Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by aobrien5
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bears.gif
    #1 8 years ago

Today a new update was finally released. It took a bit longer due to some annoying issues with topic pagination (which I have hopefully tackled once and for all now).

WHAT'S NEW?

- Bugfix: PDF support is back and enhanced! We now support PDF attachment uploads. But you can now also upload PDFs to the game archive and in PM message attachments (pm attachments is a +feature)

- New feature: post bookmarking
    Manually keep track of the last post you read. Don't have time to read all the new posts in a thread? Add a bookmark and resume reading later. Look for the little bookmark icon in the bottom right of any post. Hit that to bookmark that post. Next time you open this topic, you'll be sent to the bookmarked post and the bookmark will automatically be cleared.

- Fix/Enhancement: Game archive uploads can now be properly categorised again. You can do this before uploading images to the archive (select the category before selecting images or upload) or after uploading (hit the categorise icon on an image to put it in a different category).

- New feature: thread tools toolbar
    All topic tools conveniently grouped at the bottom of each topic. Quick fav, drain or unvisit.

- Fixed bug: forum topic page numbers bug
    Plaguing Pinside since the early 1900s: the page number bug. and this is another try to fix this issue once and for all. Don't get your hopes up, I suck at programming, but at least I keep trying to tackle this one

- Marketwatch notifications distance filter
    Added a geographic distance limiter. Only get notifications for ads in your area. Set your radius here: settings > marketwatch. Distance is determined as the crow flies, not the actual driving distance.

- Fixed bug: Page numbering on Pinsiders profile pages was not working past page 1 for viewers with topic auto-loading disabled.

- Fixed bug: Looking up a Pinsiders location now centers and zooms the map properly.

- (Most likely) fixed bug: Some people were reporting slow sign ins. This *should* be fixed today

- Much more: too much to mention all here. (Ok ok, I admit, I forgot everything else I did).

EVERYONE who communicated behind the scenes with me or the mod team, thanks for the bug reports, signs of support and other fanmail - we do our absolute best to make Pinside great for you every day!

BUGS?
    There must be or it's not a real update. Please report them via a PM to me or via separate threads per bug in the pinside > bugs sub-forum.

LOVE PINSIDE?
    Are you on here every day? Please support the site and become a + member. Gets you some cool "power features" too. More info on our donate page.

#2 8 years ago

Thanks Robin!

#3 8 years ago

Was there ever a talk about pinsider tagging in a post? So if someone creates a topic that may be of interest to Robin, I can merely type @robin (or some variable instantiator) and robin would receive a notification of some sort. I don't think pinside mail or email is a good mechanism but maybe a bubble popup on login next to the username in the top toolbar with a list of posts you have been tagged in. Click on it and jump right to that post?

I can see this being used a lot. I could see its benefit in the marketplace. If I know "X" is looking for a game and it goes up for sale, tag X in the thread and they get notified to take a look.

#4 8 years ago

February?

#5 8 years ago

Thanks Robin and team! The Bookmark feature is excellent.

#6 8 years ago

OMG ANIMATED GIFS WORK?!
    bears.gifbears.gif

2 weeks later
    #7 8 years ago
    Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

OMG ANIMATED GIFS WORK?!

Those sure are some big gophers

Love the new range option for notifications and bookmarks!

#8 8 years ago

The instant notifications are awesome! Thank you. Glad I contributed!!!!

#9 8 years ago

Can we save the last visited/most recent activity options on the personal activity pages yet?

#10 8 years ago

The bug about posting/etc still seems as bad as ever.

You click 'send post' - get no feedback.. yet the post is created. But you get jumped to some post page WAY back in the thread.

I've also seen ngix errors after posting sometimes..

And I don't know if it started with this update, but links from the activity page rarely take me to the specific post in the thread anymore.. just the page and I have to scroll down.

3 weeks later
    #12 8 years ago
    Quoted from aobrien5:

Can we save the last visited/most recent activity options on the personal activity pages yet?

Looks like this is happening in some way now. +1

Thanks!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-february-madness-update and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.