key-posts-1 (resized).png
key-post (resized).jpg
redesigned-forum-tabs (resized).jpg
mention-gizza (resized).jpg
mention-gizza-post (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Full Explanation of the Update Posted by robin (7 years ago)

Post #7 Martijn explains some advantages of creating topic indices. Posted by Martijn (7 years ago)

Post #24 List of Post-Update Bug Fixes Posted by robin (7 years ago)

Post #41 List of 2nd Round Bug Fixes and Changes Posted by robin (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 138 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 7 years ago

Today we are excited to announce a bunch of new features for Pinside!

TL;DR

• A feature to help you find the interesting stuff quicker: called Key Posts
  • A mechanism to allow Pinsiders to drain posts
  • A new post bookmarking feature
  • The ability to tag members and games in posts using mention and game tags
  • Introducing account verification

Read on to learn more!

Quality update - introduction

Pinside keeps on growing (both in number of users and daily number of posts) and that's great! Right? RIGHT? ..Well, yes of course, but it also provides challenges or the need for new functionality. We try to solve these with site updates such as this one, adding new features and fixing bugs.

The initial problem we set out to fix with this update is the increasing "noise level" on Pinside. Navigating the forums becomes increasingly difficult proportional to the growing amount of posts overall and with thousands of people posting their ideas and opinions, it can be a daunting task to get to the good stuff, if you will.

We mean to address the issues of noise on Pinside by giving more visibility to good content (see key posts) and less visibility to content that doesn't add anything useful to the discussion (see post drains). We try to keep you in the loop by letting you know if someone is talking to you or reacting to something you've posted (see post mentions/quotes). We also made some changes to the forum tabs layout to better divide posts, topics and settings (see improved forum tabs layout) and redesigned the bookmark functionality (see redesigned forum bookmarks). And finally, to combat throwaway/fake/spam/troll accounts we've added "account verification".

Key posts

Pinside is a busy site! On average, we see around 75-100 new topics every day and around 1,500-3,000 new posts. One of the ‘complaints’ that we often hear about is that there is a lot of noise and it’s hard to find the *real* information buried between all the opinions and discussion.

…Enter Key Posts. These are posts, marked as vital pieces of information in a thread by Pinside staff and "editors". Key posts are posts that are essential in bringing a topic forward. They should always be factual / informative. By singling out key posts we hope to improve the quality of (the flow of) information by reducing redundancy (information that keep being repeated again and again because people can't locate it in the ever growing amount of posts to a popular thread).

"Pinside editor" is a special user status for Pinside members who applied to help making Pinside's content of better quality. If you have been annoyed by the amount of noise filling up certain well visited topics, here it finally is: your chance to do something about it. Click the link below to read more.

As soon as a post is marked as a Key Post, it will turn yellow.

This is what a key post will look like, easy to recognize while scrolling through a thread.This is what a key post will look like, easy to recognize while scrolling through a thread.

Any thread with key posts automatically gets a key post index, making it much easier to locate those vital pieces of information:

The key post index shows you an index of important posts in a thread.The key post index shows you an index of important posts in a thread.

» Read more about key posts and becoming a Pinside editor.

Post drains

The moderation team does a great job at keeping the forum clean of spam and the discussion civil. But with 1,500-3,000 posts per day, they can’t read every post made. The community, thousands of you browsing the site every day, together you can! If you see a post that contains spam or that is otherwise not worthy of your reading time, you can now drain it. Similar to draining topics, which was already possible, you will never see that post again.

post-drain (resized).pngpost-drain (resized).png

And then there's auto-draining. If a large enough number of Pinsiders drain a post, Pinside hides it by default for everyone else. This is of course adjustable in your forum settings (for those of you with enough time, who want to see everything) but it should help in keeping noise to a minimum. Note: Auto-draining functionality is still experimental, in beta and under evaluation.

Post mentions and Game Links

Sometimes you might want to refer to someone or mention them in a post. Now you can! If you type an @ character in the post box, you will be able to enter a Pinsider's name.

Hit the @ sign to mention a Pinsider in  your post. The autocomplete dropdown box makes sure you are mentioning the right person and avoids typos.Hit the @ sign to mention a Pinsider in your post. The autocomplete dropdown box makes sure you are mentioning the right person and avoids typos.

When you mention a Pinsider, their name will become clickable in the post:

A fancy way to highlight a Pinsider name in a post.A fancy way to highlight a Pinsider name in a post.

But more importantly, it notifies that Pinsider that he has been mentioned. A overview of all your mentions can be find on the front page in the new mentions section (see screenshot below).

The new posts tab allows you to view all posts mentioning or quoting you.The new posts tab allows you to view all posts mentioning or quoting you.

In a similar fashion, you can now tag pinball machine names by typing the # character in a post, followed by the game's title, which can also be selected from a menu that appears as you type. This will add a smart links to machines in the game archive, which (in the near future) will help make forum posts more easily searchable.

Improved forum tabs layout

To allow you to more easily find relevant topics and posts, we changed the division of the tabs for topics (contains all views related to topics), posts (contains all views related to posts) and relocated other functionality (like forum settings, mentions, favorites and search) as individual tabs with recognizable icons.

That's a lot of change, but it greatly simplifies the amount of tbs in the forum section.That's a lot of change, but it greatly simplifies the amount of tbs in the forum section.

Redesigned forum bookmarks

The bookmark button has been moved to the bottom left of a post and its functionality has been altered. Click it to bookmark an interesting post. You can even add a small summary for yourself and add some tags to help find back that one post explaining how to test a Tip122 transistor:

Creating a post bookmark.Creating a post bookmark.

Note: The old behavior (clicking the bookmark icon to create a temporary bookmarker that helps keep track of your position in a topic) was removed, we are considering if we should add it back if demand for it is there.

User verification

Pinside is a tight-knit community and an important aspect of such a community is trust. Recent events (often caused by 1-day fake accounts) are not only attacking our site with spam but have also threatened the integrity of our site (spreading misinformation or placing scammer ads) and this is our answer to that.

The verified icon shows you that this account and its owner is legit.The verified icon shows you that this account and its owner is legit.

In the nearby future, unverified accounts will have some limitations on the site. Verifying your account will lift these limitations and even grant a few additional perks.

» Read more about user verification and how to become a verified user.

And more!
And besides these new features, there was a lot of work done to make the site function faster, better and with less bugs. Lot of tweaks to simplify things and tweaks to the (mobile) responsive design as well. And also some pretty big UI updates like, for example, the collection screen was redesigned.

If you spot any bugs, you can report them by creating a thread in the Pinside > Bugs sub-forum. Or PM me. Hope you like the update!

#2 7 years ago

You're too good to us, Robin!

@-pinsider mentions are a cool idea and I like having less clutter at the top of the page with the reduced number of tabs. If I'm not mistaken, you can actually search for games on your "Collections" page now, whereas before you couldn't? Is that correct? I seem to remember having to go a circuitous route previously (Home Page -> Seach for Game -> Add Item to wish list/collection), rather than a more intuitive route straight to your collection. Anyhow, thanks for always striving to make our user experience better.

Sincerely,
Ryan

#3 7 years ago

Sounds like some nice updates Robin.
Thanks.

#5 7 years ago

thank you!!

#6 7 years ago

I like the user verification. Most forums have some kind of verification system to help keep spam down.

The key posts is an interesting feature as well. I think you should give that power to the thread creators as well. That would cause the threads to be self policing and reduce the need for mods. The only drawback of it is it seems a little redundant. In the Heighway Aliens thread, new people will come in asking for details of the game and they can already make it so they can see all of Heighway's posts to read this info but they don't do it. Hopefully this will be a more noticeable function.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

The key posts is an interesting feature as well. I think you should give that power to the thread creators as well. That would cause the threads to be self policing and reduce the need for mods.

We think so as well, although it will probably take some time for this feature to really take off. We need enough editors to make it really useful. Giving this power to topic creators is something we are considering, but we're not sure if it will be done consistent enough then. But I agree that topic creators are very passionate about their topic (mostly), so they would make good candidates. We could run a test with this, I guess.

Quoted from dmbjunky:

The only drawback of it is it seems a little redundant. In the Heighway Aliens thread, new people will come in asking for details of the game and they can already make it so they can see all of Heighway's posts to read this info but they don't do it. Hopefully this will be a more noticeable function.

Well, you know that Andrew Heighway is the owner and provides updates, but a lot of new people won't know this. And there are a lot of topics where it is less straightforward what the interesting posts are. Also, have a look at the example in which employees are giving feedback. Those names are less known by the community as the Heighway one.

The feature will be more noticeable because an index of key posts is generated at top of the topic. Also by providing a short summary of key posts, the topic will get a contents structure which should make it more readable and prevent people from asking the same questions over and over.

#8 7 years ago

Key Posts sounds like a great idea. Don't want to sift through 200 pages on a certain game thread looking for faq or helpful tech info? Search through less than 10 pages of key posts to learn all about the important stuff!

#9 7 years ago

Awesome update thanks robin and Martijn

#10 7 years ago

Awesome update! Pinside is one of the best run forums on the net.

#11 7 years ago

But what did you do with the activity bar, I always like clicking on it to see if there are any new post in topics that ive posted in, as those are often the topics i like. But I cant find it now

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from Tilt:

But what did you do with the activity bar, I always like clicking on it to see if there are any new post in topics that ive posted in, as those are often the topics i like. But I cant find it now

Click 'Topic Views'.

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from Tilt:

Ditto. Thats the first thing I check everytime I log-in.

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Ditto. Thats the first thing I check everytime I log-in.

Quoted from Coyote:

Click 'Topic Views'.

#15 7 years ago

As of this latest update, Pinsiders on my ignore list are no longer being ignored.

#16 7 years ago

Can we have the "Activity" button back please?

#17 7 years ago

Yay, this update fixed the display issue I've been having for a while now, with the left menu now displaying next to the forum topics instead of the forum topics appearing below it.

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

As of this latest update, Pinsiders on my ignore list are no longer being ignored.

I've mentioned this to the staff.

In the meantime, I've found that if you un-ignore them and ignore them again, they are once again banished.

EDIT: no, that's not right either. They disappear momentarily, but once you leave the page, they're back at it again.

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Can we have the "Activity" button back please?

It is now when you click "topics". So, it's still there just a new name.

#20 7 years ago

All sounds great. @ mentions is an especially nice feature to have!

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from robin:

Note: The old behavior (clicking the bookmark icon to create a temporary bookmarker that helps keep track of your position in a topic) was removed, we are considering if we should add it back if demand for it is there.

robin I really like the idea you can mark a particular post as a bookmark, even better to be able to add my own notes, but I also really liked the ability to save my place in a thread. A particular thread may be many pages long and I don't have time to read it all and like the ability to go back where I left off. Unless I'm missing something, without this the only options are unvisiting and losing where I left off or the entire thread gets marked read.

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

It is now when you click "topics". So, it's still there just a new name.

Indeed. And to make things a bit more clear, we have changed the sub titles to 'Topic activity' and 'Post activity'. Note that as we have introduced a lot of new views, having 2 tabs is really needed to keep things accessible. We didn't introduce this new tab just for the fun of it.

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from danisme:

robin I really like the idea you can mark a particular post as a bookmark, even better to be able to add my own notes, but I also really liked the ability to save my place in a thread. A particular thread may be many pages long and I don't have time to read it all and like the ability to go back where I left off. Unless I'm missing something, without this the only options are unvisiting and losing where I left off or the entire thread gets marked read.

same here, maybe add back the bookmark as the old way, and a new button "dog eared" with the new features, or "post it note".
I am slowly working my way through some long threads and like to be able to go right where I was...

#24 7 years ago

Thanks for all comments and feedback! Every update always brings some bugs along, but we're working hard to get everything running smoothly for y'all over the next few days. I just pushed a small bugfix update:

- Tweaked verification display for people who have a Biz on Pinside (biz/user checkmark)
- Fixed bug that was showing yellow bumper for unvoted posts.
- Fixed bug with ignored user posts still displaying.
- Fixed post/topic count bug on user profile.
- Small design changes.
- Re-named tabs topics/posts suffix text to contain the word "activity"

Quoted from danisme:

I'm planning to bring this functionality back, it was removed because it conflicted with the new bookmarking tool - I first planned this to be a complete replacement, but now I can see the need to have both. Also, I feel "bookmark" was not exactly the right name for it, since it's more about marking your position in a thread than it is about storing information for later retrieval). So it'll come back but probably with another icon and maybe other place in the UI. Stay tuned!

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from danisme:

I brought the feature back, as a part of the bookmark popout. I realize it's now two clicks instead of one but this will have to do for now!

Click the link to mark your read position in the current thread.Click the link to mark your read position in the current thread.

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from danisme:

I also really liked the ability to save my place in a thread. A particular thread may be many pages long and I don't have time to read it all and like the ability to go back where I left off.

? I always go right back where I left off?

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from robin:

Sometimes you might want to refer to someone or mention them in a post. Now you can! If you type an @ character in the post box, you will be able to enter a Pinsider's name.

But more importantly, it notifies that Pinsider that he has been mentioned. A overview of all your mentions can be find on the front page in the new mentions section (see screenshot below).

I emailed a suggestion for this, cool!

#28 7 years ago

I miss the 'activity' link which a nice one-click list of topics I am interested in.

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

I miss the 'activity' link which a nice one-click list of topics I am interested in.

It still is just one click.

#30 7 years ago

I always thought the bookmark was for bookmarking posts so you could refer to them at a later time. So the new feature is perfect as I'll actually be using it correctly.

#31 7 years ago

Thanks for the updates.
I appreciate you keeping on top of all this.

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

? I always go right back where I left off?

If you were caught up when you left, yes. If you start reading a long thread and leave in the middle, you don't want to jump to the first new post since you left when you come back.

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

If you were caught up when you left, yes. If you start reading a long thread and leave in the middle, you don't want to jump to the first new post since you left when you come back.

Oh I get it.
Thanks

#34 7 years ago

Why would I use bookmark to go back to where I was last in a thread, when Pinside already manages this for me automatically?

-mof

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Why would I use bookmark to go back to where I was last in a thread, when Pinside already manages this for me automatically?
-mof

Go up 3 posts.

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from robin:

I brought the feature back, as a part of the bookmark popout. I realize it's now two clicks instead of one but this will have to do for now!

That's awesome @robin, thanks!

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from robin:

Today we are excited to announce a bunch of new features for Pinside!
TL;DR

A feature to help you find the interesting stuff quicker: called Key Posts
A mechanism to allow Pinsiders to drain posts
A new post bookmarking feature
The ability to tag members and games in posts using mention and game tags
Introducing account verification

Read on to learn more!
Quality update - introduction
Pinside keeps on growing (both in number of users and daily number of posts) and that's great! Right? RIGHT? ..Well, yes of course, but it also provides challenges or the need for new functionality. We try to solve these with site updates such as this one, adding new features and fixing bugs.
The initial problem we set out to fix with this update is the increasing "noise level" on Pinside. Navigating the forums becomes increasingly difficult proportional to the growing amount of posts overall and with thousands of people posting their ideas and opinions, it can be a daunting task to get to the good stuff, if you will.
We mean to address the issues of noise on Pinside by giving more visibility to good content (see key posts) and less visibility to content that doesn't add anything useful to the discussion (see post drains). We try to keep you in the loop by letting you know if someone is talking to you or reacting to something you've posted (see post mentions/quotes). We also made some changes to the forum tabs layout to better divide posts, topics and settings (see improved forum tabs layout) and redesigned the bookmark functionality (see redesigned forum bookmarks). And finally, to combat throwaway/fake/spam/troll accounts we've added "account verification".
Key posts
Pinside is a busy site! On average, we see around 75-100 new topics every day and around 1,500-3,000 new posts. One of the ‘complaints’ that we often hear about is that there is a lot of noise and it’s hard to find the *real* information buried between all the opinions and discussion.
…Enter Key Posts. These are posts, marked as vital pieces of information in a thread by Pinside staff and "editors". Key posts are posts that are essential in bringing a topic forward. They should always be factual / informative. By singling out key posts we hope to improve the quality of (the flow of) information by reducing redundancy (information that keep being repeated again and again because people can't locate it in the ever growing amount of posts to a popular thread).
"Pinside editor" is a special user status for Pinside members who applied to help making Pinside's content of better quality. If you have been annoyed by the amount of noise filling up certain well visited topics, here it finally is: your chance to do something about it. Click the link below to read more.
As soon as a post is marked as a Key Post, it will turn yellow.

Any thread with key posts automatically gets a key post index, making it much easier to locate those vital pieces of information:

» Read more about key posts and becoming a Pinside editor.
Post drains
The moderation team does a great job at keeping the forum clean of spam and the discussion civil. But with 1,500-3,000 posts per day, they can’t read every post made. The community, thousands of you browsing the site every day, together you can! If you see a post that contains spam or that is otherwise not worthy of your reading time, you can now drain it. Similar to draining topics, which was already possible, you will never see that post again.

And then there's auto-draining. If a large enough number of Pinsiders drain a post, Pinside hides it by default for everyone else. This is of course adjustable in your forum settings (for those of you with enough time, who want to see everything) but it should help in keeping noise to a minimum. Note: Auto-draining functionality is still experimental, in beta and under evaluation.

In a similar fashion, you can now tag pinball machine names by typing the # character in a post, followed by the game's title, which can also be selected from a menu that appears as you type. This will add a smart links to machines in the game archive, which (in the near future) will help make forum posts more easily searchable.
Improved forum tabs layout
To allow you to more easily find relevant topics and posts, we changed the division of the tabs for topics (contains all views related to topics), posts (contains all views related to posts) and relocated other functionality (like forum settings, mentions, favorites and search) as individual tabs with recognizable icons.

Redesigned forum bookmarks
The bookmark button has been moved to the bottom left of a post and its functionality has been altered. Click it to bookmark an interesting post. You can even add a small summary for yourself and add some tags to help find back that one post explaining how to test a Tip122 transistor:

User verification
Pinside is a tight-knit community and an important aspect of such a community is trust. Recent events (often caused by 1-day fake accounts) are not only attacking our site with spam but have also threatened the integrity of our site (spreading misinformation or placing scammer ads) and this is our answer to that.

In the nearby future, unverified accounts will have some limitations on the site. Verifying your account will lift these limitations and even grant a few additional perks.
» Read more about user verification and how to become a verified user.
And more!
And besides these new features, there was a lot of work done to make the site function faster, better and with less bugs. Lot of tweaks to simplify things and tweaks to the (mobile) responsive design as well. And also some pretty big UI updates like, for example, the collection screen was redesigned.
If you spot any bugs, you can report them by creating a thread in the Pinside > Bugs sub-forum. Or PM me. Hope you like the update!

TL;DR

#39 7 years ago

Wow you guys do a lot of work I never realized. wheres the donate button, or how do I donate ? nevermind , found it. you guys deserve it.

#40 7 years ago

I still have the posts I viewed view, but there is still no easy way to open all those posts and without clicking on them one by one. Is ther eno way the layout can be that you open your favorites or viewed list and the new posts just drops down? Currently I open my favorites page and open each topic in a new tab, with over 50 topics, you get 50 tabs open and then close tab after tab. There should be another way...for the rest great changes.

#41 7 years ago

Did some more small tweaks, bugfixes etc today:

- Fixed a bug where topic page 2 not loading for some people and for guests.
- Topics with key posts now show a key icon.
- Slightly re-designed Topic index (key posts) overview) - By the way, We're still looking for editors!
- Made tabs slightly bigger.

...Plus, we're getting ready for another major update next week. Can't wait to show y'all what's been cooking here at Pinside for the past few months - it's pretty big. And I think it's really cool!

Quoted from PeterG:

I still have the posts I viewed view, but there is still no easy way to open all those posts and without clicking on them one by one. Is ther eno way the layout can be that you open your favorites or viewed list and the new posts just drops down? Currently I open my favorites page and open each topic in a new tab, with over 50 topics, you get 50 tabs open and then close tab after tab. There should be another way...for the rest great changes.

I read your post a few times, but not sure I understand. You say posts, but do you mean topics? I'm also having trouble imagining how, what you're suggesting, would work? Sorry!

Quoted from mof:

-mof

Exactly, the position bookmarker is there to help you keep track of where you left a thread when you have leave your computer midway through reading a topic. And when you continue reading at a later date, that position marker is automatically removed for you.

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Here is how I keep up on my conversations..
I bookmark the activity/topics page - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/view/user-visited - This page shows you either all the threads you've viewed or posted in. Each thread has colored circles and numbers at the right side of the page showing how many new posts there are since you last viewed the thread
I then scroll through the page for topics I want to look at right now. For each I'm interested in, I use the mouse button that opens a link in a new tab.. and click on the colored number for each thread I'm interested in. Then do this for all the threads I'm interested in.. and then one by one go through each tab and read/interact with each thread.

Using tabs, and the activity page is a great way to keep up with discussions you are interested in without having to back and forth a lot.

#43 7 years ago

I'd love to see a button that takes me straight to that list, except not even bothering to show topics without new posts (or bookmarks in the middle). Especially on my phone.

#44 7 years ago

Any chance of bringing back the drain topic option to the main forum page? We had it for a while some time ago, might be nice to have it back again. I like to cruise the main forum page to make sure I get the chance to see as much as possible, but it'd be nice to drain topics I know I'll never need/read without having to leave the main page and open them to do it.

If not, no worries, I'm happy the way things are.

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

Any chance of bringing back the drain topic option to the main forum page? We had it for a while some time ago, might be nice to have it back again. I like to cruise the main forum page to make sure I get the chance to see as much as possible, but it'd be nice to drain topics I know I'll never need/read without having to leave the main page and open them to do it.
If not, no worries, I'm happy the way things are.

You can do this by clicking the "batch" link, then selecting all the topics you'd like to drain, and then draining them in a batch / bulk.

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Here is how I keep up on my conversations..
I bookmark the activity/topics page - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/view/user-visited - This page shows you either all the threads you've viewed or posted in. Each thread has colored circles and numbers at the right side of the page showing how many new posts there are since you last viewed the thread
I then scroll through the page for topics I want to look at right now. For each I'm interested in, I use the mouse button that opens a link in a new tab.. and click on the colored number for each thread I'm interested in. Then do this for all the threads I'm interested in.. and then one by one go through each tab and read/interact with each thread.
Using tabs, and the activity page is a great way to keep up with discussions you are interested in without having to back and forth a lot.

I do exactly the same, but when you follow, say 30 threads, you have 3 tabs open. Which is getting crowded in the browser.
Is there any what to just click on the colored number and the post just drop down, on the same page. You then can just scroll down until you reach the end en the next thread with a colored number is there to click on. Clear?

#47 7 years ago

I'd love to see a button that takes me straight to that list, except not even bothering to show topics without new posts (or bookmarks in the middle). Especially on my phone.

I think you can do that with the button most recent activity - that will sort your list on threads with activity instead of the ones you last visited.

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I do exactly the same, but when you follow, say 30 threads, you have 3 tabs open. Which is getting crowded in the browser.
Is there any what to just click on the colored number and the post just drop down, on the same page. You then can just scroll down until you reach the end en the next thread with a colored number is there to click on. Clear?

Okay, I see what you mean but I think that would be technically very challenging. It could be done if threads had only a limited number of new posts. But what if a thread has 220 new posts? Loading them all at once and inserting them on that same page.. would be quite... heavy lifting.

Quoted from Miguel351:

Any chance of bringing back the drain topic option to the main forum page? We had it for a while some time ago, might be nice to have it back again.

I have actually been thinking about bringing it back. It was removed for UI and performance reasons, but I still think it could be done. Needs more work though, please don't hold your breath for this

I see what you mean, but that would also get annoying if you are trying to re-read something in a thread, even if that thread has zero new posts. You would simply be unable to find the thread anymore.

#49 7 years ago

I love a challenge
You could limit it to say 25 posts and then a button to open a new tab with the thread.
Or a solution where a you have a drop down button which opens a frame below the thread header with the thread where you can scroll through, just for viewing, if you would like to post something you would have to go to the thread by clicking on the thread header.

Just thinking out loud here.....

#50 7 years ago

I'd still love a "Mark All Read" option.

There are 138 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-forum-quality-update/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.