Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 295 posts
  • 85 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by dos_reboot
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CZe8RT2VAAASr3H (resized).jpg
    IMG_5319 (resized).JPG
    20161224_192922 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3634 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3714 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3458 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3713 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3712 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3710 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3709 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3697 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3661 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3588 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1584 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6596 (resized).JPG
    unnamed_(resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dawezl.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#164 8 years ago

Finally made it over to this thread! Love to meet other women into pinball!

My name is Nancy, and I've been into pinball ever since I was a tiny kid looking to see if there were any unplayed balls on the machines at the bowling alley. I did a ton of research into owning my own machine back in the mid-90's, but life kept getting in the way, and eventually I stopped looking. That would have been the end of it, except for a rainy day at Disney this past winter. My 14 year old son has Aspergers, and was really upset that our final day's plans were being ruined by the rain. To help him get "unstuck", I took him to the hotel arcade. There was a PoTC there, and by the end of the day, my son was playing it with me. Pinball has turned into a great way for us to hang out together--we take road trips to different arcades in the area and play together on his iPad. My husband is not seriously into pinball, but he likes playing with me--we go on occasional date nights to the bar down the street that has a TWD. His hobby is garden railroading, so we don't fight over the space for our interests, lol.

I recently bought a really cheap project machine to start teaching myself how to mess around in machines, and I'm aiming to buy a newer machine next spring. I'm also hoping to eventually get a NGG for my son, since that's his favorite machine, but first I have to pay off his braces. I'd love to eventually have a sweet home arcade like some of the spaces that you've all shared--for right now, I'm glad to be able to tuck a machine in a corner here and there!

8 months later
    #192 7 years ago

Has anyone developed tricks for working around heavy pins with weaker arms? For example, I was pulling a playfield out the other day, and I was able to pull it almost all the way out. I couldn't haul it up high enough to set the side bar in place though (I didn't feel like I was safely supporting the weight with one hand), so I had to ask my husband to come set it for me.

I'd describe my strength as average for a woman. I'm able to help move some of my pins, although the NGG with the box still attached was a bit more weight than I can safely carry. We got it inside fine, but not without a few hairy moments. I'd like to be a little more self-sufficient so that I'm not stuck always waiting for my husband to be free to help me out!

#218 7 years ago
    Quoted from PavBall:

It is a unique experience waking up every day and not knowing what to expect. I thought I would never have children, heck, I got married only last year and before that, I was traveling the world like a world citizen..decisions decisions decisions!
    Tiger is very excited and very much afraid of the change. Sometimes when he touches my belly, our little one kicks so hard, that he gets startled just by feeling it. It is so weird and Tiger makes me laugh just by seeing his facial expression!!
    Anyway, Tiger and I are visiting the west coast very frequently, and Portland is one of my favorite cities to visit anywhere! We have been there 3 times this year already. Now it will have to wait until the first half of next year..
    We also have an apartment in New Orleans, so let us know when you are coming, we might be there!!
    I am due December 16th..woohoo!!

Congrats PavBall!! Kids are awesome...at least until they start hogging all the GCs on your machines, haha!!

Quoted from Danni_NZ:

Hey everyone!
    I'm a girl. *mic drop*
    Some of y'all might already know me, but if you don't, my name is Danni - as the username suggests. And... I'm from New Zealand! As the username also happens to suggest. (For a side note, I am 14. This year. Just need to put that out there now.)
    I take pride in being a female pinball player, both in my father's collection (which I attempted to keep track of on my page but there are literally too many... But I mean they might one day be mine ), and then my playing.
    For the massive ego boost section of my post, I hold second in New Zealand in the IFPA Pinball World (well... Country - I suppose) Rankings, and I have competed at 3 IFPA World Championship competitions to date. I can't help but feel proud of myself a tiny bit!
    I must also note, it is my father who sits above me in the New Zealand IFPA rankings.... One day.... I may beat him.
    So that is me. And my introduction to this thread. I have actually been passively watching this thread for a while. A tiny bit embarrassed I didn't join earlier - but I have now!
    Danni

And congrats on your ranking, Danni! That's an achievement you should definitely be proud of! I remember working my butt off when I was young to beat my dad at bowling--when I finally did it, I kept that scoresheet taped up at home for years.

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only person who thinks of strength training days as "pinball workouts" lol! I know I need to not be so "delicate" when I'm handling the machines. Moving more decisively will help when I'm working on playfields. But I am jealous of everyone who posts about moving their machines around solo! Other than sliding them around an inch or two, my pins just start laughing at me when I try to budge them!

3 weeks later
    #228 7 years ago
    Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

Hey Ladies??
    Getting excited about the Pinball Expo in Chicago coming up in a couple weeks!!
    Who all is going, and when will you be arriving??
    I'll be there Tue. thru Sun. looking forward to it once again!
    Hope to see some of you there!!
    Phoebe

I'm going to be there Thursday and Friday (and a tiny bit on Saturday). Can not wait!!!

1 month later
    #232 7 years ago
    Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

Cool maybe we will run into each other there!!
    Phoebe

We did kinda run into each other but I didn't know it was you at the time, lmao, or else I would have said hello! Late Thurs night in the vendor hall over by the Stern display--I'm the gal that had blue highlights in my hair and geeky glasses.

2 months later
    #250 7 years ago

Squeeeeeee! Adorable babies (and doggies!)! Congrats on the new little ones.

Also, welcome Natay-tay! Looks like you have some sweet pins!

1 month later
    #260 7 years ago

I personalized my latest notebook at work lol.
    IMG_5319 (resized).JPGIMG_5319 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
    #264 7 years ago
    Quoted from PavBall:

Any club members going to TPF?

Rumor has it that justanottergirl will be there, but I ended up putting my travel budget elsewhere. Will be at VFW and Pintastic though.

1 month later
    #267 6 years ago

Any club members planning on being at VFW this weekend beside justanottergirl and me?

7 months later
    #271 6 years ago

Welcome @lucysuros! I’m sadly on the other coast, but congrats on the new pin! GoTG is a lot of fun to play!

1 month later
    #274 6 years ago

At league last week, some of the guys were having a conversation about the things they bought their wives to make up for the pins they brought home. They turned and asked my husband what he had done.

“Uhhhh...So is my wife supposed to be buying ME stuff every time she brings home a new pin?

3 months later
    #277 5 years ago

Welcome @roadmarks! It’s tough to be far away from any good places to play, but the more you hang around here, the more people you’ll get to know. 2-3 years ago I didn’t know anyone and now I have a bunch of pinball pals!

1 year later
    #292 4 years ago

Wow it’s been super quiet in here! Was laughing with my husband yesterday that my Xmas wish list looked like it was for two different people—I asked for tools and pinball supplies, and then I also asked for lots of fuzzy soft pajamas and LUSH bath goodies!

I guess I was pretty good this year since I got both!!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dawezl.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-girls-club?tu=dawezl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.