Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 80 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by PINBELL
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CAX_12_026.jpg
    pinsideid.png
    i_club_seals_tshirt-rb81f4567176f40e0a.jpg
    pinsideid.png
    There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 11 years ago

In order to help Pinsiders find other Pinsiders at shows, it'd be cool if a lanyard template/pdf were automatically generated and included somewhere in My Pinside...just a little printer-friendly card with the Pinside logo, my Avatar, my screen name, my real name (optional), and a little text blurb (optional). Maybe some other stuff, too.

pinsideid.pngpinsideid.png

#3 11 years ago

I like the ID idea! After the last Texas Pinball Festival, I learned that many other Pinsiders were there, but they didn't look enough like their avatars to be absolutely sure who they were.

#4 11 years ago

The Pinside ID's are BRILLIANT!!!!

#5 11 years ago

I love it, and I'm guessing robin will too!

#6 11 years ago

pinside tshirt also works? Of course it would be nice to have a choice of clothing and still show your a pinside member, maybe Robin needs to work on pinside hats?

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

maybe Robin needs to work on pinside hats?

Pinside trucker hats would be cool.

#8 11 years ago

How about a silver skull cap? Then you would really be a pinhead.

#9 11 years ago

This is good. I like this. Definitely a continuation of our discussion from that other thread. This makes us look quite official, too.

Looks pretty straight forward. If we could come up with a standardized layout/design, then each of us would be on our own to go get it printed/laminated.

I still like the idea of a Pinside t-shirt to help raise money for the site, though. We could have a little design competition, have a final vote and everything.

#10 11 years ago

Great idea

#11 11 years ago

Someone post a link to a cool lanyard/holder for the ID Card.

#12 11 years ago

I just use the free ones that the Military recruiters give out. Most collages have them too.

#14 11 years ago

It's sad I like it....really

We are nerds.....matching pinside badges are now cool

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from aingide:

In order to help Pinsiders find other Pinsiders at shows, it'd be cool if a lanyard template/pdf were automatically generated and included somewhere in My Pinside...just a little printer-friendly card with the Pinside logo, my Avatar, my screen name, my real name (optional), and a little text blurb (optional). Maybe some other stuff, too.

ROBIN.... what do you think? Is this possible? pinsideid.pngpinsideid.png

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from ovfdfireman:

LMAO!!! +1000

#17 11 years ago

The id card idea is brilliant. I do think I look like my avatar tho.

#18 11 years ago

I agree w/ ovfd, ....we've reached a new low.
    A great design for a cool Pinside t-shirt may be the only saving grace.
    I've got over 50 t-shirts w/ a wide varity of stuff printed on them, so I'd have to admit I'm a t-shirt guy. I'd probably be up for a cool Pinside t-shirt.

#19 11 years ago

I like it!!

#20 11 years ago

Bonus, It gives you a backstage pass to all the pinball shows. Unfortunately, all that means is you get to go out back where the dumpsters are.

#21 11 years ago

Bonus, It gives you a backstage pass to all the pinball shows. Unfortunately, all that means is you get to go out back where the dumpsters are.

And the ATPDs.

CAX_12_026.jpgCAX_12_026.jpg

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from ovfdfireman:

Real nerds would have Pinside pocket protectors.

#23 11 years ago

I am gonna strap one of toppers to my back.

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from Cliffy:

All Terrain Pinball Dolly? Nice

Originally built by the Banana Splits, you need that bad Larry when moving pins across the delta.

#27 11 years ago

I notice in the background a stairclimbing dolly-I have one like that but it does not have the attachment with the small wheels for it to lean back on/help with stair climbing. Got a link?

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from tracelifter:

Originally built by the Banana Splits

Uh oh! Chongo!

#29 11 years ago
    Quoted from rommy:

I have one like that but it does not have the attachment with the small wheels for it to lean back on/help with stair climbing

That's just a regular ol' appliance dolly. Made for moving refrigerators, mostly. The pop out small wheels have nada to do with stairs.

#30 11 years ago
    Quoted from Cliffy:

That's just a regular ol' appliance dolly. Made for moving refrigerators, mostly. The pop out small wheels have nada to do with stairs.

And the small wheels are a major pain on anything but a hard surface like concrete. Stay off of ground or hot asphalt.

LTG

#31 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinwillie:

ROBIN.... what do you think? Is this possible?

Looks really awesome. Nice mockup too, I can use this 1 on 1!

I think this can be done but I have to dive into it (pdf creator etc). If anyone here on the board would like to help program this, let me know! We're running on php.

Cheers, great idea!

#32 11 years ago

Try FPDF. It's free, PHP-based, and could easily do these badges.
    That said, I think I'll have a go at it.
    Where would the real name/text blurb go? Looks like the basic ID card is full enough already.

#33 11 years ago

Real Name on top of the Icon area.

Easy to see and quick to look at

#34 11 years ago

Nice work! I love to see people present a problem with the useable solution. That is the way it should always be.

There was a thread a while back where someone was talking about making Pinside lanyards, anybody know if this ever got done? The general consensus was blue with withe letters I believe.

#35 11 years ago

I would rather it just stated my username. I can always say, "Hi, I'm Dan."

#36 11 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

I would rather it just stated my username. I can always say, "Hi, I'm Dan."

Yeah, in the mockup I left off the real name for that reason. Maybe you could swap username with real name? Or show both on the same line if you want both: "John Doe (jdo)"

#37 11 years ago

Then there should be a small form panel, perhaps with checkboxes for "Use my real name" and "Use my quote" for that. Hmm. This is getting interesting.

Okay. White background. Blue line. Yellowish square underneath. Black panel in the middle of that. I got the font file and the PinSide logo. Now I just need the other GFX elements and I'm done!

But first, I need to take some pictures of the game rooms to post up here!

#38 11 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Looks really awesome. Nice mockup too, I can use this 1 on 1!
    I think this can be done but I have to dive into it (pdf creator etc). If anyone here on the board would like to help program this, let me know! We're running on php.
    Cheers, great idea!

I'll program it robin. What version of php? 5.2 or 5.3. Do you have zend? Can you send me the query / URL (webservice) for avatar lookup?

Post edited by alexlevy

Actually the avatar is easy to get. I'll parse it from the site user info page. What font are you using for The initials? Im on my phone so I can't check the CSS

#39 11 years ago

Better than a fanny pack

#40 11 years ago

Great idea

#41 11 years ago

Nevermind robin.. i grabbed it from the CSS. dotsround squirrel.

#43 11 years ago

Sorry, I'm kind of occupied this week and not so much on the Pinside as I would like to!

I would like one easy to implement php function which takes the needed parameters and generates the pdf. If needed, I can install modules (but only from apt, no custom built stuff)

I love the mock up interface from post 1 and will program that as soon as I get a working PDF-generating function!

I can send you the Pinside Logo in high-res PNG or as an EPS/AI/PDF file for ultimate sharpness. Simply PM me with your e-mail address.

Alex, I PM'ed you our server specs.

Aingide, could you send me the files you used to create that mockup?

#44 11 years ago

It's gotta be more challenging trying to find seals to club in Lansing, KS than in Alaska.

#45 11 years ago
    Quoted from Cliffy:

Uh oh! Chongo!

That certainly brought back some Saturday morning memories...!

#46 11 years ago

But would do you do if you're not named "Dan" then?

Please have this done before October!!!!!??????????????

#47 11 years ago

Might have to change my name to Bambi Shooter.

#48 11 years ago

great idea guys, we are now officially dorks....WAY TO GO fellas!

#49 11 years ago
    Quoted from islandpinball:

we are now officially dorks

I am just glad you apparently didn't think we were before!

#50 11 years ago

Gorilla + dork = Gork
    Not to be confused w/ Mork (& Mindy).

There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-identity-card-for-shows and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.