Topic Stats

• 165 posts
  • 117 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by 10pingrn
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-995.jpg
Bottom_boys.jpg
image.jpg

There are 165 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 6 years ago

778 in Canada beside 778 WOZLE

#52 6 years ago

Hobbit #87 to go with WOZ #87

#53 6 years ago

I've always been firm on the opinion that I'd "never buy a pin without playing it first". I held off on WOZ until I'd played it at TPF. Then, when one popped up available in Omaha, I snagged it. I'm impressed enough with it that I'm going against almost 20 years of tradition.

The Hobbit LE, #681, purchased July 31st.

#54 6 years ago

I have two WOZECLE and two Hobbit LE's as well. I got the same numbers I think.

Chris

#55 6 years ago

#81 Hobbit and #81 Woz!

#56 6 years ago

81 and no Woz yet ice

#57 6 years ago

#137 Hobbit along with #137 Wozle "hopefully shipping this week to LCP".

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

81 and no Woz yet ice

Nope, coming soon though, invoice # coming up.....

#59 6 years ago

#99 ordered Nov 29, 2012
No way this machine will be out next July....

#61 6 years ago

#600 THLE sitting beside #600 WOZLE in Toronto.

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

#99 ordered Nov 29, 2012
No way this machine will be out next July....

Yours won't be now!!

LOL

#63 6 years ago

Won't it be linked to the release of the final film? I can't see the studio letting Jack have scenes on the monitor that are from an unreleased film. Or maybe the pin comes out before the film and then Jack updates the software with final film clips when the film is released. Just guessing.

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I can't see the studio letting Jack have scenes on the monitor that are from an unreleased film.

yep, I see this as being an issue. Lets hope they get the full breadth of the 3rd film in there and not just snippets from trailers the studio lets them use. I have seen this happen on stern games "only trailer footage" since its so early.

#65 6 years ago

Ordered my Hobbit today because of my overall happiness with WOZ, I am #746

#66 6 years ago

I ordered one a few months ago. Played WOZ and was impressed with build quality but not a fan of the theme.

#67 6 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

I am in on #152 and hoping for a very interactive Smaug. I would love to see some animatronics.

I hope you are happy with the toy reveal so far! Just wait for more!

#68 6 years ago

I'm in, the theme works for me and the layout looks more to my liking as well. Didn't request a number.

#69 6 years ago

Hobbit LE #298, sitting next to LotR LE and WOZ LE #298.

#70 6 years ago

The Hobbit LE #848 will be a companion to WOZECLE #848.

#71 6 years ago

Are you guys ordering direct from JJP?
Is their an advantage be it WOZ or THLE to order from JJP vs a Dist?

#72 6 years ago

THLE #795! Ordering a Hobbit after seeing the full playfield and seeing what JJP has done with WOZ.

#73 6 years ago

there is a definite

Quoted from Concretehardt:Are you guys ordering direct from JJP?

there is a definite advantage to JJP if you order direct, no distributor discount. If your distributor is close by I am guessing you may save in shipping costs as well as get on the list earlier as long as that distributor has kept up with the payment schedule as per JJP"s new rules. Im supporting JJP and trying to help give them the best possible chance of surviving and getting this company off the ground. Really up to you!

#74 6 years ago

#1234 here. Purchased like the first week or two of the preorder announcement.

#75 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Are you guys ordering direct from JJP?

Chris from Kingpin games will give you a 10% discount on any parts your order from him if you get a machine through him.

#76 6 years ago

#654. So excited for this and the next two movies. If you didn't see the first one in HFR do yourself a favor and see the second one in this format. I have never been blown away like this from a movie ever. Can't wait for 60 FPS to become the standard.

#77 6 years ago
Quoted from RogerKlotz27:

#654. So excited for this and the next two movies. If you didn't see the first one in HFR do yourself a favor and see the second one in this format. I have never been blown away like this from a movie ever. Can't wait for 60 FPS to become the standard.

60FPS was great for the action scenes, but it blew for the slow closeup indoor scenes. There it gave a serious Soap Opera Effect. Felt like video and ripped me right out of the experience. Luckily I saw it in 32fps first or I would have been pissed. The best approach going forward is a hybrid 60FPS for action and 32FPS for the rest to give that movie "atmosphere" to the head shots and close ups. I think the studios are already pursuing this approach.

#78 6 years ago
Quoted from heckheck:

60FPS was great for the action scenes, but it blew for the slow closeup indoor scenes. There it gave a serious Soap Opera Effect. Felt like video and ripped me right out of the experience. Luckily I saw it in 32fps first or I would have been pissed. The best approach going forward is a hybrid 60FPS for action and 32FPS for the rest to give that movie "atmosphere" to the head shots and close ups. I think the studios are already pursuing this approach.

This and the other two were shot in 48 FPS. 60 FPS will most likely be introduced with Avatar 2. I have heard a lot of people bring up this soap opera effect and I didn't notice it at all. The 3d really popped.

#79 6 years ago

I was really excited for the hobbit pin because I absolutly love the lord of the rings trilogy.
Finally watched the hobbit last night and man was this movie bad.
attempts at humor that completely failed, scenes that went on forever, scenes added that where not in the book that added nothing to the story, but worst of all the action scenes.

The movie never gave me the idea that that lead characters where in danger and you knew they wouldn't get so much as a schratch even of they fall down 40 meters.
The big action scene near the end in the cave was the worst, that was more slapstick than serious action.

Luckily bad movies can lead to great pinball (I am looking at you congo and the shadow

#80 6 years ago

Did not like the movie ether. But so far i like what ive seen of the pinball. The theme can still be great if the movies turn out bad.

#81 6 years ago

Just ordered mine from Chris at Kingpin, an awesome distributor to work with and I'm locked in at #1055. I know this is gonna be a loooong wait, but I'm one of those weirdos that like looking forward to big purchases and vacations and enjoy the anticipation. (and the money was earning me less than a buck a month in my savings account with today's rates so no biggie tying my money up for awhile.) Can't wait for fugure releases to see how Smaug is going to be involved in this one.

#82 6 years ago
Quoted from Chuckie:

Luckily bad movies can lead to great pinball (I am looking at you congo and The Shadow

....don't forget about the Flintstones movie

#84 6 years ago

#70 LE to go with my #70 LE Woz.

#85 6 years ago

#456 LE ordered thru Kingpin to end up with my WOZ LE #456 in the gameroom.........someday

#86 6 years ago

And DM...the list goes on!

#87 6 years ago

I ordered via doughslingers. Very nice guy and easy to work with.

#88 6 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

....don't forget about the Flintstones movie

Hey I like that movie! Well, sans Rosie. And yes the pinball is really fun, would like to have one in HUO condition someday.

I'm a tentative pre-order, that is to say I'm in for now. Thought the Hobbit movie was horrible but it's a great theme since I like the LOTR movies and music.

#89 6 years ago

#1207 Going to Norway

#90 6 years ago

No WOZ for me, only a hobbit! #1056, but i guess they will be changing #'s soon?

#91 6 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

I hope you are happy with the toy reveal so far! Just wait for more!

I have a feeling Buddy knows more than the rest of us ...

The fact that he ordered more LEs is telling me most of what I need to know, but my curiosity is killing me.

#92 6 years ago

TH #7 will sit next to my WOZLE #1000

#93 6 years ago
Quoted from Monkey:

Hobbit #87 to go with WOZ #87

Same here, but #88!

#94 6 years ago
Quoted from Chuckie:

I was really excited for the hobbit pin because I absolutly love the Lord of the Rings trilogy.
Finally watched the hobbit last night and man was this movie bad.
attempts at humor that completely failed, scenes that went on forever, scenes added that where not in the book that added nothing to the story, but worst of all the action scenes.
The movie never gave me the idea that that lead characters where in danger and you knew they wouldn't get so much as a schratch even of they fall down 40 meters.
The big action scene near the end in the cave was the worst, that was more slapstick than serious action.
Luckily bad movies can lead to great pinball (I am looking at you congo and The Shadow

This is almost exactly how I felt. I love the LOTR trilogy (just look at my game room pictures). They did a great job of making the evil ominous and threatening. There was a gravitas to the whole series.

The Hobbit was slapstick. The youtube video with footage from the Hobbit set to Benny Hill music sums the movie up perfectly. Huge letdown for me.

Having said that, I think JJP can make a very special pin in this case. I am not in for a preorder though. May pic one up down the road, but I will not support JJP's "free business loan" model of business. Indeterminate delays and multiple broken promises do not install the utmost of confidence.

#95 6 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

This is almost exactly how I felt. I love the LOTR trilogy (just look at my game room pictures). They did a great job of making the evil ominous and threatening. There was a gravitas to the whole series.
The Hobbit was slapstick. The youtube video with footage from the Hobbit set to Benny Hill music sums the movie up perfectly. Huge letdown for me.
Having said that, I think JJP can make a very special pin in this case. I am not in for a preorder though. May pic one up down the road, but I will not support JJP's "free business loan" model of business. Indeterminate delays and multiple broken promises do not install the utmost of confidence.

If it wasn't for the way JJP funded WOZ there would be no JJP. Jack himself said a bank wouldn't give him a loan as banks didn't think a new pinball company could survive in this day and age. Jack went to operators and home collectors with basically a Kickstarter funding idea and there's nothing wrong with that. After seeing what JJP has done with WOZ I don't mind doing a preorder again for TH knowing that they can deliver. Also, the payment plan helps a lot when paying for a $7.5k pin.

It took 2-3 years to start a new pinball company from scratch, to design new parts, develop new processes, create an assembly line from scratch, open a factory and probably a thousand other things we haven't even thought of. In that time JJP started building WOZ and now that the foundation is built TH will come along much quicker.

#96 6 years ago

I wonder if the biggest delay for this pin will be waiting for the release of the 3rd movie.
Any one know when the 2nd movie is slated for release?

#97 6 years ago

2nd movie is scheduled for the holidays this year.

#98 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I wonder if the biggest delay for this pin will be waiting for the release of the 3rd movie.
Any one know when the 2nd movie is slated for release?

I have a feeling you're dead on with that. The third movie was pushed out to Christmas of 2014 wasn't it?

Just checked IMDB and they're still showing 17 December 2014 for the third movie. Since the pin will have pieces of the third movie in it (right?) I would imagine they cannot ship until the movie is out. ;(

#99 6 years ago
Quoted from GaryMartin:

I have a feeling you're dead on with that. The third movie was pushed out to Christmas of 2014 wasn't it?
Just checked IMDB and they're still showing 17 December 2014 for the third movie. Since the pin will have pieces of the third movie in it (right?) I would imagine they cannot ship until the movie is out. ;(

Unless Jack puts out a version with video from the first two films in the summer and updates it with a software release in December?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
£ 58.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
$ 27.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 165 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside