#2tee.2.6.12.19 (resized).JPG
20190601_113413 copy (resized).jpeg
#13green.1.6.12.19 (resized).JPG
VG#9Green6.9.19 (resized).JPG
#4:#7Green.2.6.12.19 (resized).JPG
#2green.1.6.12.19 (resized).JPG
VG6.12.19.8 (resized).JPG
Dad:Son.3.6.9.19 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dooskie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

This is a little off-topic (although there will be at least two pinball machines here next year). I'm hoping everyone on Pinside can give me some help. And moderators, if this is inappropriate, please remove this post and accept my sincerest apologies. I am not trying to circumvent Pinside rules.

As many of you know, I am a PGA Golf Professional. I own a small golf course in Old Town, Maine. This past spring, a course out in the state of Washington called Village Greens Golf Course was going to be permanently closed. It happened to be the course where I began my career as a golf professional, and it bothered me a great deal that this gem of a place was going to disappear forever. Thanks to a lot of help from a lot of people, we were able to save the place.

Now I'm asking for everyone's help. We're in the running for a $25k grant and part of it is determined by public vote. If you could take a moment and click on the link to vote, and scroll down to the bottom (you'll see my face) and vote for Village Greens Golf Course, it would be much appreciated.

If we are fortunate enough to win this grant, we plan to use the money for badly needed maintenance equipment, and to fund golf programs through the Kitsap County School Districts.

Thank you in advance for your help. I am truly appreciative for your consideration. And please share this on your Facebook page, Instagram, Twitter and encourage all of your friends to vote for us as well.

https://www.kitsapbank.com/business/edg3-fund/edg3-fund-vote/?fbclid=IwAR1RJtMuwM4S8UB0nI3PZ--czsx8tLrRyaOfHaeI7ph5aa26-wIZOFq_7PY

If you are interested in reading more about the golf course, here are some links to some local stories:

https://q13fox.com/2019/09/09/port-orchard-golf-course-gets-another-shot/?fbclid=IwAR33H4Z550vOyZfRFdcwYFFbZqrYzifJRkRWMdKT_MUMpDnA3_cDWVhPVak

https://www.kitsapsun.com/story/sports/columnists/terry-mosher/2019/05/22/joe-perdues-personal-history-led-involvement-village-greens/3770692002/

https://www.kitsapsun.com/story/news/local/2019/05/22/village-greens-golf-course-could-re-open-saturday/3771782002/

https://www.kitsapdailynews.com/news/port-orchards-village-greens-getting-a-new-golf-course-operator/

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from JayDee:

Voted. Good luck!

Thank you so much!

DSC03914 (resized).JPGDSC03914 (resized).JPG
#6 4 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

I voted as well..best of luck !

Thank you very much!

DSC03902 (resized).JPGDSC03902 (resized).JPG
#8 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballypalooza:

Just voted for you. Thanks for working so hard to save something that is important to the community. Now I need a favor. Fix my swing please.

Send me a video. I need a down the line angle, and a face-on angle. Happy to help you!

#11 4 years ago

There are about 1,000 pine trees on this course, give or take a hundred. It's 14 par 3's and 4 par 4's. I shoot more over par on this course than I do at Pebble Beach. It's not an easy little place to shoot a low score.

#1:#10, 6.11.19 (resized).JPG#1:#10, 6.11.19 (resized).JPG
#14 4 years ago

I believe these courses are so valuable to the future of golf. It’s less intimidating to beginners and older golfers who don’t need or want to be on a 7000 yard course. My Dad, who has played and LOVED golf all his life, had heart surgery and can’t play a huge course. This looks beautiful compared to our cornfield tracks around here. Share some more pics if you’ve got em’.
Damon

It was in pretty rough shape when I got the keys to the place on May 23rd. It had been closed since November 1st, 2018, and no maintenance was done until about 10 days before I signed the lease. There are all kinds of issues that will take a year or two to resolve (lack of irrigation, moles and overall neglect). Here are some more pics:

#5tee.2.6.12.19 (resized).JPG#5tee.2.6.12.19 (resized).JPGDad:Son.3.6.9.19 (resized).JPGDad:Son.3.6.9.19 (resized).JPGVG6.12.19.8 (resized).JPGVG6.12.19.8 (resized).JPG
#15 4 years ago

I believe these courses are so valuable to the future of golf. It’s less intimidating to beginners and older golfers who don’t need or want to be on a 7000 yard course.
Damon

you nailed this right on the head!

#17 4 years ago

Thank you very much!

#2green.1.6.12.19 (resized).JPG#2green.1.6.12.19 (resized).JPG
#19 4 years ago
Quoted from ismiglif:

Our whole family has now voted.
As a Washington golfer, a dad of kids who need access to courses like this (2 of 3 I grew up playing and learning on have closed down) and a fellow pinball guy, I appreciate what you have done so far.
I have heard the story here locally pretty recently, nice to connect the dots.
Best of luck to you and Village Greens.

Thank you for your votes, and thank you for your kind comments. If you ever get the chance to get to Port Orchard and play, I can promise you will have a good time. It's also a nice community, some great places to eat. I'm (currently) only there for a week every month, so I haven't had the chance to check out the local pinball scene yet, but I know there are some machines in the wild nearby.

#4:#7Green.2.6.12.19 (resized).JPG#4:#7Green.2.6.12.19 (resized).JPG
#20 4 years ago
Quoted from JayDee:

Very cool. That’s definitely the place to work on target iron shots. You don’t have a choice unless you want to be shooting from under a tree all the time. I love it. I hope you get the grant!

Thank you!

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

My local public course Ringgold country club is closing to become a solar farm....ughhhh. Instead of a beautiful golf course, it will be full of solar panels.

That makes me quite sad. It's always a shame when a golf course closes. There's a course about an hour down the road from us that closed last fall. Mother Nature has already got it back in her grasp.

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

Voted - I hope you win! Good luck.

Thank you very much!

VG#9Green6.9.19 (resized).JPGVG#9Green6.9.19 (resized).JPG
#27 4 years ago
Quoted from paddlepaw:

Voted. Hope you get the grant.

Thank you for your vote. I appreciate it very much!

#13green.1.6.12.19 (resized).JPG#13green.1.6.12.19 (resized).JPG
#30 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Voted.
-Buzz

Thank you Buzz!

20190601_113413 copy (resized).jpeg20190601_113413 copy (resized).jpeg
#31 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphod:

Voted!
ummm the "two machines"? What's in Maine stays in Maine, right!!

Thank you for your vote. Probably going to leave two machines in Maine, the rest are going to Washington. Or, I may sell them.

#2tee.2.6.12.19 (resized).JPG#2tee.2.6.12.19 (resized).JPG
#34 4 years ago

Thank you very much!

#18.1.6.12.19 (resized).JPG#18.1.6.12.19 (resized).JPG
#35 4 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

Voted. Best of luck.

Thank you for your vote!

DSC07783 (resized).JPGDSC07783 (resized).JPG
#37 4 years ago

Thank you for your vote!

mom-andy-cart.3.7.5.19 (resized).JPGmom-andy-cart.3.7.5.19 (resized).JPG
#40 4 years ago
Quoted from TimBoch:

Nothing better than golf......and pinball. Voted.[quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome setup that you have, both with the golf and the pinball. How many holes do you have laid out?

#42 4 years ago

This is what the place looked like when I signed the lease with the county back on May 23rd.

VG - 12th green.1 (resized).jpgVG - 12th green.1 (resized).jpgVG.6 (resized).jpgVG.6 (resized).jpg
4 weeks later
#45 4 years ago
Quoted from JayDee:

Any updates? Did they pick the winner of the grant yet?

We didn't make the cut unfortunately. Thank you to everyone that helped us. I appreciate it a bunch!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lenexa, KS
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

4,800 (OBO)
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Decals
FlyLand Designs

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

3,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saint-denis-sur-richelieu, QC
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dooskie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-golfers-and-non-golfers-i-could-really-use-your-help?tu=dooskie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.