pacman-chart-1.jpg
points.png
DSCN0655.JPG
pinside.jpg
sorting_issue.png
red bar of doom.png
image-645.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ccotenj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 9 years ago

robin, fyi, it's not playing completely nice with firefox... a lot of the icons aren't showing up, etc.

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Try a CTRL+F5 to force a full refresh.

Quoted from robin:

Which Firefox version? Did you try holding shift and then clicking on the refresh icon?

forceflow got it for me robin... i was being brain-dead...

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

When I wake up I like to check last night's activity just in case I need to make adjustments to the last few posts from late the night before. But now when I go to activity they or no longer at the top. They are buried.

agreed... it is a bit confusing, as i also preferred that the topics that i actually recently posted in sort out first...

robin, can we have a sorting option?

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'll be honest, I don't even look at the histogram or the stats, they're cool and nice looking (the retina icons make me happy!), but I just slide my eyes past them straight to the posts. That's why I clicked the thread, to read the comments by people. Not to get the stats.
When it was started, what day it got more posts, all that stuff is cool. But I would want to seek it out because I cared, maybe there's an option to have it collapsed by default? It's a lot to scroll past for every single page you read.

agreed, they would be better if there was a "click here for stats" and it opened a box based on an action... while they may be interesting to some people, i'm not really seeing a great "need" to see this on every page...

#62 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

A lot of us requested that it switch to the current way, because while I hear your view, it's frustrating sometimes to have threads you were participating in not show up in the list because they went quiet for a day or two and get pushed way down. So there's value to the new way too.
I guess it's the difference between wanting to track "your" activity vs wanting to track thread activity that you're participating in.
Not sure what the happy medium is, besides adding a sorting option.

are we talking about the same thing? i mean under the "my activity" heading...

for example, the first thing listed in "my activity" list at this moment is "system 11 club"... i haven't posted in that thread in over a year...

i can see both ways, i suppose... but it's not overly useful to me to see topics i don't post in any more float to the top of my activity list...

#78 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

one thing I do not liek with the change is that the envelope mail header up top no longer flashes "new" when I get a new PM. Now, just the count of unread messages goes up.
I liked the quick visual that I have new mail.

it does "pulse" though... took me a minute or two to catch on to that...

#83 9 years ago

thanks robin!

#97 9 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Quickest code update of a code update ever!
What a great bunch of pinsiders..
Screen Shot 2015-02-27 at 12.52.11 am.png (Click image to enlarge)

image.jpgimage.jpg

#158 9 years ago

one cool new feature i noticed last night is the ability to rotate uploaded pictures... that will come in handy...

good job robin!

#159 9 years ago

robin, how about some type of middle ground on the "up/down pop up box"?

have it show the avatars of voters, but eliminate the top half of the box that says how many karma points you get per vote, and what a vote means... that would eliminate about half the size of the box...

#198 9 years ago

for those of us who are red/green color blind, it already looks green...

#201 9 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Email is still very much alive.
The idea is to be notified of updates when you are away from the forums. Almost every forum has this option. Personally, I make use of it on the forums that I don't visit every day or don't have a reason to visit unless a thread I'm interested in is updated. I'm sure plenty of folks are in the same boat.
Now, I could see forgoing email updates if there was a dedicated pinside app with notifications, but since that isn't in place, email is still a fine way to be alerted about certain things.

as long as there is the option to turn it off, i'd vote for this too...

the problem is for "hot topics", i can see getting a couple hundred email notifications a day... at which point, it would be rather annoying (for me, anyway)...

#203 9 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Hey, here's a bug. I was posting my update as ForceFlow was. When my post was submitted, his and others also showed up. When I tried upvoting his post, it just sent me to the top of the page. Once I hit refresh, all was well.

i think that's an existing bug, as that used to happen to me prior to the site update occasionally...

#206 9 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Typically, you can "subscribe" to a thread for notifications, and select whether you want "instant" email notifications any time there is a new post, a daily email notification (which might be useful for hot topic threads where you would only get a maximum of 1 email per day for that subscribed thread), a weekly email (similar to the daily email notification), or a monthly email.

that works for me...

#212 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Sweet! Not a big deal or anything, but that one bugged me all the time. Thanks.

yup me too, thanks again on that one robin.

i also noticed today the checkbox to turn off the pop up when up/downvoting a post...

#217 9 years ago

nope, once i unchecked the box, gone forever...

#234 9 years ago

robin, you might want to update the "pinside faq" to reflect the removal of tilt warnings and the new method of "hiding" nsfw pictures...

#235 9 years ago

is it just me, or are images taking forever to load?

edit: or just hanging waiting for the image to load?

#237 9 years ago

seemingly no difference on an ipad... hmmm...

#239 9 years ago

yup. nope. enlarging them seems to take the same amount of time...

#240 9 years ago

just to make sure it's not my internets connection crawling, i streamed some video with no issues...

edit: occasionally, new images seem to load ok... but most of the time, very slow....

1 week later
#262 9 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I've been seeing a few instances where images are being marked with warnings, even though they are innocuous (ie, photos of parts).
It seems like some folks are intending to click the "expand" button on the image, but mistakenly click the warning button instead. It might be that the two buttons are possibly too small and too close together if folks are accidentally clicking the wrong one.

good point...

maybe robin can move one of the buttons to the left bottom corner, and leave one on the right bottom corner?

3 weeks later
#292 9 years ago

robin, whatever you do, please don't remove the downvote....

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ccotenj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-february-2015-site-update?tu=ccotenj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.