Post-bookmark (resized).png
post-mentions-list (resized).png
key-posts-1 (resized).png
key-post (resized).jpg
redesigned-forum-tabs (resized).jpg
mention-gizza (resized).jpg
mention-gizza-post (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 138 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm doing fine, how do you you do?
(first donate at least $5, then go to forum settings, top right of screen, last option)
You no pay, you stuck with them.

hehe... grammar police!!!

Bom saber que você está bem! E a família, tudo tranquilo?

Obrigado pela dica.
Um abraço.

#102 4 years ago

Yes working ok here too, PC - Chrome

#103 4 years ago
Quoted from Martijn:

Ok, we implemented this behaviour. You can now hide idle topics (that's topics without any updates since you last opened the topic). This toggle has been added to every topic and post activity view and will 'remember' the way it has been set.
We think it's a neat, small addition to the "forum quality update", thanks everybody for coming up with good ideas.

I just discovered this feature -- wonderful (and thank you).

I may have missed how this works, but is there a way to screen for posts that pass a thumbs-up threshold?

#104 4 years ago

Am I blind or dumb(or both), I can't find where to look at the market "archive" anymore to see what prices things might have been listed or sold at previously? Is that gone now?

#105 4 years ago
Quoted from SteveinTexas:

Redesigned forum bookmarks
Is the post bookmark working as you designed? When I bookmark a particular post in a topic I get all the topic posts. I can drain the other posts but that seems not to be what was intended and what we had discussed a month or so ago.
maybe my vernacular regarding topics, posts, thread is confused.
Steve J.

Bump. I don't see an answer to this. Apologize if I missed it.

#106 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Am I blind or dumb(or both), I can't find where to look at the market "archive" anymore to see what prices things might have been listed or sold at previously? Is that gone now?

Marketplace > classifieds tab > archived classified ads button

Screenshot_2016-11-18-19-59-11-1 (resized).png

Also, if you're looking at a marketplace listing, there is an archive link that you can also click on.

#107 4 years ago

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but normally when you read all the new posts in a thread and go back to the forums to read other threads, the thread you just read no longer shows new posts.

Now, after reading a thread, it takes some time for it to show read. Before it was instant (except on mobile, that took a while longer).

EDIT: Looks like the issue shows up if you hit back through the thread instead of either clicking on the forum/front page or hitting refresh.

#108 4 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

EDIT: Looks like the issue shows up if you hit back through the thread instead of either clicking on the forum/front page or hitting refresh.

Same for me (using Safari on a Mac). No issue if you refresh.

#109 4 years ago

I noticed that there is now a 24hour period for edits on a post. Occasionally I'll go back and re-read something I wrote more than 24 hours later and realize that I made some silly typographical error and would like to fix it. Is it necessary to put a time-period on post edits?

Thanks for all your work, Robin.

Sincerely,
Ryan

#110 4 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

I noticed that there is now a 24hour period for edits on a post. Occasionally I'll go back and re-read something I wrote more than 24 hours later and realize that I made some silly typographical error and would like to fix it. Is it necessary to put a time-period on post edits?
Thanks for all your work, Robin.
Sincerely,
Ryan

I find this a serious block on me doing anymore technical topics or updating what I have on Pinside. It may be weeks later that I get additional info and cannot update anymore. Looking to possibly Facebook in the future.

#111 4 years ago
Quoted from SteveinTexas:

I find this a serious block on me doing anymore technical topics or updating what I have on Pinside. It may be weeks later that I get additional info and cannot update anymore. Looking to possibly Facebook in the future.

You can still add additional text to posts--there is just more transparency that something has been edited by making an addendum, rather than a silent edit.

Tech and restoration threads are not subject to the same restrictions since we're aware folks like to update and add things.

Additionally, if you are working on some sort of a guide/tutorial thread, or anything else that needs additional editing privileges, contact Robin.

If you would like to discuss your situation further, Robin is always open to suggestions in a moderator feedback thread.

#112 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

You can still add additional text to posts--there is just be more transparency that something has been edited by making an addendum, rather than a silent edit.
Tech and restoration threads are not subject to the same restrictions since we're aware folks like to update and add things.
Additionally, if you are working on some sort of a guide/tutorial thread, or anything else that needs additional editing privileges, contact Robin.
If you would like to discuss your situation further, Robin is always open to suggestions in a moderator feedback thread.

Thank you.

#113 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

You can still add additional text to posts--there is just more transparency that something has been edited by making an addendum, rather than a silent edit.

Fun!

#114 4 years ago

Hi ForceFlow +
I would like to have it impossible to "silent edit" a post. There was a reason for to edit a post --- maybe a corrigendum of "faulty writing / explanation" (?). People should know - so I would like to have every "edited post" with an "sign on top of the post": "Attention - this post has been edited - look-out at the end of the post for addendum", greetings Rolf

1 month later
#115 4 years ago

I love the idea of getting a notice when someone mentions you with an @ symbol, but is it working? Someone mentioned me, and I was not notified. Nor was it listed under posts quoting or mentioning you as a mention. They quoted me as well, and it was listed as a quote in that section. It would be great to have an option of getting an email when someone specifically mentions you with an @ as opposed to just quoting you. In that way, you might discover that you were mentioned in a thread which you haven't visited yet. If I am missing something, let me know. Thanks.

#116 4 years ago

When you go to the quotes and mentions tab, you should see any posts that quote or mention you:

pasted_image (resized).png

I am working on a notification center section, which will gather all site notifications and optionally forward them to e-mail or via browser of mobile push notification. Coming soon!

Here is a sneak peek:

download (resized).png

#117 4 years ago

Thanks for the response, Robin, but maybe there's a bug in it. I'm not sure if anyone has tagged me with an @ symbol before now, but someone just quoted my text and then tagged me with an @ (perhaps for the first time). When I go to the quotes and mentions tab, it doesn't show me being tagged. It just shows that my text was quoted.

As for the notifications, it would be great if you could choose what types of notifications you want to receive by email. For instance, I would not want an email every time someone quotes my text. That happens too often, and I find out about it already by looking at my topics tab and seeing what is new in the threads I've participated in. I would like to know, however, if there is a thread in which I am not participating but someone tags me with an @ in it. I might be drawn to that thread. If I got an email, I would notice it. If I had to go to a notifications tab, I don't think I would do that regularly. Similarly, I would like to get someone's attention by tagging them in a thread with an @ even if they were not participating. If they got an email, it would be more likely to get their attention.

I hope that makes sense. It seems like you may be contemplating this with the link that allows you to configure notifications.

Anyway, great site! Just a few suggestions.

1 month later
#118 4 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Hide idle is brilliant! Perfect! Thanks!!!

The "Hide Idle" function seems to be broken on my browser (Firefox 51.0.1 32-bit). It no longer works when I refresh the webpage. It only works a single time when I turn it off and turn it back on again, but on all subsequent refreshes, it no longer works.

Is anyone else seeing the same thing?

#119 4 years ago

PS - the "Hide Idle" function also appears to be broken on Safari.

#120 4 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

The "Hide Idle" function seems to be broken on my browser (Firefox 51.0.1 32-bit). It no longer works when I refresh the webpage. It only works a single time when I turn it off and turn it back on again, but on all subsequent refreshes, it no longer works.
Is anyone else seeing the same thing?

Quoted from Razorbak86:

Add Google Chrome to the list of browsers that the "Hide Idle" function does not work on.

Maybe it's not a browser issue. Never had a problem until today.

#121 4 years ago

robin Martijn
I don't like how the top menu scrolls off the screen all the time now. Is that an option I can change?

#122 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Add Google Chrome to the list of browsers that the "Hide Idle" function does not work on.
Maybe it's not a browser issue. Never had a problem until today.

Quoted from Razorbak86:

There was a bug with the idle hiding feature that robin just fixed.

#123 4 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

robin martijn
I don't like how the top menu scrolls off the screen all the time now. Is that an option I can change?

Scroll back up slightly and it will reappear if you want it.

#124 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

It doesn't appear to be fixed in either Firefox or Safari? Has the fix not been rolled out yet?

#125 4 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

It doesn't appear to be fixed in either Firefox or Safari? Has the fix not been rolled out yet?

Works for me. Make sure you're not blocking scripts from cloudflare.com..

#126 4 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Not working for me either, MacOS, FF 51.0.1 and Safari 10.0.3, both with cleared browser caches.

#127 4 years ago

Ok, I'll leave a note for robin to take a look. It looks like the change might have only fixed things for Chrome.

#128 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Scroll back up slightly and it will reappear if you want it.

Yeah, but that's annoying. I liked it better when it was always there.

#129 4 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Yeah, but that's annoying. I liked it better when it was always there.

I agree it's distracting when it appears again. I hate sites that hide and show stuff when you scroll, half the time it's just in your way, or not there when you want it. Bad design! Aurich wouldn't be guilty of anything like that, right?

#130 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I agree it's distracting when it appears again. I hate sites that hide and show stuff when you scroll, half the time it's just in your way, or not there when you want it. Bad design! Aurich wouldn't be guilty of anything like that, right?

Actually we use the same trick to hide/show the nav on Ars Technica, so definitely guilty on that one.

I like it personally. It's out of my way when I don't need it, and easy to summon when I do.

#131 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

It's definitely not fixed.

Quoted from ForceFlow:

Ok, I'll leave a note for robin to take a look. It looks like the change might have only fixed things for Chrome.

Negative. I'm using Chrome.

#132 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Actually we use the same trick to hide/show the nav on Ars Technica, so definitely guilty on that one.
I like it personally. It's out of my way when I don't need it, and easy to summon when I do.

Yeah, everybody's doing it.

What bothers me about it is that when I scroll down, I want to see more content that's currently off the bottom of the page. In response, the site hides the header content that is at the top of the page. Fine, I guess.

However, when I scroll up, I'm trying to see content that's off the top of the page, and that's when the site decides to take up valuable space right where I'm looking at the scrolling content at the top of the page to show me the header again.

It should put the header at the bottom of the page when I scroll up, and at the top when I scroll down. There, I fixed it for you.

#133 4 years ago

I'd probably say that removing the header on mobile would be OK, but leave it on desktop.

#134 4 years ago

Forum thread not appearing in order of last post on my favorites. seems like that's the way it's been for years.
Now, I have to scroll down page to see topics with new posts.
I keep about 100 favorites in that batch, I have to hunt for a topic now to find latest post.

#135 4 years ago

Idle hiding still doesn't work 100% since last week...

#136 4 years ago

I'm happy to report that Idle Hiding seems to be working for me again today.

4 weeks later
#137 4 years ago
Quoted from robin:

Post mentions and Game Links

Sometimes you might want to refer to someone or mention them in a post. Now you can! If you type an @ character in the post box, you will be able to enter a Pinsider's name.

Hit the @ sign to mention a Pinsider in your post. The autocomplete dropdown box makes sure you are mentioning the right person and avoids typos.

When you mention a Pinsider, their name will become clickable in the post:

A fancy way to highlight a Pinsider name in a post.But more importantly, it notifies that Pinsider that he has been mentioned. A overview of all your mentions can be find on the front page in the new mentions section (see screenshot below).

The 'notification' needs to be more stand-outish.
I never click on the '@' button up there, and it'd be nice for it to highlight when there a 'new' mention or not.. You know, to draw attention?

Would also like to be able to see a difference between a quote mention and a @ mention, as @ mentions should have a much higher rating. (Because it's usually done in a conversation that you aren't a part of.. whereas quotes, well, you're already a part of that..)

#138 4 years ago

Ive been seeing problems with marketplace adds and the corresponding picture for them.
They haven't been matching up, im getting duplicate pictures side by side on the flash banner adds.

There are 138 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside