Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 295 posts
  • 85 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by dos_reboot
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CZe8RT2VAAASr3H (resized).jpg
    IMG_5319 (resized).JPG
    20161224_192922 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3634 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3714 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3458 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3713 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3712 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3710 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3709 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3697 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3661 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3588 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1584 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6596 (resized).JPG
    unnamed_(resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider butterflygirl24.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 9 years ago

LOL is this like AA for Pinball or what...Hi my name is Phoebe and I'm a Pinball addict!! I am going to copy and paste my post from the Male/Female thread... but will add, Hubby is not on Pinside, he checks it out sometimes under my name. We met in a bowling alley arcade (going on 30 years now) playing...you all guessed it pinball! Our first game when we got our "bigger" (at this point it is not really "bigger" enough!) house was Space Shuttle which was what we played when dating, that was also the first pin I restored...You can read my story in my info page on here. We have 2 boys 28 and 23, they like pinball to a point, and they both have their games that they will get when we are gone...
    Here's my post from the other thread...
    LOL!! Nother female checking in! I don't post on here much...I used to post quite a bit on RGP but haven't been very active over there either! I too am pretty much the culprit, but hubby loves pinball too! It is funny though that most of the guys on here are like...my wife won't let me have XXXX because it would have to go in XXXX room...LOL!! I'm the one that told hubby we needed to loose the dinning room furniture (about 4 years ago) and put it in storage so we could make the dinning room the Williams system 11 room. Now we have them in just about everyroom,and always trying to figure out which walls doors etc. to move to fit more. Getting ready to remodel and make another game room. (would like to win the lottery first but otherwise we are working on it!!) But he is the one usually telling me NO More pins!!! we are out of space and $$$! My philosophy is there is always room for just 1 more!!! LOL!! I previously did restorations for myself and others starting in 2001, touching up clearing PFs touching up BGs and cabinets. I do mechanical stuff, but that was hubbys department mostly. I did the touch ups and he made them work. I just (temporarily maybe) retired from doing them for others...and got (as hubby calls it) a "real" job!
    We both play in 2 leagues and tournaments together, and we have a local pinball group started in 2007 (Cincy Pinball) with about 50 or so members...with quite a few females. We just recently started The Cincy Pinball League we have 30 people in the league, and 5 of us are females! We just finished up our first full season! We travel with our trailer and pins to several shows including The Pinball Expo in Chicago coming up in Oct. Have met many friends through pinball and will continue to enjoy it together!!

Phoebe

#47 9 years ago
    Quoted from HumanFemale:

Are any of you ladies going to expo this year? I will be there.

Yes Julie, I will most definitely be at Expo! I have been every year since '06 and this is the 30th year for it, so it is gonna be awesome! Hubby and I take games every year...and I usually help out with at least 1 seminar. It is a great time to catch up with friends you only get to see once a year!
    Looking forward to see you there!

Phoebe

#54 9 years ago
    Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

LOL is this like AA for Pinball or what...Hi my name is Phoebe and I'm a Pinball addict!! I am going to copy and paste my post from the Male/Female thread... but will add, Hubby is not on Pinside, he checks it out sometimes under my name. We met in a bowling alley arcade (going on 30 years now) playing...you all guessed it pinball! Our first game when we got our "bigger" (at this point it is not really "bigger" enough!) house was Space Shuttle which was what we played when dating, that was also the first pin I restored...You can read my story in my info page on here. We have 2 boys 28 and 23, they like pinball to a point, and they both have their games that they will get when we are gone...
    Here's my post from the other thread...
    LOL!! Nother female checking in! I don't post on here much...I used to post quite a bit on RGP but haven't been very active over there either! I too am pretty much the culprit, but hubby loves pinball too! It is funny though that most of the guys on here are like...my wife won't let me have XXXX because it would have to go in XXXX room...LOL!! I'm the one that told hubby we needed to loose the dinning room furniture (about 4 years ago) and put it in storage so we could make the dinning room the Williams system 11 room. Now we have them in just about everyroom,and always trying to figure out which walls doors etc. to move to fit more. Getting ready to remodel and make another game room. (would like to win the lottery first but otherwise we are working on it!!) But he is the one usually telling me NO More pins!!! we are out of space and $$$! My philosophy is there is always room for just 1 more!!! LOL!! I previously did restorations for myself and others starting in 2001, touching up clearing PFs touching up BGs and cabinets. I do mechanical stuff, but that was hubbys department mostly. I did the touch ups and he made them work. I just (temporarily maybe) retired from doing them for others...and got (as hubby calls it) a "real" job!
    We both play in 2 leagues and tournaments together, and we have a local pinball group started in 2007 (Cincy Pinball) with about 50 or so members...with quite a few females. We just recently started The Cincy Pinball League we have 30 people in the league, and 5 of us are females! We just finished up our first full season! We travel with our trailer and pins to several shows including The Pinball Expo in Chicago coming up in Oct. Have met many friends through pinball and will continue to enjoy it together!!
    Phoebe

I don't really have too many recent pics of our game house...but I have a video of a Cincy Pinball group party we had here in 2011. We have moved games around, and actually sold a few since then (doesn't happen often but hubby wanted a Metallica so I agreed and got him 1 for his birthday last year!) Not sure how putting a video on here works, but I'll give it a shot.

here are a few that we have added since the video was taken...
    CSI is our newest addition...I have already custom painted all the trim.

Next is Metallica, I custom painted everything on it as well...Hubby picked out the colors and he made the topper then I painted it. I also did all the toys in it, Sparky, hammer and snake. This is a pic. of it at the Ohio Pinball Show in March.

Then there is Spidey...custom painted all the trim on it too. Jim Schelberg took this one of me and Spidey at Expo 2013.

Planning to take them to Expo in October along with others that I'm still deciding on!
    Phoebe

P7230002.JPGP7230002.JPG P2270034.JPGP2270034.JPG P2230028.JPGP2230028.JPG P1260027.JPGP1260027.JPG phoebegames1.jpgphoebegames1.jpg
    2 months later
    #83 9 years ago
    Quoted from HumanFemale:

Okay girls, who is going to expo!?!?
    I'm excited!!

I'll be there, signed up for the Pinside get together! Going to be a great Expo!!

Phoebe

2 weeks later
    #102 9 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

But could you even hear him talk all the way down there?
    (Sorry, as someone who has been 5'10" since age 12 and asked "how is the weather up there" too many times, I try not to make height jokes at all. But thats one big dude and quite a big difference.)

LOL!! Right there with you Mel!! I'm also 5'10" (+/- a bit) so I can relate.

Todd is a great guy to talk with! and Ed was a really nice guy as well talked pinball with him several times. Dirty Donny is also really cool, last year we played some pinball together after the banquet, and we were gonna have a rematch this year but I missed him when he was in the free play room.

Phoebe

5 months later
    #108 9 years ago
    Quoted from Shellyshane237:

I know this is an old thread, but I'm gonna revive it. I'm Shelly from Ohio. My husband is stephenshane237 and my son is evanshane237. ( we are a creative bunch). We do restorations and just got done with the Ohio show, where I played Phoebe's awesome CSI. We have some projects in the works for the Cleveland show in September and I wanted to say hi to the other ladies out there now that I have finally set up my own pinside account.

Welcome Shelly! glad you are joining us.
    You guys do some great work on those pins!! That Funhouse was amazing at the Ohio show!! Hopefully we can meet at the Ohio show next year!

Welcome Tracy! I have been trying to get to the all ladies tourney in Vegas since the first one...it just never seems to work out that I have enough vacation time to do all the pinball stuff I wanna do!!

Phoebe

2 months later
    #115 8 years ago
    Quoted from PavBall:

I now have the top score on our Addams Family. So that is two games I have knocked Tiger off the top spot on. I am going to go after his precious XMen next.
    Any of you others compete with your husbands or do you all just let them win?

Let him win...Hells NOOOO!! We are very competitive! We play private tournaments here all the time!! Along with that, we both play in a pinball league, (we were in 2 different ones but had to drop1 due to work) but we compete at tournaments (against others, but always trying to best the other!) and such whenever we get the chance!

Phoebe

2 months later
    #118 8 years ago

Grats!! you go girl!!

I had #2 HS on MET (when we updated to new code)...then we updated code again so it's gone now (Pinball browser version putting our choices of songs etc.) it was 435,135,290...

Phoebe

2 months later
    #149 8 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

I agree, it's not the normal, but it's way more fun. I was the one that turned my husband "crazy," and he loves telling people that we've got a pinball arcade and home theater in our basement, and that it's all my fault.

Hey Now!! I convinced hubby to get rid of dinning and living room furniture to put pins in those rooms along with the basement. The garage is my workshop, complete with paint booth...and has been since 2001/2002 (disclaimer paint booth is down ATM) but frame is still there!

Phoebe

#151 8 years ago

Oh I restore games too...I love to bring pins back to their former glory, and have done hundreds. I used to restore them for others, but I have semi-retired from that and I'm doing the hobby side for the time being!

Phoebe

#154 8 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

Have you all seen this cool pinball art? A friend of mine has a satin jacket version! https://www.instagram.com/p/6IxIDLIRCD/

very cool!! Would make a cool shirt or patch for a jacket too!

3 months later
    #173 8 years ago

Not gonna make TPF again this year...one day will make it down there! There are just too many shows and too little vacation time!

Quoted from PavBall:

We even learn how much you boys spend on your toys here and the mods for them too.

Oh come on Pav...don't go tellin' Hubby how to find out how much I spend on our pins!!! That's not nice I go by the theory that...what he don't know won't hurt him...especially when it comes to how much I spend on pinball stuff!! LOL!! JK but he is the one that has to tell me NO more often than not....except I did get 1 new toy at the KY SCS Championship...I brought home a red cab. Jungle Lord been wanting one for awhile and finally worked a deal for it. He was actually excited about it too!! So see guys it is debated if having your girl "into" pinball is a good thing or not...LOL He tells our friends sometimes, that they should be careful what they wish for, their house could end up looking like ours with pins in the living, dining, family room, entry hall, basement, garage, and some in storage! but it is cool to have this hobby/addiction in common! We are both very competitive especially against each other!!

Phoebe

6 months later
    #193 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballwidow:

Hi everyone! Can't wait to read all the above posts, I was just invited to join y'all I joined pinside the other day looking for some items to surprise my pinball obsessed hubby. I'm trying to fly under his radar for the next week until his gifts come so he doesn't find out! He is a member here and doest realize yet that I joined. I live in the metro Detroit area and while I enjoy pinball, the hubby is a fanatic! I would love to meet other MI ladies, as well as get to know everyone else

Welcome!! Always good to have another girl on here with us! Not sure that you can keep it a secret though...
    I was complaining at someone on here before might have been PavBall...when she was talking about finding out how much hubby spends on these toys of ours, I had to yell at her cause I go by the theory that when it comes to $$ for pins what hubby don't know don't hurt him!! (It was in this thread.. a few months back I think)

Quoted from DaWezl:

Has anyone developed tricks for working around heavy pins with weaker arms? For example, I was pulling a playfield out the other day, and I was able to pull it almost all the way out. I couldn't haul it up high enough to set the side bar in place though (I didn't feel like I was safely supporting the weight with one hand), so I had to ask my husband to come set it for me.
    I'd describe my strength as average for a woman. I'm able to help move some of my pins, although the NGG with the box still attached was a bit more weight than I can safely carry. We got it inside fine, but not without a few hairy moments. I'd like to be a little more self-sufficient so that I'm not stuck always waiting for my husband to be free to help me out!

I know that these beasts can be heavy...sometimes it seems that from one time to the next they gain weight!! One thing, (have been moving ours that are in the basement around ALOT here in the last month) we have found that if you use those 3M sliders...they are great, for this, and if you have low ceilings you don't have to be careful how high you lift them...I use them, and I can get them under the leg levelers myself without too much trouble, and then I can just slide the pins wherever they need to go. I'm not sure about the PFs...truthfully I've never trusted those side rail bars holding them up anyway...just seems way too wobbly for me. (I'm talking older SS games like system 7s etc.) I have used 2X4s to secure the other side to give it a more secure feel to me anyway. Or I lean it against the backbox...but I am always paranoid I'm gonna knock it down on my head or something!

Phoebe

#197 7 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

Also: playfields that do not slide forward are the worst!

Yeah, those pins that don't have PFs that slide out are a PITA. Fathom for instance is a major PITA! It is supposed to tilt up enough to get the prop rod under it...but even when you do, it isn't enough to get to that target bank in the back, and you have to lift it out and have somewhere to sit it to be able to work on it...Hubby actually installed slide rails in Fathom to be able to lean it on the head to at least try to get to it. Yeah the system 11s are a PITA with the pivots that just tilt them up, but you can't move them out or anything. I guess the only PF that I won't even attempt to lift on my own is Defender...it is the heaviest PF I have ever dealt with (37 coils on the under side of the PF), and when I was working on the underside of the PF during restore it actually pulled out the screws that I had it screwed to my rotisserie with and fell to the table under it...good thing I had all the plastics and pop caps off of it already. Oh and Joust (Williams Head to Head pin)...I will hold it up, but it is a bear to deal with and it also has plastic aprons that I know at some point either me or (most likely) hubby are going to reach in to grab it like any other PF and lift and PFFT!! there goes the apron! and it is only supposed to lift from one side, that one is just a beast all around. Hubby is actually working on making some metal brackets that will fit under the apron so that you can lift it without breaking anything...

Phoebe

2 weeks later
    #222 7 years ago
    Quoted from OrangeSC:

Hi Ladies. My name is Jill. My husband and I both love pinball and started our collection this summer. I bought a Ms. Pacman cabaret that got the game room started. We then added a Data East Simpsons and a South Park. We recently bought a Cyclone in need of love to try our hands at a restoration project over the winter. My 10 year old loves playing South Park with us. She even has one of the high scores!

Welcome Jill!! Nice to have another girl pinhead in the mix!! I have an original Pac-man arcade, that I restored...and hubby has a Robotron that I just recently finished re-stenciling for him. We had some other vids, but they are gone now so we have more room for pins. those 2 won't be leaving though! Oh and our jukebox!! Love our Jukebox! Have been working on re-finishing it.
    Congrats on the Cyclone it is a cool game! I had one for awhile while I was restoring it for a guy. my kitty LOVES the curvy ramp! When I had it here, I couldn't even turn it on cause as soon as he heard that system 11 beep he was right there front and center waiting on the PF glass to play! He still loves to play, but he's quite a bit bigger now...so it is more like playing with a set of blinders! He will stand up and paw at my leg and beg so I will turn on a game and play with him... If you don't start a game he will reach over and paw at the flipper button to try to get it to work.
    Tell your girl good job!! Tell her to go girl!! Keep it up!

Phoebe

1 week later
    #227 7 years ago

Hey Ladies??
    Getting excited about the Pinball Expo in Chicago coming up in a couple weeks!!
    Who all is going, and when will you be arriving??
    I'll be there Tue. thru Sun. looking forward to it once again!

Hope to see some of you there!!
    Phoebe

#230 7 years ago
    Quoted from DaWezl:

I'm going to be there Thursday and Friday (and a tiny bit on Saturday). Can not wait!!!

Cool maybe we will run into each other there!!

Quoted from eldy76:

I really wanted to go to expo this year. Unfortunately my work schedule didn't agree. Maybe next year.

Bummer!! I know how that "work" thing goes...there is never enough vacation time to do all the pinball stuff I would like!!

Phoebe

4 weeks later
    #233 7 years ago
    Quoted from DaWezl:

We did kinda run into each other but I didn't know it was you at the time, lmao, or else I would have said hello! Late Thurs night in the vendor hall over by the Stern display--I'm the gal that had blue highlights in my hair and geeky glasses.

Oh WOW!! Thursday night LOL!! I was in a food coma (from Bob Chinn's dinner!) and trying to run around and collect stuff for my seminar (Let's make a pinball deal gameshow) Fri. morning...I was kindof in a dazed and confused state... Sorry, I should've had my name tag on...or looked at yours and said HI!!

Phoebe

2 months later
    #239 7 years ago
    Quoted from PavBall:

I haven't been on Pinside as much as usual ladies. I've been busy with little Tiger who came to us about ten days earlier than expected.
    I tried to upload some photos but can't seem to do so. I'll post some later.

Quoted from Playmatic:

Wonderful honey! My sister had her baby 12 days early, here she is today (yesterday) at 3 days old. Please welcome my niece Chloe, a future pinsider!
    I bet TigerLaw Jr is an angel!

Congrats!! On both new pinheads!! Looking forward to pics Pav!

Phoebe

#251 7 years ago
    Quoted from Natay-Tay:

Cool to see a thread for us rare gems! My name is Nata' (Pronounced Nuh-tay) and I live in WA with my fellow pinball addict husband. We have no kids, just dogs (2 golden retrievers). We absolutely love anything pinball and arcade related. We are 80's kids and grew up in arcades.
    Current pins: POTC, BF, CONGO, ID4, STTNG

Welcome Nata' Hubby and I are 80's kiddos also...we actually met in a bowling alley (he worked there) arcade playing pinball! Nice collection!! Congo is an awesome game! POTC is a fun game there are several of them in our Cincy pinball group (league), so I get to play it fairly often.

Phoebe

1 year later
    #279 5 years ago
    Quoted from Roadmarks:

Um. Hi!
    I've loved pinball since I was a little kid but had no clue there was a whole hobby & community around it until three years ago.
    I'm still a total newbie. I don't own any machines (but someday Twister *will* be mine!) and I live in a bit of a pinball desert so lately I've been playing on my phone.
    I've always had a ton of guy friends but I gotta say it's nice to find out this thread exists, no matter how quiet it is!

Welcome!!
    I actually don't post on here anymore but figured I would break my silence to welcome you! There are actually quite a few ladies that love pinball. I'm in Southern Ohio and we have about 6 ladies in our local league of 32 players (there are many more out they're just not in our league). We just held our annual Cincy Pinball Championship tourney here last weekend and there was a lady from Columbus who finished 4th out of 43 total players.
    There is a posted list of pinballs on location (in Ohio) I think on here somewhere maybe Da Wezl can lead you on how to search for it? I know there are several locations in Columbus and Cleveland area as well as a few here in Southern Ohio...not sure about Toledo area though but I would guess there are some out there. Don't give up looking! Pinball is an awesome hobby and I have met some of my best friends through this hobby!

Quoted from PavBall:

Are any of you working on similar projects where you are? What success are you having? Any suggestions for me

DaWezl...Haven't been doing a ladies only tourney but trying to get an annual event going in my area. This year was the highest turn out yet. We had 43 folks compete in the main tourney and we also did a side Iron Maiden premium (launch style) tourney that we had 30 folks compete in. So don't give up!! Just keep trying eventually it will work out for you!!

Phoebe

6 months later
    #288 5 years ago
    Quoted from neemypeemy:

Hi all, I'm new to the forum and thought I would say hello!
    Late 40's, originally from OH, happily married for 20 years, 2 furry children, and 1 Dr Who pinball. I bought it for my husband (who is from the UK) for his 40th. We haven't really done anything to it since we bought it, until we started having issues with the mini play field. It's basically been sitting for a couple of years because I haven't had time to do anything with it. My husband is not interested in anything but playing it (he has other hobbies), but I love taking anything apart, and am the more techie/ DIY person.
    So for Christmas this year I promised I would start on it and I finally have. Really looking forward to get everything working, cleaned up and start playing again.
    Am interested to see how many ladies we currently have active on the forum!

Welcome!!! Ohio resident here! I'm not as active on this forum as I used to be...but I'm very active in Pinball! I love to restore (original parts not building a new one from repro parts) games, and customize them! We (hubby and I been together 34 years) go to shows (just had 12 games at the first local Cincy show Pincinnati the last weekend in Nov.) and hold tournaments here at our house. (Hosting Ohio Pinball Wizards finals here on Sat. the 12th.) I also run (with help) our Cincy Pinball League and we have hosted a Summer party/tourney here at our house each June this year will be the 4th annual Cincy Pinball Championship... So even though I'm not active on the forums I'm very active in Pinball in general!

Good luck with your project and Welcome to this crazy hobby!!
    Phoebe

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider butterflygirl24.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-girls-club?tu=butterflygirl24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.