Topic Stats

• 314 posts
  • 94 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jfesler
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 31 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Apr 24, 2015 16:22.gif
image.jpg
before.png
after.png
image.jpg
Capture.PNG
Green_Dot.JPG
piechart.jpg
pacman-chart-1.jpg
points.png
DSCN0655.JPG
pinside.jpg
sorting_issue.png
red bar of doom.png
image-645.jpg
image.jpg

There are 314 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.
#301 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Testing it with Safari on OS X.
Edit: Resizing the window seems to work fine.

I'm on an 11" screen, so perhaps blow up the font big to compensate if you are on a bigger screen.

1. click edit, scroll window up so that "edit post" is near top of browser window.
2. zoom in on your browser until the edit window is 1/2 the size of the screen vertically (command + "-")
3. click-hold at bottom right corner of screen
4. drag down to resize it bigger
5. notice whole page "jumps" down, and the edit window moves an entire window height AWAY from "edit post up top"

-mof

BEFORE
before.png
AFTER
after.png

#302 4 years ago

Is it possible to remove HTTPS from the direct image links?

#303 4 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Is it possible to remove HTTPS from the direct image links?

Then you would get the "mixed content" warning messages.

#304 4 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

I briefly saw what looks like a refresh button (arrows in the shape of a circle) yesterday beside the enlarge image button. Is this experimental to get images to load on iOS 8 devices? I only have this "the server has stopped responding" issue on iOS 8. Not iOS 7 or any other device/OS/browser.

Actually Robin turned this back on and it's a rotate button! Works well to rotate your pictures in a snap. The only thing I would suggest is a confirmation message when you click on it. I accidentally rotated a couple of images I had uploaded when I meant to click the enlarge button next to it.

image.jpg
#305 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Then you would get the "mixed content" warning messages.

Even if it's just a link that doesn't load anything unless you click on it? Hmm...

#306 4 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Even if it's just a link that doesn't load anything unless you click on it? Hmm...

The browser shows a pop-up warning message as soon as the page loads. It's supposed to be a security measure.

#307 4 years ago

Just curious, is there any way to see who has "favorited" a thread? ...sort of like you can investigate and see who has "liked" a post?

Gracias,
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.ElephantEater.com

#308 4 years ago
Quoted from mof:

I'm on an 11" screen, so perhaps blow up the font big to compensate if you are on a bigger screen.
1. click edit, scroll window up so that "edit post" is near top of browser window.
2. zoom in on your browser until the edit window is 1/2 the size of the screen vertically (command + "-")
3. click-hold at bottom right corner of screen
4. drag down to resize it bigger
5. notice whole page "jumps" down, and the edit window moves an entire window height AWAY from "edit post up top"
-mof
BEFORE
before.png (Click image to enlarge)
AFTER
after.png (Click image to enlarge)

GIF added
-mof
Apr 24, 2015 16:22.gif

3 weeks later
#309 4 years ago
Quoted from kst8cat:

I am having an issue come up on the Pin Map that I believe is related to the site update. Ever since early March I have not been able to edit an existing location or add a new location which contains an apostrophe in the title. When you attempt to do so, it does not accept the edit and tells you that the location is not found. So when I added Knolla's Pizza and Betty's Too Laundromat earlier in March, it took numerous attempts for me to figure out what was going on and why it did not accept the new location. Eventually I just added the locations without the apostrophe and it worked fine. So yesterday I wanted to edit Cactus Jack's because they switched out a machine and replaced it with a different one, and the same issue came up. It just tells me the location does not exist when I try to edit. Again I could just remove the apostrophe from the title, but thought I would bring it up so that the bug could be worked out as I am sure some people have probably attempted to make edits and were denied without knowing why.

Unfortunately this bug has not been fixed yet. I still can't edit any locations that have an apostrophe in the title unless I delete the apostrophe from the title. I just tried to edit Lucky's Everyday and John Barleycorn's Bar and couldn't. There are a lot of locations that have an apostrophe in the title. There are at least 7 in the Wichita area.

1 week later
#310 4 years ago

Can we go back to the February update (for desktop browsers anyway) please?

4 months later
#311 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Typically, you can "subscribe" to a thread for notifications, and select whether you want "instant" email notifications any time there is a new post, a daily email notification (which might be useful for hot topic threads where you would only get a maximum of 1 email per day for that subscribed thread), a weekly email (similar to the daily email notification), or a monthly email.

Sorry for newb question here, but I've searched around and can't find it. How can I subscribe to a thread so I get notifications of new posts to it? Is there a setting so when I make a post in a thread I will get e-mail notification of new posts after that?

#312 4 years ago
Quoted from Bob86ZZ4:

Sorry for newb question here, but I've searched around and can't find it. How can I subscribe to a thread so I get notifications of new posts to it? Is there a setting so when I make a post in a thread I will get e-mail notification of new posts after that?

Nope, unfortunately notifications don't exist.

You can "favorite" a thread so that it is listed under the "favorites" button along the menu up top. Or, look under "activity" for anything that you viewed or posted in.

#313 4 years ago

Thanks ForceFlow. That's too bad though. Every other forum I'm on has notifications. Seems like it might be a good feature to add if possible here. Won't deter me from posting though. Love pinball, love this forum. Play On!

#314 4 years ago

From another thread titled Pinside Notifications Possible?

Quoted from robin:

E-mail notification have been in the .plans for a while, but I'm worried about e-mail volume and the consequences it may have on the server. I could use a third party like Mandrill to handle the e-mail, but that's expensive.
Hey, maybe I'll turn it into a paid feature, that way only 2% of actual users will need e-mail updates

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 150.00
Various Other Swag
Pinside Shop
€ 4.20
Flipper Parts
Buthamburg
$ 7.00
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
$ 7,399.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
$ 34.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Cabinet Parts
Maple Street Sign Shop
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
M&M Mods
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 7,500.00
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 209.99
$ 29.95
Apparel - Unisex
The GameRoom Store
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 314 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside