(Topic ID: 193243)

Pinside Fantasy Football League 2018 (jump to 3rd page)

By cscmtp

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 146 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Mrbill
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

There are 146 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 6 years ago

There are a couple ways I have found to do this.

If you are using desktop there is an option under the 'For Owners' tab that is labeled 'My Watch List' that shows everybody in alphabetical order - highlight a name there and click the button at the bottom of the page.

Also, if you click on a name from the 'Player Stats' tab it opens options at the top of that specific player's page. One of those is 'Add To Watch List'

If you are using the phone App you can search under 'Find A Player' on the left side then select a name from the list, then click the arrow at the top of the page(next to the map) and that will open up options for Add,Draft, and Add to Watch List

#102 6 years ago
Quoted from jwwhite15:

So can you not create a watch list or something of the same idea?

Yeah, that's available. Under "For Owners" there's "My Watchlist" and whenever you are looking at a player's profile there is a menu item to "add to watchlist"

#103 6 years ago

Yeah, thanx guys I figured it out. As I muttle around this site I am remembering why I didn't play after the first year. Nothing against the op as I appreciate you doing the work and putting this together but damn this site is not user friendly.

#104 6 years ago
Quoted from jwwhite15:

Yeah, thanx guys I figured it out. As I muttle around this site I am remembering why I didn't play after the first year. Nothing against the op as I appreciate you doing the work and putting this together but damn this site is not user friendly.

No I completely agree. Sure espn may not be as customizable as some other ones, but damn it's so user friendly.

NFL's fantasy website/app sucks too.

#105 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No I completely agree. Sure espn may not be as customizable as some other ones, but damn it's so user friendly.
NFL's fantasy website/app sucks too.

Surely not as confusing as Yahoo?

#106 6 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Surely not as confusing as Yahoo?

Haven't used yahoo since like 2004 so can't speak to that. All I will say is espn is #1 for a reason. Haha

#107 6 years ago

I agree the MFL site sucks but would like to echo thanks to the commish for setting this up. Putting something like this together is a thankless job for sure.

Also, I really enjoyed the slow draft even if it meant I checked that damn site 500 times in a week checking for my turn

#108 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Haven't used yahoo since like 2004 so can't speak to that. All I will say is espn is #1 for a reason. Haha

I could believe Yahoo hasn't been updated since 2004.

#109 6 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

I agree the MFL site sucks but would like to echo thanks to the commish for setting this up. Putting something like this together is a thankless job for sure.
Also, I really enjoyed the slow draft even if it meant I checked that damn site 500 times in a week checking for my turn

There were a couple of times during the slow draft where I thought I had queued players but when I checked back in it was my turn holding things up. I agree that being commish is a thankless job and appreciate the efforts!

#110 6 years ago

Yahoo is better than espn in the day to day. The only good part of espn is the draft engine and you get a blurb of what they think for the week for each player. One feature I like about nfl.com draft engine is it tells you what each team is still missing in the que. Yahoo sucks has no one uses fractional points. nothing worse than ending in a tie or your player gaining 9 yards and you get 0 for that.. I like nfl.com and yahoo as you can loose or win by 1/100 of a point!

Quoted from SteveO:

There were a couple of times during the slow draft where I thought I had queued players but when I checked back in it was my turn holding things up. I agree that being commish is a thankless job and appreciate the efforts!

I commish 3 leagues and its really no work. if your working, the software engine is bad. As commish, all you need to do is setup the league. After that its just making sure people show up for the draft. I just discovered there is a even a site to collect fees called leaguesafe. Never tried it but it sounds interesting. I have always done live draft. But sounds like this one was manual and offline. Now that would be lots of work.

#111 6 years ago

C'mon Mancrushin' - I am not against trading but you can't offer me two of your bench warmers for two of my starters

#112 6 years ago

might want to check the ADP, I offered the highest drafted player in Landry, for your WR that was taken a few rounds later...thus I asked to swap backup QBs.

#113 6 years ago

Congrats to Kareem Hunt's owner. Nice way to start the week. I am in another league and my opponent started him. CBS had me as a 60-40 favorite before last night's game. Now I am a 30-70 dog.

#114 6 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

Congrats to Kareem Hunt's owner. Nice way to start the week. I am in another league and my opponent started him. CBS had me as a 60-40 favorite before last night's game. Now I am a 30-70 dog.

In my other league one of the guys has LeVeon Bell, Zeke and Hunt for RB's...was all set to play Hunt but benched him since Zeke was OK'd to play week 1. Ouch.

2 weeks later
#115 6 years ago

So after 3 weeks we are going to have six 2-1 teams and six 1-2 teams?

#parity

#116 6 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

So after 3 weeks we are going to have six 2-1 teams and six 1-2 teams?
#parity

My game isn't over yet. I need to survive JJ Nelson tonight. I'm up 23.7

#117 6 years ago

I picked the wrong week to go up against Gurley and Stefon Diggs and company...

#118 6 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

I picked the wrong week to go up against Gurley and Stefon Diggs and company...

Whoa someone had both of them? Damn.

#119 6 years ago

Unless kicker Dan Bailey scores 48 points tonight I should finally get my first win of the season.

#120 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Whoa someone had both of them? Damn.

Boscokid is Diggstown. Games like that are why I rejected a few trade offers before the season, seems like when he is on the catches and yards come in bunches for Diggs.

Still not 100% sold on Gurley but they are using him on the field almost every play

#121 6 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

Drafted in the 5th round in our league. That guy is killing it.

1 month later
#122 6 years ago

I somehow find myself in 1st place in my league with 3 other guys nipping at my heels and the rest well behind. This is a standard league with playoffs starting week 15. Any suggestions for how to prep for that? This is uncharted territory for me. I'm thinking try to find guys with easy schedules. I've been doing well with 1 QB (Prescott), 1 kicker (Zuerlein), 1 TE (Brate). I rode Bulls D for most of the season but have now switched to Ravens. I've got Coleman, Lynch, and White as RBs. Cooper, Woods,Corey Davis and JuJu as WRs. I need/can dump Bilal Powell and Aaron Jones and possibly Josh Doctson andNew England D for new guys. Kinda worrying about QB with O line problems in Dallas. Pickins are slim. Case Keenum and Jay Cutler (and maybe Bortles)are available and Cutler has the easier schedule. Was thinking about trying to grab Charles Clay or Greg Olsen at TE and Ekeler or Dion Lewis at RB. My opponent isn't looking too strong this week, but you just never know. I usually win when I'm a bit of an underdog.

8 months later
#123 5 years ago

Thought I'd bump this thread as we are setting up the league again for the 2018 season. I know of at least 2 openings this year (and possibly more) so please post and PM if you are interested in joining. This is the 5th year we've done a pinside FF league. Here's a quick summary of the league settings:

$100 buy in, 12 teams, we use 1 point per reception scoring for RBs, WRs, and TEs. Passing TDs are 4 pts. We start 1qb, 2rb, 3wr, 1te, 1 flex (rb, wr, or te), 1 team defense and 1 kicker.

We use Victory Points for our playoff seeding. The 6 teams with the most VPs at the end of the regular season make the playoffs, with the top 2 teams getting a first round bye. We use BBID waivers once a week, and then first come first serve waivers from Thursday evening until Sunday kickoff.

#124 5 years ago

This is a fun league! Looking forward to it again this year.

#125 5 years ago

Looking forward to a bounce back season.

#127 5 years ago

We have at least 3 openings so far.

#128 5 years ago

How do I get in? And when is the draft?

#129 5 years ago

oropuro sent ya a PM. Just need your name and email address and then I'll send you an invite to the league page. Once we get all 12 teams (I THINK we are just 1 short at this point) we'll vote on the draft date. In the past we've done both a live draft where we knock it out in 2-3 hours and we've done a longer 8 hour timer that could take a few days to complete. Whatever the group wants is fine.

#130 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

oropuro sent ya a PM. Just need your name and email address and then I'll send you an invite to the league page. Once we get all 12 teams (I THINK we are just 1 short at this point) we'll vote on the draft date. In the past we've done both a live draft where we knock it out in 2-3 hours and we've done a longer 8 hour timer that could take a few days to complete. Whatever the group wants is fine.

Long draft went really well last year...

#131 5 years ago

I want in on this.

#132 5 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I want in on this.

PM me your name and email and I'll shoot you the invite. Thanks!

#133 5 years ago
Quoted from oropuro:

How do I get in? And when is the draft?

I sent you the invite from the league page. Let me know if you have any questions.

#134 5 years ago

what site are you using?

#135 5 years ago
Quoted from Raegor:

what site are you using?

MFL (My Fantasy League)

#136 5 years ago

I am in for this season! hope its a live draft and late in the season (after 3rd playoff), but I am cool with whatever. Please draft in evening!

#137 5 years ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

I am in for this season! hope its a live draft and late in the season (after 3rd playoff), but I am cool with whatever. Please draft in evening!

#138 5 years ago

Payment sent. Thanks for organizing! Is there a mobile app you recommend for MFL? I see 2 in the App Store, one is free and one is $3. Thanks guys

#139 5 years ago
Quoted from jalkelly:

Payment sent. Thanks for organizing! Is there a mobile app you recommend for MFL? I see 2 in the App Store, one is free and one is $3. Thanks guys

was there a funds request?

#140 5 years ago
Quoted from jalkelly:Payment sent. Thanks for organizing! Is there a mobile app you recommend for MFL? I see 2 in the App Store, one is free and one is $3. Thanks guys

JaKelly what is your paypal address? I don't see your payment, and just want to make sure you sent it to [email protected] (if even 1 character is wrong I won't show the payment and paypal won't notify you that its not a valid paypal account)

#141 5 years ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

was there a funds request?

Yes please send $100 using paypal's friends and family in the US option to [email protected]

#142 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

JaKelly what is your paypal address? I don't see your payment, and just want to make sure you sent it to [email protected] (if even 1 character is wrong I won't show the payment and paypal won't notify you that its not a valid paypal account)

Sorry! I used the correct email this time, crazy how much that helps.

#143 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Yes please send $100 using paypal's friends and family in the US option to [email protected]

funds sent.

#144 5 years ago

Really enjoyed the slow draft - absolutely hated the MFL software.

#145 5 years ago

if any of you guys want to play in my league on nfl.com, we had a spot open up. pindevil and jakelly are playing there. Its a $20 league. funds going to 1-4. the link to join is:

Join Here: http://fantasy.nfl.com/registration/privateleaguejoin?leagueId=1886567
League ID: 1886567
League Password: arcade

the draft is live monday sept 3 6:30pm pst. 90sec timer. 1pt ppr. 1qb, 3wr, 2rb, 1te, 1w/r/t, k, d 7 man bench. I just added an IR slot. so it should get done in about 1-1.5 hour.
------------------------

update:
slot has been filled. If something opens up I will repost here. Just waiting on 2 to send funds.

#146 5 years ago

another slot opened up... Here is the join link.

Quoted from Mrbill:

if any of you guys want to play in my league on nfl.com, we had a spot open up. pindevil and jakelly are playing there. Its a $20 league. funds going to 1-4. the link to join is:
Join Here: http://fantasy.nfl.com/registration/privateleaguejoin?leagueId=1886567
League ID: 1886567
League Password: arcade
the draft is live monday sept 3 6:30pm pst. 90sec timer. 1pt ppr. 1qb, 3wr, 2rb, 1te, 1w/r/t, k, d 7 man bench. I just added an IR slot. so it should get done in about 1-1.5 hour.

There are 146 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-fantasy-football-league-2017/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.