.

They didn't say the were "pinball addicts", after all.

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

This should go well....

Probably not, but should we not discuss who these guy are in a completely separate thread? They attributed PINSIDE titles to themselves.

#5 3 years ago

In before the lock

#6 3 years ago

I linked the game to the thread for you.

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from Barron:

You can't just "anonymously" post and mention a highly-frequented forum without any questions.

You can't just post flame bait and pretend this isn't on the front page of Pinside:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion

#8 3 years ago

You're throwing out a wild accusation as a way to "get more info"? Good luck with that.

#9 3 years ago

I'm just curious with a small attention span. I want to know who these "moderators and immortals" are?

#10 3 years ago

Can we do Phil-Gate instead? - Put up a poll.

#11 3 years ago

That one was more obvious to me. This one has a little more nastiness to it.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

You're throwing out a wild accusation as a way to "get more info"? Good luck with that.

I mean, they said Pinside Immortals and Moderators. I don't have the time to wade through 7000 posts. The Wordpress made me nauseous, though. Is that were we're at in this hobby?

#13 3 years ago

lock.gif
#15 3 years ago

#16 3 years ago

dang v-chip

#17 3 years ago

image.jpg

rUumI0j.gif
#18 3 years ago
Quoted from Barron:

https://predatorpinball.wordpress.com/
I'm just catching up on all of this but this is truly disheartening to me as a guy who frequents this forum. Pinside had a hand in bringing down a once "stickied" Predator project? Can someone tell me who these people were? It seemed like Kevin had the best intentions with his project, licensed or not.

The Pinside community as a whole had little to do with the situation--I'm guessing the writer of the article was simply indicating a few individuals who visit pinside regularly. A few individuals took it upon themselves to check up on claims of the game being licensed. As it turned out, it wasn't. Skit-B was served C&D letters by the license holder, and things started to fall apart at that point as more and more people became privy to the situation.

Whomever took it upon themselves to investigate the license issue doesn't really matter all that much.

Disclaimer: I have no stake in the matter one way or another. It's a hot topic in the pinball world, and I simply can't help seeing all the information spilling out about this on various sites, and all the threads on pinside. It's not hard to find out what's happening at this point.

#19 3 years ago

I know, I know. Tough competition. But why insert those credentials in that blog post? How does everyone with said title feel about being associated with that kind of thing? Of all that nauseating content, that's what struck me the most. This is a site that I read all of the time & these are the people who post all of the time (immortals) and those who edit the content (moderators). I want to know who they are.

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Disclaimer: I have no stake in the matter one way or another. It's a hot topic in the pinball world, and I simply can't help seeing all the information spilling out about this on various sites, and all the threads on pinside. It's not hard to find out what's happening at this point.

Same. I simply wanted a discussion as to who "Anonymous Insiders" were. I mean, I've seen every episode of pretty much every Forensic Files, New Detectives, etc. It's how my mind works; it's what I like.

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from Barron:

I want to know who they are.

» YouTube video

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from Barron:

I know, I know. Tough competition. But why insert those credentials in that blog post? How does everyone with said title feel about being associated with that kind of thing? Of all that nauseating content, that's what struck me the most. This is a site that I read all of the time & these are the people who post all of the time (immortals) and those who edit the content (moderators). I want to know who they are.

At the end of the day, it's just a blog post. Try not to take it personally or get worked up too much about it. Pinside is a big kahuna in the pinball world, so there's always going to be potshots and name drops.

I doubt someone who wants to remain anonymous is going to out themselves just because someone on a forum thread tries to bait them into doing so. Unless they have a big ego, there really is no benefit to them for doing so.

Yes, a Predator pin would've been cool to see, but at this point, I think many of us have come to expect a certain degree of uncertainty in the area of boutique pinball. Most businesses that get started tend to fail within their first 3 years of operation, and pinball is not shielded from that simply because of community enthusiasm.

#23 3 years ago

this is how OP feels about all the predator threads

» YouTube video

#24 3 years ago

I'm the one who did everything bad.

#25 3 years ago

I broke the dam.

tumblr_mrpeprCayg1rxkblho7_250.gif
#26 3 years ago

Predator was doomed to fail, regardless of what anyone from Pinside did. I highly doubt that the anonymous group will be publicly outed, and it doesn't really matter IMO.

Kevin is a complete piece of shit and a liar. This mess is on him.

#27 3 years ago

The AG group have not identified themselves, and there is no public mention.
But if it helps, Lets call them Moe, Larry, and Curly.

The reason for polarization is complicated...its 7000 posts of contain a lot of emotions,
that are not familiar to you. It is a sensitive subject and ongoing for many people.

Part of it is taking two words out of context "pinside immortals and moderators",
from one persons comment doesnt sit very well with what likely from your view might have
been with all good intent..

So it will sit as an open can of worms......

#28 3 years ago

in_before_the_lock_4.jpg

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

You're throwing out a wild accusati
on as a way to "get more info"? Good luck with that.

What's the WILD accusation here? Op seems pretty spot on so far, I'd like to know as well. If people are going to throw grandiose titles on themselves, have the balls to say your name.

#30 3 years ago

Exactly. Its a group of people that are obviously full of themselves.

Reveal yourselves! 6 minute mark.
» YouTube video

#31 3 years ago

Oh please not another Predator thread time waster?

886.gif
#32 3 years ago

I would like to know whom AG is, esp given the harassing emails I have been sent by them and since they attempted to lay all blame on me at one point (appears they have since edited their wordpress blog to be less defamatory).

They are not to blame for the failure of Predator but they are vindictive and at least partially to blame for the loss of MANY peoples money. They sat on the information long enough to specifically ensure many would have the paypal and creditcard chargeback time expire, but they made sure to get their money back first.

#33 3 years ago

When Kaneda gets in before the lock you know mofos are sleeping

#34 3 years ago

Heads up, this is rather annoyed posting.

I have no information whatsoever that any Pinside moderators are involved in AG. We (the mods and I) have been discussing the topic a lot behind the scenes (especially since four of us were partially or fully paid in on the game).

Look, I think this whole situation is bad for pinball, bad for Pinside and hell, it's even pretty friggin' bad for me personally (as I am also out of $4750). Starting another thread with wild speculation and even accusations is not adding anything and is not getting anyone any closer to getting their prepayments back. It's only leading to more bitching and fighting and frustration and disinformation etc.

I'm pretty much done with the whole Predator situation, so until anything new comes to light (like a refund) all Predator discussion is to be held in the big trainwreck thread that can be easily drained out of sight. New threads such as this one serve no purpose other than stirring a pot of rotten soup. From now on any Predator thread that does not add anything useful to the pre-order people will be closed.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.99
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Boards
German-Pinball-Modular
$ 14.99
Hardware
Chroma Pinball
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 6.00
$ 27.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
£ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
$ 989.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 239.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 209.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 18.95
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside