key-posts-1 (resized).png
key-post (resized).jpg
redesigned-forum-tabs (resized).jpg
mention-gizza (resized).jpg
mention-gizza-post (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Full Explanation of the Update Posted by robin (7 years ago)

Post #7 Martijn explains some advantages of creating topic indices. Posted by Martijn (7 years ago)

Post #24 List of Post-Update Bug Fixes Posted by robin (7 years ago)

Post #41 List of 2nd Round Bug Fixes and Changes Posted by robin (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider peterg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#40 7 years ago

I still have the posts I viewed view, but there is still no easy way to open all those posts and without clicking on them one by one. Is ther eno way the layout can be that you open your favorites or viewed list and the new posts just drops down? Currently I open my favorites page and open each topic in a new tab, with over 50 topics, you get 50 tabs open and then close tab after tab. There should be another way...for the rest great changes.

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Here is how I keep up on my conversations..
I bookmark the activity/topics page - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/view/user-visited - This page shows you either all the threads you've viewed or posted in. Each thread has colored circles and numbers at the right side of the page showing how many new posts there are since you last viewed the thread
I then scroll through the page for topics I want to look at right now. For each I'm interested in, I use the mouse button that opens a link in a new tab.. and click on the colored number for each thread I'm interested in. Then do this for all the threads I'm interested in.. and then one by one go through each tab and read/interact with each thread.
Using tabs, and the activity page is a great way to keep up with discussions you are interested in without having to back and forth a lot.

I do exactly the same, but when you follow, say 30 threads, you have 3 tabs open. Which is getting crowded in the browser.
Is there any what to just click on the colored number and the post just drop down, on the same page. You then can just scroll down until you reach the end en the next thread with a colored number is there to click on. Clear?

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I'd love to see a button that takes me straight to that list, except not even bothering to show topics without new posts (or bookmarks in the middle). Especially on my phone.

I think you can do that with the button most recent activity - that will sort your list on threads with activity instead of the ones you last visited.

#49 7 years ago

I love a challenge
You could limit it to say 25 posts and then a button to open a new tab with the thread.
Or a solution where a you have a drop down button which opens a frame below the thread header with the thread where you can scroll through, just for viewing, if you would like to post something you would have to go to the thread by clicking on the thread header.

Just thinking out loud here.....

#78 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

OK, but.... I turned it on, now I'm not able to turn it off.... It just won't work...

Same here, I clicked it of, but refreshing the page will turn it on again. Visiting another page also does not do the job, it will not turn off??

#102 7 years ago

Yes working ok here too, PC - Chrome

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider peterg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-forum-quality-update?tu=peterg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.