IMG_0797 (resized).jpg
IMG_2182 (resized).jpeg
20240323_120944 (resized).jpg
20240406_140946 (resized).jpg
20240328_163115 (resized).jpg
23091530446-angle-xlarge (resized).jpg
23091530446-front-xlarge (resized).jpg
A6325A15-5129-48FC-B44D-812AEB5D056D (resized).jpeg
There are 1,633 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 33.
#51 4 years ago

This shut down has live entertainment screwed... we lost our gigs (even though we dont play out much) so we are going to record some live stuff and stream it or just share it to Fakebook or something. I have plenty of different instruments but recently have been playing bass so I upped my bass game and bought a wicked Gibson SG and love it.

Screenshot_20200306-144859_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200306-144859_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#52 4 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

Remember I am strictly an amateur, not a pro like so many of the posters here already, so I have stuff that works great for messing around at home, but you would not want to take it out on the road to gig with. A lot of it is cheap stuff, all for fun.
I have the Peavey Envoy 110 solid state amp I bought way back in the 90s, and then the Monoprice 15W tube amp. The Monoprice sounds pretty decent for a cheapo amp, and it has that nice tube sound. Plays loud as hell too if you want. It also has jacks for an effects loop which the Peavy does not. There are lots of Youtube reviews on it.
Line noise isn't too bad. Most of the new pedals have true bypass (at least allegedly) so when they are off they are quiet. The two 90s pedals are pretty noisy, the Metal Zone and the Whammy II. The Whammy II is especially bad if it is turned on, that is why it is switched in and out of the circuit with that Loop-Master pedal. You only want to bring it in when you want to use it (hit the Loop-Master pedal, the light will come on, and your Whammy will be in the chain - prepare to squeal) . The Noise Killer pedal at the end of the chain easily takes care of whatever hiss/noise there is from the whole chain, but you do have to be a little careful with overdoing it as you can cut out some of your desired signal.
For the cables, if you mean on the pedal board, they are a variety of different couplers and cables I got from Donner. It is an interesting puzzle to connect everything up on the pedal board so you have as little cable clutter as possible. For my instrument cables I am using some cloth ones from Monoprice. Again, they are cheap and not for pro use, but they seem to work fine for me.
The Looper has an AB switch so you can use it two ways. You can just send the output to one amp, so if you record a loop and then start playing it, it will come out on that amp and then you can play on top of that. That all works, but it can be difficult to get all the levels right with both signals going to the amp. So the alternative is to connect two amps, you record your loop through the first amp, then when you play the loop you hit the AB switch, now the looper is completely separated from everything else and just playing into that first amp, and the rest of the pedals are connected to the second amp. I think I saw a Paul Gilbert video that had that setup and I thought it was cool, so I made it. Its cheap to do if you already have 2 amps.
I am still playing around with all of the pedals and seeing what cool sounds I get from them. My favorite by far is the Metal Zone, and always has been. It is one of the most hated/loved pedals ever made I think.
However, for no sensible reason whatsoever, I have really been thinking about switching the whole thing out for one of these. It costs a lot of money but man is it ever cool, you can basically just program in whatever sound you want (requires a flat response output to work right).
Anybody here got one of these?
[quoted image]

Awesome info, thanks for sharing. I only have a looper and wah and haven't really explored tonal pedals yet.

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

I’m a hack that likes to play power chords and crank my amps loud enough to annoy my family and neighbors with tons of feedback, especially through this ‘63 Guild Starfire that my dad bought new back in the day. Nothing feels like playing in front of a dimed tube amp. I need to play more.
[quoted image]

Awesome guitar! I have a very similar one, I believe it's a '66. Maybe I'll take some pics of the instruments today. It's been awhile since I did an inventory.

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from Oshara:

Awesome info, thanks for sharing. I only have a looper and wah and haven't really explored tonal pedals yet.

Of course there are about a zillion pedals you can buy that do all sorts of things. What’s cool is that these days you can get some decent ones to play around with for not much money from places like Donner and Monoprice. If you are patient and wait for the sales you can get them even cheaper. I got a lot of mine at Donner Black Friday sales for only around $20 each. Sign up for their emails at Donnerdeal.com.

So you can get 4 or 5 of these mini pedals to play around with for the cost of one popular (and more suitable for professional use) brand name pedal such as Boss. The problem is, they are so cheap and tempting that you end up with a big pile of them. Then you want a pedal board. And on it goes.

#55 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

Playing on the baby taylor and the evh today. Few more in the basement.[quoted image]

Just noticed that’s an actual Peavey Wolfgang. Nice !

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:Remember I am strictly an amateur, not a pro like so many of the posters here already, so I have stuff that works great for messing around at home, but you would not want to take it out on the road to gig with. A lot of it is cheap stuff, all for fun.
I have the Peavey Envoy 110 solid state amp I bought way back in the 90s, and then the Monoprice 15W tube amp. The Monoprice sounds pretty decent for a cheapo amp, and it has that nice tube sound. Plays loud as hell too if you want. It also has jacks for an effects loop which the Peavy does not. There are lots of Youtube reviews on it.
Line noise isn't too bad. Most of the new pedals have true bypass (at least allegedly) so when they are off they are quiet. The two 90s pedals are pretty noisy, the Metal Zone and the Whammy II. The Whammy II is especially bad if it is turned on, that is why it is switched in and out of the circuit with that Loop-Master pedal. You only want to bring it in when you want to use it (hit the Loop-Master pedal, the light will come on, and your Whammy will be in the chain - prepare to squeal) . The Noise Killer pedal at the end of the chain easily takes care of whatever hiss/noise there is from the whole chain, but you do have to be a little careful with overdoing it as you can cut out some of your desired signal.
For the cables, if you mean on the pedal board, they are a variety of different couplers and cables I got from Donner. It is an interesting puzzle to connect everything up on the pedal board so you have as little cable clutter as possible. For my instrument cables I am using some cloth ones from Monoprice. Again, they are cheap and not for pro use, but they seem to work fine for me.
The Looper has an AB switch so you can use it two ways. You can just send the output to one amp, so if you record a loop and then start playing it, it will come out on that amp and then you can play on top of that. That all works, but it can be difficult to get all the levels right with both signals going to the amp. So the alternative is to connect two amps, you record your loop through the first amp, then when you play the loop you hit the AB switch, now the looper is completely separated from everything else and just playing into that first amp, and the rest of the pedals are connected to the second amp. I think I saw a Paul Gilbert video that had that setup and I thought it was cool, so I made it. Its cheap to do if you already have 2 amps.
I am still playing around with all of the pedals and seeing what cool sounds I get from them. My favorite by far is the Metal Zone, and always has been. It is one of the most hated/loved pedals ever made I think.
However, for no sensible reason whatsoever, I have really been thinking about switching the whole thing out for one of these. It costs a lot of money but man is it ever cool, you can basically just program in whatever sound you want (requires a flat response output to work right).
Anybody here got one of these?
[quoted image]

There are 3 pieces of gear kind of in the Fractal Axe III space: the Axe 3, the Kemper Profiler and the Line 6 Helix

I was *this* close to buying the Axe 3 last year and finally giving up my Roland VG-99, but Line 6 put out a huge update to the Helix, and it 100% sold me. The Axe is far more expensive and I couldn’t figure out why.

The Axe and the Kemper have pretty crappy interfaces, and the Helix is DEADSIMPLE to dial in on the fly. I also got the VST version of the same brain for $99 and I can use the same tones in the studio that I use live (tweaked for the band but it still starts in the same place). The Helix stays in the bag until gig time.

I am super busy with non music stuff lately and I hate knob twiddling so when I get called for a studio session I need to just get in there and know the tone will be there too.

The sound is just great too - the Helix started with pretty crappy amp models and distortion sounds, but now I can pretty much dial n whatever I want. I do use a tube amp for the Richie Kotzen tones still, but that is literally it. And I’ve heard recordings from guys who are getting a good tube tone - it’s just not something I have put time to yet.

#57 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Just noticed that’s an actual Peavey Wolfgang. Nice !

yeah, its the original one.

#58 4 years ago

I’m a bassist that ham-handedly tries to play guitar. Have MIM J Bass, a Yamaha BB, and a Fender Rumble. Used to have some nicer stuff but life got in the way. I also have a Gretsch Double Jet, a MIM Jazzmaster, and Dorado by Gretsch acoustic. Just have a Fender Blues Jr and a Boss ME-80 at the moment.

#59 4 years ago

Love this topic!

A few pics of my rigs and some guitars

Amp I have a JCM 2000 all bone stock - no hot-rodding on tubes or anything.
runs through an old Digitech Genesis 3 processor (used mostly for effects). That runs through a Marshall Powerbrake to a Furman conditioner and a Korg tuner. I do have a Eventide pitch harmonizer pedal.

Jamming at my brothers I use a Peavey 112 tube amp w/ a Boss Chorus and Digitech Whammy II pedals

Guitars:

Kramer Focus think around '86. Was my brothers... Mostly used for drop D tuning
Two Ibbys - 2 models (black shown here) and a 3 special series
BC Rich Warlock - I believe and "89 model
Accoustics -Gibson Epiphone (used for odd tunings), Late '80s Martin

As you can tell Big Megadeth/Mustaine/Jackson fan
2 Kv Pro models - Silver I got in '93 from Musicians Friend, Sunburst model in late '90s
2 Esp V's - LTD Sunburst model, a ESP DV8 model Black - serial #9
KV2 natural finish manufactured in '94. This is my baby, been offered a pretty penny for it but can't budge.
A Grover Jackson model I used for practicing mostly. Perfect for it since it's so light.

On the lookout for a Y2KV model and a BC Rich Gunslinger - late '80s with Nagel artwork. Noone is letting go!

Gotta question for Ibanez owners, anyone have a model an with a Edge III tremolo system. The white SP model I've shown has one. Are these thing complete garbage?

IMG_3098 (resized).JPGIMG_3098 (resized).JPGIMG_3099 (resized).JPGIMG_3099 (resized).JPGIMG_3101 (resized).JPGIMG_3101 (resized).JPG
#60 4 years ago
Quoted from Schusler:

Love this topic!
runs through an old Digitech Genesis 3 processor (used mostly for effects). That runs through a Marshall Powerbrake to a Furman conditioner and a Korg tuner. I do have a Eventide pitch harmonizer pedal.
Jamming at my brothers I use a Peavey 112 tube amp w/ a Boss Chorus and Digitech Whammy II pedals
Guitars:
2 Kv Pro models - Silver I got in '93 from Musicians Friend, Sunburst model in late '90s
KV2 natural finish manufactured in '94. This is my baby, been offered a pretty penny for it but can't budge.
A Grover Jackson model I used for practicing mostly. Perfect for it since it's so light.
On the lookout for a Y2KV model and a BC Rich Gunslinger - late '80s with Nagel artwork. Noone is letting go!
Gotta question for Ibanez owners, anyone have a model an with a Edge III tremolo system. The white SP model I've shown has one. Are these thing complete garbage?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Holy moly sweet jeebus what a lot of cool stuff. I can’t even imagine having a Marshall amp like that inside of a house. Even my puny 15 watt amp is way too loud and I barely turn it up past 2 or 3. Mind you I would like to go louder, but I need everyone in the neighborhood to clear out first.

As far as the Edge III, I don’t think it is too loved by the Ibanez owners. Even reviled by many. That was one of the reasons I was trying for a long time to get a late 80s MIJ with original Edge which is generally considered the best version. If you do some reading in the Ibanez forums you’ll see it’s not too loved. I don’t know about the possibilities for swapping it out.

Typical quote:

Its terrible, the worst of all trems, if somewhere you've heard that it was even NEAR the quality of a original floyd rose then you were gravely misinformed,
Although the ORIGINAL edge pro is very near an original floyd rose in terms of tunning stability and quality, but the edge III is an abomination of metal formed into the shape of a trem to fool you into believing it could keep ANYTHING in tune. Just look at all the posts in this forum from users of cheap or lower end Ibanez guitars that are all equipped with the Edge III, and how they want to cry since they can't even GET the guitar into tune, never mind keep it in tune if you use the whammy bar.

#61 4 years ago
Quoted from Schusler:

Love this topic!
Guitars:
Gotta question for Ibanez owners, anyone have a model an with a Edge III tremolo system. The white SP model I've shown has one. Are these thing complete garbage?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yes the Edge III sucks pretty bad. The metal they used is very soft and the knife edge ends up bending or little pieces break off and make it unstable. You can file it which helps, and add some chapstick wax to it, which improves quite a bit. But it still sucks. You can replace it with (I think) a Lo-Pro II which is actually better. Or just get a Kahler

#62 4 years ago

A friend is asking about buying a guitar for his kid - I think she’s 13 or 14. She’s into technical metalcore bands like Periphery , Animals as Leaders, etc. trying to think of what I should recommend him. I specifically told him not to buy a new guitar, but look for used from the 90s. (Of course he keeps showing me $249 shitty Guitar Center promos, “should I get this one?”)

Those bands play all boutique Guitars - but he’s looking to spend $300-$400. The kid mentioned Jacksons apparently. What recommendations should I give him?

#63 4 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

Holy moly sweet jeebus what a lot of cool stuff. I can’t even imagine having a Marshall amp like that inside of a house. Even my puny 15 watt amp is way too loud and I barely turn it up past 2 or 3. Mind you I would like to go louder, but I need everyone in the neighborhood to clear out first.
As far as the Edge III, I don’t think it is too loved by the Ibanez owners. Even reviled by many. That was one of the reasons I was trying for a long time to get a late 80s MIJ with original Edge which is generally considered the best version. If you do some reading in the Ibanez forums you’ll see it’s not too loved. I don’t know about the possibilities for swapping it out.
Typical quote:
Its terrible, the worst of all trems, if somewhere you've heard that it was even NEAR the quality of a original floyd rose then you were gravely misinformed,
Although the ORIGINAL edge pro is very near an original floyd rose in terms of tunning stability and quality, but the edge III is an abomination of metal formed into the shape of a trem to fool you into believing it could keep ANYTHING in tune. Just look at all the posts in this forum from users of cheap or lower end Ibanez guitars that are all equipped with the Edge III, and how they want to cry since they can't even GET the guitar into tune, never mind keep it in tune if you use the whammy bar.

Thanks... That took many years to build that collection. I think Im up to 23 guitars now - people say pins are addicting!

I have a guy that setups my guitars (beyond my level of expertise). He commented on how hot garbage that tremolo was. i told him to block it and it still goes out of tune just breathing on it. Shame since I got the action perfect and the neck plays super fast. Going to look into replacing it instead of modding it so to speak.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

A friend is asking about buying a guitar for his kid - I think she’s 13 or 14. She’s into technical metalcore bands like Periphery , Animals as Leaders, etc. trying to think of what I should recommend him. I specifically told him not to buy a new guitar, but look for used from the 90s. (Of course he keeps showing me $249 shitty Guitar Center promos, “should I get this one?”)
Those bands play all boutique Guitars - but he’s looking to spend $300-$400. The kid mentioned Jacksons apparently. What recommendations should I give him?

Just not a fan of newer stuff either. Jackson was sold to Fender years back and some of the newer ones I played, just felt the quality was not there. I would look at all of the brands of guitars in that '80s - '90s era honestly. BC Rich Warlok - not sure if shes about the body shape. Jackson and Ibanez are up there. Kramer is good too

She looking for something with a Floyd then? Probably would bypass Fenders because of the style of music shes learning...

#64 4 years ago
Quoted from Schusler:

Thanks... That took many years to build that collection. I think Im up to 23 guitars now - people say pins are addicting!
I have a guy that setups my guitars (beyond my level of expertise). He commented on how hot garbage that tremolo was. i told him to block it and it still goes out of tune just breathing on it. Shame since I got the action perfect and the neck plays super fast. Going to look into replacing it instead of modding it so to speak.

Just not a fan of newer stuff either. Jackson was sold to Fender years back and some of the newer ones I played, just felt the quality was not there. I would look at all of the brands of guitars in that '80s - '90s era honestly. BC Rich Warlok - not sure if shes about the body shape. Jackson and Ibanez are up there. Kramer is good too
She looking for something with a Floyd then? Probably would bypass Fenders because of the style of music shes learning...

Absolutely no Fenders. Unless it’s a Heartfield Talon (anybody remember those ?)

I have an Ibanez RG I may lend them for now; has a replaced Edge III, but yes she wants a locking trem. Didn’t realize Jackson was sold to Fender - that explains a LOT!

#65 4 years ago

We did Judge Dredd theme cover a couple years ago with JSZ. https://soundcloud.com/jussi-rantala/judge-dredd-pinball-theme

#66 4 years ago
Quoted from Iizi:

We did Judge Dredd theme cover a couple years ago with JSZ. https://soundcloud.com/jussi-rantala/judge-dredd-pinball-theme

Love it. Sounds great.

#67 4 years ago

Any recommendations on a electric guitar for someone with Not the longest chubby fingers? I struggle with certain notes and improvise.
I am looking for a high end guitar and would appreciate suggestions.

#68 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Any recommendations on a electric guitar for someone with Not the longest chubby fingers? I struggle with certain notes and improvise.

Ibanez makes super thin necks. I used to have an S series that was no thicker than a deck of cards. That particular guitar had quite a -wide- neck which you may want to try. Also try a guitar with the Wizard II neck. Amazingly thin and fast

#69 4 years ago

Thank You...I will take your advice.

#70 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Thank You...I will take your advice.

this is the one I had - the blue

https://www.ibanez.com/usa/products/model/s/

#71 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Can't go wrong with anything Ibanez, especially if you find a mid/late 80's MIJ or MIK.

#72 4 years ago

My wife and I started working on this cool puzzle to pass some time

D957E0E4-0F5F-4396-A466-54BFF5755E9C (resized).jpegD957E0E4-0F5F-4396-A466-54BFF5755E9C (resized).jpegE307D866-B3D9-44E8-87D9-BA85E8148EDE (resized).jpegE307D866-B3D9-44E8-87D9-BA85E8148EDE (resized).jpeg
#73 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

I love Charvel and EVH MIM (Made in Mexico) necks. They're so damn comfortable. Compound radius and neck shape. So comfortable.

Also, US Gibson SGs have a great shape and shorter scale for smaller hands.

#74 4 years ago

Im in an old school Death Metal band, Deathevokation

Main amp Engl Powerball V1
V30s

20200103_170628 (resized).jpg20200103_170628 (resized).jpg
#75 4 years ago
5284 (resized).jpeg5284 (resized).jpeg
#76 4 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Im in an old school Death Metal band, Deathevokation
Main amp Engl Powerball V1
V30s[quoted image]

Another fan of Jackson - nice!

#77 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Have you considered having one custom made? We all have different thoughts on what high end is but if you're fine spending a couple of bucks, a good luthier will work with you to build what suits you, including measuring your hand and understanding your play style.

Disclaimer I've never had one custom made, but maybe others can chime in.

#78 4 years ago

Here is one of my guitars: Jackson Roswell Rhoads Custom Shop

0441421A-410E-4DFC-B7FF-F4BFB0169A33 (resized).jpeg0441421A-410E-4DFC-B7FF-F4BFB0169A33 (resized).jpeg
#79 4 years ago

I'm getting ready to retire (yeah- bad timing). One of my bucket list things to do is to learn the guitar so I bought a starter guitar. I've wanted to do this for a long time, but realized I couldn't pull it off and working a lot of hours at the same time. Hopefully it will happen sooner than later.

Wifey got an acoustic at the same time - she's practicing everyday. I need to catch up.

May ping you guys for help soon!
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#80 4 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Here is one of my guitars: Jackson Roswell Rhoads Custom Shop[quoted image]

that thing is a work of art

#81 4 years ago

Here's my current 3

Mexican Tele that honestly doesn't see much playtime anymore. Might look to upgrade that one pretty soon.
Blueridge BR-180CE
2010 American Standard

Running through a Peavey Windsor half stack at the moment that I picked up for dirt cheap. I also have a couple of Strats I built.

IMG_20191225_165404 (resized).jpgIMG_20191225_165404 (resized).jpg
#82 4 years ago
e4c61ed27e202b4982de22da2896d14e776ff7c5 (resized).jpge4c61ed27e202b4982de22da2896d14e776ff7c5 (resized).jpg
#83 4 years ago

Anyone play some home videos. ..like on see more of that

#84 4 years ago

I’ve really thinned out the gear since we stopped playing live.

American Fender P-Bass - Orange Terror w/1x15
Epiphone Dot - Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Taylor Acoustic

Have songs out there on ITunes/Spotify etc.

8054E7CF-B3A7-4494-9DCB-A3B60F9851CA (resized).jpeg8054E7CF-B3A7-4494-9DCB-A3B60F9851CA (resized).jpeg4F1A9430-2EE9-44F0-9C0F-86DBBFF386FE (resized).jpeg4F1A9430-2EE9-44F0-9C0F-86DBBFF386FE (resized).jpeg0EC61920-25EE-4594-8825-1C8CA754DF38 (resized).jpeg0EC61920-25EE-4594-8825-1C8CA754DF38 (resized).jpeg181CEC5C-0482-43B9-8738-BC03278974D7 (resized).jpeg181CEC5C-0482-43B9-8738-BC03278974D7 (resized).jpeg
#85 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

There are 3 pieces of gear kind of in the Fractal Axe III space: the Axe 3, the Kemper Profiler and the Line 6 Helix
I was *this* close to buying the Axe 3 last year and finally giving up my Roland VG-99, but Line 6 put out a huge update to the Helix, and it 100% sold me. The Axe is far more expensive and I couldn’t figure out why.
The Axe and the Kemper have pretty crappy interfaces, and the Helix is DEADSIMPLE to dial in on the fly. I also got the VST version of the same brain for $99 and I can use the same tones in the studio that I use live (tweaked for the band but it still starts in the same place). The Helix stays in the bag until gig time.
I am super busy with non music stuff lately and I hate knob twiddling so when I get called for a studio session I need to just get in there and know the tone will be there too.
The sound is just great too - the Helix started with pretty crappy amp models and distortion sounds, but now I can pretty much dial n whatever I want. I do use a tube amp for the Richie Kotzen tones still, but that is literally it. And I’ve heard recordings from guys who are getting a good tube tone - it’s just not something I have put time to yet.

Dumb question but what are you plugging the Helix into?

#86 4 years ago

2011 PRS McCarty MC58 into a Mesa Rectoverb 25 mini stack. Pedal board pic showing my amp is outta date as I now have a strymon timeline and big sky, along with a looper, tuner and a cry baby wah. This setup does everything I need it to when I feel the need to “strum” as opposed to “flip”.

92F4DC3C-D744-49C6-8438-9BD3CEBD7C3D (resized).jpeg92F4DC3C-D744-49C6-8438-9BD3CEBD7C3D (resized).jpeg69B95819-C744-4C9B-A489-E80A695DC025 (resized).jpeg69B95819-C744-4C9B-A489-E80A695DC025 (resized).jpeg7EB8598F-A096-404B-A789-26BF1A753EB6 (resized).jpeg7EB8598F-A096-404B-A789-26BF1A753EB6 (resized).jpeg
#87 4 years ago
Quoted from Oshara:

Dumb question but what are you plugging the Helix into?

Usually I just go direct to FOH and monitors. We use in-ears and have individual mixing stations even at rehearsal so it’s just direct to that. At a venue, Whomever is running sound gets as flat a signal as possible to the PA and they usually just have to do minor tweaks.

There’s a setup method called “4-cable” where you can go out to multiple amps, but we usually don’t have a lot of time to do setup so I need a configuration where I can set up in 15 minutes or less, and I also play keys and sing in the band so I need as little hassle as possible.

#88 4 years ago
A27485C6-2012-41EE-9ABE-21672E2E1EF5 (resized).jpegA27485C6-2012-41EE-9ABE-21672E2E1EF5 (resized).jpeg
#89 4 years ago

Love your Hendrix, your Page, your Blackmore, your EVH, etc? Want to see some awesome shredding? I mean, super-fast and clean cross-picking all over the neck, badass sweep picking, fast melodic runs combined with chords? All delivered with an unmatched performance panache? Just look up some Roy Clark videos on YouTube. I mean back in the day when I listened to all that guitar hero stuff he was certainly never on my radar. I even remember watching Hee Haw, but it never clicked. Now I have been looking at those old videos, and I am a huge fan. Every performance is jaw-dropping. I only wish I could play 1/10th as good as that. On top of it all, he rips on the banjo and the fiddle also. He is a forgotten guitar hero.

#90 4 years ago

Any bands here we can check out on you tube etc...provide a link?

#91 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Black swampy water ...that’s where I caught her

I actually use to play guitar, and still have a couple. But replying because Elf was the
most talented band Ronnie James Dio was in. From fairly close by Cortland, N.Y.
Hard to beat their first album, but the other two were also good. "Trying to Burn the
Sun", my pick is Liberty Road.

Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Dixie Lee Junction

My Sister once moved to Tennessee. While driving around, she came upon a
rural cross road/hamlet. The name was "Dixie Lee Junction"..

#92 4 years ago

Anybody ever see one of these ?
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#93 4 years ago
IMG_5934 (resized).jpgIMG_5934 (resized).jpgIMG_5930 (resized).jpgIMG_5930 (resized).jpgIMG_5929 (resized).jpgIMG_5929 (resized).jpgIMG_5935 (resized).jpgIMG_5935 (resized).jpgIMG_5931 (resized).jpgIMG_5931 (resized).jpg
#94 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Any bands here we can check out on you tube etc...provide a link?

Here you go, also on iTunes / Spotify or anywhere else.

https://capitalrisingmusic.com/music

#95 4 years ago

I recently started playing again after many years. I'm really not very good but I just enjoy cranking it up sometimes. Epiphone I bought 2nd hand back in the late 70's and a Yamaha 60W amp. The Boss Distortion + Feedback I've had since the early 80's. Digitech RP12 came many years later. I also have a cheap Washburn acoustic. crussell Your stuff sounds great man!

20200404_150011 (resized).jpg20200404_150011 (resized).jpg20200404_150020 (resized).jpg20200404_150020 (resized).jpg
#96 4 years ago

My two electric honeys (pun intended).

1982 Fullerton 52 Telecaster Reissue
1995 Gibson Les Paul Classic.

Both must have lead a sheltered life before I got them.

20200309_170227 (resized).jpg20200309_170227 (resized).jpg
#97 4 years ago
Quoted from Clytor:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is that a Travis Bean neck on a Jazzmaster? Where in the heck did you find that? It's cool!

bfc2df151f98fa8ba1c3957e8a81b4af65e0e209.jpgbfc2df151f98fa8ba1c3957e8a81b4af65e0e209.jpg
#98 4 years ago

Here’s my setup.

1DB73237-ECCA-4D65-8ABF-3FF14EA2CEF1 (resized).jpeg1DB73237-ECCA-4D65-8ABF-3FF14EA2CEF1 (resized).jpeg1826AD0D-1D8E-4DA6-BF22-6CB02CF10BFE (resized).jpeg1826AD0D-1D8E-4DA6-BF22-6CB02CF10BFE (resized).jpeg6C6593E6-D54F-49F2-B274-4E495BC9BB66 (resized).jpeg6C6593E6-D54F-49F2-B274-4E495BC9BB66 (resized).jpegA5375328-FB74-4E2E-84BB-F64E8F2D1B75 (resized).jpegA5375328-FB74-4E2E-84BB-F64E8F2D1B75 (resized).jpegF56069EA-0122-4851-B335-FEA8989C46E3 (resized).jpegF56069EA-0122-4851-B335-FEA8989C46E3 (resized).jpeg
#99 4 years ago

Red guitar party!

2020-04-02 22.40.16 (resized).jpg2020-04-02 22.40.16 (resized).jpg2020-04-03 20.34.28 (resized).jpg2020-04-03 20.34.28 (resized).jpg2020-04-04 20.46.30 (resized).jpg2020-04-04 20.46.30 (resized).jpg
#100 4 years ago

Been playing a TON since this started. In fact the only thing I’ve had shipped are 3 dozen picks and a couple set of string.

I honestly hadn’t touched this in a couple years, so that’s one good thing about all this, at least for me if not my neighbors. My calluses are pretty much back now too.

390FDA9D-4D7B-44EC-AF85-6F09EE656275 (resized).jpeg390FDA9D-4D7B-44EC-AF85-6F09EE656275 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,633 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 33.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-guitar-players-and-guitar-stuff-needs-more-vid/page/2?hl=frippertron and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.