0E530017-976F-4BE5-B087-454D79432CB5 (resized).jpeg
split coil (resized).jpg
RZ guitar (resized).jpg
EVH guitar (resized).jpg
RZVH guitars (resized).jpg
livingroomguitars (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
There are 1,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 33.
#1 4 years ago

How about a fresh thread where we can talk about Pinsiders with guitars? With topics such as:

What guitars and associated equipment do you have?

Pics of cool guitar stuff just left and right.

What kinds of music do you play?

Who plays in a band or professionally?

Who has some guitar Youtube videos?

Guitar buying advice, playing advice, lessons, etc?

Also there is lots of pinball that is associated with guitars.

And just anything guitar that goes to 11.

WHY?!?!

Because coronavirus, f-you I am tired of you and getting bored.

Because there are lots of guitar players on Pinside and it should be interesting to share.

Because I'm too lazy to go find and join another forum somewhere that's just about guitars.

Of course there are various similar posts already, but these all seem to be old. We had a lot of good stuff in Vid's post about the $799 Stratocaster sale, but that one has petered out. Plus that thread was more focused on just that one guitar.

And if Vid ever comes back, it would be great because he knows guitar stuff like he knows pinball stuff.

#2 4 years ago

Playing on the baby taylor and the evh today. Few more in the basement.

72FFFD21-DAB1-4843-9C89-41A5F899ABE5 (resized).jpeg72FFFD21-DAB1-4843-9C89-41A5F899ABE5 (resized).jpeg
#3 4 years ago

I will fearlessly make the first post (whoops CC beat me!), I have been organizing, cleaning up, and finalizing my pedal board while locked inside hiding from the covids.

The board is a Donner Pedal Board DB-3. Pics show what everything is and how its connected.

pedal board Donner DB-3 top 2020-03 (resized).jpgpedal board Donner DB-3 top 2020-03 (resized).jpg

pedal board bottom 2020-03 (resized).jpgpedal board bottom 2020-03 (resized).jpg

pedal board layout 2020-03 (resized).jpgpedal board layout 2020-03 (resized).jpg

pedal board connections 2020-03 (resized).jpgpedal board connections 2020-03 (resized).jpg

#4 4 years ago

Valley Arts Custom Pro, probably from around 1989-1990. Rosewood neck, Floyd Rose, EMG pickups, single volume knob, 5-way switch, strings are 9s.

Guitar Valley Arts California Pro 5 (resized).jpgGuitar Valley Arts California Pro 5 (resized).jpg

#5 4 years ago

My friend just put out a guitar based record. Pinball collector for years but not on Pinside.

Band is called Steakhouse.

It is on Itunes, Amazon, Spotify etc etc There is another band named Steakhouse who had a record out a few years ago so make sure you check out the correct 2020 release with the painted bull logo.

https://www.amazon.com/Steakhouse/dp/B085LVTXG3/ref=sr_1_10

#6 4 years ago

double post

#7 4 years ago

I'm mostly an electric guitar player, but I like guitar-like instruments with different sounds and tuning...just got this Bolivian charango to mess with. It's somewhere between a mandolin and a ukelele, 10 strings.

BolivianCharango (resized).jpgBolivianCharango (resized).jpg
#8 4 years ago

These are my main go-to guitars...2012 Gibson Les Paul Jr. Custom Shop, 2004 Gibson R8 plain top, 1978 Greco Peter Frampton with middle pickup removed. 1955 Valco amp sitting on top of 80s Marshall Lead 20.

PaulsValcoMarshall (resized).jpgPaulsValcoMarshall (resized).jpg
#9 4 years ago

Nice thread!

Here’s my audition video

Guitar in this video is a custom job I had made - mahogany super strat with Bill Lawrence L-500-XL pickups

Right now I’m playing a Washburn “nextar N3” which is the Nuno Bettencourt signature guitar - without his endorsement. It’s the same exact guitar (including the Stephen’s cutaway and the Buzz Feiten fret/tuning layout) as the Korina N4 but about $1300 cheaper. I installed a real steel German Floyd and Bare Knuckle pickups

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Nice thread!
Here’s my audition video

Guitar in this video is a custom job I had made - mahogany super strat with Bill Lawrence L-500-XL pickups
Right now I’m playing a Washburn “nextar N3” which is the Nuno Bettencourt signature guitar - without his endorsement. It’s the same exact guitar (including the Stephen’s cutaway and the Buzz Feiten fret/tuning layout) as the Korina N4 but about $1300 cheaper. I installed a real steel German Floyd and Bare Knuckle pickups

Nice job!

Erotomania was the first really hard song I learned as a guitarist. That final section of arpeggios and scale fragments is thrilling to play/listen to. Petrucci is so good.

#11 4 years ago

2 USA BC Riches, a Warlock neck through and a Mockingbird neck through w/active electronics. Both early 80s vintage. 3 Jackson RRs. A RR5, RR3, and a Professional. Marshall mini stack and a Line 6 amp w/2 12"s. I need to practice more for sure.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Nice job!
Erotomania was the first really hard song I learned as a guitarist. That final section of arpeggios and scale fragments is thrilling to play/listen to. Petrucci is so good.

There are so many feel changes in there and position changes, you really have to concentrate. I like that song in particular because it’s not just a guitar solo - the whole band is doing the changes. Another one of his masterpieces is the extended solo to “To Live Forever”. I really miss the old DT. They’re not really clicking with me any more

I have a couple Satriani videos somewhere too - Surfing with the Alien and Back to Shalla-Bal (from blue dream). Those are fun but you lose the audience unless it’s pretty short

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from pinkid:

2 USA BC Riches, a Warlock neck through and a Mockingbird neck through w/active electronics. Both early 80s vintage. 3 Jackson RRs. A RR5, RR3, and a Professional. Marshall mini stack and a Line 6 amp w/2 12"s. I need to practice more for sure.

I had a custom shop RR a long time ago - one of the best guitars I ever had. HUGE case though! I traded it for something - I can’t remember. An ibanez RG of some sort I think. Took a bath on that one!

#14 4 years ago

I’ve had an online shop since 2011 specializing in smaller boutique builders. Years ago, I had two Iceman shaped bodies built using the side of a KISS cabinet. The necks and hardware were actual Ibanez parts. I wish I would have kept them..

3D0BAD96-7AD1-4850-BA37-E30C25AF798E (resized).jpeg3D0BAD96-7AD1-4850-BA37-E30C25AF798E (resized).jpeg
#15 4 years ago

If I’d get rid of music gear I could have more pinball machines. Nah. There’s got to be a balance! Jam on!

615684EF-D851-4AF3-82B7-71542F77C253 (resized).jpeg615684EF-D851-4AF3-82B7-71542F77C253 (resized).jpegC0DFB716-67EB-4B31-9663-1A5FE16C53C4 (resized).jpegC0DFB716-67EB-4B31-9663-1A5FE16C53C4 (resized).jpegDD19B8CA-4090-4E3F-A8D8-454C2320E6DF (resized).jpegDD19B8CA-4090-4E3F-A8D8-454C2320E6DF (resized).jpeg
#16 4 years ago

I’m actually a bassist by trade. Here’s my “tour” rig. 2 - 8x10 cabinets powered by 2 - SVT4’s. All in road cases. Ready to hit the road once this virus stuff is over. Hopefully soon!

1336A08A-D08D-4CAB-A1ED-684D58C903A6 (resized).jpeg1336A08A-D08D-4CAB-A1ED-684D58C903A6 (resized).jpeg93871E95-2B27-42D3-AE2F-D58341183954 (resized).jpeg93871E95-2B27-42D3-AE2F-D58341183954 (resized).jpeg
#17 4 years ago

Sorry. The cab’s are Ampeg and my basses are 2- Tobias (Killer B’s) and a Fender Black face Precision. Tone tone tone !

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

There are so many feel changes in there and position changes, you really have to concentrate. I like that song in particular because it’s not just a guitar solo - the whole band is doing the changes. Another one of his masterpieces is the extended solo to “To Live Forever”. I really miss the old DT. They’re not really clicking with me any more
I have a couple Satriani videos somewhere too - Surfing with the Alien and Back to Shalla-Bal (from blue dream). Those are fun but you lose the audience unless it’s pretty short

I love the early DT and To Live Forever is a great track. I really like the original live Change of Seasons much better, especially John's solo on it. I still listen to that track all the time.

#19 4 years ago

Here is a MIJ Ibanez RG570. For several years I visited pawn shops everywhere I went to try to get one of these. Usually they have several old Ibanez guitars hanging around, but none like I wanted. Then one random day I walked in a guitar shop and asked if they might have one, and sure enough they pulled this one out. I liked it right away and bought it on the spot.

It has the original Wizard neck and original Edge tremelo. I added Seymour Duncan Invader pickups to the neck to match the older ones that were at the bridge, and a Seymour Duncan YJM Fury in the middle. Got a Plek job on it, and swapped out the tone switch for a kill button. The strings are 9s and the action is set so low there is buzzing all over the place. Its tuned to E flat. This is my favorite guitar to play, it is so smooth and fast and it is awesome for horrendous shredding, noodling, and wanking sounds which are my forte (cover your ears).

This is somewhat of a puzzler for an Ibanez, and I looked at a lot of forums trying to figure out what I got. The features of the body show it to be a RG570 model. But the serial number tag indicates it is from 1987 (Made in Japan). The problem is the RG570 model was not introduced until 1989. Did I get a hacked guitar where someone somewhere along the line swapped the neck/body? When it was being fixed they checked the numbering underneath where the neck bolts on, and sure enough the body was labeled as a 570 and the neck was labeled as 550-R (R=rosewood). The funny thing is, I have since found several of these for sale that seem to have that same neck/body arrangement. There is a bunch of information about Ibanez serial numbers and how they were formatted over the years. Based on some discussions in the Ibanez forums it seems that things may have been "sloppy" at the factory and it would not be unusual for them to grab a neck from a stack that is sitting there that might not match. I also read that there were some early RG570s made in 1988 that easily could have a 1987 neck that they grabbed to put on them.

That is all just for historical interest, it doesn't really matter to me, this thing is awesome and I love playing it. And looking at it.

Ibanez RG570 (resized).jpgIbanez RG570 (resized).jpg

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

I love the early DT and To Live Forever is a great track. I really like the original live Change of Seasons much better, especially John's solo on it. I still listen to that track all the time.

I gotta break that out again - I always remember hating the beginning of the original ACoS, how they do that weird rhythmic intro, and then just go right into (what is now) Part II, but a lot of the rest of the song is the same. No 7-string though!

#21 4 years ago

Takamine acoustics and Fender electrics... got a custom Mexican Tele...

I front a modern country band... RED DIRT REVOLUTION...

We play 70 - 80 shows a year... Here's a link... I'm the long haired guy....

I sing lead, play guitar, keys, mandolin, sax, banjo etc...

Original music is on Spotify

#22 4 years ago

I’ve got birds on my fretboard!

A9F08515-E491-4A06-B523-F8C33735DF93 (resized).pngA9F08515-E491-4A06-B523-F8C33735DF93 (resized).png
#23 4 years ago
Quoted from Lathroum:

Takamine acoustics and Fender electrics... got a custom Mexican Tele...
I front a modern country band... RED DIRT REVOLUTION...
We play 70 - 80 shows a year... Here's a link... I'm the long haired guy....

I sing lead, play guitar, keys, mandolin, sax, banjo etc...
Original music is on Spotify

awesome! I always find it funny when I hear (not necessarily you guys) "modern country", and I'm like "this used to be called Southern rock!"

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

Here is a MIJ Ibanez RG570. I love playing it. And looking at it.

I bet it plays and sounds great, but it's just a black guitar. I want to see the woodgrain in my guitars.

I have nine electrics. My favorite is the '64 Stratocaster my Dad purchased new for me from Hillside Music when I was in high school. We didn't have a lot of money back then and growing up I never owned a bicycle. He gave me my choice of a bicycle or an electric guitar and I wanted that sunburst Stratocaster. I also like my three walnut guitars and the butterscotch blonde reissue Telecaster.
3 sunbursts (resized).jpg3 sunbursts (resized).jpgsunbursts (resized).jpgsunbursts (resized).jpgwalnuts (resized).jpgwalnuts (resized).jpgreissue (resized).jpgreissue (resized).jpgwine red (resized).jpgwine red (resized).jpg
My amps - all purchased new with the Fender covers for them (and always covered when not in use).
black tolex/blackface '65 Fender Bandmaster head with matching 2x12 sealed back cabinet
blonde '93 Fender Vibro King 3x10 combo with matching 2X12 sealed back extension cab
2007 Fender Jazzmaster Ultralight head (solid state) and specific 2ohm 1x12 sealed back cab
3 amps (resized).jpg3 amps (resized).jpgVibro King (resized).jpgVibro King (resized).jpgultralight (resized).jpgultralight (resized).jpg

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

Here is a MIJ Ibanez RG570. For several years I visited pawn shops everywhere I went to try to get one of these. Usually they have several old Ibanez guitars hanging around, but none like I wanted. Then one random day I walked in a guitar shop and asked if they might have one, and sure enough they pulled this one out. I liked it right away and bought it on the spot.
It has the original Wizard neck and original Edge tremelo. I added Seymour Duncan Invader pickups to the neck to match the older ones that were at the bridge, and a Seymour Duncan YJM Fury in the middle. Got a Plek job on it, and swapped out the tone switch for a kill button. The strings are 9s and the action is set so low there is buzzing all over the place. Its tuned to E flat. This is my favorite guitar to play, it is so smooth and fast and it is awesome for horrendous shredding, noodling, and wanking sounds which are my forte (cover your ears).
This is somewhat of a puzzler for an Ibanez, and I looked at a lot of forums trying to figure out what I got. The features of the body show it to be a RG570 model. But the serial number tag indicates it is from 1987 (Made in Japan). The problem is the RG570 model was not introduced until 1989. Did I get a hacked guitar where someone somewhere along the line swapped the neck/body? When it was being fixed they checked the numbering underneath where the neck bolts on, and sure enough the body was labeled as a 570 and the neck was labeled as 550-R (R=rosewood). The funny thing is, I have since found several of these for sale that seem to have that same neck/body arrangement. There is a bunch of information about Ibanez serial numbers and how they were formatted over the years. Based on some discussions in the Ibanez forums it seems that things may have been "sloppy" at the factory and it would not be unusual for them to grab a neck from a stack that is sitting there that might not match. I also read that there were some early RG570s made in 1988 that easily could have a 1987 neck that they grabbed to put on them.
That is all just for historical interest, it doesn't really matter to me, this thing is awesome and I love playing it. And looking at it.
[quoted image]

Just notice the big red button (I assume that's the kill button. Do you play a lot of RAtM?)

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I bet it plays and sounds great, but it's just a black guitar.

I do like all of your guitars, the wood grain look is great.

But....around here.....

guitars 3 black (resized).jpgguitars 3 black (resized).jpg

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Just notice the big red button (I assume that's the kill button. Do you play a lot of RAtM?)

Yes that is the kill button. So far I mostly use it to try to emulate Buckethead. I am NOT Buckethead by any stretch mind you. I just love the sound of that tapping kill button. If you saw my pedal board setup before you might have noticed the old-school Whammy II phase shifter so I am in prime position to play Rage, and I want to get to that sometime because they are one of my favorites. My playing is another long story, suffice it to say I am a hack amateur, but I have fun and I like learning. Right now I am trying to really learn how to play some EVH stuff. The more I go the better I get, but usually it seems like it takes forever for me to learn how to play something new. Once you know it, it seems so easy! But getting there takes so much work. I'm trying to get it so I can play Eruption. It might take a while...

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from Backyardace:

I’ve got birds on my fretboard!

I’ve got spiders and a bat.
This is the latest Kirk Hammett model, I got it on eBay for a song and it happens to be serial number 002.

6034ADC1-81DF-4CE8-AD75-05FCD270404F (resized).jpeg6034ADC1-81DF-4CE8-AD75-05FCD270404F (resized).jpeg
#29 4 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

[quoted image]

550 has a pickguard. I believe the 570 necks were labeled 550, because they are the same other than the pickguard. I'm not sure if all the 550's had maple, mine does. Also an '87.

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

550 has a pickguard. I believe the 570 necks were labeled 550, because they are the same other than the pickguard. I'm not sure if all the 550's had maple, mine does. Also an '87.

Pretty sure that all 550s had a maple neck. The fretboard could vary between maple and rosewood, based on the year and the color.

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Ok, I never thought of that before, and that does make sense. So it would not be unusual to have a 550 neck on a 570. The only thing I still can't figure is why it has a 1987 serial number date when all the reference info says that the 570 didn't start until 1989.

You steered me to some more references. Apparently the 550s would most typically have the maple fretboard, but some could have the rosewood. They could be ordered that way.

Other than the fretboard usually being maple for a 550 and rosewood for a 570 and the pickguard, they are otherwise the same (from what I read).

#32 4 years ago

At least my zombie doesn’t mind when I play!
Also some great songs I have been listening to lately

431F1C41-0AD8-41E0-903B-FF8EAF7CFC6D (resized).jpeg431F1C41-0AD8-41E0-903B-FF8EAF7CFC6D (resized).jpeg7E0AB2EC-269D-487B-9922-FBF81F670A50 (resized).jpeg7E0AB2EC-269D-487B-9922-FBF81F670A50 (resized).jpegA6470307-50D3-48DA-A1A1-80D6E40CD40F (resized).jpegA6470307-50D3-48DA-A1A1-80D6E40CD40F (resized).jpegD0FC636B-7ADA-437E-8AD2-5A40C1D0EA87 (resized).jpegD0FC636B-7ADA-437E-8AD2-5A40C1D0EA87 (resized).jpeg
#33 4 years ago

RJD for life! That Elf record is basically the first Rainbow lineup - without Blackmore... (which is uh, kind of a big deal, but still)

#34 4 years ago

Black swampy water ...that’s where I caught her

#35 4 years ago

Dixie Lee Junction and I’m coming back for you blew me away

#36 4 years ago

I wonder if any guitar players here have tackled the necromancer by Rush. Love to hear it!

#37 4 years ago

Dang, we are working on Subdivisions right now, which is decidedly NOT a hard guitar song, but I play keys and sing in the band as well, so it's an octopus challenge. Our bassist keeps bringing up Necromancer. I'd love to do that!

#38 4 years ago

My Axe lineup (left to right):

2019 Fender Stratocaster Eric Johnson Signature model

2005 PRS Swamp Ash Special (primary)

2000 PRS CE24 (owned since 2003, oldest)

2019 Gibson Les Paul Standard 60s style neck (50s are way too fat for me)

2016 Gibson SG Faded with P90s, added aftermarket pick guard, about as close to Townshend’s Specials of the 70s.

Low line Ibanez bass I’ve had since high school that I love, have a Fender Jazz Bass too not pictured

Amps: 73’ Silverface Twin (blackface modded), 72’ Silverface Pro (blackface modded), Black Star HT Club 40 Mark II

F5B421B3-4003-445F-8B3F-B96ACEBEE3A8 (resized).jpegF5B421B3-4003-445F-8B3F-B96ACEBEE3A8 (resized).jpeg
#39 4 years ago

Is this an all electric guitars and stuff thread?

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from jhanley:

I've been wondering that myself. Lets change it up a little with my main guitar, Yamaha FG335. I bought this guitar 30+ years ago for $100 when it was still in brand new condition. It's just starting to get broken in a little....

John

IMG_0171 (resized).JPGIMG_0171 (resized).JPG
#41 4 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

I've been wondering that myself. Lets change it up a little with my main guitar, Yamaha FG335. I bought this guitar 30+ years ago for $100 when it was still in brand new condition. It's just starting to get broken in a little....
John[quoted image]

This is great. I love the wear, I don't understand the relic look everyone is doing now. You need to earn that! Play it for 30 years!

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from jhanley:

All guitars! We need more acoustic.

I don’t often play acoustic but when I do I play this. Haha no I don’t, I only wish.

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

I will fearlessly make the first post (whoops CC beat me!), I have been organizing, cleaning up, and finalizing my pedal board while locked inside hiding from the covids.
The board is a Donner Pedal Board DB-3. Pics show what everything is and how its connected.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

So many questions! What type of amp are you feeding that into; assuming a Tube (can see the peavey not sure what the other is)? How is line noise? What type of cables are those? Looks like you just have the looper feeding into the Peavy for rhythm and everything else into the other amp?

#44 4 years ago

1952 Martin 00-18.

F3A940C3-2E69-48E4-9E10-B60D6BAE74CB (resized).jpegF3A940C3-2E69-48E4-9E10-B60D6BAE74CB (resized).jpeg
#45 4 years ago
Quoted from jhanley:

1952 Martin 00-18.

I didn't know Ricky Martin designed guitars. Did he play that when recording She Bangs ?

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from Oshara:

So many questions! What type of amp are you feeding that into; assuming a Tube (can see the peavey not sure what the other is)? How is line noise? What type of cables are those? Looks like you just have the looper feeding into the Peavy for rhythm and everything else into the other amp?

Remember I am strictly an amateur, not a pro like so many of the posters here already, so I have stuff that works great for messing around at home, but you would not want to take it out on the road to gig with. A lot of it is cheap stuff, all for fun.

I have the Peavey Envoy 110 solid state amp I bought way back in the 90s, and then the Monoprice 15W tube amp. The Monoprice sounds pretty decent for a cheapo amp, and it has that nice tube sound. Plays loud as hell too if you want. It also has jacks for an effects loop which the Peavy does not. There are lots of Youtube reviews on it.

Line noise isn't too bad. Most of the new pedals have true bypass (at least allegedly) so when they are off they are quiet. The two 90s pedals are pretty noisy, the Metal Zone and the Whammy II. The Whammy II is especially bad if it is turned on, that is why it is switched in and out of the circuit with that Loop-Master pedal. You only want to bring it in when you want to use it (hit the Loop-Master pedal, the light will come on, and your Whammy will be in the chain - prepare to squeal) . The Noise Killer pedal at the end of the chain easily takes care of whatever hiss/noise there is from the whole chain, but you do have to be a little careful with overdoing it as you can cut out some of your desired signal.

For the cables, if you mean on the pedal board, they are a variety of different couplers and cables I got from Donner. It is an interesting puzzle to connect everything up on the pedal board so you have as little cable clutter as possible. For my instrument cables I am using some cloth ones from Monoprice. Again, they are cheap and not for pro use, but they seem to work fine for me.

The Looper has an AB switch so you can use it two ways. You can just send the output to one amp, so if you record a loop and then start playing it, it will come out on that amp and then you can play on top of that. That all works, but it can be difficult to get all the levels right with both signals going to the amp. So the alternative is to connect two amps, you record your loop through the first amp, then when you play the loop you hit the AB switch, now the looper is completely separated from everything else and just playing into that first amp, and the rest of the pedals are connected to the second amp. I think I saw a Paul Gilbert video that had that setup and I thought it was cool, so I made it. Its cheap to do if you already have 2 amps.

I am still playing around with all of the pedals and seeing what cool sounds I get from them. My favorite by far is the Metal Zone, and always has been. It is one of the most hated/loved pedals ever made I think.

However, for no sensible reason whatsoever, I have really been thinking about switching the whole thing out for one of these. It costs a lot of money but man is it ever cool, you can basically just program in whatever sound you want (requires a flat response output to work right).

Anybody here got one of these?

axe-fx-iii-1920-front-white (resized).jpgaxe-fx-iii-1920-front-white (resized).jpg

#47 4 years ago

I've been running the Fractal AX8 through a QSC 12" monitor for awhile now. It's amazing. Not as powerful as the AxeFX, but close enough for me.

https://www.fractalaudio.com/ax8-amp-modeler-multi-effects/
https://www.qsc.com/live-sound/products/loudspeakers/powered-loudspeakers/qsc-k2-seriestm-new/k122/

The 12" QSC may be overkill in your application. I'm running a vocal mix through it as well as the guitar. If it was purely for guitar I may have gone with the 10". This is a lot cheaper than the AxeFx, and has a built in footswitch. You can get the AX8 for about $1200 used, sometimes with some purchased content.

This is what replaced the AX8, I have not used it or know anyone that does, but I'm sure it's great.
https://www.fractalaudio.com/fm3/

#48 4 years ago

I’m a hack that likes to play power chords and crank my amps loud enough to annoy my family and neighbors with tons of feedback, especially through this ‘63 Guild Starfire that my dad bought new back in the day. Nothing feels like playing in front of a dimed tube amp. I need to play more.
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#49 4 years ago

My 95 Taylor 422. When I bought it 24 years ago I carved my initials in it. When my son was born 6 years ago, I carved his.

1585369978221919775766522884989 (resized).jpg1585369978221919775766522884989 (resized).jpg15853699967058502747207221845692 (resized).jpg15853699967058502747207221845692 (resized).jpg
#50 4 years ago
Quoted from smognote:

My 95 Taylor 422. When I bought it 24 years ago I carved my initials in it.
When my son was born 6 years ago, I carved his.

Too bad your guitar is a Taylor. Maybe you should have bought a Carvin.

There are 1,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 33.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-guitar-players-and-guitar-stuff-needs-more-vid?hl=gizzanew and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.