56F27BE4-8CCD-4A9D-A651-559A3E1D699A (resized).jpeg
D7BF4327-2523-47A0-9533-C53496F8942F (resized).jpeg
89E74841-5789-423A-AD72-C446C31931C8 (resized).jpeg
192C73A7-80C9-4C4C-9A37-F274111DC241 (resized).jpeg
8B84609C-2813-45B4-93AE-1D7057E67FF8 (resized).jpeg
gv2Gtig (resized).jpeg
07B88E8C-4879-48C8-B879-3F9EBBA0D919 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20211004-094028_Facebook (resized).jpg

There are 1017 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 21.
#901 40 days ago
Quoted from vid1900:

That's how you know if something is cool.
If everybody likes it, it will surely suck, cuz it's middle of the road.

For sure. Some people hate a Silverburst finish on a Les Paul, I've thought it was amazing since I stumbled upon one for $500 at music shop in high school.

Still, the finish on that fender reminds me of a waterpark!

Also, there's not a thing on the planet that "everybody likes" so I guess everything is cool!

#902 40 days ago

Lakeside park is a personal favourite of mine. It reminds me of my time working at the Canadian national exhibition when I was a kid with my buddy and going to the concerts when we could. Good tune.

#903 40 days ago

I dont play a lick, but my friend just bought this awesomeness.

Sabbath riffs to ensue.

20210911_204033 (resized).jpg20210911_204101 (resized).jpg
#904 40 days ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Lakeside park is a personal favourite of mine. It reminds me of my time working at the Canadian national exhibition when I was a kid with my buddy and going to the concerts when we could. Good tune.

Willows in the breeze?

#905 40 days ago

I like the new Players Plus series from Fender. I have my eye on the Aged Candy Red Nashville Tele but I’m not convinced it’s worth the extra $$$.

Unfortunately for me an awesome guitar shop just opened 5 minutes from my house and they have a ton of guitars including all the new Player Plus ones.

42278F22-C070-49B9-B729-AD0DAF470C44 (resized).jpeg
#906 40 days ago

Finally, a place to put my Ecco the Dolphin sticker!

st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8 (resized).jpg
#907 40 days ago

Ready for the buffing wheel

IMG_20210916_161832__01.jpg
#908 40 days ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Ready for the buffing wheel.

Couldn't you use a better grade of film when taking that pic? Photo looks a bit grainy.

#909 40 days ago

I assembled a 99 dollar Strat with 1 single TV Jones Powertron Bridge and a Baritone neck from some guy on Ebay.
Best sounding electric guitar I have ever owned.
Built a simple one-pickup Humbucker wiring harness.
Miss it. Recorded 2 original songs with it.
If it is sound you are looking for think beyond Brands and study components.

#910 40 days ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Couldn't you use a better grade of film when taking that pic? Photo looks a bit grainy.

All we have is Fotomat brand here

This is ISO 100, see if it's any better....

IMG_20210916_174057__01.jpg
#911 40 days ago

A 3 pickup tele?

The horror.

Some of the best modern Teles I have played/owned came out of the Japanese Custom Shop.

#912 39 days ago
Quoted from guitarded:

A 3 pickup tele?
The horror.
Some of the best modern Teles I have played/owned came out of the Japanese Custom Shop.

It’s got noiseless pickups too. Double horror!

It’s so much more comfortable with the belly cut to play. It also has a 12” radius neck vs the 9.5” on my classic vibe tele. I’m probably not going to buy anything right now but I might go by that shop once or twice a week and play them!

#913 38 days ago

New Baby Taylor on the way for my Granddaughter. Normally prefer Martin but the Taylor has better materials.
Will be installing the 3 head K&K pure western internal pickup same as all my acoustics.
I told her Mother let her bang it around, drag it, whatever.
Thats what happens to first guitars.

#914 38 days ago
Quoted from phil-lee:New Baby Taylor on the way for my Granddaughter. Normally prefer Martin but the Taylor has better materials.
Will be installing the 3 head K&K pure western internal pickup same as all my acoustics.
I told her Mother let her bang it around, drag it, whatever.
Thats what happens to first guitars.

Congrats.
I was surprised how much better the Taylor GS Mini was compared to the comparable offering from Martin. My daughter even plays live with hers.

#915 38 days ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Congrats.
I was surprised how much better the Taylor GS Mini was compared to the comparable offering from Martin. My daughter even plays live with hers.

Good to hear. Was a little worried having played the Martin, it sounded good for what it is. Is there a pickup in hers?

#916 37 days ago

Strange stuff you find sticking out of the trash

1965 Mosright "The Ventures" bass

If anyone has any old hardware in their junkpile....

IMG_20210919_092634_01__01__01__01.jpg

#917 37 days ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Good to hear. Was a little worried having played the Martin, it sounded good for what it is. Is there a pickup in hers?

Yes, I believe it’s a Fishman, sounds very good to my ears.

#918 37 days ago

Used to sell guitars for a living back in the day. Pretty much well set for the rest of my days…
Love both electric and acoustic:

Big time Taylor fan here. 614 maple, 458 ovangkol 12, Rosewood 414, Koa baby taylor.

Electrics: Fender David Gilmour CS NOS Strat, Jimmy Page Tele, les Paul Standard Goldtop, Gibson 335 amber burst, 52’ Tele reissue, Fender original 68 lap steel.

Basses: Rickenbacker fireglow, U.S. Geddy Lee Jazz, and an older Jazz bass from the 90’s.
Dw drums

2AFF6BCA-087C-4E46-B231-0AFE8802BAF5 (resized).jpeg3645F260-8C39-41D8-B1B1-23C97B878E97 (resized).jpeg466D4E5F-702A-496B-8C8E-B89D3F70FCCA (resized).jpeg88B940A2-CC3C-440F-87B0-0C40D84B7C04 (resized).jpeg9E80A691-6D00-4BA9-BE76-1F05C9DBE794 (resized).jpegE17CE245-7D77-44F4-8292-FCCFAA65FFD0 (resized).jpegE8E1E451-1F36-4158-A0EA-C1A5DAC317C9 (resized).jpeg

#919 37 days ago

Trying out some new additions and experimenting with a couple of delays.

20210918_085841 (resized).jpg
#920 37 days ago
Quoted from SunnRAT:

experimenting with a couple of delays.

If you’ve never tried one, give a reverse delay shot. It all depends what your into but I have a Danelectro Back Talk as pretty much a fixture in my board. It’s just an amazing pedal and has such a great vibe.

#921 36 days ago

I get along well with all my neighbours. .my next door sold and my family will always connect with them..etc. my neighbour/buddy says don't feel so bad a guitar teacher is moving in!

#922 36 days ago

I played a few songs live at my local weed dispensary. Great fun. Starbuds!

#923 36 days ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

If you’ve never tried one, give a reverse delay shot. It all depends what your into but I have a Danelectro Back Talk as pretty much a fixture in my board. It’s just an amazing pedal and has such a great vibe.

Actually i would like to find a reverse delay. Ill look into that Back Talk.

#924 34 days ago

Johnny Ramone's guitar at auction

Played from 1977-1996 at 2000 shows, 15 albums

https://www.rrauction.com/auctions/lot-detail/344576406269009-johnny-ramone-s-stage-used-and-owned-mosrite-ventures-ii-guitar/?cat=0

This is going to make the pinball auction seem like pocket change.....

ramones guitar (resized).png
#925 34 days ago

RIP Johnny

ramones guitar (resized).png

#926 34 days ago

Awesome guitar.

Will probably end up with that asshole Jim Irsay who buys all the good guitars.

#927 34 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Awesome guitar.

I hope not.

I'd way rather see it in the hands of someone who would play it every night.

Maybe Jason Isbell ?

#928 34 days ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I'm drooling...[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Would love to see Ian Thornley rock this bad boy!

#929 34 days ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Johnny Ramone's guitar at auction
Played from 1977-1996 at 2000 shows, 15 albums
https://www.rrauction.com/auctions/lot-detail/344576406269009-johnny-ramone-s-stage-used-and-owned-mosrite-ventures-ii-guitar/?cat=0
This is going to make the pinball auction seem like pocket change.....[quoted image]

This auction might be more interesting to watch than the Banning auction. Sitting at 275K right now.

#930 33 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That idiot buys the dumbest guitars. At least this one has value beyond its iconic player...that Strat Purchase was about the dumbest guitar buy ever. 2+ Mil for a 1200 dollar parts guitar.

I talked with his 'Guitar Expert' when he was looking for a few pieces and that guy did not have much in the way of knowledge. A lot of very basic stuff was new to the guy. Nice gig I guess.

#931 33 days ago
Quoted from guitarded:

That idiot buys the dumbest guitars. At least this one has value beyond its iconic player...that Strat Purchase was about the dumbest guitar buy ever. 2+ Mil for a 1200 dollar parts guitar.

If you are referring to Gilmour's guitar, Id have to disagree with you.

I'd definitely pay $4 million for that thing!!!!!

#932 33 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If you are referring to Gilmour's guitar, Id have to disagree with you.

Agree or disagree, it is a 70 Partscaster and in no way worth a fraction of that sale price. Remember, that was a Charity Auction. I doubt he would have paid a fraction of that for a Charity he didn't want to support.

Also. 70s Strat. Pretty much worthless as a collector guitar.

#933 33 days ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Agree or disagree, it is a 70 Partscaster and in no way worth a fraction of that sale price. Remember, that was a Charity Auction. I doubt he would have paid a fraction of that for a Charity he didn't want to support.
Also. 70s Strat. Pretty much worthless as a collector guitar.

It's kinda moot cause I don't have $4 million to spend on a guitar.

Still, it's pretty cool. Parts of that thing - the body and pickup switch? - were present for some of the greatest recordings in rock history! Plus I've seen him play that guitar personally a few times in concert. And he's my favorite guitar player. Sign me up for the fuckin' Black Strat please!

Did Irsay also end up with The Fool? Man Todd RUndgren made a huge mistake selling that thing for relative peanuts. And he's kind of pathetically shown playing it on his latest tour poster. Let it go bro!

#934 33 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Did Irsay also end up with The Fool?

Last time I saw The Fool it was not in his hands...don't know if it changed hands since, though.

For that kind of money, I am buying a pile of Bursts. I had the Martin Barre Burst in my hands and walked on the deal when the seller decided he wanted 10k more than we agrred on for pricing...definite mistake on my part!

#935 33 days ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Last time I saw The Fool it was not in his hands...don't know if it changed hands since, though.
For that kind of money, I am buying a pile of Bursts. I had the Martin Barre Burst in my hands and walked on the deal when the seller decided he wanted 10k more than we agrred on for pricing...definite mistake on my part!

What's the cheapest you can get a Burst for now? Yes I'm counting one that maybe isn't 100 percent original.

Give me the "tiers!"

#936 33 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

What's the cheapest you can get a Burst for now? Yes I'm counting one that maybe isn't 100 percent original

150k for a pretty rough one maybe with a replaced/rewound Pup.

The high end would be 1 Mil+ for a dead mint with color and flame on a (relatively) unknown burst. The big dollars go to the strong flame and color on guitars that haven't seen the open market.

#937 33 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's kinda moot cause I don't have $4 million to spend on a guitar.
Still, it's pretty cool. Parts of that thing - the body and pickup switch? - were present for some of the greatest recordings in rock history! Plus I've seen him play that guitar personally a few times in concert. And he's my favorite guitar player. Sign me up for the fuckin' Black Strat please!

Hi Levi - agree 100%. I own his CS replica - awesome Strat. Where/When did you see Gilmour play? I saw Floyd in 94, Gilmour both nights in 06' at the Rosemont theatre, and all 3 nights when he was in Chicago a few years back. Actually Got 4th row center at The United Center and it was a dream come true to be that close. Brilliant guitarist and his tone and phrasing is second to none.

#938 33 days ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Hi Levi - agree 100%. I own his CS replica - awesome Strat. Where/When did you see Gilmour play? I saw Floyd in 94, Gilmour both nights in 06' at the Rosemont theatre, and all 3 nights when he was in Chicago a few years back. Actually Got 4th row center at The United Center and it was a dream come true to be that close. Brilliant guitarist and his tone and phrasing is second to none.

Floyd in 1994 at Clemson University, and a couple months later in DC at RFK (I believe he was playing the Red strats at that time), and the last time around (2016?) at Madison Square Garden (playing the aforementioned black strat among others).

My big regret is not catching his Echoes shows at Radio City in 2006 with Rick Wright.

Gilmour IS the "classic rock" sound as far as I'm concerned, for all the reasons you mentioned. I just got a strat and I can't get enough of bumbling my way through approximations of his sound and licks. The first thing I did when I got it was look up the first 4 notes of Shine On.

I always catch a Waters show when he comes around as he's the keeper of the flame now, he's got a pretty good cover band and it's a great show but it's not exactly the same. Always surprised that "Mr. Authenticity" has no problem with lip syncing to backing tracks.

Also caught one of Nick Mason's shows at the Beacon a few years ago, that was really fun. Never thought I'd ever hear anybody play "Vegetable Man" live lol.

Here's a pic of a friend and myself with Roger's guitarist before his MSG Wall show in 2010 or so, he was just walking around. He said it was really cool to be playing up on the Wall but honestly didn't seem like the biggest Floyd fan hahaha...just a job. But he's certainly got the Gilmour sound down, if not the vocals (they just poured as much reverb and delay as possible on his voice so you wouldn't notice).
1B832937-6B6D-49C8-9218-C62B470045A9 (resized).jpeg

#939 33 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Floyd in 1994 at Clemson University, and a couple months later in DC at RFK (I believe he was playing the Red strats at that time), and the last time around (2016?) at Madison Square Garden (playing the aforementioned black strat among others).
My big regret is not catching his Echoes shows at Radio City in 2006 with Rick Wright.
Gilmour IS the "classic rock" sound as far as I'm concerned, for all the reasons you mentioned. I just got a strat and I can't get enough of bumbling my way through approximations of his sound and licks. The first thing I did when I got it was look up the first 4 notes of Shine On.
I always catch a Waters show when he comes around as he's the keeper of the flame now, he's got a pretty good cover band and it's a great show but it's not exactly the same. Always surprised that "Mr. Authenticity" has no problem with lip syncing to backing tracks.
Also caught one of Nick Mason's shows at the Beacon a few years ago, that was really fun. Never thought I'd ever hear anybody play "Vegetable Man" live lol.
Here's a pic of a friend and myself with Roger's guitarist before his MSG Wall show in 2010 or so, he was just walking around. He said it was really cool to be playing up on the Wall but honestly didn't seem like the biggest Floyd fan hahaha...just a job. But he's certainly got the Gilmour sound down, if not the vocals (they just poured as much reverb and delay as possible on his voice so you wouldn't notice).
[quoted image]

Dave (Kilminster) is an unbelievably good guitarist. He’s stood in for Guthrie Govan in Stephen Wilson’s band .. holy hell. Hes played with Emerson in The Nice, played in Steve Howe’s place in Asia. He’s just kind of a chill guy.

#940 33 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Dave (Kilminster) is an unbelievably good guitarist. He’s stood in for Guthrie Govan in Stephen Wilson’s band .. holy hell. Hes played with Emerson in The Nice, played in Steve Howe’s place in Asia. He’s just kind of a chill guy.

Yeah we just call him the Killhammer!!!!

He's got the Gilmour stuff down pat for sure.

#941 31 days ago

Anyone have any experience with Reverend guitars? I was looking around for a p-90 guitar and came across the Double Agent by Reverend. Went and played one at the local guitar shop and now I have some serious GAS for that guitar.

Any experience?

22E81EE5-407C-42B8-AC1C-CB522E937397 (resized).jpeg8CE21C4F-B8DB-4F12-9998-53D22B777274 (resized).jpeg
#942 31 days ago
Quoted from Pinball_Gizzard:

Anyone have any experience with Reverend guitars? I was looking around for a p-90 guitar and came across the Double Agent by Reverend. Went and played one at the local guitar shop and now I have some serious GAS for that guitar.
Any experience?[quoted image][quoted image]

Unknown Hinson used to play Reverend exclusively.
If you don't know him look him up, if you love great guitarists.
Yeah, he used to dress up like a vampire Elvis.
Unknown Hinson can play EVERYTHING with perfection, and does so regularly live.

#943 30 days ago
Quoted from vid1900:

RIP Johnny
[quoted image]

Fauxnews just reported that with the 25% auction fee and tax, the buyer paid $1,245,117 for Johnny Ramones guitar !!!

Puts it up there with the top 5 greatest guitars of all time:

Gilmore "Black Strat" $3,900,000

Hendrix "Woodstock Strat" $2,100,000

Jerry Garcia "Wolf" $1,900,000

Johnny Ramone "Ventures II" $1,245,117

Bob Marley "Washburn 22" $1,211,000

#944 30 days ago

Wow so the top two “greatest” (I think you mean most expensive) guitars are shitty CBS Stratocasters!

Well the collectible market is silly.

I wonder what billy gibbons’ “pearly gates” 59 Les Paul would go for…

#945 30 days ago

Any experience?[quoted image][quoted image]

I've had a few. 2 Double Agents have a sweet roasted neck, but the fret sucked from a finish perspective. Both really sharp. I loved the way they sounded. I returned both.

One I had with binding that that was done very nice. No issues.

All their necks are the same shape and IMO pretty beefy.

#946 30 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I wonder what billy gibbons’ “pearly gates” 59 Les Paul would go for…

Don't set your sights too low, how about Jimmy Page's 59 Les Paul?

Or even more iconic, his double neck Gibson EDS...

#947 30 days ago

Page's #1 and Pearly Gates both had 1+ million figures thron at them years ago...neither was taken, obviously.

I know Page said 'Never' and I am pretty sure he meant it. And I can't see Billy ever parting with Pearly.

The Bloomfield will gofor big dollars if it ever sees the light of day.

#948 29 days ago

Looking for some opinions on this gold flake finish. This is a Reverend Jetstream 390 at my local guitar shop. The finish is exclusive to my local shop. The guitar plays fantastically and I really like the p-90 tone it gives. I don’t have a p-90 guitar and the triple pickup configuration seems very versatile.

I’m on the fence about the color, it’s a big departure from what I would normally get but that’s kind of a draw too if that makes sense. What do you guys think? Does it look too 1970s disco?

21F29029-3E1F-4361-882C-0B6BA36EE739 (resized).jpegD24EF0D3-CFAF-486E-B8E1-382B9276120D (resized).jpeg
#949 29 days ago

I like the SG Jr. with a single P90 hanging on the back wall.

#950 29 days ago

Looking for some opinions on this gold flake finish. This is a Reverend Jetstream 390 at my local guitar shop. The finish is exclusive to my local shop. The guitar plays fantastically and I really like the p-90 tone it gives. I don’t have a p-90 guitar and the triple pickup configuration seems very versatile.
I’m on the fence about the color, it’s a big departure from what I would normally get but that’s kind of a draw too if that makes sense. What do you guys think? Does it look too 1970s disco?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks cool to me!

There are 1017 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 21.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside