(Topic ID: 193243)

Pinside Fantasy Football League 2018 (jump to 3rd page)

By cscmtp

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 146 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Mrbill
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 6 years ago

Count me in if there's a spot!!

#8 6 years ago

Never played in a league on this site. Is there a mobile app?

3 weeks later
#25 6 years ago

Where can I see all our leagues scoring rules?

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from jitneystand1:

http://www74.myfantasyleague.com/2017/options?L=53568&O=09
I'm wondering about the roster...it says 20. Do we really have 10 bench spots?

I hope not. Haha

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Yep, have you not seen how often players get injured these days? Almost no one is tough anymore. So yes 20 roster spots.

Makes the waiver wire almost useless then. No strategy. Especially when using the budget system. I doubt I make one transaction unless it's a trade.

Your league your rules, but 20 roster spots is insanity imo. Now I see why some want to do a slow draft. This is gonna take forever to pick teams. Haha

Also do you have anything in place to combat someone on the ends getting screwed over by auto pick? Like if 12 or 1 takes a second too long to pick or loses connectivity, boom. Two picks they didn't want, happen. Sorry haven't done an online draft in ages.

#33 6 years ago

Okie dokie. Guess I better read up on who the 6th string RB of each team is. Haha

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

For what its worth, I play in a lot of leagues that have 22 roster spots, and yes, even in those leagues, there are gems on the wire to be found all the time. For me, 20 total roster spots IS cutting it down.
Now if it makes everyone happy, we could chose to have 11 starters and make 2 flex spots available.

Really not a big deal at all. Just make the rules and if people don't like them they don't have to play. Was just surprised by the number of players on each roster.

Any idea onbthe draft date and time? Post here when known. I can't tell when stuff is posted to the league page without checking constantly.

#38 6 years ago

Pick 9 of the first round is up.

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Wanted no parts of Todd Gurley. Drafted Gurley, yeah FF!

He's got no where to go but up right?

#42 6 years ago

Great beast mode pick right before me.

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

I thought about taking Marshawn but he is 31 and he has been out of football for a year. I can still see him have a great year with the Raiders. At least he gets to play in his hometown before the Raiders move again.

Well since I had no RBs yet (still don't) I was looking for a boom or bust RB. He was it. Oh well.

#46 6 years ago

Whoever drafted Mixon, you're gonna lose! Shame shame!!

#48 6 years ago
Quoted from resipsa:

slow drafts and OCD - not a good combination

Getting fucked by autodraft is a bigger OCD trigger for me. Now that we've started to draft this way, I'm glad we did it.

#50 6 years ago

Dang I thought primetime tonight we would've gotten through at least a couple rounds!

#52 6 years ago

Please tiny baby Jesus let Eifert stay healthy this year!

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from jints56:

I considered taking Eifert along with Reed, but having 2 injury prone TE's was too much risk for me.

I was sitting there waiting for your other pick and was like "watch him take Eifert too". Haha

I wouldn't want all that risk either.

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I hope these new helmets end up really helping the concussion issue. Reed is basically as dominant as Gronk when he's on the field...but there lies the problem.
Getting Crowder at 6.7 seems like very good value. I'm happy with that pick

I keep forgetting we're ppr. Luckily this slow draft is keeping me in check. Now I'm glad I didn't get beast mode. Haha

#60 6 years ago

Hopefully run DMC gives me a solid 6 games. Not really sure what's gonna happen still but worth the risk at this point for me.

#66 6 years ago

Went zero QB strategy this year. Interested to see how it pans out.

#69 6 years ago

Yeah can we get a message to him? Should be picking very fast at this point.

#72 6 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

I made it all the way to round 12 before selecting somebody I had never heard of. Is that good?

I'd say so. I'm getting to that point too. My last five picks are going to be based off which players colors I like the best.

#75 6 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Can't decide if I love or hate my team...definitely more questions at RB than WR

Me too. Pretty sure I'm good at WR. My RBs would be horrible in a non ppr, just hope they suffice in this league.

#93 6 years ago

Yeah good idea to post these here for people that didn't know about them.

1 week later
#104 6 years ago
Quoted from jwwhite15:

Yeah, thanx guys I figured it out. As I muttle around this site I am remembering why I didn't play after the first year. Nothing against the op as I appreciate you doing the work and putting this together but damn this site is not user friendly.

No I completely agree. Sure espn may not be as customizable as some other ones, but damn it's so user friendly.

NFL's fantasy website/app sucks too.

#106 6 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Surely not as confusing as Yahoo?

Haven't used yahoo since like 2004 so can't speak to that. All I will say is espn is #1 for a reason. Haha

3 weeks later
#116 6 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

So after 3 weeks we are going to have six 2-1 teams and six 1-2 teams?
#parity

My game isn't over yet. I need to survive JJ Nelson tonight. I'm up 23.7

#118 6 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

I picked the wrong week to go up against Gurley and Stefon Diggs and company...

Whoa someone had both of them? Damn.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-fantasy-football-league-2017?tu=chuckwurt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.