pacman-chart-1.jpg
points.png
DSCN0655.JPG
pinside.jpg
sorting_issue.png
red bar of doom.png
image-645.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kst8cat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#284 9 years ago

I am having an issue come up on the Pin Map that I believe is related to the site update. Ever since early March I have not been able to edit an existing location or add a new location which contains an apostrophe in the title. When you attempt to do so, it does not accept the edit and tells you that the location is not found. So when I added Knolla's Pizza and Betty's Too Laundromat earlier in March, it took numerous attempts for me to figure out what was going on and why it did not accept the new location. Eventually I just added the locations without the apostrophe and it worked fine. So yesterday I wanted to edit Cactus Jack's because they switched out a machine and replaced it with a different one, and the same issue came up. It just tells me the location does not exist when I try to edit. Again I could just remove the apostrophe from the title, but thought I would bring it up so that the bug could be worked out as I am sure some people have probably attempted to make edits and were denied without knowing why.

1 month later
#309 8 years ago
Quoted from kst8cat:

I am having an issue come up on the Pin Map that I believe is related to the site update. Ever since early March I have not been able to edit an existing location or add a new location which contains an apostrophe in the title. When you attempt to do so, it does not accept the edit and tells you that the location is not found. So when I added Knolla's Pizza and Betty's Too Laundromat earlier in March, it took numerous attempts for me to figure out what was going on and why it did not accept the new location. Eventually I just added the locations without the apostrophe and it worked fine. So yesterday I wanted to edit Cactus Jack's because they switched out a machine and replaced it with a different one, and the same issue came up. It just tells me the location does not exist when I try to edit. Again I could just remove the apostrophe from the title, but thought I would bring it up so that the bug could be worked out as I am sure some people have probably attempted to make edits and were denied without knowing why.

Unfortunately this bug has not been fixed yet. I still can't edit any locations that have an apostrophe in the title unless I delete the apostrophe from the title. I just tried to edit Lucky's Everyday and John Barleycorn's Bar and couldn't. There are a lot of locations that have an apostrophe in the title. There are at least 7 in the Wichita area.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kst8cat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-february-2015-site-update?tu=kst8cat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.