(Topic ID: 202252)

Pinside I come to you for advice on Pins! (again)

By waspinat0r

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider waspinat0r.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Guys,

As some of you know, I recently sold my Baywatch because I was looking to purchase the new GotG pin (I have faith in Borg + Ropp, plus my son (me too) really wants it.) However, a couple of days ago, he informs me that he would just like to have a machine with good music AND/OR superheroes, period. So I guess I went from 2 pins to 0 pins for no real reason, because Baywatch had awesome music, he just didn't appreciate it.

Anyhoo, my conundrum is this. I'm now within a budget of about 5600 or so to either wait it out and get my fix via TPA and still get a GotG if it's as impressive as I'm hoping it will be, or I could take that money and buy other pins. I'm a huge fan of fast, flowy type games. Some of the games I've never owned which I still want to try I have in my wishlist. I have played Star Trek and I love it, but I still need to try games like Metallica(which I think he'd enjoy, might have to turn off the vulgar language while he's visiting, though) and things like that. I'd prefer to buy more than one pin for variety, but I know if I were to choose one "newer" game, it'd be tough to squeeze out of 5600.

I'm certainly not adverse to older games, though.

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from ypurchn:

I think you need to take 10-20% of your budget and plan an overnight trip with the family to Louisville and/or Nashville areas to go play some of the huge arcades that will have 20-50+ pins for you to play and get a better idea of what you want. A lot cheaper to play on route until you figure it all out
    http://www.pinballmap.com is your friend!
    The big one in Nashville is Game Galaxy and Louisville is Recbar. There may be others closer to you, those are just the ones I've found

I'll actually be spending the weekend in Nashville for GOGX this weekend.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider waspinat0r.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-i-come-to-you-for-advice-on-pins-again?tu=waspinat0r and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.