0E530017-976F-4BE5-B087-454D79432CB5 (resized).jpeg
split coil (resized).jpg
RZ guitar (resized).jpg
EVH guitar (resized).jpg
RZVH guitars (resized).jpg
livingroomguitars (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
There are 1,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 33.
#851 2 years ago
Quoted from Jokerman:

Sure - I have spent far too much time in my life researching guitar stands.
Those in the background are Hercules GS414B Plus - perfectly adequate as a functional stand despite some criticism of the rubber eroding. I have never found that to be a problem though.
If aesthetics are important, these are the best imo. https://takeastandinc.com/SM_Design.html
For wall mounts, I use Bulldog.

Hercules makes a great stand. I've been using the triple stand for probably 15 years. One piece, durable. Holds up to heavy gigging. Highly recommended.

#852 2 years ago
Quoted from Jokerman:

Sure - I have spent far too much time in my life researching guitar stands.
Those in the background are Hercules GS414B Plus - perfectly adequate as a functional stand despite some criticism of the rubber eroding. I have never found that to be a problem though.
If aesthetics are important, these are the best imo. https://takeastandinc.com/SM_Design.html
For wall mounts, I use Bulldog.

Thanks very much.

#853 2 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

What are the best years for telecasters and what are some ideal features? I'm finding myself becoming more interested in playing country or folk sounding guitar but also still love playing rock music and it always seemed to be a go to choice for so many folks.

Best years are the early 50s if you have 40K to blow on one...

A friend of mine makes truly great knock offs if you want to spend some money... he's a tele nut so his attention to detail is up there (way more than Fender).

I had one of his early 50s spec and it was as close as Ive even found to a real deal from that period, feather light and sounded great.

Keep in mind when he says vintage spec he means it... old school radius etc. If you want modern features this aint it.

https://www.pinupcustomguitars.com/

#854 2 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

Best years are the early 50s if you have 40K to blow on one...

You want an original and clean 50s Blackguard, you are gonna spend well over 40k.

#855 2 years ago

Ah yeah I'm good with keeping it under 2k! Shouldve mentioned that! The 90s Japan teles sound ideal, but of course I'll be trying out whatever I come across and will take my time finding the right one. Thanks for the info!

#856 2 years ago

The thread title includes "guitar stuff" so I'll offer the following items.

1/6 scale (6" long) plastic blonde Telecaster and black Stratocaster guitars NIB (New In Blisterpack):
mini guitars (resized).jpgmini guitars (resized).jpg
mini guitars unopened (resized).jpgmini guitars unopened (resized).jpg
1/3 scale (12" long) metal sunburst Stratocaster guitar with box:
strat replica alone (resized).jpgstrat replica alone (resized).jpg
strat replica (resized).jpgstrat replica (resized).jpg
1/3 scale (12" long) red Stratocaster (controls on guitar) with blackface amp radio (speaker in amp) with box:
strat + amp radio alone (resized).jpgstrat + amp radio alone (resized).jpg
radio box (resized).jpgradio box (resized).jpg
full scale (36" long) fiesta red Stratocaster "Next Best Thing" flat replica guitar:
next best thing (resized).jpgnext best thing (resized).jpg
Mini Tone-Master battery-powered practice amp with box:
Note: back view of 12" Stratocaster model included for size reference).
mini amp tilt back (resized).jpgmini amp tilt back (resized).jpg
mini amp + box (resized).jpgmini amp + box (resized).jpg
8"W x 7"H x 4"D metal box with hinged lid Deluxe Reverb Amp replica:
Fender deluxe amp (resized).jpgFender deluxe amp (resized).jpg
Fender deluxe amp open (resized).jpgFender deluxe amp open (resized).jpg

#857 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

You want an original and clean 50s Blackguard, you are gonna spend well over 40k.

Likely so... I have not looked in years since I got out of the vintage dealer/ trading game.

They are one of the few things that isnt over hyped. A great original is a killer guitar if you can find one that hasnt been mucked around with.

#858 2 years ago

I have a Fractal AX8 for sale if anyone is interested. Over $200 in presets from Fremen and AustinBuddy. $1k.

#859 2 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I have a Fractal AX8 for sale if anyone is interested. Over $200 in presets from Fremen and AustinBuddy. $1k.

What did you replace it with? Kemper?

#860 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

What did you replace it with? Kemper?

AXE FX 3 for the desk and an FM3 for live. AX8 got me hooked on Fractal.

#861 2 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Nice!

I've always wanted to duplicate my rig for live vs demoing stuff (for session gigs I pull out different whatever guitar/amp is appropriate for that band/tune), and I eventually landed on the Line6 Helix because it has a hardware unit for gigging and a VST you can plug right into recording software like Reaper, Logic, (barf) ProTools.

I have the floor model, will eventually move to the rackmount.. after the 80s/90s I avoided racks for so long, but here we are again... Not sure how it compares to the Fractal stuff but I see those 2 names along with Kemper being argued about quite a bit, so they must be comparable.

#862 2 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

How’d your gig go Shredso?

#863 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

How’d your gig go Shredso?

First gig was great! Capacity with a 30 minute line out the door. It wasn't our draw, just a good room. We got the gig last minute. This past weekend wasn't as busy, but it still feels great to be back!

#864 2 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

First gig was great! Capacity with a 30 minute line out the door. It wasn't our draw, just a good room. We got the gig last minute. This past weekend wasn't as busy, but it still feels great to be back!

What was your set ?

#865 2 years ago

Doing some work on this Rhodes. Holy cow, it is like moving a pin!

20210629_160033.jpg20210629_160033.jpg
#866 2 years ago

If you saw my earlier story about how I got my sunburst '64 Stratocaster, it's time to tell the story about The Amp I Never Got.

Now that I had my electric guitar I needed an amplifier. My Dad scrounged up (and paid very little for) a well-worn Gibson GA-18 Explorer 14watt 1x10" combo amp (made between 1959 and 1961) from where I don't know. I used this for a few months to play at local youth centers and high school sock hops. Then my band started to get better paying jobs and Dad agreed to buy me a better amp. I knew I wanted a blackface '65 Fender Super Reverb 4x10" combo amp.
Gibson amp (resized).jpgGibson amp (resized).jpg
Gibson amp back (resized).jpgGibson amp back (resized).jpg
Dad had a friend who said he could get a discount at a music store in Rockford. We drove there on Saturday to get a Super Reverb so I could use it that evening at a gig. We get there and the manager now says they don't have any Super Reverbs and tries to (bait and) switch us to a Gibson amp. I saw they had a '65 Fender Bandmaster 2x12" amp that listed for $399 same as the Super Reverb they didn't have. Dad paid the same quoted price and we put the Bandmaster head and speaker cab in the car and headed home. My buddies were surprised to see the Bandmaster instead of a Super Reverb, since they knew how much I had wanted one. I used that Bandmaster thru high school and college and learned to appreciate the full tones of the 2x12" sealed back cabinet.
Bandmaster front (resized).jpgBandmaster front (resized).jpg
Bandmaster back (resized).jpgBandmaster back (resized).jpg
Then Fender started making reissue amps and I saw my chance to finally get the blackface Super Reverb I had always wanted. But then I saw the Fender Custom Shop 3x10" Vibro-King combo amp in legendary blonde tolex and had to have it instead. I also ordered the matching 2x12" sealed back extension cabinet for it, which gives it the brightness of 10" speakers in an open back combo along with the full tones of 12" speakers in a sealed cab. So once again I didn't get a Super Reverb.
Vibro-King amp (resized).jpgVibro-King amp (resized).jpg
amp stack front (resized).jpgamp stack front (resized).jpg
Back then my wife and I were both driving Pontiac Fieros and they had little room for big (and heavy) amplifiers. In 2007 I purchased a Fender Jazzmaster Ultralight 250watt solid state amp head and matching 1x12" 2ohm sealed back cabinet. The four metal feet on the amp fit into 4 magnetic pockets on the speaker cab to hold it in place. A cable with special connectors was supplied, to avoid accidentally hooking any other amp head up and blowing the 2ohm speaker. Special bags allow for carrying the 7-1/2-lb amp over your shoulder, the 17-lb speaker cab in one hand and a guitar case in the other. And everything fit in my Fiero to go jam at a buddy's house. The amp has presets, but I carry a Line6 pocket pod in the bag with the amp for added effects.
Jazzmaster amp head (resized).jpgJazzmaster amp head (resized).jpg

pocket pod + box (resized).jpgpocket pod + box (resized).jpg
Jazzmaster amp covered (resized).jpgJazzmaster amp covered (resized).jpg

Jazzmaster amp front (resized).jpgJazzmaster amp front (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#867 2 years ago

My son introduced me to dan and shay. Glad he did. Tequila video blew me away. Wow these guys are good man. Remind me of rascal flats.

#868 2 years ago

Shout out to the producers of the video Tequila. Call these guys. I would.

#869 2 years ago

This musical menagerie was at my folks' house and has now ended up at my place. From left:

Hohner Melodica (end-blown wind instrument with a polyphonic keyboard)
gourd-shaped-back (8-string) mandolin
Hawaiian guitar (6-string) with pickup added (action is too high for fingering - must be played with the metal slide bar)
Kay (4-string) tenor banjo
balalaika (3-string) Two strings are usually tuned to the same note and the third string is a perfect fourth higher.
slide whistle (end-blown wind instrument with a sliding piston to vary the pitch)
oddball instruments (resized).jpgoddball instruments (resized).jpg

1 month later
#870 2 years ago

Red necked a guitar pick to help with grip. Works great! Just hammered down a screwdriver.

20210824_120859 (resized).jpg20210824_120859 (resized).jpg

#871 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Red necked a guitar pick to help with grip.

#872 2 years ago

Just got my old Checkmate banjo back. Had a tech replace the old friction lock 5th string tube with a geared tuner. Time to start practicing rolls again.

20210824_101035 (resized).jpg20210824_101035 (resized).jpg20210824_101040 (resized).jpg20210824_101040 (resized).jpg
#873 2 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

What are the best years for telecasters and what are some ideal features? I'm finding myself becoming more interested in playing country or folk sounding guitar but also still love playing rock music and it always seemed to be a go to choice for so many folks.

This may be blasphemy but I have a Squire Classic Vibe 50s tele that is becoming my favorite guitar. For the money those things offer a huge value. I’m probably an early intermediate type player and I don’t really collect guitars or gig so my opinion should be taken with a grain of salt but that’s a pretty great guitar for $450!

#874 2 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Squire Classic Vibe

The SCV is their best line IMO. They are great guitars if you're after the vintage feel. They also seem to suffer from fewer quality control issues than some of Squier's other lines.

#875 2 years ago

Hahaha !!!! Great movie well played man

Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Just got my old Checkmate banjo back. Had a tech replace the old friction lock 5th string tube with a geared tuner. Time to start practicing rolls again.
[quoted image][quoted image]

The world needs a song Isis will invade Kansas on banjo.

#876 2 years ago

current pick ..

20210824_142001 (resized).jpg20210824_142001 (resized).jpg20210824_142332 (resized).jpg20210824_142332 (resized).jpg20210824_142339 (resized).jpg20210824_142339 (resized).jpg
#877 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

The next composition on this beast will be a track for a pinball project. May it see the light of day sooner rather than later.

#878 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Also, did I tell the story of my grandmother thinking that Isis was going to invade Kansas at some point? This can't have been a random comment!

#879 2 years ago

Not random. You mentioned this before a while ago on another thread. I thought damn grandma, that's a hell of a metal song! I just picture the look on your face when your grandma said that.

#880 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Not random. You mentioned this before a while ago on another thread. I thought damn grandma, that's a hell of a metal song! I just picture the look on your face when your grandma said that.

LOL
That's small town Kansas for you!

#881 2 years ago

Olivia Newton John. Vintage hottie of August.

#882 2 years ago

To be fair Wayne Gretzky vintage hottie of July.

#883 2 years ago

Oops wrong thread.

#884 2 years ago

This won’t be for everyone but I took my dinged up Squire CV tele and $12 in stickers and got this:

1EC2D766-D790-474E-8A18-645C8E7A0719 (resized).jpeg1EC2D766-D790-474E-8A18-645C8E7A0719 (resized).jpeg
#885 2 years ago

I really do love those BF DR 65' RIs. Such a great basic nothing special amp. Can always get the job done.

#886 2 years ago
Quoted from radial_head:

I really do love those BF DR 65' RIs. Such a great basic nothing special amp. Can always get the job done.

The guitar is cool and that amp is pretty badass.

#887 2 years ago

Spent some cash money on a Warmoth neck yesterday. Hurt my wallet, but they really do make great products.

1 week later
#888 2 years ago

I just ran across this while looking for a flanger.

0239AE73-A40E-427F-881F-BDCB3F1228D7 (resized).jpeg0239AE73-A40E-427F-881F-BDCB3F1228D7 (resized).jpeg
#889 2 years ago
Quoted from Clytor:

I just ran across this while looking for a flanger.
[quoted image]

Ha! That’s wild

#890 2 years ago

Picked up my first semi-hollow today. Backlund Rockerbox II.

17EB2E7D-DEF2-4634-A339-E19B8F1B46BA (resized).jpeg17EB2E7D-DEF2-4634-A339-E19B8F1B46BA (resized).jpeg
#891 2 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

[quoted image]

Always wanted to try one

#892 2 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

[quoted image]

That might be the most beautiful guitar I’ve ever seen, damn

#893 2 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Three portholes? It must be a Buick.
When GM dropped Buick, did the factory change from assembling cars to making guitars?

#894 2 years ago

Definitely a Buick! Backlund designs heavily influenced by old cars. Very interesting shapes and features.

Todd Rundgren often plays a Backlund design.

Really happy with it. A lot heavier than I thought it would be. Ordered it 10 weeks ago and it showed up today. Been fun tonight. 30+ years playing and I have never owned a semi-hollow body. Also fought hard my habit of only buying Gibsons. It’s time to venture out.

1A3DC8BA-FD53-4B37-BA06-884D0747B2CD (resized).jpeg1A3DC8BA-FD53-4B37-BA06-884D0747B2CD (resized).jpeg4FE61C1D-FD61-48DD-8548-45F09C1B648C (resized).jpeg4FE61C1D-FD61-48DD-8548-45F09C1B648C (resized).jpeg
#895 2 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Todd Rundgren often plays a Backlund design.

In Todd We Trust

#897 2 years ago

I'm drooling...

E-4eR_SX0AIHHGv (resized).jpegE-4eR_SX0AIHHGv (resized).jpegE-4eR_VWYAUgACr (resized).jpegE-4eR_VWYAUgACr (resized).jpegE-4eR_yWYAsb5JY (resized).jpegE-4eR_yWYAsb5JY (resized).jpegE-4eR_RWYAApfkA (resized).jpegE-4eR_RWYAApfkA (resized).jpeg
#898 2 years ago

New Fenders are sweet looking

L84314000002000-00-400x400.jpgL84314000002000-00-400x400.jpgfender-electric-guitars-solid-body-fender-player-plus-stratocaster-hss-bel-air-blue-0147323330-28499259850887_2000x.jpgfender-electric-guitars-solid-body-fender-player-plus-stratocaster-hss-bel-air-blue-0147323330-28499259850887_2000x.jpg
#899 2 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

New Fenders are sweet looking[quoted image][quoted image]

Not really my cup of tea

#900 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Not really my cup of tea

That's how you know if something is cool.

If everybody likes it, it will surely suck, cuz it's middle of the road.

There are 1,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 33.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-guitar-players-and-guitar-stuff-needs-more-vid/page/18?hl=littlecammi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.