pacman-chart-1.jpg
points.png
DSCN0655.JPG
pinside.jpg
sorting_issue.png
red bar of doom.png
image-645.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

Kind of lost the elegance of the thumbs up/down box. I think your going in the wrong direction with that, its still good though. Also, if it stays how it is, it was nice that you could just click outside of it to close it and not have to click on a specific button to close it.
Just my 2 cents.

Yes, but now all the little morons that couldn't understand that thumbs up or down was =not= meant as "I hate your guts" or "I want to blow you" now have a more open system where the facebook-ism can be applied to mean whatever you want it to mean. Same deal with the tilt. What was a brilliant form of self-censorship, and a great pinball euphemism, has now been dumbed down and made "non-pinball-related" because a few dinks were too stupid to understand that OMG UR POSTS AREN'T CENSORED. It still has the functionality to have the system auto-hide a post for you when other people mark it as NSFW.

Now, we have two "new" systems, which are functionally *exactly the same* as the "old" systems, but with a few definitions changed around and some UI elements moved around..I don't get why all the effort placed into that, but hey, whatever floats your boats, I guess.

FWIW, the UI changes are much welcomed for me. Clicking outside of the up/down box never worked for me on Firefox, ever. I always had to manually click the close this popup link. I haven't browsed the marketplace yet, but read through the info post about the changes, and seems to be all good.

#63 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

i can see both ways, i suppose... but it's not overly useful to me to see topics i don't post in any more float to the top of my activity list...

Especially if you're just following one person's recent posts....not the posts of everyone else responding to that one person.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-february-2015-site-update?tu=frax and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.