pacman-chart-1.jpg
points.png
DSCN0655.JPG
pinside.jpg
sorting_issue.png
red bar of doom.png
image-645.jpg
image.jpg
There are 314 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.
#101 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

i'm sure it's right in front of me...
but with the Tilt button gone how do people flag the NSFW post ?

It's a tiny exclamation point in the lower right of a picture now. You don't flag the entire post, just each picture.

#102 9 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

It's a tiny exclamation point in the lower right of a picture now. You don't flag the entire post, just each picture.

Gracias

#103 9 years ago

Just doing a post from iPhone, and the post (with image) hung.
I hit browser reload and post (with image) showed up.
Here's a screen shot.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#104 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

i'm sure it's right in front of me...
but with the Tilt button gone how do people flag the NSFW post ?

There's an exclamation mark in the lower right hand corner of images.

[edit]: Whoops, wolf beat me to it.

#105 9 years ago

At least someone in the pinball world can get code done. lol. Just kidding. Sorta.

Thanks for all the hard work.

#106 9 years ago

Time to make a donation - keep up the great work!

#107 9 years ago

Thanks for fixing the profile jump!

#108 9 years ago
Quoted from robin:

- Added sorting selector for activity page (choose date you last posted or date of most recent activity)

d4e38612c48a18c5f15eaf2772a7a42ea5c98393f43e69811e5b8888d832eea6.jpegd4e38612c48a18c5f15eaf2772a7a42ea5c98393f43e69811e5b8888d832eea6.jpeg

#109 9 years ago

It won't save my default settings in the market section

#110 9 years ago
Quoted from bushz:

It won't save my default settings in the market section

Yep, same issue here.

#111 9 years ago

Shhh....Robin's sleeping.

#112 9 years ago

Are links within the threads not working? I can't click on any. I have to copy and paste into my browser.

#113 9 years ago

Nope, confirmed on mobile Safari.

#114 9 years ago

Correct! Just noticed that myself. ROOOOOOBIIIIIIIIN!!! WAKE UP!!!

#115 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Correct! Just noticed that myself. ROOOOOOBIIIIIIIIN!!! WAKE UP!!!

That's a big one IMO. I'm sure it's an easy fix.

#116 9 years ago

Opening in new tab seems to work.

#117 9 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Opening in new tab seems to work.

confirmed, it does.

#120 9 years ago
Quoted from robin:

- Added sorting selector for activity page (choose date you last posted or date of most recent activity)

Is there a way to make the setting "stick" one way or the other, and not always default to "date you last posted" every time you visit the page?

#121 9 years ago

The attachment icon is the only thing I will miss. All the other updates are really great.

#122 9 years ago

Ok it may be late and I may be too tired but I went into a couple forums I was in made my comments for the night and then had to scroll all the way to the top of the page to get to the forum menu... Would it make sense to have a "forum home" bar on the bottom of the page too??????

#123 9 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

Would it make sense to have a "forum home" bar on the bottom of the page too??????

...or, you could hit the "home" key on the keyboard.
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://www.Team-EM.com
http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
http://ww.PinWiki.com - The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info

#124 9 years ago

new updates haha. Won't load more than one page now. Tap on a web address nothing happens

#125 9 years ago

Ok it may be late and I may be too tired but I went into a couple forums I was in made my comments for the night and then had to scroll all the way to the top of the page to get to the forum menu... Would it make sense to have a "forum home" bar on the bottom of the page too??????

I like this idea but if you hit the flippers with the ball picture at the bottom it will take you back to the top of the page.

#126 9 years ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

new updates haha.

A curious comment.

Quoted from Captainhook:

Won't load more than one page now. Tap on a web address nothing happens

A bit more explanation would help. I don't understand what you are trying to say.
Hyperlinks don't work when directly clicked, but right clicking and "open in new tab" works fine, which is mostly what I do.

--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://www.Team-EM.com
http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
http://www.PinWiki.com - The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info

#127 9 years ago

Also, I pointed it out in another thread, but the "tilt" button is pretty close to the enlarge button. I would hate to push the wrong one, not that I ever push either.

#128 9 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

Are links within the threads not working?

Hyperlinks not working, I'm sure it will be fixed before long. Liking some of the other changes already though!

#129 9 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

The attachment icon is the only thing I will miss. All the other updates are really great.

i mentioned that a year or two ago and was told to scroll down a little and click on the 2 flippers image at the bottom left (footer) and that would take me to the top of page.

hope that helps, a little

#130 9 years ago

Just click the word Forum in the nav at the top. I open all new threads in tabs and close them when I'm done reading for the most part though.

#131 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

i mentioned that a year or two ago and was told to scroll down a little and click on the 2 flippers image at the bottom left (footer) and that would take me to the top of page.
hope that helps, a little

OK Llabnip, however your quoted the wrong guy or there is a glitch.

For the other posters, there is a 'Jump to the Top" on the bottom of the page.

#132 9 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

OK Llabnip, however your quoted the wrong guy or there is a glitch.
For the other posters, there is a 'Jump to the Top" on the bottom of the page.

ohhh that's weird... i quoted the right one, but now when i look at it, it's totally the wrong quote

hmmmm.
i had a problem earlier on my smart phone getting posts to complete and then return back to the page. They would just hang in limbo. maybe the system burped on one of those?

#133 9 years ago

this is a test...

#134 9 years ago

Minor issue but posted videos are no longer click and view. (I'm using Chrome) I have to right click and open link in a new tab or window. I'm lazy I guess.

Thanks for the update.

#135 9 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Minor issue but posted videos are no longer click and view. (I'm using Chrome) I have to right click and open link in a new tab or window. I'm lazy I guess.
Thanks for the update.

yep, ebay link is that way now too.

#136 9 years ago

Marketplace searches are no longer honoring previous saved search preferences. Saving as default a fresh time, and later going to the marketplace again, the preferences are lost again.

Net effect: Marketplace no longer capable of showing stuff "near" me by default.

#137 9 years ago

I couldn't link a machine to a new topic while creating the topic. It would drop down the list but not accept the mouse-click to select. I could link it once the thread was posted, but not while creating it.

#138 9 years ago

Its it just me, or are others experiencing links in post not opening without right clicking?

#139 9 years ago
Quoted from Chrisbee:

Its it just me, or are others experiencing links in post not opening without right clicking?

This should be fixed now!

Quoted from TimeBandit:

I couldn't link a machine to a new topic while creating the topic. It would drop down the list but not accept the mouse-click to select. I could link it once the thread was posted, but not while creating it.

Also fixed, thanks for reporting.

Quoted from jfesler:

Marketplace searches are no longer honoring previous saved search preferences. Saving as default a fresh time, and later going to the marketplace again, the preferences are lost again.

Good catch, should be fixed now.

#140 9 years ago

It might just be me but if you have a question as to what something is going for these days (price wise) what topic are you to use? There is a "Buying Advice" topic but no "Selling Advice"! If I use "Pinball Parts For Sale" it throws me over to the Marketplace!

#141 9 years ago

I think any question as to what something is going for these days (a "price check") can go in "Buying Advice". It doesn't matter if your actual intent is to sell a game. I agree that the sub-forum name is a tad misleading in your case, but that's where I would go for such a question.

#142 9 years ago

I don't mean to harp on this, but the upvote/downvote dialogue box is still huge, bothersome, and bulky. The way it scrolls half the page you are viewing out of sight is a bit clunky. The old system was much more user friendly and way less intrusive, as it was just 1 quick click and done.

#143 9 years ago

I would like it if nothing popped up at all. If you care to see the details you can click on the little pop bumper

#144 9 years ago

Ditto. Pop bumper for pop ups! Otherwise, just green the upvote as confirmation.

(Please!)

#145 9 years ago

I thought about not having the box pop open when upvoting or downvoting. Only letting it popup if you click the popbumper icon. But decided against it as I wanted it to be clear what those icons do, how it works. Maybe a setting is in order here? Make sure new Pinsiders see the popout box and established Pinsiders can opt to not have it auto-open on voting?

#146 9 years ago

I'm getting an error when trying to view all Pinsiders on the map:

USER RETIRED
Invalid account status code: ''

#147 9 years ago

Yeah, I'm also getting a "user retired" error when trying to view the Pinsiders map.

Robin- I was checking this for someone, so if you are on here can you please address this?

Is this map supposed to show the locations of people who have a particular game on their wishlist? I see owners of the game (Pinside icon) and where to play the game (purple dot), but not the wishlisters (should be a yellow dot?)

#148 9 years ago

Great updates, thank you.

I noticed I can't crop my avatar pic in chrome (haven't tried IE or FF). I tried a bunch of different images, could be an issue on my end I suppose.

Thanks for all you and your team do!

#149 9 years ago

This is such a nice looking and functioning site and it keeps getting better. Thank you Robin for all your hard work producing such a great place for pinball fans.

#150 9 years ago

Update is really nice. Best functionality update to date! hats off.

There are 314 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-february-2015-site-update/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.