0E530017-976F-4BE5-B087-454D79432CB5 (resized).jpeg
split coil (resized).jpg
RZ guitar (resized).jpg
EVH guitar (resized).jpg
RZVH guitars (resized).jpg
livingroomguitars (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider roar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#698 3 years ago

I did not know this thread even existed! Very awesome stuff in here. I've been playing for about 20 years but still would consider myself very much a novice. I love to play but no one likes to listen if you know what I mean . I've posted a couple of pictures of my project in a couple of the Fathom threads but this really seems like the right spot for it.

I've been working with a local luthier for over a year now, getting shut down on and off because of COVID but we are just about at the finish line on my custom build. It has been a fantastic experience taking blocks of wood and turning them into an instrument. I can't recommend it enough to anyone who has the time/skill/money . Working with a true master at their craft has been a great experience and if any of your local luthier's offer a similar class I'd highly recommend it.

A little backstory if you feel like the read... first pinball I ever bought was a Bally Fathom and I did a playfield swap years back with the original pre-CPR Fathom reproduction playfield. I sold the machine years ago but kept the old playfield always wanting to do something with it as it was my first original pinball love. At one point I thought I'd make a coffee table out of it but somewhere along the line I decided I'd like to make a guitar from it. About 6 years ago I met the luthier I'm working with at a local fair where he had a booth setup and took his card but never took the plunge, figuring I wasn't deserving of a custom guitar due to my skill level... Seeing Fender release their Bally Wizard Tele I think really inspired me to pick the project up.

I've got a number of different light sequences built into, selectable by the kill switch pot, it has a microphone built into it and it has some rudimentary tuning built into it that leverages the lights and microphone built in. Due to the limited capabilities of the microphone however it can only so accurate. The microphone also acts as an input to drive the lights as well for some fun effects.

The luthier I'm working with has really enjoyed the project too... so much so I've tracked down some more playfields for him and he is going to work on some more pinball guitars amongst his other builds, so stay tuned for those.

I call her Fathomcaster...

Link to the lights working on the luthier's instagram... https://www.instagram.com/p/CFe_0fgncgW/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

IMG_2194 (resized).jpgIMG_2194 (resized).jpgIMG_2196 (resized).jpgIMG_2196 (resized).jpgIMG_2207 (resized).jpgIMG_2207 (resized).jpg

#701 3 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

Centaur next please!

Yes to this!!! Just need the playfield and the buyer But I'd love to a centaur, so much good artwork to choose on there.

#702 3 years ago

Oh... I also built an amp to go along with the guitar too... from a Trinity Amp Tweed kit... great kits if you haven't heard of them.

I'm still working on the stencilling, haven't gotten quite right yet.

825BFB5D-AE17-459A-B8D9-7DB5E20D384C (1) (resized).jpg825BFB5D-AE17-459A-B8D9-7DB5E20D384C (1) (resized).jpgIMG_1599 (resized).jpgIMG_1599 (resized).jpg
#706 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Russian tubes? Or NOS?

I don’t know enough them I’m afraid... yellow box tubes and one black box

Preamp Tubes Included: 1-12AX7; 1-12AY7 ((JJ, EH)
Power Tubes Included: 2 – 6V6 (JJ)
Rectifier Tube Included: 5Y3 (JJ. Sovtek)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider roar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-guitar-players-and-guitar-stuff-needs-more-vid?tu=roar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.