6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by spinal
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ghostbusters_versions (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 6 years ago

Great idea! But if I understand your request correctly, we already have a system in place for this. It's currently applied to the Addams Family (regular/gold), modern Stern games (pro/prem/LE) and some of the remakes. The system is very simple: one game is set as "parent" of a group and then others are added as "children".

For example, Ghostbusters Pro (PinsideID #2378) is currently a parent of the Ghostbusters group. And the Premium/LE (PinsideID #2396) is set as a child. This is displayed as:

ghostbusters_versions (resized).pngghostbusters_versions (resized).png

I'm sure there's plenty of older games in our archive that have not yet been "grouped" like this, due to lack of time and/or knowledge on my end.

Is this what you are asking? I could set you up as an archive editor and allow you to edit these things in our archive.

Another cool idea would be something like: "if you like this game, also check out that game". But I don't think that's what you're asking, right?

#5 6 years ago

I could create "game pools"? Via a database table that groups games together by their ID and an optional comment?

This would not work via an interface (too time intensive to build at this moment), so you would simply e-mail me the information in a specific format so that I can insert it into our database.

I can imagine a file formatted as:

"Some comment text" | <game_id>,<game_id>,<game_id>,<game_id>
    "Another comment text" | <game_id>,<game_id>,<game_id>,<game_id>
    "And another comment text" | <game_id>,<game_id>,<game_id>,<game_id>
    etc

I would throw this into a new database reference table.

Then, whenever displaying a game that has an entry in this table, I could render a box with the comment and a representation of the games in that pool. A game could potentially even belong to multiple pools.

I hope that makes sense and that I'm approaching this the right way.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-game-archive-needs-related-games-section?tu=robin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.