New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 98240)

Pinside Girl's Club

By blondetall

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 295 posts
  • 85 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by dos_reboot
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 65 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

CZe8RT2VAAASr3H (resized).jpg
    IMG_5319 (resized).JPG
    20161224_192922 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3634 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3714 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3458 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3713 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3712 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3710 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3709 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3697 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3661 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3588 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1584 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6596 (resized).JPG
    unnamed_(resized).png

There are 295 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
    #251 3 years ago
    Quoted from Natay-Tay:

Cool to see a thread for us rare gems! My name is Nata' (Pronounced Nuh-tay) and I live in WA with my fellow pinball addict husband. We have no kids, just dogs (2 golden retrievers). We absolutely love anything pinball and arcade related. We are 80's kids and grew up in arcades.
    Current pins: POTC, BF, CONGO, ID4, STTNG

Welcome Nata' Hubby and I are 80's kiddos also...we actually met in a bowling alley (he worked there) arcade playing pinball! Nice collection!! Congo is an awesome game! POTC is a fun game there are several of them in our Cincy pinball group (league), so I get to play it fairly often.

Phoebe

#252 3 years ago

Any single UK pinball girl wants to meet a single UK pinball chap, just let me know (as in PM me)

#253 3 years ago

Welcome, Nata'! WA is probably the greatest state of all for a pinball fan, good choice.

2 weeks later
    #254 3 years ago

Thanks for the warm welcome! Yeah, WA is pretty awesome for pinball. I need to find some tournaments. I have never entered one.

#255 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballs:

Any single UK pinball girl wants to meet a single UK pinball chap, just let me know (as in PM me)

Yeah I'm sure this thread was created because women wanted to get hit on. Gtfo.

#256 3 years ago

So what cities have women's pinball groups/leagues?
    In Canada we have:
    Toronto Pinball Vixens
    Pinball Women Ottawa
    Montreal's Ball Bustin' Bitches

1 week later
    #257 3 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

In Canada we have:
    Toronto Pinball Vixens
    Pinball Women Ottawa
    Montreal's Ball Bustin' Bitches

Wish we had one in Louisiana. That would be really fun!!

#258 3 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

In Canada we have:

In France... none (to my knowledge)

The IFPA Women’s World Pinball Championship will be held on March 16th, 2017 at FUN Billiards in Mesquite, TX.
    https://www.ifpapinball.com/womens/

Would be fun to have live coverage.

Go, Ladies, go!

#259 3 years ago

My wife wanted to start a group here near Hell, MI - call them "Hell's Bells" but pinball evidentially is not real big with women in our immediate area.

4 weeks later
    #260 3 years ago

I personalized my latest notebook at work lol.
    IMG_5319 (resized).JPG

#261 3 years ago

is that Kelly OZBORN ?

#262 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballs:

SEE YA SOON!

CZe8RT2VAAASr3H (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
    #263 3 years ago

Any club members going to TPF?

#264 3 years ago
    Quoted from PavBall:

Any club members going to TPF?

Rumor has it that justanottergirl will be there, but I ended up putting my travel budget elsewhere. Will be at VFW and Pintastic though.

#265 3 years ago

Nope, sitting here at work watching Pinside while I think half the mod team is out playing at the fest. Anyone that goes to TPF be sure to stop by the Pinside booth as Robin should be there.

#266 3 years ago
    Quoted from DaWezl:

Rumor has it that justanottergirl will be there, but I ended up putting my travel budget elsewhere. Will be at VFW and Pintastic though.

I can confirm the rumor - I'll be there! Not getting in until later today and probably won't be there long tonight, but I intend to stop in.

Anyone else?

1 month later
    #267 3 years ago

Any club members planning on being at VFW this weekend beside justanottergirl and me?

#268 3 years ago

My wife will be, who is a pinhead, but not into Pinside ... yet. Been telling her she should get on this thread.

#269 3 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

My wife will be, who is a pinhead, but not into Pinside ... yet. Been telling her she should get on this thread.

Have her introduce herself and visit. We need more traffic in this thread pretty badly.

7 months later
    #270 2 years ago

Hello everyone, I am a new (woman) pinball player and am hooked. Getting my first machine today!

I live in San Diego, CA - if there’s any ladies on here who live in SD give me a shout!

#271 2 years ago

Welcome lucysuros! I’m sadly on the other coast, but congrats on the new pin! GoTG is a lot of fun to play!

#272 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lucysuros:

Hello everyone, I am a new (woman) pinball player and am hooked. Getting my first machine today!

Welcome! And what game?

#273 2 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

Welcome! And what game?

I got guardians of the galaxy. Originally thought I would get Metallica, but really enjoyed Gotg and my girls will love the theme.

1 month later
    #274 2 years ago

At league last week, some of the guys were having a conversation about the things they bought their wives to make up for the pins they brought home. They turned and asked my husband what he had done.

“Uhhhh...So is my wife supposed to be buying ME stuff every time she brings home a new pin?

3 months later
    #275 2 years ago

I tired to get eight lady players together for Louisiana’s first ever women’s IFPA event in Lake Charles on June 23. I came up just a little short, I could only guarantee five lady players due to vacation schedules and what have you in the summer. I’m not giving up though, when we host a fall tourney I will get the eight ladies required for the IFPA to sanction an official women’s division in Louisiana.

Are any of you working on similar projects where you are? What success are you having? Any suggestions for me?

1 week later
    #276 2 years ago

Um. Hi!

I've loved pinball since I was a little kid but had no clue there was a whole hobby & community around it until three years ago.

I'm still a total newbie. I don't own any machines (but someday Twister *will* be mine!) and I live in a bit of a pinball desert so lately I've been playing on my phone.

I've always had a ton of guy friends but I gotta say it's nice to find out this thread exists, no matter how quiet it is!

#277 2 years ago

Welcome roadmarks! It’s tough to be far away from any good places to play, but the more you hang around here, the more people you’ll get to know. 2-3 years ago I didn’t know anyone and now I have a bunch of pinball pals!

#278 2 years ago
    Quoted from DaWezl:

Welcome roadmarks! It’s tough to be far away from any good places to play, but the more you hang around here, the more people you’ll get to know. 2-3 years ago I didn’t know anyone and now I have a bunch of pinball pals!

Thanks, DaWezl!

I have a friend back in the part of Ohio where I grew up who's into pinball but she & I can never connect to go somewhere & play. I just found out there's a newish arcade near where my sister works. It's got a few pins & I'm hoping to go there with her soon.

O/T Your screen name is **really** familiar. You don't happen to have another hobby that involves music & travel, do you?

#279 2 years ago
    Quoted from Roadmarks:

Um. Hi!
    I've loved pinball since I was a little kid but had no clue there was a whole hobby & community around it until three years ago.
    I'm still a total newbie. I don't own any machines (but someday Twister *will* be mine!) and I live in a bit of a pinball desert so lately I've been playing on my phone.
    I've always had a ton of guy friends but I gotta say it's nice to find out this thread exists, no matter how quiet it is!

Welcome!!
    I actually don't post on here anymore but figured I would break my silence to welcome you! There are actually quite a few ladies that love pinball. I'm in Southern Ohio and we have about 6 ladies in our local league of 32 players (there are many more out they're just not in our league). We just held our annual Cincy Pinball Championship tourney here last weekend and there was a lady from Columbus who finished 4th out of 43 total players.
    There is a posted list of pinballs on location (in Ohio) I think on here somewhere maybe Da Wezl can lead you on how to search for it? I know there are several locations in Columbus and Cleveland area as well as a few here in Southern Ohio...not sure about Toledo area though but I would guess there are some out there. Don't give up looking! Pinball is an awesome hobby and I have met some of my best friends through this hobby!

Quoted from PavBall:

Are any of you working on similar projects where you are? What success are you having? Any suggestions for me

DaWezl...Haven't been doing a ladies only tourney but trying to get an annual event going in my area. This year was the highest turn out yet. We had 43 folks compete in the main tourney and we also did a side Iron Maiden premium (launch style) tourney that we had 30 folks compete in. So don't give up!! Just keep trying eventually it will work out for you!!

Phoebe

#280 2 years ago
    Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

Welcome!!
    I actually don't post on here anymore but figured I would break my silence to welcome you! There are actually quite a few ladies that love pinball. I'm in Southern Ohio and we have about 6 ladies in our local league of 32 players (there are many more out they're just not in our league). We just held our annual Cincy Pinball Championship tourney here last weekend and there was a lady from Columbus who finished 4th out of 43 total players.
    There is a posted list of pinballs on location (in Ohio) I think on here somewhere maybe Da Wezl can lead you on how to search for it? I know there are several locations in Columbus and Cleveland area as well as a few here in Southern Ohio...not sure about Toledo area though but I would guess there are some out there. Don't give up looking! Pinball is an awesome hobby and I have met some of my best friends through this hobby!

DaWezl...Haven't been doing a ladies only tourney but trying to get an annual event going in my area. This year was the highest turn out yet. We had 43 folks compete in the main tourney and we also did a side Iron Maiden premium (launch style) tourney that we had 30 folks compete in. So don't give up!! Just keep trying eventually it will work out for you!!
    Phoebe

Thank you!
    I have to say I was intimidated when I first got the nerve up to join instead of just lurk but everyone's been great!

Superelectric is supposed to be *the* place in Cleveland. That's where I keep trying to meet up with my friend.

Thanks to the map on here I've found a pizza place & a restaurant with (apparently) mediocre food that each have a single game. If I have to I'll learn to eat pizza & play pinball at the same time earlier than I planned.

#281 2 years ago

Toledo is not too far from Ann Arbor, where i'm from, and there are some dudes there doing an informal league these days, i think, with at least a few women playing in it. Not sure the best way to get in touch with that, but i can look into contact details if you're interested. Venues for that move around people's homes in SE Mich mostly, i believe. But there's also Pinball Pete's right next to UofM campus, which has a pile of pinball to play. Next time i'm back visiting my parents in town maybe we can arrange a meet up there for a few games.

#282 2 years ago

Reset Toledo (next to Bar 145 on Monroe) has several pinball machines. I can't vouch for their condition, as I have never been there, but it might be worth checking out. It looks like they have a Baywatch, RoadShow, and Simpsons.

http://resetarcade.com/toledo

#283 2 years ago
    Quoted from SirScott:

Reset Toledo (next to Bar 145 on Monroe) has several pinball machines. I can't vouch for their condition, as I have never been there, but it might be worth checking out. It looks like they have a Baywatch, RoadShow, and Simpsons.
    http://resetarcade.com/toledo

The two pins (Baywatch & Simpsons) were clean when I was there a couple months ago.

#284 2 years ago

Check out Dr Scott’s Pinball in Maumee.

#285 2 years ago

Ladies, thank you for being into pinball!! I have a gal friend that loves to play, and I just wish there were more ladies in our area that were into pinball for her!! Happy gal, happy life. Just saying!!

2 months later
    #286 2 years ago

Here is a bump just to see what new ladies we may have on Pinside enjoying pinball. Introduce yourselves.

I’ve not had to much luck getting eight ladies together in Lake Charles. I can scrounge up four or five at any given time but working out a weekend when eight are available to launch the IFPA division in Louisiana has been a challenge.

3 months later
    #287 1 year ago

Hi all, I'm new to the forum and thought I would say hello!

Late 40's, originally from OH, happily married for 20 years, 2 furry children, and 1 Dr Who pinball. I bought it for my husband (who is from the UK) for his 40th. We haven't really done anything to it since we bought it, until we started having issues with the mini play field. It's basically been sitting for a couple of years because I haven't had time to do anything with it. My husband is not interested in anything but playing it (he has other hobbies), but I love taking anything apart, and am the more techie/ DIY person.

So for Christmas this year I promised I would start on it and I finally have. Really looking forward to get everything working, cleaned up and start playing again.

Am interested to see how many ladies we currently have active on the forum!

#288 1 year ago
    Quoted from neemypeemy:

Late 40's, originally from OH, happily married for 20 years, 2 furry children, and 1 Dr Who pinball. I bought it for my husband (who is from the UK) for his 40th. We haven't really done anything to it since we bought it, until we started having issues with the mini play field. It's basically been sitting for a couple of years because I haven't had time to do anything with it. My husband is not interested in anything but playing it (he has other hobbies), but I love taking anything apart, and am the more techie/ DIY person.
    So for Christmas this year I promised I would start on it and I finally have. Really looking forward to get everything working, cleaned up and start playing again.
    Am interested to see how many ladies we currently have active on the forum!

Welcome!!! Ohio resident here! I'm not as active on this forum as I used to be...but I'm very active in Pinball! I love to restore (original parts not building a new one from repro parts) games, and customize them! We (hubby and I been together 34 years) go to shows (just had 12 games at the first local Cincy show Pincinnati the last weekend in Nov.) and hold tournaments here at our house. (Hosting Ohio Pinball Wizards finals here on Sat. the 12th.) I also run (with help) our Cincy Pinball League and we have hosted a Summer party/tourney here at our house each June this year will be the 4th annual Cincy Pinball Championship... So even though I'm not active on the forums I'm very active in Pinball in general!

Good luck with your project and Welcome to this crazy hobby!!
    Phoebe

#289 1 year ago
    Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

Welcome!!! Ohio resident here! I'm not as active on this forum as I used to be...but I'm very active in Pinball! I love to restore (original parts not building a new one from repro parts) games, and customize them! We (hubby and I been together 34 years) go to shows (just had 12 games at the first local Cincy show Pincinnati the last weekend in Nov.) and hold tournaments here at our house. (Hosting Ohio Pinball Wizards finals here on Sat. the 12th.) I also run (with help) our Cincy Pinball League and we have hosted a Summer party/tourney here at our house each June this year will be the 4th annual Cincy Pinball Championship... So even though I'm not active on the forums I'm very active in Pinball in general!
    Good luck with your project and Welcome to this crazy hobby!!
    Phoebe

Hey Phoebe!

Wow, sounds like you guys have your hands full! I'm barely being able to keep up with repairing our one pill ball machine so can't imagine, LOL...

I don't have any family left in OH so never go, but sounds like you guys are having a blast.

Enjoy and thanks for the welcome!

#290 1 year ago

Is Blondtall still here? I need more rub!

#291 1 year ago
    Quoted from neemypeemy:

Welcome to the forum!! Our numbers are slowly growing.

11 months later
    #292 10 months ago

Wow it’s been super quiet in here! Was laughing with my husband yesterday that my Xmas wish list looked like it was for two different people—I asked for tools and pinball supplies, and then I also asked for lots of fuzzy soft pajamas and LUSH bath goodies!

I guess I was pretty good this year since I got both!!

#293 10 months ago
    Quoted from DaWezl:

I guess I was pretty good this year since I got both!!

Sounds like the jackpot to me!

3 months later
    #294 6 months ago

Backbox Pinball Podcast episode 45: Pinball Happy Hour - Pinball Women Ottawa
    http://www.backboxpinballpodcast.com/45

#295 6 months ago
    Quoted from cait001:

Backbox Pinball Podcast episode 45: Pinball Happy Hour - Pinball Women Ottawa
    http://www.backboxpinballpodcast.com/45

Yay!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 22.50
    $ 64.00
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    DevilsMuse Arcade
    $ 131.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Tilted Pinball
    $ 149.00
    $ 27.50
    $ 29.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 29.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    The GameRoom Store
    Lighting - Interactive
    TheDudeMods
    $ 85.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 27.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 68.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 199.95
    Playfields
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 5.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Chrome Candy
    $ 20.00
    Various Novelties
    GC Pinball
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 5.00
    $ 9.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 8.50
    Lighting - Led
    Pinball Haus
    $ 4.00
    Playfield - Decals
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Protection
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 9,099.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    There are 295 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside